[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they even bother building the Alex if the war was all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: RX-78NT-1.jpg (50KB, 295x499px) Image search: [Google]
RX-78NT-1.jpg
50KB, 295x499px
Why did they even bother building the Alex if the war was all but won by that point?
>>
To counter develop as a safeguard the Zeong or other weapons the Zeon forces could in theory be developing with the hopes of turning the war around
>>
I don't think the EFSF anticipated Zeon surrendering after Aboa Qu. Remember, they didn't anticipate the casualties would have included Ghiren, Degwin, and Kycillia. They were expecting to continue fighting at Granada and possibly even Side 3. Therefore they needed to field newer and better mobile suits.
>>
>>15790212
And Pezun which is a second Aboa Qu. they weren't expecting Zeons top leadership to Literally explode in half a day
>>
Because Zeon was developing the Big Zam for mass production.
>>
Because the Federation forgot to use their time machine to check if the war would be over by the time they had finished developing the unit before they started. It only took quarters and they were all out of change and just too lazy to bother getting any.
>>
The alex is "NT-1". The EF was starting to experiment with making ms for newtypes. They didn't know the war was about to end but even if it did ms and newtype tech development would continue. This was the EFs first baby steps until later stuff added more material to the oyw like EXAM and what-not.
>>
>>15790206
They expected to invade Side 3. It just that they didn't expect Ghiren to be a retard and kill his father, Kycillia go even further beyond and kill Ghiren in the middle of the battle and Char being Char and killing Kycillia.
>>
>>15790379
I don't think anyone could've anticipated that. Especially Char's antics. He was a wildcard.
>>
The Feds literally thought they would have to go all the way to Side 3.

Zeon leadership falling apart was a big deal.
>>
>>15790379
But Blue Destiny and the Efreet's EXAM originated with Zeon.
>>
>>15790206
Because it's cool. Gotta build cool things before the war ends and you don't have an excuse anymore.
>>
>>15790206
So the GM custom and GM Kai offshoots could happen.
>>
>>15790206
Because they expected the war to last longer than just one year. That, and they were just starting their development projects for Newtype-use MS.

I do like the general idea that if everything had gone off without a hitch, and the Alex was delivered to White Base in time for the Battle of A Baoa Qu, Amuro would have fucking dominated the Zeong.

True, the Chobham Armor would have restricted the use of the arm gatlings, but in the grand scheme of things, it's doubtful that they would have made a significant enough difference, given that the Zeong's not made of tissue paper, like the Kampfer. The Alex, even with the additional armor, was considerably more mobile than the basic RX-78-2, and the weight of the machine would be less of an issue in zero gravity and low gravity environments. The Alex was a machine built specifically with Amuro in mind, hence the panoramic cockpit display and the magnetic coating for the joints, allowing for increased responsiveness.
>>
>>15790754
>Amuro dominates the Zeong
>No Last shooting
>No sword duel.

Wow, dodged a bullet there. Bernie was really a hero.
>>
>>15790754
>chobham
what's even the point of that when everyone's switching over to beam weaponry
>>
>>15790206
Peace is just preparation for the next war.
>>
>>15790206
That's stupid, you don't stop technical development just because the war might be over soon.

>>15791809
The vast majority of Zeon suits still use ballistic weapons, and the number of Gelgoogs available are relatively little. Looking at it from the other way, I'm almost sure the Alex's shield still has anti-beam coating plus it's one of the more agile suits of the OYW, so it's not like it sacrificed defenses against beam weapons.
>>
>>15790754
>and the Alex was delivered to White Base in time for the Battle of A Baoa Qu
I need a what-if manga where Amuro gets the Pixie in Belfast (would most likely wreck Char in his Z'Gok) and Amuro getting the NT-1 instead of magnetic coating.
>>
>>15790206
Because nothing sells gunpla like secret prototype Gundams
>>
>>15791850
What would happen to the Pixie, though? Destroyed at some point before the departure to space/before Amuro gets the magnetic coating, or it survives, and is given to one of the other WB pilots as a hand-me-down? Like Sayla, maybe?

>They also get the completed Mudrock Gundam, which Kai gets to use.
>Hayato is still stuck with the Spray Missile Guncannon.
>Being Hayato is still suffering, no matter what continuity he's in.
>>
>>15791891
The Pixie is earth based only. So it stays at Jaburo (transferred to either Matt Healy's Delta team or goes to Graves/Slave Wraiths as usual)
RX-78-2 being upgraded since Belfast is now the G-3 (with magnetic coating) transferred back to the White Base before leaving earth.
>>
>>15790754

> I do like the general idea that if everything had gone off without a hitch, and the Alex was delivered to White Base in time for the Battle of A Baoa Qu

This would never have happened so long as A Boa A Qu takes place when it does chronologically, because even if Zeon had never gotten wind of the Alex's development and never sent a team to investigate it the Alex was still in testing and final development. Bernie's fight against Chris is only about 4 days before A Boa A Qu (Bernie fights Chris on Christmas Day, while A Boa A Qu starts on the 29th), so even if there was no combat the Alexs' testing would have over run the date of A Boa A Qu regardless. Even shipping it from Side 2 to A Boa A Qu alone would take about 3 days most likely, since it takes the White Base 3 days to go from Luna II (near Side 7 at L3) to Earth according to timelines, while shipping Alex would require going from Riah (in Side 6 at L4) to Zeon (in Side 3 at L2), which is just about the same distance. The Alexs' development team were never being harassed to finish the Alex up for shipping within 0080 as is, so I doubt the Federation would try and push them to ditch testing for A Boa A Qu as is either.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.