[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that EG is gone, who will do the BDs for us plebs? ht

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

File: 0080.jpg (167KB, 640x824px) Image search: [Google]
0080.jpg
167KB, 640x824px
So now that EG is gone, who will do the BDs for us plebs? http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/04/22-1/mobile-suit-gundam-0080-war-in-the-pocket-gets-first-blu-ray-release-in-august
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (193KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
193KB, 1920x1080px
I'll keep waiting for that G Gundam BD box 2.
>>
>>15776508
Just wait a year for the official US release.
>>
>>15776508
>The upcoming two-disc Blu-ray edition is HD remastered and scanned in 4K from the original films.

If this looks fantastic then I don't think [EG] will be able to help himself, it's just 6 episodes after all.
>>
Is he open to commissions?
>>
>>15776508
>the best Gundam entry won't get the treatment it deserves
It hurts
>>
Dude cmon now, he's gonna keep coming back and back

Seriously, dont worry, it's coming.
>>
https://rxmastering.wordpress.com

He wrote up this little guide a while ago, gonna leave it here in case anyone wants to follow in his footsteps
>>
>>15776527
You're never gonna get it.

>>15776599
I see your point, but if anything, that's just more of a reason for someone to read >>15783049. It is just six episodes after all.
>>
It'll get an english release in a few years anyway so whatever.
>>
>>15783482
RX you fagget finish G Gundam already
>>
>>15783482
>For When I Am Gone, You Will Realize How Little I Knew
We knew.
>>
>>15783482
Dude I'm begging you - please PLEASE do 0080. It's my favorite anime of all time and I want to see it looking glorious. It's the final piece of classic UC Gundam that hasn't been preserved in HD, please do it as one last finishing touch.
>>
>>15783743
If you love it so much just buy it
>>
File: kamille is a girls name.gif (870KB, 360x272px) Image search: [Google]
kamille is a girls name.gif
870KB, 360x272px
>>15783743
>It's the final piece of classic UC Gundam that hasn't been preserved in HD

SD Gundam shorts still haven't gotten the BD treatment though.
>>
>>15783755
But then they'd be HD Gundam shorts.
>>
>>15783753
It's not just for my benefit though. The [EG] encodes have done so much for the health of the western mecha fanbase.

It's great to have this one identifiable group of high quality encodes that you can just point newcomers towards and say "get all of them", it makes it so easy to introduce people to Gundam.
>>
File: we came here for you.jpg (258KB, 632x483px) Image search: [Google]
we came here for you.jpg
258KB, 632x483px
>>15783759
Good point
>>
File: OZC does Turn A Gundam.gif (582KB, 400x287px) Image search: [Google]
OZC does Turn A Gundam.gif
582KB, 400x287px
>>15783763
What are you smoking? Everyone just grabs OZC's shit encodes or just streams them on some shady russian site.
>>
>>15780875
Destiny will be fine
>>
>>15783763
Newfag here looking to get into gundam, is there anywhere in particular that you could direct me to, that has all of [EG] Gundam releases?

I can't find them on nyaa or tosho.
Are they compiled somewhere?
>>
>>15783790
>Newfag here
I'm guessing you don't have a BakaBT or AnimeBytes account then? If not you're in trouble thanks to Nyaa going down and BakaBT turning into a private site.
>>
>>15783779
Is OZC really so bad? I'm a tokufag and I don't know any better.
>>
>>15783805
Don't get OZC for any pre-2000 material. He scrubs the grain off the image which results in heavy loss of detail. His release of G-Reco is fine though, best way to watch the show.
>>
>>15783049
If it comes down to it I could do an encode using his "quick" x264 settings, since I have neither the eye nor expertise to apply any avisynth filters, but I'd still have the find the raws somewhere.
>>
>>15783482
Ideon v2 when?
>>
>>15783482
>It is just six episodes after all.
Cheeky
>>
>>15783819
OZC Zeta Gundam was fine.
>>
Just wait a year?

As great as the EG work was, a lot of it is kinda redundant with how good the Righstuf deal has been.

It's telling that so many still seek out torrents after begging for almost a decade for a new release.
>>
>>15783482

You put in all these years of work in and are just gonna stop short of 100%? It's the final piece of UC. Once it's done, retirement wouldn't be a choice anymore. You will stand at the peak of the 80s video editing mountain.

>inb4 someone says "but muh X", "but muh G", etc.
>>
I just want someone to re encode EG's stuff for us drivelets
>>
>>15784494
>wanting physical media
>2017

Point at him and laugh.

Disks are on the way out and will be gone in a decade.
>>
>>15783797
are these invite based?

can I get an invite?
>>
>>15784497
Literally impossible until new, more magical codecs come about.
>>
>>15784500
Would rather support the company getting it out there in excellent quality than downloading shitty fansubs and rips, this isnt 2006 anymore and unlike you, there are fans who aren't broke.

