[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think of Saint Seiya? Some of the armours are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12

File: b5qoiumgbtstn3r2e68f.jpg (116KB, 560x792px) Image search: [Google]
b5qoiumgbtstn3r2e68f.jpg
116KB, 560x792px
What does /m/ think of Saint Seiya? Some of the armours are kinda /m/.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lY8FXf6mQM
>>
Los guardianes del uuuuuniverso, al triunfar el maaaaaal
>>
>>15763552
>Los guardianes del uuuuuniverso
Guardians? I thought they were knights.
>>
will we ever get saint seiya vs b't x?

was hoping they would've been the adversaries (or copies based on them) in omega (but they that kinda invalidates the end of s2).
>>
So far, Seiya's only been good in manga form. I haven't read all of it, but I enjoyed what I read immensely. The songs from the eighties show are also pretty cool. Toei has an opportunity to do it right here. Their CG can actually be impressive when there's budget, and given that this is a Netflix deal, it may turn out to be some of the best stuff Toei's put out in years if the writing is up to snuff. I believe the Netflix show is set to adapt the first three arcs.
>>
File: Metal_Kirin_by_irzaqi.jpg (137KB, 547x742px) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Kirin_by_irzaqi.jpg
137KB, 547x742px
>>15763744
>b't x
I love that one
>>
>>15763776
>The first three arcs
I thought it was going to be a movie or a spinoff. Now I'm actually kinda interested
>>
>>15763782
how do you think they would introduce b't x's characters into saint seiya?

some crazy ass kido scientist think steel saints don't need transforming armor? just bitching rides?
>>
>>15763787
>The CG remake will be titled Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya.
>The first season will consist of 12 half-hour episodes, which will cover the first four arcs of the original series.
>Yoshiharu Ashino, director of D. Gray Man Hallow, is set to direct the new series.

Here's the source: https://www.polygon.com/2017/8/2/16083760/80s-anime-saint-seiya-remake-netflix-knights-zodiac
>>
>>15763550
It's not /m/, period. Just because you don't want to talk about it on /a/, does not make it /m/.
>>
>>15763798
The Steel Saints armor are power armor. Considering we've had Naruto threads based on a mechanical creature that appeared in a one off manga, it's more than /m/ enough to discuss it.
>>
>>15763845
You can discuss the steel saints, not the entire franchise. You don't see boruto threads because of that one mechanical creature do you?
>>
>>15763879
I se Garo and Godzilla threads
>>
>>15763879
Not all of Gundam is /m/ either which means you're not allowed to talk about the politics or the characters which aren't /m/.
>>
File: ronin-warriors-1400.jpg (62KB, 387x550px) Image search: [Google]
ronin-warriors-1400.jpg
62KB, 387x550px
>>15763845
I'd almost put it in a similar strain to toku, but animated. Like precure but for Latin Americans.

I always thought the series was alright but the fact that Latin American latched to it so tightly always confused me. Like why that instead of Mystic Knights or Ronin Warriors (pic related).
>>
>>15764372
Because Toku and Kaiju were deemed an exception. Saint Seiya is a run of the mill anime and the (((American))) remake is just another run of the mill remake. Stop shitting up the board you faggots. At least those magicalgirlfags only discuss the ones that actually have MCs that wear power armor and make mecha references.
>>
>>15763845
Yes, three literal whos that don't even get acknowledged past a few appearances can make an entier show /m/. You're certainly correct.

>>15764372
That's because toku is /m/, you retard.
>>
>>15764531
>toku is /m/
found the retard
>>
>>15764530
>Kaiju
That was never the case.

Kaiju is not /m/, full stop.
>>
Gundam Barbados stole of of their head pieces and used it as a v-fin.
>>
File: 1452225917396.jpg (29KB, 805x219px) Image search: [Google]
1452225917396.jpg
29KB, 805x219px
>>15764536
Kaiju are toku, and toku is /m/.

