[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interesting...Nips think that IBO S1 is better than IBO S2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: IBO.png (427KB, 636x450px) Image search: [Google]
IBO.png
427KB, 636x450px
Interesting...Nips think that IBO S1 is better than IBO S2

http://zip.2chan.net/2/res/1549020.htm
>>
>>15780342
Honestly not that surprising, Season one had really shitty pacing but it at least had a coherent story arc, Season 2 meanwhile, couldn't focus on one story arc to save it's life and instead seems like the writers were literally coming up with things as they went along.
>>
>>15780342
Don't we all?
>>
Not surprised. I never agree with anything Japan likes. Smhmyhead
>>
>>15780458
You must be meaning that you never agree with anything normies like. Japan has got nothing to do with it. Especially when in this case it even makes sense.
>>
>>15780342
Not surprising, S2 completely departed from the traditional gundam tropes and tried to be some wannabe crime/mafia/yakuza story.
>>
>>15780342
Not surprising at all since nips are a bunch of waifufags and all season 2 did was kill them off or make them pregnant and impure for them
>>
>>15780342
How? S1 was worse.
>>
>>15780372
>Season one had really shitty pacing but it at least had a coherent story arc, Season 2 meanwhile, couldn't focus on one story arc to save it's life and instead seems like the writers were literally coming up with things as they went along.

Fucking this. Although certain events that ruined s2 for me (things happening erratically just for story progression) had their foundation in the first season though.
>>
Silly white piggu, S1 had Barubaru-kun wield superior space katana folded 100000x, of course it is best.
>>
>>15780516
>completely departed from the traditional gundam tropes

This is the actual answer, look how much flak 00 S1 got in Japan for this exact reason and the aftereffects it had with S2. Japan loves their traditions a little too much sometimes.
>>
>>15780342
Does that mean Japan loves Kudelia as well?
>>
>S1
Getting Kudelia to earth was the endpoint. Stuff happens along the way, but the goal is reached and you get a somewhat happy ending
>S2
Tekkies are an acutal group now, fight other pmc, fight mobile armor, fight space mafia, put big chunk of resources in a failed coup, mika and guts die fighting, everyone goes into hiding, everything works out even better
>>
I haven't watched season 2 yet but I honestly didn't think season 1 was that bad. A bit slow at times but never out right terrible. I think your enjoyment of the show though really hinges on how you feel about the villain protagonists. I thought it was interesting and a departure from the norm personally.
>>
>>15780849
>villain protagonists.
Why do people who defend this garbage just so happen to be stupid themselves?
>>
>>15780870
Anon the tek kids cheer for murder and death at the end of season 1 anon. They're also linked to a criminal organization and generally terrible fucking people who have no problem just killing everything in their way regardless of consequences.
>>
>>15780870
>merribit tries to take the littlest kids away from the murder and mayhem
>no we have to see this
>yea let them see this
>YEA MURDER THEM ALL MIKAZUKI RIP AND TEAR

In a way they're not entirely to blame, they did what they thought they had to do to survive, even though by S2 they probably could've branched out into less dangerous, more legitimate businesses if Orga wasn't an idiot. But they're not exactly innocent either.
>>
>>15780877
>>15780885
Did you miss the entire goddamn story?

Tekkadan is made up of child soldiers, some of them have grown up but they were all child soldiers. Those kids were being put into battle right along side Mika operating a battle ship. They risked being boarded and in some cases were mobile suit pilots before the series ended.

Merribit was trying to shield them from the world they were living in. Either they saw what Mika had to do or they saw it next time Mika had to do it, or the time after, or after. These kids had no family, they had no options but to fight for Tekkadan. Merribit wasn't helping them, she was hurting them with her softness.
>>
>>15780925
>what Mika had to do
The whole point of the framing of that scene was that what Mika was doing was gratuitous and excessive, with even hardened fighters the Turbines being put out by his unprofessional savagery. Everyone pointed out how Carta didn't have a prayer anyway and were all cheerfully about to all gang up and take out her squad, then Mikazuki charges in by himself and brutally slaughters them, not because he had to (because he and the rest of their mobile suits could have taken them easily) but because he was throwing a temper tantrum over Biscuit dying and lying to himself about his motivations by claiming he was just doing it out of pragmatism.

Switching gears for a moment, was it just me, or did it feel (around the point of S1 ending, at least) like it was trying to portray the children becoming child soldiers in a positive light because of them 'taking responsibility for their futures' or having a profession or things to that effect? Because it seemed to me a bit like the series was advocating that child soldiers ought to just be left to be soldiers because they'll never amount to anything else, which would be a pretty fucked up and questionable message if true.
>>
>>15781294
>Switching gears for a moment, was it just me, or did it feel (around the point of S1 ending, at least) like it was trying to portray the children becoming child soldiers in a positive light because of them 'taking responsibility for their futures' or having a profession or things to that effect? Because it seemed to me a bit like the series was advocating that child soldiers ought to just be left to be soldiers because they'll never amount to anything else, which would be a pretty fucked up and questionable message if true.

From Tekkadan's perspective, it is a good thing. That's the biggest thing here, it's how they see it.