Got the DVD for WinP, can't wait for the BDs to be released stateside
>>
>>15784568
im about that too. hefty price tag is gonna stall my purchase for a bit, though.
>>
>>15776508
If EG won't do it maybe I will. It is just six episodes after all.
>>
>>15784508
>are these invite based?
You can supposedly get in to BakaBT by going into their IRC channel and talking to them. They're working on an invite system but it's not done yet. They closed the site down to the public after copyright claims from some western distributor.

AnimeBytes is a full-on private tracker and always has been. You used to be able to get in by filling out an application form but I think they've removed that now. There is an invite system but I don't have any and even if I did I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to give them out to strangers on public message boards.
>>
>>15784508
Honestly I think you ought to be able to get most [EG] stuff from Nyaa anyway, some of the torrents on Bakabt, like the ZZ one, are outdated.

https://nyaa.si/?f=0&c=0_0&q=%5Beg%5D+gundam

That should have everything he's done, don't be put off when some of them are shown as having 0 seeds, they usually do have some.
If you can't find a series just add more keywords to the search in addition to "[eg]" and "gundam".

The only pre-2000s series he hasn't done is Gundam X (https://nyaa.si/view/199006) and the second half of G Gundam in Blu-ray (which you can find with this torrent https://nyaa.si/view/930277).
>>
>>15784508
>>15784831
And then for the non-EG, post-2000s series you'll probably need to get a BakaBt account for the SEED HD remaster or the regular DVD version if you want, but you should probably be able get the SEED Destiny remaster here : https://nyaa.si/view/644434

Then for Gundam 00 you can use OZC's releases
Season 1: https://nyaa.si/view/110842
Season 2: https://nyaa.si/view/194321
Movie (not OZC): https://nyaa.si/view/183741

Someone did rather poor quality encodes of the entirety of Gundam Age in BD a while but only uploaded them to MEGA but they're all gone now, but another group started on doing them and are up to episode 10 so far: https://nyaa.si/view/926614
[sage] did sub the entire series when it was airing but the only batch is on bakabt, unfortunately.
The same goes for Build Fighters, only BD batch is on bakaBt, with only Try's BD batch on nyaa: https://nyaa.si/view/933764
Then there's Unicorn: https://nyaa.si/view/927427
And OZC also did G-Reco in BD: https://nyaa.si/view/882052
Then IBO only has the first season completely in BD: https://nyaa.si/view/864229

If there's anything I missed, you could probably find it yourself, but this should be all the main series in the "highest" quality.
>>
>>15784860
Raws for IBO S2 exist too- on mobile, so I don't have a link on hand. It shouldn't be too hard to do a timeshift for the Horriblesubs rips.
>>
>>15784908
Yeah I've seen them out there, I just don't have the patience or dedication to do that.
>>
>>15783790
You can get some on nyaa and some here https://pastebin.com/SdJ3rbn4
>>
>>15784494
Why would you want the US BD? The JP BD will be better quality, so I would rather want that encoded instead of a US one
>>
I still stream because no one outside of /a/utists is going to shitpost you into oblivion otherwise.
>>
>>15783482
I will give you my left nut if you encode this
>>
>>15785000
That's nice but some of us actually value the artistry of anime.
>>
>>15785028
Oh, I still seek out non-shit versions of my favorites. I just don't habitually torrent.
>>
>>15784860
>>15783763
There are encodes of the Gundam Age BD in the nyaa takedown thread's pastebin.

Along with
X, Seed DVD & Remaster, Destiny DVD & remaster and OZC's G-Reco

And EG's BD encodes of
F91, 0083, 0079 Movie Trilogy, Wing and Turn A
>>
>>15783482

You said you would come back for 0080. You said you would man. ;_;

Naaaw jokes aside I obviously hope you do to polish off the entire cell animated era of Gundam (Seriously, the whole sucker is yours. That's insane.) but if you don't, only ungrateful asses would do anything but thank you for what you've already done.
>>
Sooo... ah. What's the status on G? I'd forgotten all about it to be frank.

