[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Staff are pushing to reboot Origin version of OYW in 2019 fo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

File: DHJOUE8VoAAOG8K.jpg (55KB, 639x511px) Image search: [Google]
DHJOUE8VoAAOG8K.jpg
55KB, 639x511px
Staff are pushing to reboot Origin version of OYW in 2019 for the 40th anniversary
https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20170814-00000006-dal-ent
>>
Please God no
>>
The big question is: Can YAS survive?
>>
>>15777344
He's doing jack shit in the Origin as it is, so I think he'll be fine.
>>
Well, given the choice of a "The Origin" style reboot vs a "For the Barrel" scenario... The Origin isn't all that bad. The thing is, how do you do The Origin without Hirotaka Suzuoki?
>>
>more OYW UC

who is still watching that stuff?
>>
I only ask for
>Yas to have a more prominent director role

and

>no CG. Please no CG.
Imanishi's gone forever and they don't need to pursue that meme anymore. Hire BONES and XEBEC staff for the 0079 retelling if Sunrise is somehow lacking in 2D mecha animators. The mobile suits need to be as detailed and weighty as they are and feel in the manga with all the markings, battle damage they suffer, etc etc.
>>
>>15777367
(゜︵゜)ノ
>>
>>15777361
Is that a serious question? Of course they'll go with the same VA from Unicorn. Who is pretty damn close to Suzuoki anyway. I wouldn't have noticed the change if I didn't know Suzuoki was dead.
>>
File: Journey to Jaburo manga.png (297KB, 503x778px) Image search: [Google]
Journey to Jaburo manga.png
297KB, 503x778px
The Origin is the best version of the OYW.
>>
Why is everyone against?
>>
Well, at least now nobody will be able to complain about the crappy animation quality. Now they'll be able to complain about the crappy CGI.

Really all I want is a widescreen remake of the 0079 trilogy. If they give me that at bare minimum I'll be okay with it. Probably won't replace my love for the original series.
>>
>>15777525
because amuro dies at the hands of some nobody in a dom.
>>
>>15777629
Those are the novels you retard.
>>
>>15777592
the cgi is fucking fine for what it is, better than many other shows, that is a fact.
>>
all Origin haters please K.Y.S.
>>
The worst parts of Origin were all of the Char shit, and that's already all out of the way.
>>
>>15777633
No.
>>
>>15777211
It's literally the best move they could make for the franchise. It's such an easy way to suck in new fans, especially with the 2020 Olympics putting a global spotlight on Japan.

They can do HG Origin kits for non MSD shit, MGs too. It's such an easy cow to milk and the fans want it.

>but muh AUs
With the money this will bring in AU's will be a guarantee
>>
They should get Isao Sasaki to do the OP.
>>
>>15777211
translate it weebs
>>
File: o-DAVID-ATTENBOROUGH-facebook.jpg (399KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-DAVID-ATTENBOROUGH-facebook.jpg
399KB, 2000x1000px
>>15777344
This based gramp is 91 years old and he's still kicking
>>
>>15777523
That totally messes up the pacing of the story, there a lot of build up to jaburo, and the orign just crudely tacks it all on later.
>>
>>15777211
bandai basically already let it out at that USA con
>>
>>15777592
Takashi Imanishi was a mistake. I bet that if they could afford CGI more back in the day, 0083's second half would have been full of it.
>>
>>15777211
>a reboot of a reboot
what?
>>
>>15777523
why canada is all desert?
>>
>Lets rewrite it so Zeon dindu nuffin and they win over the ebil Federation
>and the White Base betrays the Federation like the Archangel in SEED
>>
>>15777372

>Yas to have a more prominent director role

Not gonna happen. Man left anime behind a long time ago and has happily lived the mangaka life ever since.
>>
>>15777592
>>15777633
>>15778673

https://youtu.be/D32reoeJtos

Reminder that what you see in Origin OVA is not the best Sunrise's CG staff can do. An anniversary, theatrical trilogy would want for nothing in terms of budget and scheduling.

Obvious disclaimer: linked video is less than a minute so of course it looks better.
>>
>>15777211
>reboot Origin version of OYW in 2019
No thanks
>>
File: 1469072424021-1.jpg (468KB, 1539x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1469072424021-1.jpg
468KB, 1539x1125px
>>15777523
Not gonna fight you there.

