[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This show is fucking great, why did you guys tricked me saying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: dragonar.jpg (54KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
dragonar.jpg
54KB, 960x720px
This show is fucking great, why did you guys tricked me saying it's shit?

Never going to listen /m/ again.
>>
>Chads : The Anime
>>
>>15775841
I always say it's good.
>>
File: congratulations.gif (557KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
congratulations.gif
557KB, 500x341px
>>15775841
>Never going to listen /m/ again
Well congratulations, you win the solid-gold kewpie doll.
>>
>/m/ says _____ about show _____ but it's actually _____

Why is shit posting so lazy?
>>
>>15775843
Chads are the superior race
>>
>>15775843
the virgin grunt robot VS. THE CHAD PROTAGONIST MECHA
>>
>>15775841
Perhaps you lucked out and it was an Evafags shitposting day. Dunno.
>>
What gundam is this?
>>
>>15776979
>What gundam is this?

The Gundam that never existed.
>>
>>15775841
>This show is fucking great, why did you guys tricked me saying it's shit?

Dude, /m/ suffers from Gundam myopia. You do not want to ask /m/ for an opinion about a show that is not Gundam.

I wouldn't say that Dragonar is great, it's kinda good but hampered by atrocious animation.
Think Dancouga at its worst. Now multiply by 40+ episodes and you get Dragonar.
It's a pity because the story, the setting, the characters, the music is all good. But the animation just kills it (except for the fabulous opening and ending sequences).
>>
>>15775841
Some people have better taste.

>>15775843
>this meme
>again
>>
>>15777011
Didn't Obari also did some uncredited animation for ep 46. I know he drew/animated the 1st opening.
>>
>>15775841
It's still not fully subbed outside of HKs, right? The dudes who were doing it stopped at 15 a couple of years ago iirc.
>>
The OP is amazing but misleading. After watching the first 10 episodes and being bored to tears I had to stop. Dunno if later gets better but what I saw was so bad I didn't feel like keep going.
>>
>>15777011
>You do not want to ask /m/ for an opinion about a show that is not Gundam.
Actually, I'd rather not ask /m/ for an opinion about Gundam, either.
>>
>>15775841
Where I can watch this with proper subtitles?
>>
>>15778087
How fluent is your Italian?
>>
>>15775841
Every show has its haters. Stop believing what neckbearded randomers have to say from behind a curtain of anonymity.
>>
File: a2P8Lp9_700b.jpg (62KB, 477x700px) Image search: [Google]
a2P8Lp9_700b.jpg
62KB, 477x700px
>>15775841
I think its because its just more or less Gundam, but with more Tomino quirkiness and less memorable fight scenes. The only good side is no Tomino newtype quirkiness.

The mech designs are kinda dopey, which is a shame because I thought we would be getting Obari style mechs from its OP.

Its a shame, because it was produced because Sunrise thought it would be great replacement for Gundam since Gundam might have franchise fatigue at that time, but they just have to give it to FUCKING Tomino, of all the directors they can give it to. I mean, why not Takahashi or perhaps Imagawa when he's restrained by a dog leash
>>
What's Tomino's involvement in this show? Wiki, MAL, and so on don't list him in its staff.
>>
>>15778206
>but they just have to give it to FUCKING Tomino, of all the directors they can give it to.
Are you retarded or just plain slow. Tomino had no participation in Metal Armor Dragonar you idiot. So your random sperg of autism was only good for a small laugh
>>15778283
Don't get fooled by the anon above you. He had zero involvement with Dragonar
>>
File: THISISFUCKINGAWESOME.jpg (23KB, 469x356px) Image search: [Google]
THISISFUCKINGAWESOME.jpg
23KB, 469x356px
>>15778206
>I think its because its just more or less Gundam, but with more Tomino quirkiness and less memorable fight scenes

Speak for yourself.
>>
>>15775841
Why does this thing look like a Gundam?
>>
>>15778990
IIRC Sunrise wanted Dragonar to be the successor of the Gundam franchise and Kunio Okawara (mecha designer of Gundam) designed Dragonar (D1)
>>
>>15778320
>>15778307
Yeah, it's more Kanda shenanigans than anything, since he does like his relatively grounded approach to mecha military and occasional dirty humor (e.g. see anytime a male pops a boner for a love interest).

