[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Akira Kitamura has a blog about game design >He's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 1502802307357[1].jpg (2MB, 2429x3501px) Image search: [Google]
1502802307357[1].jpg
2MB, 2429x3501px
>Akira Kitamura has a blog about game design
>He's writing and drawing some kind of story about an android or something
>he might be thinking about getting back into game design
>notice the comment section
>notice no one's posted anything

S-should I post something?
>>
If your interest is piqued, why not?
>>
>>15782746
Tell him to stay far away from Kickstarter.
>>
>>15782746
Yes
also where can I fin scans of that book OP?
>>
>>15782843
>also where can I fin scans of that book OP?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dpgpc1bvb9fhbu7/MM25pt1.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/39lqyqklp10vxek/MM25pt2.zip

Warning: The person who scanned this used a file numbering system that results in the pages being screwed up if you turn them into cbz files. You need to manually renumber them with the three digit format ("001", "002") to fix this.
>>
>>15782803
>>15782826
>>15782843

Thing is, I'm just some random dude. I fear that I might offend him in some way. He also might not like the attention.

http://aknote.hatenablog.com/
>>
>>15784230
tell him you are a fan and by all means would support his endevours.

and that there's a board in english that would do so as well.

... and to stay away from kickstarter.
>>
Fuck it, not OP but I'm gonna write something. Mega man's something I hold dearly.
Should I use google translate or just post in english?
>>
>>15784274
When I've tried to interact with people who have a different primary language I do both .
Like this

Hello! This is a pen.
こんにちは!これはペンです。

Do you like airports?
あなたは空港が好きですか?

Sorry for Google translate.
Googleの翻訳を申し訳ありません。
>>
>>15784274

The last post on his site is an explanation that he doesn't know English, and he is apologizing for that. So you should use Japanese.
>>
>>15784281
>>15784290
I just threw this together really quickly, tell me what you think.

Hi AK!
こんにちはAK!
I am a very big fan of Mega Man 1 and Mega Man 2
私はメガマン1とメガマン2の非常に大きなファンです
All the best luck with the game planning!
すべてのゲームプランニングで最高の幸運!
From my perspective, I think that it would be best to stay away from crowdfunding (for example: kickstarter).

私の見解では、クラウドファンディング(例えば、キックスターター)から離れていくことが最善であると思います。

I look forward to hearing about this game

私はこのゲームについて聞くことを楽しみにしています!
(I'm sorry for Google translation)
(Google翻訳に申し訳ありません)

Needs some work but I think he'll understand where I'm coming from anyway.
>>
>>15784307

Avoid mentioning kickstarter or any future game. We don't know what his intentions are. People are speculating that his blog is because he's either interested in writing a book or coming back to gaming. But it's all speculation, and no one knows what his deal is. I would have assumed that he'd be far over games by now since his last game was ZeramZone in 1996 (and his only 3D title). Maybe he wants to write some kind of "How to make games" book?

>私はメガマン1とメガマン2の非常に大きなファンです

This is "Mega Man" translated phoenetically into Japanese. It's called "Rockman" in Japan.
>>
>>15784307
Game planning came out just as gemu purraningu in katakana, same with crowdfunding
I dunno what they word they use for crowdfunding there.
Maybe try finding if there's jargon by hitting the English wikipedia article then going to moonrunes. That's how I grab specific strings for stuff.
You might try simplifying it to "I think ..."rather than perspective.

Or maybe we're way overthinking how to tell a guy you like the panty wearing robot boy.
>>
>>15784318
Oh shit I forgot about it being called Rock man. I'm tired as hell right now and posted it a minute before your reply. It should be up right now.
>>15784320
Tried several things and crowdfunding always defaulted to cloud funding (heh). He's not stupid so I think he'll pick up on what I mean.
>>
>>15784307

Delete, delete, delete. AK is a very private person. He asked Capcom employees to not use his real name and call him "AK" in interviews. That's why you see Inafune saying things like "my mentor" and such.

Western fans interacting with Japanese devs never goes well.
>>
>>15784307
>Hi AK!

>Hi

Are you fucking stupid? Genuine question, I just want to know if your idiocy is a result of getting dropped on your head as a baby or if your parents just went "Fuck it, the forest will teach him all he needs to know".

Have your weeb animoos taught you nothing about honorifics and proper etiquette when addressing a person? Jesus fuck he's literally going to stop reading on the first word.
>>
>>15783554
Don't suppose you have scans of the Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works as well?
>>
>>15785600

The Japanese version is on Sadpanda, not sure about the UDON
>>
He replied a few hours ago. He seems to have a good grasp of english but still JP>ENG and ENG>JP are really a pain in the ass and hard to get right unless you have at least some years of practice. Machine translations won't cut it, so it's better to refrain from posting broken jap messages to him.
Also the fact no one had commented before, not even in japanese is kinda suspicious to me, maybe it's not the right place to make small talk with him?
>>
>>15786403
It was nice of him to reply. He seems like a good guy.
>>
File: young wily and light.jpg (252KB, 576x890px) Image search: [Google]
young wily and light.jpg
252KB, 576x890px
Holy shit he responded this morning the madman. I didn't even expect him to reply, the original piece is over two months old. Should I ask him to include some /m/echa? He seems like a really nice guy.