>>15778637
True, but Origin's version of Odessa was better than the TV show, so it's an acceptable trade-off.
>>
>>15777367
Omg Char! I love Char!
>>
>>15778688
Did you really miss a crucial part of 0079's and maybe ZZ's world building?
>>
>>15778700
>Archangel in SEED
I haven't read/watched The Origin but the Three Ship Alliance in SEED was by far one of the better arcs
>>
>>15778167
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>15777633
I don't like the choreography in Origin, the mobile suits move in a flashy manner that kinda makes them look more advanced than they were during the OYW.
>>
>>15777367
I never made it to episode 2, the amout of Char dicksucking is crazy.
>pilots a guncannon as a kid
I don't even want to see what they do to make him look godlike after that.
It's like a drawn out chuck norris joke.
>>
>>15779053
I didn't like it, it became the standard in Gundam for the "3rd position" where they were collectively good and everyone else was morally grey.
>>
>>15778734
Honestly I just want them to make Origin reboot for the main story look like the flashback in Unicorn. That section looked so good.
>>
>>15779053
Origin didn't do any of that so I don't know why people are acting like they're going to. All Origin did really was give White Base more people, a bunch of GMs for the space section, and rearrange the Earth section so that White Base doesn't go on a full retard trip around the world to get from the US to Brazil.
>>
>>15777211
I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW THE ORIGINAL RX-78-2 GUNDAM
>>
>>15779246
I always found the amount of Char dicksucking in general to be ridiculous, because every encounter with Amuro after the first results in his ass being handed to him.
>>
File: IMG_5714.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5714.gif
2MB, 360x270px
Yas your chance to get this fixed
>>
>>15779710
Char status: BTFO
>>
>>15777211

at this rate they will even reboot G and wing and say that Domon was the 1st user of the Butterfly of Turn-A

and that Duo Maxwell really is the Avatar of The Horseman of Death in Gundam

also that Ideon Caused the Crisis of Gundam Earths
>>
>>15777749
Someone asked who the new main character of the next few volumes were going to be at Otakon, Sumizawa said something along the lines of, "Still Char, kind of." There was also something about Dozle being the shadow protagonist.
>>
>>15779053
It completely misses the point of MSG's subtext, which is that even though Zeon(*cough*Japan) had some noble soldiers and a respectable core ideal of seeking liberty, they were still altogether monsters that knocked off about half the human race in a disastrous and, most of all, unnecessary war. There's no "on many sides" bullshit here, even if Sunrise has spent 2+ decades trying to turn the Federation into a cackling villain.
>>
>>15778700
>>and the White Base betrays the Federation like the Archangel in SEED

Tomino novel 3.
While it's less a betrayal, its more of a "Fuck this shit. We're out."
>>
>>15777523
The Origin straight up turns New Mexico and Mexico into EFF territory to make it work. Pretty sure all of North America was zeek territory in the show.

While we're at it the films totally fucks up the series of events and the climates they visit basically don't even make sense in the order they're shown
>>
>>15780120
Amuro straight up says the Federation brass are the enemy. Given, the White Base doesn't give two shits about him and then they kill the Zabis and go out to party in hot tubs and shit
>>
>>15777211
the white devil won't be hyper spoopy where its constantly distorting and shit
>more char dick suck: the series, now with ruined original series.
fuck.
>>
People want to see more of Char because he was a charismatic man who showed promise prior to the emergence of NewTypes.
>>
>>15780091
>even if Sunrise has spent 2+ decades trying to turn the Federation into a cackling villain.
They haven't really. The Federation's just douchey and corrupt, which goes back as far as 1985.
>>
>>15779244
No more flashy than, say, 0080, 0083, or MS IgLoo.

It's really just fancy camerawork mixed with the CGI that makes things look crazy fast, when in fact there is not a single moment where a mobile suit is more agile than we've ever seen them being.
>>
I hope they would make Odessa look like Odessa.
>>
>>15777796
This. People won't have the muh shitty 70's animation excuse to stop them from getting invested into early uc
>>
>>15778700
So they won't have to rewrite anything
>>
As long as the mobile suits aren't done like the Origin OVAs.
>>
>>15780934
>a UC where everything is as irl accurate as Kennedy Space Center in Zeta
I WANT TO BELIEVE
>>
File: Gundam Moscow 1993.jpg (198KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam Moscow 1993.jpg
198KB, 1280x720px
>>15781488
Sunrise have pulled this trick once in Akito by showing Hermitage in Peterburg and views of Slonim in Belarus. Also they had something looking like White House of Moscow in 00
I can't wait to see this trick once more.
>>
>>15779254
That's only happened in Unicorn and SEED
>>
>>15777211

Wait, they are remaking the Origin movies? Or remaking the TV series in the style of Origin (which I thought Origin was anyways)?

>>vs a "For the Barrel" scenario

That would be awesome though.
>>
>>15781289
>People won't have the muh shitty 70's animation excuse to stop them from getting invested into early uc
Instead we'll have people complaining about the PS2 CG animation and how the story is the same thing as Code Geass.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.