[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My fellow /M/anchildren. i bring news. a new mecha game is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: war fighters.jpg (68KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
war fighters.jpg
68KB, 600x337px
My fellow /M/anchildren. i bring news.

a new mecha game is releasing soon on steam. reminds me a lot of yee old gundam games, and is aptly intialed with "WTF".
it is sadly single player, but has giant roboty goodness. I seek /m/ commentary and opinions. im kinda starved for good mech games on steam so im doing my best here.
War Tech Fighters:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/630030/War_Tech_Fighters/

(image relevant)
>>
>have a slight interest in learning gamedev
>motived to make game because of mecha-shaped void in pc market
>seems like there's a new indie mecha game on steam every month that's basically all your ideas but already made
>>
>>15778462

Depends on whether they land their execution or crash and burn.

Think of those other games as your benchmark threshold to cross.
>>
>>15778262
>“We want War Tech Fighters to be the most engaging experience for mecha enthusiasts – and to do that, we need the community feedback to fine tune all the elements in the game.
Finally, a mech game that KNOWS ITS FUCKING AUDIENCE.
>>
>>15778262
looks clunky as fuck but has potential

canned animations everywhere, can look good in a hype trailer but stand a good chance of getting old after a few hours of gameplay
>>
>>15778262
>Early Access Game
And just like that you lost me. Sorry already got tricked 3 years ago with Nimbus. Not happening again.
>>
>>15779468
This, I wouldn't even throw money at Garrison Archangel if that went to early access.
>>
>>15779461
op here, similar thoughts. looks a bit crappy, but its being funded by Green Man Gaming, a relatively new group

im actually a game developer myself, and our game is about 4 months out from beta. game development is hard, super hard on a budget.
>>
>>15779461
I'm starved for new mech games, I'll take it.
>>
File: pootis base concept.jpg (60KB, 987x598px) Image search: [Google]
pootis base concept.jpg
60KB, 987x598px
>>15779597

we just finished the design for our new USSR Premier: Pootis, a character in the game. Probably looks familiar to some of you

im paying 30 dollars per concept character, but the completed sheets is about 10x that once we get everything done, and the artist is discounting for us.
>>
>another generic unimaginative mech action game

gonna flop
>>
>>15779461
I like to think that canned animation means they're focusing on the core gameplay.
>>
The voice acting is pretty canned and bad, and the animations look on the barebones side. Beyond that, they have a lot of the right ideas, from the mecha actually using their arms and legs in melee, to pulling out their swords to cut ships and other mecha to pieces and so on.

I get the feeling that this is going to be one of those games where we say "this could have been awesome if" and then forget about it since the execution fell short. I want it to succeed, but I've been burned numerous times hoping for success.

I'm also sort of concerned about the customization part of it, I just hope that it isn't going to be microtransaction-backed where you have to pay money (or, gods forbid, unlock a crate with RNG contents) to get access to paints and parts.
>>
>>15778262

we have a thread. Also fuck that title. And fuck you.
>>
>>15781003
always a pleasure to hang out with the /m/an children. mind pointing me to the thread?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.