So many questions for kitamura senpai. Most of them would probably be too sensitive to ask.
I wonder if he heard about MN9 and feels any resentment for Inafune.

>>15784414
I was half asleep you chucklefuck. And guessing from his reply he couldn't care less about the some greeting. He'd understand that I'm english first and foremost and wouldn't expect me to use jap honorifics.
>>15784414
>tfw probably wouldn't be able to ask him anything relating to capcom
>>15786403
On his profile he mentions working on both Rockman games and also Cocoron which is something I guess. Still kinda neat that he replied.
>>
>>15785600

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3pdijxesq811i/
>>
>>15786403
>He seems to have a good grasp of english

I think he's just using Google translate. The other parts of his site that are in both JP and ENG match Google translate outputs.
>>
The most pressing questions are:

1. Is he going to get back into game design?

2. Does he plan on publishing a book? Either on his ideas on game planning, or his fiction stories.

>>15786437

Professionals do not say anything negative in public about each other. They avoid talking about drama. He's not going to talk about his past at Capcom, or anything of that matter. Behind closed doors, professionals will say whatever, to each other, but in public, they are quiet.
>>
File: ninja captor.jpg (50KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
ninja captor.jpg
50KB, 500x355px
Alright hopefully something out of this is /m/ related but here's what I'm gonna follow up with.

Regarding your English, I think it is very good and you only made a few small errors, however I was still able to easily read it.
Overall, I'm very impressed!

I am speaking on behalf of an English imageboard.
More specifically, a board about discussing Japanese mecha.
Everyone on this board is also a big fan of Rockman 1 and Rockman 2.

Naturally, we're interested to hear about what you're working on and would show our support wherever possible.
If you do not feel comfortable answering these questions, it is okay to leave them blank.

1. Is this project of yours a game, or a book about games?

2. If it is a book, are you planning on publishing it?

3. If it is a game, will it include any mecha elements?

I definitely agree that Japanese is difficult
I would like to learn it one day if I had the time.
/reply

Any tokusatsu dorks seen ninja captor? I heard from an interview that he's a big fan of Ninja Captor and got his inspiration for Rockman from it.
>>
>>15786656
>I am speaking on behalf of an English imageboard.
>More specifically, a board about discussing Japanese mecha.
>Everyone on this board is also a big fan of Rockman 1 and Rockman 2.
>Naturally, we're interested to hear about what you're working on and would show our support wherever possible.

Please do not mention English imageboards. This kind of thing requires a delicate ambassador, with understanding of both Japanese and nuance, to write a well thought out reply. You sound like a spergy fanboy.

Don't number the questions, just ask if he's writing a book or making a game.
>>
>>15786656

Please do not mention fucking 4chan. The last thing we need to do is to introduce gamedevs to weirdo websites like this.
>>
>>15786660
>>15786663
>You sound like a spergy fanboy.
where_do_you_think_you_are.jpg
I'll remove English but what should I write if I replace imageboard? Website seems informal and if I mention it's based on 2ch or futaba then he'll probably laugh and ignore it.
>>
>>15786664

No need to mention websites as it's irrelevant. Just say you have some questions.

>where_do_you_think_you_are.jpg

The key is to not sound like one. I don't think you realize you're playing with fire. JP devs often express frustration at English fans, as they can be quite obnoxious and often just avoid them. AK could easily just close his blog down if too many people pester him.
>>
>>15786656

He's what I'd write:

>Thank you for your reply. I have a few questions. Do you plan on publishing your thoughts on game planning in a book? Are you working on any new video games?

Simple to the point.
>>
>>15786676
I'm aware of the >implications of doing this

anyway;
reply:

Thank you for your fast reply.
Regarding your English, I think it is very good and you only made a few small errors, however I was still able to easily read it.
Overall, I'm very impressed!

I just wanted to ask a few more questions about this project that you are working on.
If you do not feel comfortable answering these questions, it is okay to leave them blank.

Is this project a book about game planning, and will you be publishing it?
Is this project a new game?

I definitely agree that Japanese is difficult
I would like to learn it one day if I had the time.
/reply
I'm gonna post this and hope he divulges some more on it but I bet he won't feel comfortable enough to give much detail right now.
>>
>>15786656
>3. If it is a game, will it include any mecha elements?

That would be a strange and incoherent question for him. /m/ uses mecha very loosely, for them it would likely mean giant mecha. Kitamura has never worked on a game like that before.
>>
I think this is the first time AK has interacted with Western fans.
>>
>>15783554
thanks anon

>>15784230
>He also might not like the attention.
i don't think he'd be putting that stuff on a blog if he didn't want any attention. He might be quite a private person but a lot of artists/designers are like that and I'm sure he'd be pleased to know that his work isn't going unnoticed.
>>
>>15786656

you sound like an autist and should delete this reply
>>
>>15787694

He is using a false name, "Aki Kuroda" to blog. If he wanted attention he would use his real name and advertise it. He probably just wanted a place to write down his thoughts and didn't think anyone would actually read it.
>>
>>15787701

He does. I thought about having a well written response for months, but feared saying something stupid. Then this nerd barges in with some half formed nonsense. I hope it works out.
>>
https://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/encyclopedia/people.php?id=40292

He may have worked on a mid 90's erotic OVA.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.