[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is Metal Setsuna F. Seiei who pilots the ELS Qan[T] Flower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 11

File: Metal Setsuna.jpg (46KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Metal Setsuna.jpg
46KB, 640x360px
This is Metal Setsuna F. Seiei who pilots the ELS Qan[T] Flower Assimilation Model.

Say something nice about him.
>>
File: setsuna pantsu.jpg (48KB, 550x785px) Image search: [Google]
setsuna pantsu.jpg
48KB, 550x785px
>>15761861
Jihan John is A-OK
>>
>>15761861
I didn't watch his movie because I heard it was autism and would ruin his character.
>>
>>15761873
I don't know why people dislike the movie so much, other than the central conflict being kind of strange.
>>
>>15761861
He has very pretty hair.
>>
>>15761877
Didn't it introduce Ayy Lmaos into the Gundam metaverse?
>>
>>15762100
>Beamspam
>actually doing something new

Those two things alone are enough for edgy UCfag 08th MStards to harbor an irrational hatred towards it.
>>
>>15761877
It just felt pointless. When I watched it I just felt like I would have felt better if I just didn't.
>>
>>15761861
War Setsuna > Metal Setsuna
>>
File: .37.jpg (106KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
.37.jpg
106KB, 1600x900px
>>15761861

So ELSetsuna is basically a shiny corpse, right? He couldn't have lived that long after his FTL jump into the ELS homeworld without food or water or oxygen.

His lifeless body is basically being sock puppeted by the ELS hivemind.
>>
>>15761861
Still the best post-2000 Gundam protagonist. And still /ourboy/ to this very day.

>>15762149
Beamspam in 00 movie was both beautiful and actually justified.
>>
>>15762373
He's a gundam alien sock puppet now.
>>
>>15762373
Well the ELS have already been taught by that point that being assimilated sucks if you're a human, so it's fair to assume that they preserved Setsuna's consciousness for him.
>>
>>15762373
And hey, his waifu is finally a living organism now.
>>
>>15762568
I thought he became his wife-รบ.
>>
>>15761873
While the quality of the movie is of course subject to personal taste I don't see how it ruined his character.
>>
>>15761861
He is finally Gundam.
>>
>>15762164
This. I can't even say why it was bad. I don't even have a problem with aliens in Gundam, and these aliens were kind of interesting. It just seemed that something crucial was missing from the movie, and when it was over I felt like I'd wasted my time.
>>
>>15761873
It fixes season 2's existence.
>>15762100
Into the 00 universe and only the 00 universe.
>>
>>15761861
He killed his parents to become a child soldier terrorist
>>
>>15763285
He did it for god. What are two more people killed in his name?
>>
>>15763246
>Into the 00 universe and only the 00 universe.
Which is still part of the Metaverse given Turn A.
>>
>>15763346
But according to Tomino Turn A takes place exactly 500 years after MSG and 500 years before G-Reco. The metaverse is a lie.
>>
>>15763346
Except 00 cannot lead into Turn A without the universe itself ending, tech has progressed in a completely different way and outside of the blackhole reactor everything else is a downgrade to 00 suits.

I really wish people would fucking stop trying to force that dumb single universe bullshit, it makes no fucking sense
>>
>>15762482

He wouldn't have visited Marina first upon coming back to Earth if he didn't still have his own consciousness, since she'd mean nothing to the ELS.
>>
>>15763463
>it makes no fucking sense
You mean like 00 in general?
>>
File: c82[1].jpg (70KB, 1280x722px) Image search: [Google]
c82[1].jpg
70KB, 1280x722px
>>15763481
What if...

>ELS Setsuna went back to Earth to stage another alien invasion? With their strongest Gundam not there anymore and humanity is not suspicious of ELS they can start up another full scale invasion. And this time, they will win...
>>
>>15763533

> They start an invasion by visiting a pacifist and hugging her

Those dastardly bastards!
>>
>>15762100
Ayy Lmaos were part of 00 since the first episode when Schuenberg was speaking of the "Dialogs to come"
>>
>>15761873
It literally was the perfect conclusion to his character and ties up all the loose end that season 2 created.
>>
>>15763551
Judah hugging Jesus Christ before the betrayal
>>
>>15763506
Its pretty cohesive and doesn't leave any plot threads hanging and I don't remember it having plot holes either, you should at least put more effort in your shitposts
>>
>>15763602