In the context of s1's ending, it's a fucked up happy ending with the kids having made it. But in the context of the entire story, it's really the moment where Tekkadan began going down the path of their own destruction with Orga taking every big risk he can for big payoffs, Tekkadan developing unquestioning obedience to him, them being willing to sacrifice themselves so their comrades can benefit, and the insistence they finish the job to honor their dead. S1s ending is Mikazuki poisoning Orga's leadership, Orga inadvertently indoctrinating his men while being now able to send them into the kinds of jobs Tekkadan was founded to keep them out of. It's the point where they learn violence can make them successful, and Orga still doesn't believe they are successful enough.

Child soldiers aren't just kids who are beaten and forced to fight. Some enlist to escape poverty or play hero, and a big danger to child soldiers is how easy it is to indoctrinate their developing minds. Child soldiers are known for being able to fight without fear of disability or death. It's all stuff we saw with Tekkadan, another face of the problem than slave soldiers. Tekkadan are child soldiers who believe in their cause and are willing to lay down their lives for it, IBO s1 is just the process of them being molded into such in their eyes.

My $0.02
>>
>>15780811
You are correct
>>
File: 61168401_p0.png (2MB, 1800x1327px) Image search: [Google]
61168401_p0.png
2MB, 1800x1327px
>>15780372
>Was enjoying S2 and was fairly optimistic about things up until the end of the Mobile Armour arc

>Dropped the ball so fucking hard for the 2nd half of S2.
>>
IBO is proof we need to tear up net neutrality.
>>
>>15780342
S1 is super boring with many really bad moments

S2 is bad moments with occasional promise just to be ground into the dirt even harder
>>
>>15781599
Christ go back to /pol, Net neutrality has jack all to do with IBO.
>>
File: 2015y12m12d_222940413.jpg (189KB, 1275x716px) Image search: [Google]
2015y12m12d_222940413.jpg
189KB, 1275x716px
骨に焼肉のたれ付けた程度のモノだぞ、それ
>>
>>15780342

First half or so of S2 is better than S1, but overall its second half was a total shitshow that dragged it down.
>>
File: ZAM.jpg (123KB, 350x448px) Image search: [Google]
ZAM.jpg
123KB, 350x448px
>>15781599
What a bizarre non-sequitur
>>
>>15781294
It's war, there is no such thing as professional behaviour, there is "I am alive" or "I am dead". How you get from A to B doesn't matter only that you get there.

Mika rushing in when they were preparing for a dual was the perfect counter to the bullshit they were trying to pull. They expected a duel, so Mika just sucker punched them and tore them apart.

Child soldiers having no other choice is a realistic message. It's the same as child prostitutes having no other choice in a lot of cases. You do what you have to do to survive. Tekkadan did the best it could with what it had, it supported a school, it tried to educate it's members in basic reading/writing while also teaching them useful skills they could use if they ever left Tekkadan (and got new identities).

What you're doing is applying real world current morality onto a completely different scenario. You're like one of those people saying 'violence is always wrong' never accounting for the fact that violence is the ultimate problem solver in many situations. Should a mentally ill guy with a sword rush you then violence is likely the only realistic answer in preventing yourself from ending up dead.

>>15781668
>Can't write a board name
>Doesn't know what /pol/ stands for
>Thinks everything is /pol/
>Doesn't know what /g/ stands for

Redditor confirmed. Them and /g/ are the only people who care about net neutrality
>>
>>15780372
>seems like the writers were literally coming up with things as they went along.
Because they were. Gealio's VA was a guest at last years Anime Expos where he said said exactly that. IBO S2 was written on the go, changes to the script were being made constantly and nothing was set in stone until it was animated. And it doesn't seem like it was something the staff wanted to hide considering they let one of their representatives talk about it freely on a large anime convention.
>>
>>15781294
>what Mika was doing was gratuitous and excessive
But it wasn't. He just disposed of the enemy as quickly and efficiently as possible. The guys who got stomped and smashed into the ground respectively didn't have long and painful deaths. Mika was just focused to clear the obstacles and get them to their destination as fast as possible, he wasn't torturing those guys or Carta. She was just whining and moaning for dramatic effect but what was suffering the most was her bloated noble's pride.
>>
>>15780811

This. same reason the fags on here hate it
>>
>>15780342

that's because all the nips want are fucking rehashes over rehashes
>>
>>15780877
>tek kids cheer for murder and death at the end of season 1 anon. They're also linked to a criminal organization and generally terrible fucking people who have no problem just killing everything in their way regardless of consequences.
Compared to everything Gjallarhorn did in just the first episode alone it's literally fucking nothing anon.
>>
>>15780342
I found S2 more entertaining, even if it shat the bed and is compared to be weaker to 1.
>>15781526
This, fuck I wanted more MA shit.
>>
>>15781294
You know what the true fucked up message S2 ended up with is? That the solution of the child soldier crisis is to kill and villainize all of them for posterity to prevent them from taking the example. But in all seriousness this show never gave a damn about having anything worthwhile to say about the subject. It's either just a gimmick or a device to force feed the audience with Nagai's questionable views.
>>
S2 had no direction and no good ideals. S1 was boring but at least I knew where the show was going and how it was getting there.
>>
>one guy replying to attention whore cunt OP and everyone else telling him to fuck off is "nips like IBO"
>>
>>15783175
2chan's mecha board is almost similar to /m/ but 3x slower and deader
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.