Is EG just taking his time? Did he do half and realize he just doesn't have it in him anymore? All respect to him no matter what, I just don't know what's up.
>>
>>15785470
>There are encodes of the Gundam Age BD in the nyaa takedown thread's pastebin.
But those are obviously rather garbage so I'd rather not recommend them.
>>
>>15791760
EG did the first half and stopped, read this thread and you'll see he saying he will not finish. There is other group that did the entire series in BD.
>>
Anyone got a link to the Zeta V2 batch?
>>
>>15792262
https://mega.nz/#F!PIgFmAqQ!O6fbQUc8E0Ae5s-F1-OQyw
>>
>>15792091
Those and DHD's release might be the only options, considering that the group that was redoing the AGE BD's with sage's subs hasn't had an update on anything since May.
>>
>>15776508
xPearse
>>
>>15784860
Are IBO BDs even worth it though?
>>
Look at all this whiners trying to guilt EG into working for them. Absolutely pathetic. No one ever truly appreciates the time and energy people put into subbing. They'll say thank you and pretend like they care, but they'll never stop bothering to do more and more for free. Fucking entitled leeches.
>>
>>15795846
>>15795846
He already has the subs. All he has to do is run the BD raws through his encoding software in the background and then it's done.
>>
>>15795853
It's a bit more involved than that.I still understand RX being burnt out and I'm truly thankful for his work. But he also did the best work and you can't help feeling a little sad he's no longer giving his time and skills to these new disks. Perfectly reasonable of him to stop though and he's got my gratitude for doing so much.
>>
>>15795853
So why don't YOU do it? No matter how much RX does, people are always going to say
>come on, just this one more thing pleeeease come on do it
>>
>>15795874
Why don't you do it?
>>
File: encoding Gundam bluray.jpg (34KB, 420x336px) Image search: [Google]
encoding Gundam bluray.jpg
34KB, 420x336px
>>
>>15795945
Because you're a whiny bitch.
>>
>>15795997
I didn't whine at all. You're the one moaning and bitching.
>>
>>15795797
>xPearse
>>
>>15795945
I'm not the one begging RX about it.

>>15796008
He's not even me, retardo.
>>
>>15795874
>So why don't YOU do it?
I've never heard THIS argument before.

I don't see why you're pretending you care about the "time and energy" he put into it if you're just going to belittle his work like that.

We should have no obligation to be thankful to him for using his expertise in encoding and hardware to give us the highest quality encodes, the closest it gets to the original source material, because ANYONE can do that. Right? Whiners like me can do it, what makes RX whining about "wahhhh I dont want to do it anymore i'm a grown up and adult now wahhh i'm too lazy" any different?
>>
>>15796322
Stop whining and begging when someone won't do something for free for you, leecher.
>>
>>15796322
Considering he made a step by step guide detailing his long process so any retard can do it, yeah, whiners like you CAN do it, you fucking faggot. RX has detailed why he can't do it anymore, get off your lazy high horse and grow up.
>>
I'm literally too old to be doing this anymore, that's mostly what it comes down to. Putting aside the fact that I'm not really even that interested in Gundam or anime in general anymore, I have adult matters that take up my time, and mean a lot more to me.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to come off as a grumpy old man, but I spent 10 - nearly 11 - whole years on EG, which is insane, because I'm only 28 now. It's a bit upsetting that no one else really wants to bother, but on the other hand, the reality is that Western Gundam availability has never been better, and if I were to come back, it would just be making Rightstuf's job more difficult. G-Gundam has already been announced for 2018, so it's almost pointless for me to bother. The fact that in the wake of Nyaa's demise, the EG releases were suddenly threatened, really illustrates how insignificant the whole endeavor was in the grand scheme of things.

I've explained myself before. I spent years on encoding these shows for what? I should have gone out, taken up more hobbies, met new people, had crazy adventures. Between getting a srsbsns career, making incredible friends, and doing a lot of drugs, I've grown a lot as a person, and no longer wish to do this. The only reason I don't regret it outright is because, while it consumed an enormous portion of my time, it did actually contribute to my career in film/television indirectly. I also can't pretend I didn't enjoy the exercise it provided me in living out the dream job of restoring old films; that is in fact what I would love to do, but it's not easy to break into.

Anyway, I'm sorry for venting guys, but it's absolutely for real this time, and you should all understand why.
>>
File: 1498002760325-1.jpg (37KB, 460x660px) Image search: [Google]
1498002760325-1.jpg
37KB, 460x660px
>>15796626
Best of luck in the future, man, thanks for all you've done for us.
>>
>>15796626
It may not seem like much, but your work really has been appreciated by a lot of people. As someone who's just a bit younger than you, I can completely understand where you're coming from.

Again, thanks a lot for your time and work.
>>
It's really disgusting how entitled people are about pirated anime. If they were paying it would be one thing, but come on.
>>
>>15796626
Thanks for everything you've done. You've raised the level of quality seen in anime encoding and laid out a blueprint for how to do it, so someone else can always step up to the plate. I think 21st century Gundam fans are in for a rude awakening realizing that they'll have to pay for their anime watching habits.
>>
>>15796668
/m/ has been a shithole of whiny children for years now. It's not the same place it was 10 years ago when these kind of encodes were loved by the community. Most of the people bitching just stream everything on shitty free streaming sites. Same people that complain about Crunchyroll rips not coming out sooner.
>>
>>15796626
coolblog.com
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.