[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Just finished pic related Know nothing about mecha but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: eoe.jpg (1020KB, 2616x2626px) Image search: [Google]
eoe.jpg
1020KB, 2616x2626px
>Just finished pic related
Know nothing about mecha but I need more of it
>>
Start with Mazinger and Getter Robo, and work your way forward through time.
>>
File: 189467546189.jpg (76KB, 650x397px) Image search: [Google]
189467546189.jpg
76KB, 650x397px
>>15767758
If you don't mind older anime, you can check out Robotechâ„¢.
>>
Gundam 0079, it's far better than that dreck.
>>
You're not going to fine much that's all that similar to Evangelion in really any respect. Especially since most of what stands out about EoE isn't related to the giant robots really.

Try Patlabor though. I just recently got into it after rewatching Evangelion and like it a lot. Watch the Early Days OVA, then the first two movies, then read the manga (which is unfinished in English) or watch the anime. It's got a similar ratio of character stuff to robot fights as Evangelion I think.
>>
>mecha shows that are similar to Evangelion
RahXephon and Fafner, both are absolute must watches to be completely honest. Outside of that nothing is as character drama based as EVA.

>>15767788
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting Anon
>>
If you liked EVA watch Fafner.
You should watch Fafner anyway.
>>
>>15767758
Look for Anno's influences, it should be easy to find on /m/.
>>
>>15767758
>Know nothing about mecha but I need more of it

So you want to start your mecha culture by watching Evangelion ? Lol lol lol lol lol lol. Oh man, I can't stop laughing.
Dude, unless you're a maniacal depressive shitheat go watch something else. Anything else mecha is better than Evangelion.
>>
File: IBO.png (427KB, 636x450px) Image search: [Google]
IBO.png
427KB, 636x450px
>>15767758
If want themes like this:
>"There's no pure evil and there's no pure good in this world. The good and evil just a matter of perspective."

Then, Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans is right up your alley.
>>
>>15767758
Watch Rebuild now I guess. They take place right after EoE.

To understand this you'd need to read/watch Anno's influences like Devilman, Ultraman, Godzilla and that's all I can recall right now. Oh after watching Rebuild check out Eva Anima. It's bat shit crazy but Rebuild uses concepts from it. Same goes for the other Eva manga series
>>
>>15768270
>Recommending IBO to someone that just watched NGE.
>Recommending IBO at all
>>
>>15767758
Go watch Gunbuster, in line with NGE's narrative and closer to the beginnings of the mech genre, suoer robots. Go read Getter Robo afterwards, Gundam is the Japanese star wars, overrated
>>
>>15768289
Why is IBO bad?
>>
>>15768270
Uh what? IBO and Eva have nothing in common. At least recommend a good Gundam show
>>
>>15768293
Why is water wet? Go back to fucking /a/
>>
Try Ideon and Turn A Gundam. Both are better than Eva, once you get to the last third of ideon/the entirety of be invoked.
>>
>>15767758
You're SOL because EoE isn't mecha. Although you could try some Tomino shows since that's what Anno ripped off. The one most like Eva is Ideon and Brain Powerd.
>>
Hey there, OP.

A lot of what you are going to get in this thread are shitposting answers. I dont like that, so Im going to give you my honest help.

To do that, I need you to tell me what was it about Eva you liked. The Mecha genre can go in a lot of different directions, so if I can get a better idea of your tastes I can give you a better rundown of shows to try out.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.