[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did they ever explain who originally piloted this monster? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

File: Turn A.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Turn A.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
Did they ever explain who originally piloted this monster?

What could possibly have made them want to use it the way they did at the end of the Dark History? What was the pilot thinking?

Could anything beat this?
>>
>>15795225

Kinda. The Turn-X's MG manual includes this info (https://pastebin.com/DPLgZy5Z)

> Turn X is a machine that drifted to Earth from outside the solar system for some unknown reason. It's supposedly an MS created by people who left the Earth sphere in search of a new frontier long ago, and is seemingly made to be piloted for the people who were known as newtypes. Thus, it cannot draw on its full power in the current Earth sphere which has no newtypes.
> Regardless, the people of Earth feared its advanced technology, and wary of an invasion from outside the solar system, created the Turn A Gundam and its systems based on the Turn X's technology. In the end there were no invasions, and it instead put an end to the wars on Earth.
> There was once a war between two factions, one that believed that civilization should be reset so that mankind could start anew, and one that wanted to solve all problems with technology, and the Turn A and Turn X, representing the two factions, clashed, and this resulted in the Turn X losing. The X mark on its chest was a result of the damage from this battle, and could not be repaired by any means. In the end civilization was reset, and Turn X and Turn A created mountain cycles at their final destinations.

That's as much as has really ever been said as far as I know, though there's a bit more info on the units themselves scattered around. Tomino's setting notes from a Turn-A book released just after the show has some stuff about how the Moonlight Butterfly is based on the DG cells for instance, but there's nothing more around about the pilots or the people who created the units.
>>
>>15795245
Judau, you tremendous cunt.
>>
>>15795251

Judau isn't involved. When Dianna is expositing the Black History there's a short part where she explains newtypes converted colonies in to hibernation ships and left the Solar System when they realized shit was about to go down and wanted no part in it.
>>
>That bone chilling scene when they show the Butterfly activated.

I can only imagine the pilot had enough of the bullshit wars and went rogue.
>>
File: math.png (45KB, 277x510px) Image search: [Google]
math.png
45KB, 277x510px
>>15795245
>Turn A had the dumb smelly earthnoid scum in it who thought civilization was best being reset

We need an AU where the Turn X won. Fucker cucked everyone out of an extremely Cyberpunk UC Gundam.
>>
File: 1476300554364.gif (780KB, 360x191px) Image search: [Google]
1476300554364.gif
780KB, 360x191px
Venus Globe
>>
>>15795367

To be fair, you kind of had one anyway since the Moonrace live in an almost Dystopian society where the vast majority are stored cryogenically, you're only unfrozen when there's work for you, the military and cryo running corporation have more control than the official ruler, the proles are subject to ineffective cryocare that results in some of them dying in storage and because of the odd rules about cryosleep you could either be older than your parents for much of your life or simply never see your parents again.

Also, Gym tried to wipe out all civilization on Earth in the finale too, so the pilot of the Turn-X in the present of the setting is just as bad as the pilot of the Turn-A in the past of the setting.
>>
Some things are better left in mistery.
>>
>>15795225

This gundam looks ugly overall but damn, that fucking mustache.
>>
It was Amuro.
>>
>>15795959
more like casval
>>
File: 2.jpg (763KB, 1926x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
763KB, 1926x1600px
>>15795736
Take a closer look.
>>
>>15795993
this is my fetish
>>
>>15795225
>Dark History
anything to do with black people? just asking
>>
File: effp8p.jpg (20KB, 451x640px) Image search: [Google]
effp8p.jpg
20KB, 451x640px
>>15795225
>who originally piloted this monster
Isn't it obvious?
>>
>>15795245
Imagine if the Turn X is a grunt suit for whatever group it originated from.

>"Hey Larry, you remember to put the gravity brake on your MS this time?"
>"Yeah, I'm certain I .... oh godammit, I forgot. It's already drifted several thousand miles away."
>"Eh, just get a new one."
>>
>>15795245
>Turn A was the bad guy

Jeez
>>
File: 1493669893756.jpg (148KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493669893756.jpg
148KB, 720x720px
>>15799950
>implying the White Devils aren't always the bad guys
>>
>>15799941
There was that one manga where Turn A is a mass produced suit
>>
>>15795225
I like to imagine that the situation had gotten so grave this was literally the only way to ensure humanity's survival, or anything on Earth at all. Wipe the slate clean in a way that won't leave the environment absolutely fucked for eternity.
>>
>>15799607

> He lost

It's not obvious, no.
>>
>throat singing intensifies
>>
>>15800137
I prefer thinking that this was the unfortunate result of an all out fight between the Turn A and the Turn X.

