[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished the first season of IBO - is the audience supposed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: Kudelia_Aina.png (101KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
Kudelia_Aina.png
101KB, 300x500px
Just finished the first season of IBO - is the audience supposed to like this bitch? Because holy shit she is even more insufferable than Kira. At least Kira actually did stuff, Kudelia does LITERALLY FUCKING NOTHING and gets worshiped as some kind of hero by the entire cast. What were they thinking?

Anyway the show sucks, 4/10
>>
>>15793697
you were too kind to Iron Blooded Ovaries, OP.
>>
File: 1456089655182.jpg (129KB, 727x440px) Image search: [Google]
1456089655182.jpg
129KB, 727x440px
B-BUT OP
>>
>>15793697
You're brushing up against one of the final themes of the show, the power of the narrative.

> We're introduced to Kudelia, thinking she's some incredible politician when in actuality she's just a naive kid who says pretty speeches.
> Her speech in Dort is supposed to be her "really getting it" and becoming the figure we thought she was. But if you go through the contents of the speech, it's really just her playing chicken with Gjallarhorn while saying the workers didn't set off the bombs. She never directly accuses Gjallarhorn of doing so.

> She meets Makanai, who turns out was lying to her the entire time in a plan to be reelected after (as his bio on the official website puts it) having to resign because of his involvement in a corruption scandal. He promises to give Mars the half-metal rights if Kudelia can get him reelected while threatening Tekkadan into being his bodyguards. We're supposed to think he's a good guy.

> Kudelia gets him reelected and is awarded the half-metal rights. In real life, this could be classified as a form of corruption called political patronage.

> S2E1 we find out Kudelia and Tekkadan have made the problem of child soldiers even worse through opening exposition.
>>
>>15793697
The shift to her character growth was insanely painful and outstretched for the entirety of the show.
Her role in season 2 isnt as episode focused, but shes there all the way to the last second of the end episode.
>>
>>15793697
You're right but at least she barely shows up in the 2nd half, though this means the first half was basically pointless.
>>
Your bait is shit and so are you. 0/10 post and person.
>>
>Kudelia does LITERALLY FUCKING NOTHING

What? She hires mercenaries and joins forces with a corrupt politician to interfere in another country's election so that he could give her back access channels for mining of raw materials on Mars.

She's literally did the most world level changing shit out of any non combatant Gundam woman character ever.
>>
>>15794800
>>15793931
>She's literally did the most world level changing shit out of any non combatant Gundam woman character ever.
Why is it so apparent that people who defend IBO has never seen a Gundam anime before?
>>
File: this makes me want to throw up.webm (322KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
this makes me want to throw up.webm
322KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>15793697
Between her and people too lazy bragging for subs or learning moon, I think she has at least done something in her life even if it is somewhat meaningless.
>>
File: gusion.jpg (17KB, 360x406px) Image search: [Google]
gusion.jpg
17KB, 360x406px
Finish the whole thing, anon.
>>
>>15793783
They tried to make politics in the show more life-like, that's true, but they failed. Seems like Dougram and LoGH are still unsurpassed.
>>
>>15794808
You mean yourself because outside of tifa, diahna, lacus, mineva zabi, and relena, there arent many women in gundam who are non combatants who ultimately do anything directly that affects the political infrastructure of their story. Pretty sure mineva ranks as least powerful even though she has the most importance.
>>
>>15793708
>Iron Blooded Ovaries

you can do better than that
>>
>>15795069
>Outside most of them there aren't many examples

You're pretty fucking stupid aren't you?
>>
>>15793708
Oh, hey, it's you again.
>>
KUDELIA SUGOI
>>
>>15793697
That said, her hair is cool.
>>
>>15796959
I'm glad I don't associate sugoi with IBO
>>
>>15795122

so which of them did anything that affected the political make up of their world?

Are you the same faggot that just tells people they're retarded if they don't understand G-Recco instead of explaining it?
>>
>>15794800
>non combatant Gundam woman character
Nobody gives two shits about them though, in a franchise about war with giant mecha as the means of combat there is no reason or incentive to get to know, or invested in someone who isn't a pilot, or captain.
>>
>>15794810
YEEART
>>
>>15797023
I thought Kihel and Dianna were pretty good characters.
>>
>>15793697

She's less important in the second season. In the first she's merely the false flag vehicle for the protagonists to rise to power on whilst every one else makes their movements based on their success rippling through the political scene.
>>
>>15797023
Tell that to Sunrise fgt. We just spitting knowledge at yo ass. She might be shit but she's the least shit of the bunch.
>>
File: aryanjewwaifu.png (580KB, 488x679px) Image search: [Google]
aryanjewwaifu.png
580KB, 488x679px
>>15793697
she's got fat tiddies.
>>
File: Lacus_Clyne.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lacus_Clyne.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>15797022
>so which of them did anything that affected the political make up of their world?
Considering Lacus became QUEEN BITCH OF THE FUCKING UNIVERSE I'll say that means more than anything Kudelia did who pretty much got her position at the end due to Rustal's own power llowing it where as Lacus did everything by herself. She probably the most pro feminist representation in a Gundam anime.
>>
File: 1501716454433.gif (612KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
1501716454433.gif
612KB, 500x341px
>>15797022
>so which of them did anything that affected the political make up of their world?
>Relena becomes leader of the world and completely shifted the status of the government in Wing
>Diana led a militia for years until she was frozen and then came back to completely change the Moonrace ideology and root out the problem
>Lacus got three of the most powerful nations to form an alliance that completely shaped the War and era through her influence and became lovers with the most powerful human being on the planet
Add insult to injury Kudelia is just an elected official who will be replaced once her term is done or once the higher ups get sick of her in fact she only even got her position was because Rustal thought it would be funny. Nagai and Okada even said that she won't last long. In terms of actual accomplishments she doesn't even compare.
>>
>>15797181
She was already basically a queen fgt. She's also a idol that panders to the fgs in Japan that like that shit.
>>
File: theworst.jpg (228KB, 729x1000px) Image search: [Google]
theworst.jpg
228KB, 729x1000px
>As long as I exist there will never be a worse peace princess than I!

This is undeniable.
>>
>>15797272

Sure, the woman who actually believed in non-violence and played a key role in Setsuna's development going from believing he could bring about peace through armed force to bringing about a peaceful end to first contact. Yup, the teenage activist who only achieved her goal of Martian independence because of Gjallarhorn pulling out of the Mars sphere while she is still treated as the Maiden of Revolution is way better.
>>
>>15797290
Glad you agree. Her singing ass made me want to die.
>>
>>15797269
>She was already basically a queen fgt
She was literally the bubbly daughter of a politician
>>
>>15797290
Eh, I'll say both served their purpose though I would say Kudelia actually grew as a character in the first season realizing that her Maiden title was just bullshit rendered even more pointless now that its been given to Juliette.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.