Judau knew Kira?
>>
>>15763568
but in a stupid way
>>
>>15761873
The one thing it doesn't do is ruin his character
>>
>>15762373
I think it was less an assimilation and more of a complete fusion down to his dna. The ELS that fused with him are just as much human as he is ELS.
>>
>>15763624
Explain how its stupid
>>
>>15763697
in the way that it went from being a series focused on not only mechs fighting but also politics, intrigue, mystery, interesting characters and character development, to "herpa-derp-secret-aliens-on-jupiter"
>>
>>15763965
The movie still has a bit of focus on that.
It shows the uniformed world CB fought to see in the series work against a new threat.
Aliens are literally the only enemy they could've introduced.
If they had gone back to fighting humans then it would've invalidated the entire series and showed that humanity is incapable of change.
00 awott took everything the characters worked for in the series and put it to the test
>>
>>15762373
No setsuna should still be himself.
He was a true innovator and on top of that was able to communicate with the ELS.
I think we're looking at a Ghost in the Shell kind of scenario.
>>
>>15764005
>If they had gone back to fighting humans then it would've invalidated the entire series and showed that humanity is incapable of change.
Actually, background materials state there is be another war between normal humans and innovators before peace is finally achieved and the S2 epilogue happens.
>>
>>15763346
Turn A doesn't even fucking involve AD, AG, and everything else you twit.
>>
>>15763965
Except they used the fight along with everything else to set up communication with aliens, they say so in the first fucking episode of the first goddamn season, they just reached the logical conclusion to the themes they have been talking both bloody seasons, do you people seriously no pay attention and just skp to the fighting scenes?
>>
>>15764019
Are you talking about the war that happens after the ELS make peace with humanity? Because its a war between actual innovators and people who didn't trust them and they were those guys Sewtsuna kills at the start of the movie, just people looking for bullshit reasons to kill each other
>>
>>15764019
I've heard about that here and there, but I've never seen the details about it.
>>
>>15763463
Not really, Turn A and Turn X could be end level 00 Innovator suits. Quantization = Teleport beams and weapons. Already saw optical camo in 00 that can have progressed to where Turn A can render itself invisible. With the use of ELS parts you can have the suits able to regenerate and even rebuild the pilot. We already have nanotech used in 00, just get it more powerful (ELS upgrade?) and you can produce moonlight butterfly with nano-ELS riding GN particle waves for a similar appearance to traditional moonlight butterfly with the added benefit of using the quantum brainwave deal to likely mindwipe the affected people for the great reset button. It also makes sense that we wouldn't see either suit at max power (lacking an innovator pilot) and that the suits have intelligence (advanced support OS likely giving way to full on AI or even just ELS enhancement like the suits we see at the end of Trailblazer). The blackhole reactors likely replace the old GN drives with the suits acting more like super Tau drives (blackhole reactor creates power, suit has secondary system to create GN particles). Although given the theory that true GN drives use magnetic monopoles to catalyze baryonic matter decay releasing energy (gamma rays) and GN particles, a blackhole can similarly break matter down and potentially release GN particles.
>>
>>15762482
Likely Setsuna's consciousness is part of the ELS hivemind at this point, so infinite respawn, immortal space Jesus.
>>
File: Fucking christ.jpg (11KB, 328x277px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking christ.jpg
11KB, 328x277px
>>15764274
This is why I hate Tomino cultists like you, you reach as far as you can into your own ass to find justificatives for Turn A being the end of everything, ELS aren't nanomachines and have actual mind of their own along with a goddamn planet and a bunch of other planets they assimilated along their way to our solar system, how the fuck do you explain that? The nanomachines in Turn A also eat away at metal and leave only a brittle coat on top of them as we saw in the show, regeneration also takes a long time for a goddamn moustache, why did the "ELS nanomachines" you're trying to asspull become so useless when they could make entire copies of mobile suits in minutes? Why would they make a black hole reactor when they have perfected the solar furnaces to the point they can cheaply mass produce them(true GN Drives at that)? What reason do they have to wage war when they finally found another species in the universe and set out to explore the galaxy?

Also how do you reconcile the fact that they are in AD2307, way later than UC officially started?

