[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If there is one thing that make Amuro stand above other Gundam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 2.jpg (13KB, 242x242px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
13KB, 242x242px
If there is one thing that make Amuro stand above other Gundam protagonists, it is that we can see him suffered war, recovered from it, and grew as a person.

The real reason why people hate that "High school boy fall into the cockpit" trope is because almost no other show has did it as well as 0079.
>>
>>15784480
Nearly all gundam protagonists go through that cycle though. Kamille and Judau for example are both more or less forces into piloting, lose someone important to them, struggle with the reality of war, and finally gain some sort of acceptance with it. I think what makes Amuro so popular is that he was the first to do all that, but more importantly we get to see him at multiple points in his life and watch him cope with everything in his past as an adult. Few newtypes survive that long to make such progress. Imagine what Kamille would be like in his twenties.
>>
>>15784599
The problem with Kamille was he got vegetabled and shoved off-screen just as he was about to really reach the moment of true maturation, which was a damned shame because it could have been brilliant.
>>
>>15784480
As the other anon stated many,and almost all gundam and mecha MCs go through this.
Uso, Loran, Setsuna, etc.
>>
>>15784722
Eh, you can't really put Setsuna up there as he was a non-character that the writers had no idea what to do with. They clearly wanted to cast Miyano for the fujobucks and created a character that was basically the same as every other character he had played up til that point in his career.
>>
>>15784723
> a non-character that the writers had no idea what to do with
Has a clear character arc, so I've no idea what you're talking about.

> the same as every other character he had played up til that point

I don't see the similarity between Setsuna and Moondoggie.
>>
>>15784599
>we get to see him at multiple points in his life
You see that with Judau too though.
>>
>>15784723
Literally what the fuck are you talking about?

Even ignoring the other anon's point about Moondoggie who's a relatively inconsequential side character, there's absolutely no resemblance between Setsuna and Miyano's most popular main character roles before that like Light or Riku.
>>
>>15784480
Unlike other gundam protagonist, Amuro is a soldier and he didn't force his ideal to everyone and he is not pompous or arrogant he is Amuro. He didn't take pride on killing or in his insane piloting skill. If he wanted he could take control of all Earth Sphere but he didn't because it was not the right thing to do.
>>
>>15785775
I think you're hitting the space juice a bit too hard
>>
>>15785841
Sorry
>>
>>15784599
The reason Amuro is popular is because unlike his successors he does it well. Amuro was always more sympathetic than the rest
>>
>>15784619
>which was a damned shame because it could have been brilliant.
No, it WAS brilliant because they avoided turning him into a overpowered Mary Sue like Kira in Destiny. Kamille is a tragic character and they found a way to make his moments in ZZ impactful.
>>
>>15784928
You talking about Crossbone?
>>
>>15784480
Pretty much every /m/ series does this though. Hell even Valvrave has the main character go through this.
>>
>>15784723
00 was literally Fujobait: The Casting

Miyano
Miki
Kamiya
Nakamura
Irino Miyu
Namikawa
Hamada
Konishi
Yoshino
>>
>>15786011
>Amuro was always more sympathetic than the rest
THIS.
>Amuro is like a kid in a city being bombed got into a plane and then started fighting the enemy to save his people
>Kamille is like if an edgy teenager stole a military plane and then went on a killing spree
>Judau is just a straight up thief
>>
>>15784480
more like they keep doing it.
Almost every new show is some kid in a damn mech
>>
>>15786792
What about Furuya?

He played that dreamy guy in K̶i̶d̶o̶u Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon.
>>
>>15785775
>If he wanted he could take control of all Earth Sphere but he didn't because it was not the right thing to do.
Was there a Gihren's Greed game where this can actually happen? I think it involved either siding with Char, or taking over the EF from the inside.

>>15786079
It's hard to say Kira ever matured. He hated the idea of war and killing from the outset (which is fair enough), and never accepts it, largely because Lacus keeps handing him Pacifist God Mode every time he almost dies.
>>
>>15785775

> If he (Amuro) wanted he could take control of all Earth Sphere but he didn't because it was not the right thing to do.

I'm sorry, what? How would Amuro be able to take over the Earth Sphere? He's a great pilot, but that doesn't make him a charismatic politician or a warlord or something that could control or override established society.
>>
>>15784480
>If there is one thing that make Amuro stand above other Gundam protagonists, it is that we can see him suffered war, recovered from it, and grew as a person.

Ph please, there is nothing like that in 0079.
As for Zeta Gundam and CCA they bring a little of characterization to Amuro, but nothing that wasn't done also for the all the cast of the White Base. You could just as well say Bright is a much better developped character because we see him grow older, have a family etc... Same for the kid trio, Kai, etc...
>>
>>15786011
>Amuro was always more sympathetic than the rest

What kind of fucking delusion is this ? Amuro in 0079 is a fucking whinny bitchy character. So much so that he gets continuously bitch slapped by the only adult in the ship, thrown in the brigg, attempts a desertion, is fucking rude towards his friends (especially females) etc... Sympathetic character my ass.
>>
>>15792084
>Why aren't the untrained civilians acting like professional trained soldiers?
>Why aren't the untrained civilians reacting positively to poor leadership and discipline from an inexperienced leader?
>>
>>15784480
>The real reason why people hate that "High school boy fall into the cockpit" trope is because almost no other show has did it as well as 0079.

consider that by the end of the OYW there was a manpower shortage so obviously teenagers would be conscripted
>>
>>15793097
For Zeon yes, EF not so much. It's why Balls existed. Even with Balls around the EF was shitting out so many GMs anyway that Zeon's forces were well outnumbered at A Baoa Qu.

Zeon meanwhile was fucking around with actual child soldiers and pulling Zaku Is out to try and fight the EF.
>>
>>15791015
>Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon.
That's in 92. 0079 came out some years before that.

Amuro is what truly launched Furuya's career.
>>
>>15793140
>EF not so much

incorrect , Bright and Tem Rays conversation about teenage soldiers fighting as guerillas

White Base itself was full of teenagers

Those young recruits from Thunderbolt mostly winding up as cannon fodder

Kiki was 16 or 17 from what I can remember
>>
File: Guerilla Kids.webm (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Guerilla Kids.webm
1MB, 960x720px
>>15793496

The White Base could be an aberration allowed to continue out of convenience, but yea, my first thought was Tem's conversation with Bright too; which basically says the EF is using, or at least condoning the existence of child soldiers out of shortage of adults. Which makes sense in a setting where half of humanity has died.
>>
>>15793782

Reccoa is one of those guerrillas by the way, since she says she was a guerrillas in the previous war (which would be the One Year War) and as a 23 year old in Zeta, should would be about 15 in 0079.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.