[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anno was an autistic kid who drew nonstop from kindergarten to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 1478181306455.jpg (637KB, 1432x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1478181306455.jpg
637KB, 1432x1076px
Anno was an autistic kid who drew nonstop from kindergarten to University, developing crazy skill and a long eye for others' talent. What you peasant call "stylish animation" is in reality his masterful directing that singlehandedly raised the bar for animation and directing to hopeless heights for most competitors. Even his handling of sound effects and music is completely novel in the industry and all together his talent is still practically unreachable with the japanese style of animation. (If not for Gainax-spawned Trigger.)

The fact Anno has the superior taste to pick Ideon as an inspiration out of the entirety of more popular Tomino works just confirms he is the one real deal anime genius from every perspective and analysis, who will be increasingly worshipped in the decades to come, no matter how many shitty rebuilds and pretentious messages he vomits.
>>
Anno isn't even an animator tho
>>
>>15757250
But he did animation for SDF Macross and Nausicaa. He doesn't animate any more, but that's because all animators dream of graduating to director.
>>
>>15757226
Anno's drawings: Good
Anno's taste in anime: Really good
Anno's directing ability: Talentless hack
>>
While I don't buy into Anno being a talentless hack, I do think that his directing is way too pretentious and tries too hard to "transcend" being mecha and anime in general.
Just fucking stop with the self-hatred and projection. There's a reason why Tomino's career is much more distinguished among long time anime fans despite his similar issues with depression.
>>
>>15757273
This a million times.

He can draw.
He can animate.
He can spot a good work.
But he can't create.

He's the epitome of an Otaku.
>>
File: jesus.jpg (8KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
8KB, 228x221px
Fukuda was an autistic kid who drew nonstop from kindergarten to University, developing crazy skill and a long eye for others' talent. What you peasant call "stock footage" is in reality his masterful directing that singlehandedly raised the bar for animation and directing to hopeless heights for most competitors. Even his handling of sound effects and music is completely novel in the industry and all together his talent is still practically unreachable with the japanese style of animation. (If not for Sunrise-spawned Bones.)

The fact Fukuda has the superior taste to pick Zambot as an inspiration out of the entirety of more popular Tomino works just confirms he is the one real deal anime genius from every perspective and analysis, who will be increasingly worshipped in the decades to come, no matter how many shitty SEED sequels and Gary Stus he vomits.
>>
>>15757284
Gunbuster doesn't do that at all. It fucking revels in being as cliche as possible, and that's part of what makes it so endearing
>>
>>15757294
Fukuda likes Zambot? I can almost forgive him.
>>
>>15757250
He's a fucking good animator, or at least was back in the day.
>>
>>15757284
Anno never tried nor said he wanted to "transcend" anything.
>>
>>15760043
No shit, that's why you can enjoy Gunbuster without particularly liking Anno.
>>
>>15761880
Watch the last episode of Gunbuster and watch Eps. 25 + 26 + EoE and THEN respond to me.
>>
>>15761890
How was the last episode of Gunbuster remotely pretentious? Hell, even EoE only gets weird in like the last ten minutes, and it's still pretty easy to follow even then.

If you want to see something that's actually pretentious, watch Rahxephon. Holy shit is that show masturbatory
>>
>>15757226
Is that you Digibro?
>>
>>15757226
The problem isn't with Anno, it's his retarded fanbase consisting of 2deep4u 12 year olds who think Evangelion invented mecha.
>>
>>15761899
>episode in all black/white plus concept art battles instead of actual animation
>pretentious == hard to follow
I shouldn't even dignify your post with a reply so have some implied implications.
>>
>>15762075
So setting the mood via choice in coloration counts as pretentious now?

Fuck, I guess every anime that ever had a shot in pastels is pretentious too
>>
Anno did a perfect job as animator, don't forget all the sakuga he did from Daicon IV to Evangelion
>>
>>15762112
When its the entire episode, fucking yes it is. Let's not forget that still image with Christian music playing for over a minute in Eva eps. 24
Annofags being delusional as usual.
>>
>>15762204
Young Frankenstein confirmed for the most pretentious movie ever made.

That part in Eva was legit trash though, you could literally hear and see the budget with the public domain soundtrack and the no movement whatsoever.
>>
File: 1441409101561.jpg (693KB, 2864x1444px) Image search: [Google]
1441409101561.jpg
693KB, 2864x1444px
>>15762075
The last episode of Gunbuster wasn't colored/animated because they ran out of money. Holy shit you're dumb.
>>
>>15762250
>Ran out of money
>When coloring something in greyscale was, at least at the time, actually more expensive
Holy shit you're dumb.
>>
>>15762278
>coloring in greyscale
I knew you were dumb, but holy shit.
>>
>>15762290
Didn't the black & white episode ended costing more due to SHADING?
>>
>>15762250
>>15762278
>>15762290
>>15762307
The black and white episode of Gunbuster was more expensive than a normal episode because instead of opting to make it greyscale in post-production, they painted everything in greyscale manually.
>>
>>15762250
What's up with those two Space Bugs chilling with the Sizzlers there? Did they convert or something? The fuck?
>>
>Anno-chan gets a new asshole ripped and confirmed for not knowing shit about Gunbuster
Best thread in years desu
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.