[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Memri TV exists in UC Gundam then its probably mostly about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

If Memri TV exists in UC Gundam then its probably mostly about Zeon due to their presence in Africa and the middle east and Gihren Zabi being recognized as the messiah to certain sects of Islam
>>
File: Chara_DesertRommel_p01.jpg (14KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Chara_DesertRommel_p01.jpg
14KB, 300x225px
>>15780499
If it was unregulated by the Federation, I could see something like that existing.

One part of the religion believed paradise was in the expanse of space, while the other believed that the Messiah would clear the Earth of the scourge of the White man and return its lands to the rightful followers of Allah. This minor diffrence, also fused with the other hundreds of years of minor conflicts basically led to the two groups being unable to function properly as long as they knew which part of the religion they were a part of.

Desert Rommel temporarily fixed this problem, but it only lasted until Rommel himself got into the poltics of the situation with another religious advocator.

I should note if we go off of the old canon for gundam, three areas on Earth took horrifying damage during Operation British. North America, Australia and the Middle East. The Middle East, which had shown some signs of reformation by that time, was driven back into the stone age, which only allowed religious radicals to proclaim the incident as a an act of punishment from god, instead of a normal act of war.
>>
Would it be a glorious meme machine there too?
>>
>>15780499
>Gihren Zabi being recognized as the messiah
>Spacenoid kuffar trash being seen as anything other than kuffar trash

Yeah, how about no.
>>
>>15780673

By Spacenoid Allah as my witness, I will throw my shoe at you!
>>
>>15780499
>Gihren Zabi being recognized as the messiah to certain sects of Islam
Wait, what the fuck?
>>
>>15780702
ZZ novel canon, not official.

Cliff note version, Zeon was getting jumped by Arabs and Africans during the One Year War, they sent an officer named Desert Rommel to recruit, or wipe them out.

Desert Rommel, being of Arabic descent himself, is able to get close to many of the raiding African tribes and eventually convinces them that Gihren Zabi is the reincarnation of Mohammad. While they doubt at first, after looking upon a bust of Gihren one of the Zeon commanders had, they started to believe.

Raiding tribes start to fight in the name of Zeon and attack the Federation without harming Zeon. War starts to go bad and Rommel is abandoned Earthside. In a desperate maneuver, he recruits the most radical of the Islamist movements [The men who would form the Blue Unit and ALF in ZZ]

With the spare units sent from Side 3 to Africa, Rommel and his army of African recruits nearly push the Federation out of Africa by 0080. All is going well until Rommel and the Shaman of the other group he recruited discuss religion. Rommel accidently calls himself a Suni/Shia, the other guy is the opposite group. Shaman has most of Rommels loyalist beheaded and burned alive in retaliation while he is sleeping.

As a result, Rommel enters into Hit-and-run exile, the African Liberation Front begins to radicalize youths and older generations until 0088, when they rose again in mass.

Again, Novel canon, not show canon.
>>
>>15780499

>that file name
>>
>>15780720
> convinces them that Gihren Zabi is the reincarnation of Mohammad. While they doubt at first, after looking upon a bust of Gihren one of the Zeon commanders had, they started to believe.

And this right here us where you lost me. For one thing, reincarnation isn't a thing in Islam. (Muslim belief is that once a person dies, their soul remains in a kind of purgatory (barzakh) until all humans are resurrected on the Day of Judgement). Second, most Muslim sectsdon't look favorablyupon visual depictions of the Prophet. Busts especially would have unpleasant comparisons to idolatry, a definite no-no.

Really, Rommel going around spouting this stuff would more likely get him beheaded for blasphemy and a jihad declared AGAINST Zeon, not for it.
>>
>>15780913
>Second, most Muslim sectsdon't look favorablyupon visual depictions of the Prophet. Busts especially would have unpleasant comparisons to idolatry, a definite no-no.
Rommel was probably a Shia kuffar, innit
>>
>>15780984
Even Shia wouldn't fall for Rommel's bullshit. Maybe if Rommel claimed Gihren was the Mahdi he might have been able to sucker some of them, but the Prophet himself? Yeah, they would have beheaded Rommel's blaspheming ass too.
>>
>>15780913
>>15781037
The writers don't seem to be doing their research deep enough. Just look at that one ZZ episode where everyone prostrated on the street the moment the prayer call is heard. That's not how it worked.
Maybe they did heard something about end of days messiah prophecy and just assumed it's the prophet reincarnated while it should be Mahdi tag-teaming with Jesus.
>>
>>15780913
> For one thing, reincarnation isn't a thing in Islam.
I could be wrong, but is there not an Islamic tradition that another Messiah (Ahmad) will come at the beginning of the End Times, and that he'll be Mohammed born again?
>>
>>15781462
Nah, the Messiah is Jesus.