>>15764533
Then you go and try to convince japmoot and the mods that they're wrong.
>>
File: tumblr_my2yqq9AcL1rvobogo6_500.jpg (134KB, 500x685px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_my2yqq9AcL1rvobogo6_500.jpg
134KB, 500x685px
>>15763744
>>15763790
Kurumada Suikoden: Hero of Heroes

>>15763776
How far have you read? some stuff could be better but I agree the manga is good, it's really fun to read, the characters are really likeable and memorable. It also has plenty of plot twists and foreshadowing albeit not as much as nowadays stories but especially for a manga so old when nobody gave a shit about any sort of consistency or stuff like that back then.
>>
>>15764509
>but the fact that Latin American latched to it so tightly always confused me. Like why that instead of Mystic Knights or Ronin Warriors

You're making no sense. You're talking like latin americans are the only ones that go crazy over this when it's retardedly popular in all of asia and southern europe(also some eastern europe countries).

You're basically saying why isn't every samurai manga as popular as Kenshin or Vagabond
>>
>>15764546
>toku is /m/
Yeah they're wrong. I know you're going to bring that old dumb post from a decade ago but that was said in a different context.

Kamen Rider and Super Sentai are /m/, because they feature mechanical elements, not because they're live action with special effects you goddamn retarded fuck.
>>
>>15764559
>but that was said in a different context
And by different context, the mods were banning people who were railing against Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, not Godzilla.

Godzilla is not /m/echa and doesn't belong here. That shit goes to /tv/.
>>
>>15764570
Good god, you're thick. The entire context is in that very screenshot. The mod says 'toku stays on /m/'. Sure, that doesn't have the same meaning as 'toku is /m/' but it doesn't need to. The phrase states that ALL toku threads go here whether you like it or not.

No matter how you look at it, you've been told what the rule is and you're just being a whiny cunt. Get over it, Godzilla goes here. It doesn't need to 'be /m/', it's been decreed.
>>
>>15764741
The mod is retarded and the rules don't say anything about Toku. Global rules override dumb mod rulings.

/m/ is for mecha. Go back to tv.
>>
>>15764509
Anon its popular all around the world since along with being another battle shounen they had the zodiac constellations that people could indetify with
>>
>>15764741
By that token, saint seiya is /m/ because it had an upcoming live action adaptation, making it toku

>decreed
Nobody gives a shit especially when it's a retarded ruling which makes zero sense.
>>
/m/ encompasses any and all of the following, in order:

Giant piloted robots
Any-sized robots in general
Tokusatsu
Powered armor
Cyborgs and cybernetic enhancements
Nanomachines
Automated drones, attack drones
Giant monsters
Spaceships and space-related technology
Space travel and aliens
Space operas
Military hardware, in particular vehicles
Futuristic dystopias pertaining to any/all of the above
Video games pertaining to any/all of the above
Plastic merchandise pertaining to any/all of the above
Magical girls

Anybody who disagrees with any of the above can go and fuck themselves.
>>
>>15764843
Ok so that means saint seiya is allowed then. Power armour and tokusatsu.
>>
>>15764856
You don't seem to understand what either of those things are.
>>
>>15764867
I do, you don't.
>>
>>15764867
Armours in Saint Seiya run on cosmos energy, the same way Getter Robo runs on Getter energy.

Second, Saint Seiya is an upcoming live action movie, which outs it in the tokusatsu camp, meaning anything that is live, and has special effects is tokusatsu. That's the definition of it.
>>
>>15764887
Which puts it*
>>
>>15764887
>anything that is live, and has special effects
Uhh, wouldn't that mean most live action movies are /m/? Like Harry Potter for example?
>>
>>15764887
>Love Live is about a group working together, just like Super Sentai! That makes it /m/!
Literally what you sound like. Getter Robo is /m/ because of the giant robots, not because of Getter Rays.