Why do you autists continue pushing this demented bullshit?
>>
>>15763965
The movie had everything they just added aliens that came to Jupiter because it was similar to their homeworld, which expanded a lot of the themes from only humans to all intelligent life.
>>
>>15764066
It's in some elusive handbooks that were printed sometime around the movie. Basically a portion of humanity doesn't like that there are naturally-occurring Innovators popping up and the fact that they have to share the Earth Sphere with literal aliens, so they band together to wipe them out. CB comes back one last time to stop them. There was a page for the Rapahel Gundam Dominions I saw a while back that stated that it wiped out an entire platoon of GN-Xs with a single shot and hinted that the pilot was Tieria, who's mind came back from the 00 Qan[T] to Earth again.
>>
>>15764847
I'm rejecting that for my headcannon until that gets animated because In AOTB CB said that was their last mission, which was hype as fuck.
>>
>>15764322
Yeah, much as I loved Turn A I always thought that twist was dumb. It's better off being its own thing than the end of every Gundam ever.
>>
>>15762381
>Still the best post-2000 Gundam protagonist.
00 is the only post-2000 Gundam I've seen so far, and if Setsuna is the best they can do I don't think I want to see the others.
>>
>>15764968
Kill yourself kuso.
>>
>>15761861
is.. is he actually metal? like is that real? is he really metal now?
>>
>>15766463
he was turned to steel
in the great magnetic field
>>
>>15766463
He's half human half metal half alien and half Gundam. Oh he's also immortal.
>>
>>15766796
And a very understanding person.
>>
>>15766463
Just watch the movie.
>>
>>15763364
>But according to Tomino Turn A takes place exactly 500 years after MSG and 500 years before G-Reco.
Well that's just straight illogical for a lot of reasons, so it was probably just Tomino lying for publicity. Much like how he lied about the plot of the MSG movie series before they came out.
>>
>>15761861
>kurdistan can into gundam
>>
>>15767704
That whole interview was Tomino off the cuff.
I really get annoyed that people took the 500 years thing and ran with it as truth because Tomino is obviously not going to remember the finer details of one of the many series he made years ago.
Especially at his current age.
>>
>>15764322
Dude, seriously fuck off. I'm not even a Tomino cultist and can pick apart that theory with actual counter points unlike you. Though I admit I am partial to the idea of everything ends in Turn A as from a narrative perspective it gives you a way to end the Gundam metaverse without every running out of story potential. Now, on to your points.

ELS assimilated worlds? Yeah so, Turn A humans have only explored our solar system so what would they even know about any other alien worlds?

ELS are nanomachines just like we are, they're called cells. We see their evolution in the movie and they are essentially the "organic" equivalent of grey goo. Still, none of this matters since the Turns are stated to use tech derived from DG cells, which you could have easily brought up if you actually knew anything.

ELS never created whole MS in minutes from scratch like you are implying, it took several medium sized ELS joining together to create ELS MS so that's just you either being flat out wrong or a liar. In the case of Turn regeneration, they're rebuilding from scratch.
>>
>>15767875
continued

Black hole vs Solar reactor, umm why would we want to build nuclear reactors when we can build steam engines super easy? Improvements in energy generation anyone.

And reasons to wage war? Did you watch Turn A/ read any of the side material? Turn X came to explore Earth from "an advanced humanity that left for the stars" to see what became of their former home (I'm paraphrasing here). The existing people of Earth built Turn A to counter the threat they assumed existed because of Turn X and it was humans from Earth that just kept fighting.

Now as I already brought up, the Turns are explicitly stated to use tech from multiple Gundam AUs, not just say, 00 so obviously everything I stated was simply to how could you use 00 tech to replicate something like a Turn, no more, no less.
>>
>>15767885
finally

A better contention to the "everything ends in Turn A" though would just be, look at the continents. SEED's earth, UC's earth, 00's earth all basically look the same which is frankly impossible with the stretches of time needed to accommodate all Gundams ever. Continents shift over time. Each gundam metaverse has a history of its past into its present, the Turns can reset the world as much as they want but (and potentially mindwipe people) but it still takes time to develop the technology necessary to create a Gundam as moonlight butterfly is supposed to turn all advanced technology to sand so that mean's no tech beyond like bronze age.

