[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo addresses Amiibo content-gating, Hard Mode can be unlocked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: Sakamoto confirmed Prime fanboy.png (595KB, 1295x593px) Image search: [Google]
Sakamoto confirmed Prime fanboy.png
595KB, 1295x593px
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/nintendo-addresses-the-metroid-samus-returns-amiibo-controversy

>USGamer: "Here's the lowdown of what Nintendo told USgamer. When I asked Nintendo representatives at the preview event if hard mode was locked behind amiibos, they were clear to make the distinction. "Fusion Mode," they corrected me. Yes, Fusion Mode—which will give players access to Samus' Fusion Suit as well as a more challenging difficulty in the game—is indeed locked behind the Metroid amiibo. This content will not be offered as a separate DLC in Nintendo's digital eShop. However, there will be a standard hard mode that will be unlockable once players complete the game on regular difficulty. This mode, which is confusingly separate from the Fusion Mode's harder difficulty, is said to be harder than the standard difficulty but not as hard as that found in Fusion Mode."
thoughts?

also, let's have a decent /m/etroid thread.
>>
>Samus Prime: "Who are you?"
>Samus Returns: "I'm you, but shinier."
>>
File: salvaging.png (471KB, 920x613px) Image search: [Google]
salvaging.png
471KB, 920x613px
leave Metroid sales to me
>>
>>15762488
>MercurySteam

I'm sorry but I can't get over this.
>>
>>15762533
They make decent sidescrolling castlevania lord of shadow for 3DS
>>
>>15762533
>MercuryStream

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>15762533
please don't compare the supervision Konami offered to MS for Mirror of Fate with Nintendo's involvement with Samus Returns
>>
>Memercury Steam

JUST
>>
>>15762553
>>15762557
Go back to /v/
>>
>>15762603
This is what you all get for allowing toku threads on /v/.
>>
>>15762677
blame Ex-Aid and all the Shin Danposters leaking to /v/
>>
>>15762697
Happened way before Ex-Aid aired. The /v/ leakage probably started around Fourze.
>>
>>15762711

Around W iirc
>>
>>15762546
>Decent
>Lords of Shadow
>>
>>15762488
Did you come to shitpost here too? Why are you /v/erming such faggots?
>>
im excited as shit for this game. i hope i can find a samus figma at ota this weekend
>>
>>15762488
Ok, but what about the concept art and sound test for the other Amiibos? Metroid is my favorite video game series, but Nintendo seems intent of running it into the ground. Samus Returns looks like an attempt to print money with the least amount of effort put into it. It looks nothing like M2 at all outside of the basic gameplay structure, and the gameplay itself looks super casualized.
>>
This is why I fucking hate the Metroid fandom.
>>
>>15762533
>a bunch of incompetent ex-Turok devs in Texas

I'm sorry but I can't get over this.
>>
>>15762520
That looks like a bland sticker or a generic faceplate that ends up on discount because nobody wants it
>>
>>15762488
>physical, limited stock keys for on-disc DLC
For being so hesitant to start having DLC, Nintendo sure was quick to adopt some of the worst practices. I want to support the Metroid series returning, but they sure aren't making it easy.
>>
>>15763450
Well, Nintendo said years ago that, if they started doing DLC, they'd do it in a different way because they're always trying to innovate. Nobody said innovation had to be favourable to the consumer.
>>
I'm just really skeptical about the whole thing. I want to be excited, but knowing who's working on it and considering Nintendo's track record with the series lately, I can't help but feel something is going to go wrong.
>>
>>15763450
>hesitant

They were never hesitant, remember the E-Reader? GBA link cable? Pokemon Red/Blue versions? Nintendo just didn't have the proper methods to institute DLC from the modern standpoint.
>>
>>15763675
>link cable and Pokemon
Those are just multiplayer aspects. There's a difference between having a few different creatures in two otherwise identical games and, say, carving one game up into three parts and selling them as separate games.
>>
Nintendo a shit. It could've been a love letter to a franchise several fans wanted to return to its 2D roots, but instead is just a cheapass excuse to jew people out of their money and to use it as excuse to sell their shitty toys.
>>
>explicitly say hard mode is not unlockable without amiibo
>backpedal after people are justifiably pissed
They have no fucking clue what they're doing, and when this game tanks like the last two, they're going to can Metroid. I wouldn't be shocked if Prime 4 didn't do well either.
>>
>>15763743
What about TLOZ oracle games??
>>
>>15763450
>on-disc DLC

I remember when /v/ coined this oxymoron of a statement, and it still baffles me people don't think it sounds stupid to describe something ALREADY ON THE PHYSICAL MEDIA THE GAME IS WRITTEN TO as SOMETHING YOU DOWNLOAD FROM SOME SEPARATE SERVICE TO EXPAND UPON THE CONTENT OF THE BASE GAME.

Yes I know the grievance is in the idea that something on the game you purchased is not available to you without a further investment, but unless the amiibo triggers a connection to the Nintendo eShop and downloads data that patches in content that wasn't there to begin with, it's not remotely close to DLC.

That said it's a shameless means of shilling figurines, and the supply/demand dynamic for some lines is pretty fucked up. I'm holding onto a Fire Emblem Echoes Alm and Celica pack unopened because I expect FE Warriors to do really REALLY dumb shit to the Fire Emblem amiibo economy, myself.

Really, the way IS supports FE amiibo is a double edged sword, you're guaranteed to get value out of your investment but you're likely to compete against a ton of people trying to get their hands on those figures for the same reasons. Or, at least that was the case a few years ago, haven't paid much attention to see if things mellowed out yet, but still FE Warriors has me concerned about stuff.
>>
>>15763743
I meant the GBA to GCN link cable, used to lock out content in numerous games.
>>
>>15763801
Those were actually condensed. They were originally planning to make three Oracle games.
>>
File: Out!.gif (471KB, 474x379px)
Out!.gif
471KB, 474x379px
>>15763357
>>15762793
>>>/v/
>>
>>15763811
Imagine being so far in the autism spectrum that you'd get this triggered over a little figure of speech.
>>
File: Dobson samefags on twitter.png (19KB, 591x171px) Image search: [Google]
Dobson samefags on twitter.png
19KB, 591x171px
>>15763428
go to sleep Dobson
>>
>>15763868
The joke flew over your head, bro
>>
>>15763743
Eventmons are proto DLC though. Actually worse than that.

>>15763811
On a related note
>never played nor cared about FE before this July
>brother buys me echoes
>like it a lot
>check DLCs
>to get everything (and nothing is really that interesting) you have to pretty much pay the full game price again

Also
>check Alm and Celica amiibos in my country
>costs more than buying the previous 2 3DS games
these things are weird.
>>
>>15764091
If Alm and Celica are that hiked in price now I don't want to know where you live, because here in the States they still have the gall to sell Awakening at MSRP.
>>
File: Fleet Admiral Howard.png (4MB, 2204x2232px) Image search: [Google]
Fleet Admiral Howard.png
4MB, 2204x2232px
>>15764061
better explain it before i colony drop your Zebesian ass
>>
File: 353 (1).jpg (33KB, 400x300px)
353 (1).jpg
33KB, 400x300px
>>15763829
>>
File: ritual of the nig.png (106KB, 425x394px) Image search: [Google]
ritual of the nig.png
106KB, 425x394px
>>15764420
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.