And once that live action movie actually does come out, then you can start talking about it here. Until then, take that shit to /a/.
>>
>>15764917
Harry Potter is western tokusatsu
>>
>>15763552
Sin dudarlo salen a combatir por un mundo ideaaaaal
>>
>>15764932
So what you're saying is that you should not talk about the upcoming Karen Rider because it's not out yet.

Lol fuck off. Your logic makes 0 sense.
>>
>>15764932
And Saint Seiya is /m/ because of power armour and not because of cosmos.

Holy shit you're one stupid motherfucker.
>>
>>15764550
I finished the original manga, haven't really kept up with any of the extra material. It's been ages since I read it, too. I was still in high school when the last few volumes were dropping.
>>
File: hell, it's about time.webm (3MB, 846x360px) Image search: [Google]
hell, it's about time.webm
3MB, 846x360px
>>15764988
>because of power armour
Again, you don't seem to actually understand what power armor is. You fucking retard.
>>
>>15764999
Oh really? Then why don't you explain what power armour is. Then we can have a laugh at your selective definition of power armour.
>>
>>15764999
Here I just googled a definition of power armour.

"Power Armour is a science fiction concept of armor which increases the strength, speed, and reflexes of those who wear it."

Literally Saint Seiya. Nothing about power armour says about it being mechanical or even tech based. This is all up to the author to decide that.
>>
>>15764999
Why are the suit-up/strip-down scenes with power armor (and their cousins) the coolest scenes of then all? Is this the fabled /m/ kino?
>>
I am reading the original at the moment, I am at vol 7 I guess.
>>
>>15765012
Let's start with "not reliant on magic." That seems like an easy hurdle to clear.

>>15765032
Key phrase here being "science fiction." You're understanding the concept wrong if you think Saint Seiya qualifies as science fiction.
>>
File: 155914.jpg (57KB, 222x350px) Image search: [Google]
155914.jpg
57KB, 222x350px
>>15765284

That's not the original manga, that's just an adaptation of the anime using screencaps.
>>
>>15768815
Is the original worth reading, or should I watch the anime? English tankobons are pretty cheap second hand, and I've wanted to into it for a while.
>>
>>15765284
>>15768815
An adaptation of a movie, on top of that.
>>
File: Seiya macho.jpg (35KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
Seiya macho.jpg
35KB, 576x432px
>>15764550
>Kurumada Suikoden: Hero of Heroes
>From the mangaka of Loveless
I wonder how Kurumada feel about female mangakas working on his manly mangas. Yeah, they look pretty gay but they're manly in the same way Spartans and samurais were manly. The buttfucking only make them manlier.
>>
>>15768834
Read the manga. The anime's only worthwhile for the music.
>>
>>15764813
>entire franchise is toku because it has one toku entry
No, that is stupid.
>>
>>15764509
Because Saint Seiya came first. Samurai Troopers aired here too, but it was just seen as a pale ripoff of Saint Seiya.
>>
>>15770156
This is a dumb question, but did Sunrise using the "five male member team" in Gundam Wing, Dagwon, and Chouja Reideen was influenced by Saint Seiya and Samurai Troopers?
>>
>>15770241
The timeline doesn't match perfectly, but I'd say so. Even up to Victory, Bandai's general attitude was that more than one hero Gundam devalued the brand, which is why in Victory only one Victory was actually allowed to have a Gundam head at a time.

Then suddenly they start pushing 5 man casts that are marketed as a five boy band. The timeline doesn't match well though since both Saint Seiya and Samurai Troopers had already ended by 1990, Shurato, another similar series, had ended its tv run too, but had a few OVAs going into 1992.