If each cycle has to advance from bronze age to post-modern day/near future tech each cycle is lasting say 6000 years. Given the number of Gundam stories then the earth should have changed shape for every couple of iterations, it can't look the exact same as it does today without all gundams occurring within the same like 10,000 year time span, which doesn't work with what the Turns do in their grand reset unless the nanomachines literally rebuild the Earth each time, which is a little too far out there even for Turn Gundams hypothesized power levels.
>>
>>15767894
Messed up the timescale for the continental drift, forgot a few zeros but even then, the point remains, it just doesn't fit with that point alone. And that's ignoring the loss of things like helium which are natural resources that cannot be replaced.
>>
>>15767794
I think people need to recognize that "word of god" or whatever doesn't work if it's just an idea that popped into a hype maniac's head on the fly.

For the record, G-Reco is my favorite Gundam, and I love Turn-A and 0079 a lot. But series should be watchable on their own. You have the UC Quadrilogy, and that's a good universe built there, further expanded by Victory. But if something after that original canon conflicts with something else from after that original canon, who gives a shit? People get freaked out about alternate scenarios and graphing timelines. I don't need a show to be connected to every single fucking Gundam series.
>>
>>15761861
Every time I come to a crossroad, I ask myself, What Would Setsuna Do?
>>
>>15766463
He makes a clinking sound as he walks.
Personally I'd like to rap my knuckles on him to see what sound he produces.
>>
>>15767875
>ELS are nanomachines
The ELS operate on a scale far smaller than nanomachines.
>>
>>15767894
GN Particles work on a subatomic level as they are made up of decayed baryons. Nanomachines literally couldn't do shit to a GN Field.
So your theory about Turn A continuously resetting shit doesn't work with the AD timeline, unless you're trying to say that Gundam ends with 00 instead of Turn A.
>>
>>15767930
What? They at bare minimum have cells since we have seen that in the evolution flashback, that leaves them on the nanoscopic scale if we're pinging their cells to the size of a virus. A more reasonable estimation of something approaching the size of a eukayortic cell is in the micrometers (10^-6 which is larger than nano 10^-9, unless you're referring to the same way our own cells work on the atomic level with building proteins and DNA in which case, fine I get what you mean) and thus clearly operate on a level similar to any hypothetical nanomachine

>>15767945
Yes, GN particles are a theoretical super muon based on observed characteristics and hypothetical results of baryon decay. Nothing in the actual post >>15764274 says nanomachines are affecting the GN field, it's the other way around. The GN field is acting as a means of distribution of the nanomachines over a wide area, like when Nena uses the GN stealth field or Setsuna uses Trans-Am or Quantum burst. GN fields are capable of supporting solid objects so it stands to reason nanomachines could ride along one.
>>
File: cobra-018.jpg (149KB, 1066x800px) Image search: [Google]
cobra-018.jpg
149KB, 1066x800px
>>15767924
>He makes a clinking sound as he walks.
Like Crystal Boy?
>>
>>15764915
Animating it would make for a great 10th anniversary. But of course not.
>>
File: k*rd wuz errthang.png (4MB, 1222x1554px) Image search: [Google]
k*rd wuz errthang.png
4MB, 1222x1554px
>>15761861
>WE WUZ GUNDAMZ N SHIET
Bravo Tomino
>>
>>15767885

> Turn X came to explore Earth from "an advanced humanity that left for the stars" to see what became of their former home (I'm paraphrasing here)

You're not just paraphrasing, you're wrong; there's never a reason given for why or how the Turn-X came to the solar system, only that it was found drifting at the edge of the solar system and theorized to have come from an advanced civilization. That civilization is presumed to be the newtypes that left the solar system, because Dianna mentions during her summary of the Black History that newtypes left the solar system. The Turn-A was built by studying the Turn-X because the people in the solar system feared invasion by people with that technology, but when none occurred after a few years it got used in terrestrial conflicts and eventually used by people who wanted to do something similar to what Master Asia did and reset the Earth's civilization. Even that much may be wrong though, as the MG manual for the Turn-X (I think, could be Turn-A) notes that all history is just myth so could be made up or wrong if I recall.
>>
File: Turn-Armaggedon.webm (3MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Turn-Armaggedon.webm
3MB, 720x540px
>>15767894

> Given the number of Gundam stories then the earth should have changed shape for every couple of iterations, it can't look the exact same as it does today without all gundams occurring within the same like 10,000 year time span, which doesn't work with what the Turns do in their grand reset unless the nanomachines literally rebuild the Earth each time, which is a little too far out there even for Turn Gundams hypothesized power levels.