Also, randomly inserting thugs to capitalize on Fist of the North Star even though the setting is too different to accomodate those.
>>
>>15775911
Because it still gets replies.
>>
How bad are the HK subs exactly? Is it at least understandable?
>>
>>15779914
Watching them is like being trapped in the Netherlands
>>
>>15777011
Did anyone say fabulous opening?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItCMX3A1qaE#action=share
>>
>>15783309
I know Obari drew/animated the first opening, but did he do animation work on episode 46 of Dragonar?
>>
>>15783336
I have no clue, I just found out this existed today thanks to an anon that posted it on my Tekkaman post here >>15782801
>>
>>15783344
Just looking at Okawara's orginal version of the D-1 (Dragonar) and Obari's version of it feels so diffrerent side by side.
>>
>>15777011
How bad is the animation compared to, say, Tekkaman Blade that I've been watching these days?
>>
>>15783355
Tekkaman is a master fucking piece of artstyle and animation compared to dragonar animation
>>
>>15783353
This is an image board anon, please illustrate, since I have no clue about Dragonar I actually want to see more of what you're talking about.
>>15783383
Is it so bad I shouldn't watch it then? I remember Gundam Wing was a chore for me, is this on equal terms maybe?
>>
>>15783399
>I remember Gundam Wing was a chore for me, is this on equal terms maybe?
its actually more bearable than gundam wing.
why dont you just try to randomly watch one episode on some streaming site and see if you like it
>>
File: dragonar-op-changed.jpg (177KB, 1440x1050px) Image search: [Google]
dragonar-op-changed.jpg
177KB, 1440x1050px
>>15783399
Left is the original version drawn by Obari and the redone version on the right is following the Okawara model/version.
>>
File: dragonars.jpg (39KB, 1021x285px) Image search: [Google]
dragonars.jpg
39KB, 1021x285px
>>15783413
Another image comparison
>>
>>15783409
I watched an aircraft carrier launch sequence and it looked a bit better that what I was lead to believe. I will watch a full ep tomorrow and let you know my thoughts on it.
>>15783413
>>15783435
Now I get why I saw a supposed OP comparison in YouTube, it was the original vs the downgraded redone version. God this looks awful now. The redone head basically looks like a SDF Macross helmet now
>>
>>15775841
What's taking those retards at msubs so long to sub this series?
>>
>>15783413
>changes the two near the front
>doesn't change the one in the rear.
Not even the redo is consistent with itself.
>>
>>15778206
>>15777866
It's more or less Gundam but Char LITERALLY did nothing wrong and halfway through the show they kick Amuro into a corner so that Char can be the real main character who does all the cool shit while Amuro is a useless bitch.

Also by Amuro I mean Shin and by Char I mean Kira.
>>
>>15775841
>Listening to /m/
>Ever
Learned that the hard way in my first year.
>>
>>15775841
>>15785153
>I'm just here to say that all you guys suck
The special snowflakes mum didn't give a shit about
>>
>>15785249
can you british tards stop putting shit like "mum" on every asinine internet quip you type up? We get it, you're a little UK twink, but hey why stop at "mum", huh? why not just translate your entire inbred dialect into human-speech? Maybe if you crank it up and roleplay some more as a pub-dwelling potbellied bareknuckle boxer, we'll all get scared and back down from an argument with you. idiot.
>>
>>15785415
First off, that's mostly Americans using it.

Second, get that shit off /m/.

Third, learn to speak English.
>>
>>15785415
OBSESSED
B
S
E
S
S
E
D
>>
>>15785415
You know, for a nation that loves to masturbate about it's superiority, you do seem rather triggered by the UK. The only reasons I can imagine you would be so obsessed with Britain and English dialects would be either that you're a socipathic bully who loves to revel in domination or you're crippled by an underlying inferiority complex. Either way, grow up, will you?
>>
>>15785415
Do I really sound British to you anon? :3
>>
>>15784042
>What's taking those retards at msubs so long to sub this series?

You fuck, if msubs timetable is not to your convenience just translate the damn show yourself.
Or fucking learn Italian or Japanese.
>>
>>15784042
Just watch Gundam SEED, it's a remake of Dragonar garnished with Fukuda's dried semen.
>>
>>15788737
Not him but I think you sound like a cute 10 yr old Japanese girl.
>>
>>15784042
I've been very busy recently, and even though I've got some free time, it's also hard to find translators. Things kept coming up for Gorgewall, so I managed to find a new Italian translator, but Sky and Starseeker (the Japanese checkers) are busy with their own stuff and it's generous enough of them to even spend a little bit of time on Dragonar with everything else they have on their plates. Still, hopefully we can make a bit more progress soon...
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.