>>15781037
>not getting the reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kXIO7HcdX8
>>
I'm pretty sure in The Origin they a line of dialog about how desertification has rendered North Africa uninhabitable. Maybe they feel a sense of fellowship with spacenoid because the federation basically ingnores them too.
>>
>>15781462
Pretty sure Muslims don't believe in Massiahs
Jesus and Muhammad are both prophets but The Trinity is "blasphemous" for giving a man god status supposedly downplaying Allah
I don't know this for a fact but ive read something along those lines.
>>
File: 1502314865339.jpg (1MB, 1600x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1502314865339.jpg
1MB, 1600x1131px
Man every time someone brings up islam in gundam it tickles my jingles, the author did no research what so ever.

Firstly there is no way you could convince anyone but a druze or an gulat(over exaggerated) shia that Girhen is an reincarnation of Mohammed or the messiah.

Let's put down the
basics here.

Firstly Muslims believe in Jesus and that he was the messiah and performed great miracles the big difference is that we believe that Jesus didn't die on the cross but rather God transformed another in his(jesus's) likeness. While Jesus was raised to heaven were he will reside until the rise of the anti Christ
When he will return kill the anti Christ and rule earth for the rest of his life.

Secondly on the issue of race Mohammed said in his farewell speech "there is no difference between the white man and the black man and between the arab and the know Arab except in personal piety and fear of God" so the idea that some sect would go killz all da whites is fyckung retarded. That being said an actual conflict could be a dispute over if prayed in a space colony would be valid or not.( IRL hanfi say its fine to pray in space, just face towards earth, but I haven't heard from any other school) or perhaps the problem of hajj(travel to earth might be super expensive)

As for being the islamlic messiah, I assume that were talking about al madhi( the awaited) basically he the guy who prepares the way for Jesus. Thosands of people claim to be the madhi every year and a few get a following( such as ahmadi's and bahi) So maybe they could swing something there.

T. Islamic seminarian
>>
>>15782365
Thanks for the break down man. It was real interesting to learn.
>>
>>15782395
No prob bro
>>
>>15782365
>its fine to pray in space, just face towards earth
That's going to be annoying on a rotating space colony.
>>
>>15782944
Not if the colony is aligned toward the earth, you'd just face one end of the tube. That actually makes more sense that people just facing east, because people in North America are actually just directing their prayers out into space. You'd have to face downward to pray towards Mecca.
>>
YOU SPEAK ABOUT GIHREN ONE MORE TIME AND I YOU WILL TASTE MY SHOE
>>
>>15783130
Go back to /ro/undearth, nobody here believes your lies.
>>
>>15781432
>Maybe they did heard something about end of days messiah prophecy and just assumed it's the prophet reincarnated while it should be Mahdi tag-teaming with Jesus.

Given how Operation British only happened less than 4 months prior, which while the most of its damage was in Australia, little shards completely wiped out the East coast North America and almost everything in the Middle East. I could see the event leading to many of the local tribes in Africa becoming even edgier with Federation Forces starting to bolster military positions and massive mechanical soldiers from space starting to fight on the surface.

Given the time the novel [and even the show for that matter] came out, Islam was generally being seen in a much more surface layer view at the point, given the Iranian hostage crisis and other events being at the forefront of the public in those times.

Africa in general has been kind of an eternal wasteland and awful place to live, despite it being one of the most vital areas to the Earth Federations voting schemes to stay in power. I could see the general population signing on with Zeon, even if not for religious reasons, for the idea of getting out of that hellhole.
>>
>>15784152
tfw no comfy glemy faction bros composed of jihadis, ambitious spacenoid aristocrats and creepy lolicons
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.