There could be another successful show in Japan with a similar protagonist cast that I'm overlooking though, but I can't think about anything right now.
>>
I wonder how Saint Seiya or a new spin-off of it would be if it had the Heisei Kamen Rider styled form-changing i.e Kuuga.
>>
>>15768912
lost canvas is decent
saintia sho should be renamed GOLD SAINT WANKERY TO MAX FOR FUJOS: THE MANGA
>>
>>15770476
>Lost Canvas
>not GOLD SAINT WANKERY TO MAX FOR FUJOS: THE MANGA
>>
>>15763550
Is is garbage
>>
>>15765304
>not reliant on magic
This just brings us back to Getter Rays. Getter is a giant robot reliant on getter rays and Saint Seiya is powered armor reliant on cosmos. Saint Seiya is /m/. Deal with it and gtfo
>>
>>15772051
Not that guy. It doesn't matter if you want to put Getter Rays at the same level as cosmos, because Getter Robo is a robot. Magical robots are okay, because they cover the /m/ aspect in the most basic way. Saint's Clothes don't have any mechanism besides the Object assembly gimmick. Then again, thinking about it, said gimmick could warrant /m/ discussion, but given how it's just a tiny detail of the whole show, it'd be hard to call the series itself /m/.
>>
File: 3 - 0YqjFDj.jpg (2MB, 1751x1400px) Image search: [Google]
3 - 0YqjFDj.jpg
2MB, 1751x1400px
>>15771688

And yet mysteriously no one complaining about Episode G or Episode G.Assassin, if you don't like the idea of dealing with entire manga series filled with Gold Saints.

Funny that.
>>
>>15774732
It's because no one reads this shit.
>>
>>15764550
who are the other two?
>>
Powered Armor by default definition involves an EXTERNAL power source to facilitate the enhancements, not an internal mystic source coming from the wearer. Kaiju is still more /m/ than Saint Seiya considering things like Mecha-Gidorah and other things like Kiryuu.

The closest /m/ has to cosmos equivalent is Dunbine or Brain Powerd, but those have actual MECHA, and have a supplementary power source when the pilot isn't in the seat.
>>
>>15764981
Caaaaballeros del Zodiaaaco
>>
>>15776861
cuaaaaaaaaando lanzan su ata-a-que
>>
>>15769203
And Tohru's acting.
And Shingo Araki's designs.
And a few cool animated episodes (specially Shaka and Saga).

The problem with the anime is mostly the "anime is catching up to the manga, let's make up shit" syndrome from that era. But there's not a lot of filler if you skip the Asgard part completely.
>>
>>15770476
Fuck, SSho is for fujos? I thought I'd get nice lesbian innuendos out of it. My dick was ready for the anime.
>>
>>15775064
Well, the steel Saints from the anime had technological armor, so they qualify.
>>
>>15777005
Why did Tohru Furuya not voice Seiya on the Hades Chapter Inferno and Elysion parts of the series/OVA?
>>
>>15777024

They decided to replace most of the rest of the cast and he left in protest.
>>
>>15777108
IIRC, Hirotaka Suzoki (Shiryu's seiyuu), also passed away due cancer and Ryo Horikawa couldn't be able to voice Shun as well as he did in the 80s.
>>
>>15777172
He died two years later. And, yes, the explanation is that the VAs couldn't really do their old voices, aside from Furuya, but it was a still a very controversial move since VA changes like that when the VAs are still active is generally avoided in Japan.
>>
>>15777015
Which is all the general opinion of /m/ will allow you. Discussion of the Steel Saints and the underlying tech, nothing more.
>>
>>15777349
Same for Kaiju then.

And in that case, you shouldn't be talking bout non mecha stuff in gundam. Keep the board pure.
>>
File: Pegasus Cloth.jpg (149KB, 975x749px) Image search: [Google]
Pegasus Cloth.jpg
149KB, 975x749px
Pegasus Cloth
>Light blue color scheme in the manga
>Is now white/silver and Seiya having a red undersuit in the anime adaptation
I never understood this color transition when the manga got its anime adapation.
>>
File: CDZ V16 Mang 31016.jpg (255KB, 950x757px) Image search: [Google]
CDZ V16 Mang 31016.jpg
255KB, 950x757px
Finished Poseidon arc today and it was better than sanctuary.

Sanctuary is over rated as fuck.
>>
>>15777415
Because red means hero.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.