Actually, Agrippa does note during the same segment with the Black History that the Turn-A not only buried certain units (the ones in mountain cycles), but after doing so that the nanomachines merged with the Earth. Given that they're descended from the DG cells and that description, it sounds likely it could restructure the Earth when doing so if it wanted since the DG cells purpose was to heal the Earth. It may even have had a fixed structure in mind of what the Earth should look like to "heal" it too.

Mind you, I don't mean to suggest that's what actually happened and explanation for some kind of combined timeline, since I think the whole thing works much better as a thematic device where Turn-A is more of a lesson about how Gundam needs to move on than taken literally. I just wanted to point out that Turn-A may actually be capable of what you're suggesting.
>>
File: 1469334827826.png (156KB, 517x422px) Image search: [Google]
1469334827826.png
156KB, 517x422px
>>15768079
What the fuck is this shit
>>
>>15767875
>I'm not a Tomino cultist
>But let me act like one and reach out until it makes sense to that demented unified timeline
>>
Didn't Tomino later recant that comment about Turn A around when G-Reco was airing because it made no sense with the dates he talked about?
>>
>>15766842
kek
>>
Only deluded Timelinetards will try to pass off conjecture and fanfiction as "evidence".
>>
>>15768240

I don't think so, but he was probably not very serious about it in the first place given he encouraged the audience to come up with their own timeline and tell him about it a few minutes later if I recall. I think he just doesn't care about it personally, and just wanted to try and get that across to the audience.
>>
>>15761861
Is this series already ruined for me if I know Setsuna is an Ayy Lmao?
>>
>>15763364
lol wut?
The show itself says that Universal Century was 10,000 years ago and the Moonlight Butterfly was 2,000 years ago.
Either you are completely full of shit, or whoever told you that Turn A is 500 years after UC was completely full of shit. For fuck's sake, it's the year CC 2345 in Turn A. That would mean that 0079 was 1845 which would mean "Correct Century" counts from 221AD. What the FUCK happened in 221AD?
NOTHING, that's what.
The Moonlight Butterfly was UC 7000. Reguild Century starts in UC 8800, Turn A was in UC 9345, and G-Reco was in UC 9845.
>>
>>15768153
>notes that all history is just myth
That's taking it a bit far. It says that history is full of inaccuracies and in the end people just believe what they want anyway.
>>15768281
That was when he said G-Reco was 500 years after Turn A. And he said that when fans make their timelines, please put it 500 years after Turn A.
He never said Turn A was 500 years after UC. That's just stupid people getting the shows confused in conversations like this one.
>>
>>15768813
Not really.
It has a ton of symbolic significance that I'm sure you don't understand.
>>
>>15769370
>which would mean "Correct Century" counts from 221AD
It would also mean that the newtypes who built the Turn X left Earth during the Stone Age. Our current best spacecraft would take 54,000 years to reach Proxima Centauri, and then you have to allow time for the Turn X to make the return trip. Nevermind the fact that all of this had to happen *after* G Gundam because Tomino says the MLB is DG Cells. So now not only did the Turn X builders leave 100,000BC, but Neo America was building Gundams in the Middle Paleolithic Era.
>>
Why are delusional CC/TurnAfags still talking about timelines? That shit was only set up to establish the meta-series and the only post-Turn A series to acknowledge it was with a fucking easter egg cameo of the same background landscape in an image of a base in CE and G-Reco more then a decade later establishing it takes place even after that.

Its not meant to be taken literally.
>>
>>15772593
Better question:
Why are you still denying the official narrative 18 years later?
>not meant to be taken literally
Tomino's production notes for Turn A disagree. You're just being like one of those religious wackos that handwaves parts of the book they don't like with "oh, that's just a metaphor" while vehemently defending the parts you do like as absolute fact. The name of the show, LITERALLY, means "For All Gundam" and the central premise of the show is that all the Gundam shows are evidence of humanity repeating the same mistakes over and over throughout history. There is no mention of alternate universes, converging timelines, time-loops, metaphors, nor any other of the excuses you people use to deny the fact that the entire point of the story was humanity having forgotten the events of the previous Gundam shows.
>>
>>15772673
"Official"
Who is this wacko
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.