[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We all know this remains the best Gundam series by far, but what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: v.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
v.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
We all know this remains the best Gundam series by far, but what exactly sets it apart from the rest?
>>
It was ok, really predictable, especially the deaths.
All in all, it was nothing special but fun at least. I liked it better than Unicorn and 8th Ms.
The last few episodes were great though.
>>
I unironically love Victory for the combat. It violates nearly every other gundam rule/trope when it comes to grunt performance, gundam damage, and creativity. This is mostly because of the modular system and mass produced gundam, but it still makes it entertaining to watch.

It also has a great orchestral soundtrack and fluent animation despite the "no shading" complaints. (And there is much more shading in the latter half, and those shots often look very good).
>>
>>15765014
I thought it was just me, the animation actually got better as the show went on.
>>
>>15765014
Speaking of shading, IIRC G, Wing, and the Yuusha/Brave series also had plenty/numerous scenes of "no shading".
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GYB1neCEic
This scene
>>
>>15765024
Most of 90s anime had that, dunno why. Maybe it was some new animating technic.
>>
File: nn5jeb.png (46KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
nn5jeb.png
46KB, 320x240px
It's the only Tomino Gundam that doesn't shit on old people
>>
>>15763538
It was like Zeta without having suffer through 0079.
>>
>>15765072
*To suffer
>suffer
Pathetic
>>
>>15763538
Victory and 00 are the franchise's most objective metric when judging quality.

Every other show falls on either side of the excellent-to-garbage spectrum but these two stand firmly on the "good" or "decent enough to not be meh" watershed line.
>>
>>15765085
I would add 8th and Igloo (since some people hate it)
>>
>>15765014
It was literally the first Gundam show not to liberally abuse stock footage. For that, it more than deserves a pass on the lack of shading. The characters were also miles above what we got in Zeta, ZZ and CCA.

For what was supposed to be the darkest work ever made by Evil Tomino, it was still rather uplifting in its theme and especially in its ending.
>>
>>15765101
>It was literally the first Gundam show not to liberally abuse stock footage.
*Zoloat flies by and flares its eyes at u*
>>
>>15765101
It's not the darkest, that's Ideon.
>>
>>15763538
it shows how doomed the world is when feminism wins
>>
>>15765101
>darkest work ever made by evil tomino
Both Ideon and Zambot are darker.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.