[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This movie would have a lot better if it just focused in Amuro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

This movie would have a lot better if it just focused in Amuro and Char rivalry, yet they put two shitty annoying kids getting in the way of everything and acting as plot devices.
>>
>>15768957
Quess was meant to get in the way and be annoying. She was a Gundam otaku, flitting from person to person, with fickle opinions on the series (switching from, "Amuro kakkoii" to, "Char kakkoii" for no reason other than circumstance), no appreciation for what it's all really about and incapable of taking things seriously. CCA was Tomino raging against weebs. If you didn't like it, you're probably the sort of person Tomino wanted to annoy.
>>
REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>15768957
>shitty annoying kids
Now you see why (Gundam) otakus are shit
>>
>>15768972
It's still shit
>>
>>15768957
Every Tomino work has to have kids in it. That's his philosophy as a creator- to give kids someone they can connect to. The man has stated multiple times that he intends to educate the Japanese youth in all his works. He hates having to rely on nostalgia from old-timers.
>>
>>15768985
No doubt. But it's a different tier of shit. It's shit with a purpose. Kind of like Eva, where you can't stand the characters, but at least you know someone's worked hard to make it unpleasant to watch.
>>
>>15768994
I know, but these kids are just annoying and they don't make very good role models.
>>
>>15769003

They're not supposed to be. Hathaway and Quess are supposed to be people you avoid the actions and mistakes of, not emulate.
>>
>>15768973
I don't remember that skirt being so short..
>>
Chan deserved better
>>
>>15769260
She was always a filthy whore
>>
>>15769270
Shut the fuck up, Hathaway.
>>
>>15768957
I like the the shity kids, because they give you perspective on the new generation. the movie is a master piece.
>>
>>15769573
Don't be mad because your waifu is an annoying cunt
>>
>>15769268
>tfw you realize Amuro impregnated Beltorchika then dumped her for Chan
Impressive.
>>
>>15771286
Chan is cuter and less of an annoying bitch, so he did good.
>>
>>15771286
Should've been Sayla. No greater victory than fucking your enemy's sister, killing him, then killing yourself to leave said sister a single mother
>>
>>15771361
That's the way.
>>
>>15771286
My head canon is that Amuro fucked ton of chick's and had like ten illegitimate children from multiple women.
>>
>>15771601

Your head canon is that he's a deadbeat dad?
>>
>>15772591
>Your head canon is that he's a deadbeat dad?
>deadbeat
The second-half part is unecessary really...
>>
I figure this is the best place to post, is there a legal place to stream the original trilogy? I can't find it anywhere that isn't physical copies.
>>
Nanai deserves more screentime
>>
The only good part from this movie.
>>
>Amuro survived but became severely injured. Making him unable to pilot a gundam for more than an hour at a time.
>He opened up a piloting academy to train up the next generation of pilots to fight the space crazy.
>One day he meets a young boy, born without autism, but still randomly jumping into the driver's seat of abandoned vehicles.
>So moved by this boy's eagerness, he tells him he too can be a great pilot, and deems him worthy to inherit his combat drive.
>>
>>15773946
What are you talking about?
>>
>>15774454
My Hero Academia reference
>>
>>15768972
I've read so many different analyses on Quess' character and they're all fucking different. Every last one is some different asspull to smooth over the fact that she's an awful waste of space in a poorly paced mess of a movie.
>>
>>15772807
Nyaa
>>
>>15773946
Jamil pls
>>
What would have happened if Char sucedded on dropping Axis on Earth?
Considering that in G Reco and Turn A humanity hasn't changed shut, I am starting to believe that maybe it would have been the best idea.
>>
>>15776695

Humanity had been living in space for centuries in both and just wanted to go back to living on Earth, so I doubt it. The people in space had less war, but were generally rather arrogant and dismissive of Earth people as savages, while starting a war with them. They hadn't evolved or changed socially in any way. If anything they regressed and were quite isolated and protectionist. They don't prove Char right on any front.
>>
File: 123412341256345.gif (2MB, 680x471px) Image search: [Google]
123412341256345.gif
2MB, 680x471px
>>15773794
the moment where the best character in the franchise dies

truly kino
>>
File: 409568304586938457.jpg (28KB, 455x452px) Image search: [Google]
409568304586938457.jpg
28KB, 455x452px
>>15776918
literally this

Amuro is the fucking shit

A little prick who grows into a responsible and mature human being, apart from being the best motherfucking gundam pilot in the entire Gundam universe

To top that he literally pushes an asteroid back into space when it was already entering earth's atmosphere

literally the Terminator of gundam
>>
>>15777112
>To top that he literally pushes an asteroid back into space when it was already entering earth's atmosphere

WHILE BEING DEAD
>>
>>15777112
Agree, m8.
My dream is to die pushing an asteroid out of Earth with muh psychic powers.
>>
>>15777453
it really sucks that humanity never acknowledged the fact that they where saved by his sacrifice
>>
>>15777112
Amuro Forever, my hero.
>>
>>15777546

Most people never knew so how would they acknowledge it? Bright and a few Londo Bell pilots were really all that knew. Which is fine frankly. Amuro didn't save the world for the acknowledgement of doing so; he did it because he believed it the right course of action.
>>
>>15777112
I ended up realizing that Amuro is actually my favorite character too, its just something that kind of hit me suddenly. I think it might be because in a series with a ton of overly emotional idealists Amuro ended up being refreshingly sober and down to earth but that's just my guess.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170728-021928.jpg (184KB, 765x602px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170728-021928.jpg
184KB, 765x602px
>>15778969
He was definitely the most badass
>mfw "the Nu-Gundam isn't just for show!"
>>
>>15778969
His idea of not forcing humanity to grow and let it learn by itself will forever ring in my mind, i find a lot of meaning in many of his most memorable quotes
>>
>>15780339
That and him supporting his argument by talking about how so many idealists and "revolutionary's" throughout history become cynical and disillusioned with their views with age and how ineffectual these attempts to force humanity actually are in the grand scheme of history. Amuro should write a book on history or politics or something.
>>
>>15768957
The kids are meant as self-insert to appeal to a younger generation. You have to remember that CCA was released about a decade after the original show and takes place about 13-14 years after 0079. Quess and Gyunei were included to be more relatable for the younger crowd.
>>
>>15782441
The only good explaination
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.