I also like to imagine that the Turn are semi-sentient and the W kept its scars to remind itself of that asshole, A.
>>
>>15801486
TURN A TURN
TURN A TURN
>>
>>15804207
TUHN A GUNDUM
>>
>>15795260
thats exactly what judau did you nig
>>
>>15795225
>What was the pilot thinking?
He/she was the villain of this hypothetical Turn A prequel show
Duh
>>
>>15795736
Shit taste faggot right here.
hating on Turn A is so "2014 /m/" get your shit together
>>
>>15795245
Gunpla manuals aren't cannon. If they were, where were Strike Freedom's beam saber DRAGOONs?
>>
I hated Turn A design until his first shot from rifle. That was hardcore.
>>
>>15806212

No, it isn't. Judau modified one colony in to an extra solar migration ship and left, using engines in a distinctive radial pattern different from any other colony. There's a dozen or more ships leave in Turn-A (the implication is that's where all of them have gone), and they look entirely unmodified.
>>
>>15795225

I'm in episode 8. When does the monster part happen? Or are you refering to it's grotesque looks?

>>15806327

Stfu, only fags and numales (fags) use the "current year" meme. Give me legitimate reasons why Turn A isn't fugly.
Ironically Turn A did away with all but one of the hideous iconic gundam characteristics (the colour scheme) and it still turned out ugly. Bland too.
>>
>>15808830
You don't find out about its past for a long time
>>
>>15806419
Eh? Didn't the rifle melt the first time it was fired in the show?
>>
>>15806571
Post-apocalyptic trek throught the stars as the Spaenoids finally leave the Earth Sphere in search of the rumored Newtype haven founded by Judau, when?
>>
>>15806359

They are when they don't contradict anything from the show, are based on the writer's setting notes and fill in blanks the show never addressed.
>>
File: 1444493517911.jpg (42KB, 495x636px) Image search: [Google]
1444493517911.jpg
42KB, 495x636px
>>15809427
NEVER EVER
>>
>>15806212
MLB nanos are "perfected DG Cells".
Whoever built Turn X didn't leave the Sol system until after G Gundam, so it couldn't have been Judau.
>>
>>15800105
Turn-A G-Bits
>>
>>15795225
>Could anything beat this?
Devil Gundam, easily.
>but MLB
made of DG Cells. DG Cells are what lets Devil Gundam control other things. Turn A starts this fight *already* infested with DG Cells. It would just turn into Devil Gundam's new body without even a fight.
>>
>>15808830
Go to school kid summers almost done.
>>
>>15811549

That's a pretty silly supposition, just because it's cells are descended from DG cells doesn't make them identical or mean the DG could use them as a control mechanism. Our cells are descended from the same cells as those of moss; doesn't mean we're going to be photosynthesising anytime soon.
>>
File: 2017-08-27 00.13.23.png (97KB, 477x585px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-27 00.13.23.png
97KB, 477x585px
>>15795245
>>15795251
Is the UC 653 thing BS? Because if its not, it explains the whole thing. Can anyone give me a sauce on it? This comes from the Judau Ashta wiki article
>>
>>15815491

It's from a manga called Victory Side Story, in which Uso helps Judau defeat a Zeong descended unit before Judau helms a colony out of the solar system as a deep space exploration ship, with enough newtypes are onboard that some of them are in cold sleep. And it's about as canonical as something you'd read on fanfiction.net.

It also doesn't explain diddly, least of all how Judau not only had a colony full of newtypes in UC0150 or so, but put some of them in hibernation; technology that doesn't exist in Victory itself. Or for a long time afterwards going by Turn-A. What rock did he look under to find a few million spare newtypes to fill the colony? That's roughly a million times more than UC has ever been indicated to have.

Victory Side Story is a fun little tale, but that's all it was presumably ever meant to be, same as the Counterattack of Gigantis story the same guy penned a few years earlier for the same magazine about Amuro, Char and Judau teaming up to fight Ideon. It's not necessary to explain the Turn-X, because té show doesn't even care about explaining it and leaves enough clues to put together a picture of it's origin without ever involving Judau or his colony for those who want to.
>>
>>15815491
It's sort of true.
There's a side manga where Judau does lead a colony ship to leave the Sol system for Proxima Centauri.
Problem #1:
It's in the same manga as Judau and Amuro piloting the Tri-Zeta against Ideon.
Problem #2
Turn-X has nanomachines created from DG Cells. Whoever built the Turn X didn't leave Earth until after G Gundam
>>
>>15809427
Nothing Hasegawa wrote will ever get animated because no one wants to pay him for his shlock "plot".
>>
>>15811549
>made of DG Cells.
Wrong. DG cells were modified and used again by terrorists, which lead to a second outbreak, and then they modified again to introduce apoptosis to be used to refertilize the Earth, and then much later on that became the basis for the Turn X's MLB, which was then later reversed engineered to create the Turn A and its MLB. Calling the MLB nanomachines DG cells is like calling humans the first mammals to walk the Earth.

If anything the MLB has a better chance of hijacking the DG cells being millennia more advanced created by an interstellar race of newtypes.
>>
>>15811549
What makes you think the Turn-A wouldn't have a veritable nanomachine "immune system"? More data is required from both subjects before we could make such speculation.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.