[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the shitty american release of Cutie Honey 90s ever scanned?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

Was the shitty american release of Cutie Honey 90s ever scanned? I wanna read it but I'm not paying money for that piece of shit release
>>
>>15752542
Doubtful
>>
>>15752542
Only the first chapter until the part where the schoolgirl who played Kekko Kamen encountered cat!Sister Jill
>>
>>15753330
Yeah I saw the first two issues on a manga reading site, but I was hoping I could get the rest as well without tracking down some infamously low quality comic book issues or learning to speak Japanese
>>
The good news is it hasn't appreciated in any way, so it's cheaper to buy now than it was 20 years ago. And at least shitty Ironcat doesn't get any money from it.
>>
>>15755467
Yeah, it's unfortunate that some of the issues (specifically 5 and 6) still go for more than I'm willing to pay for
>>
File: 953356-M.jpg (15KB, 180x272px) Image search: [Google]
953356-M.jpg
15KB, 180x272px
I'm amazed by just how fucking ugly Ironcat managed to make the covers on most of their releases. I had somehow blocked from my memory just how shitty and terrible the standards were for English releases back then.
>>
File: 220px-Futaba-kun_Change.jpg (21KB, 220x337px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Futaba-kun_Change.jpg
21KB, 220x337px
Even back then I could never understand why American companies would go out of their way to use the most awkward not-cover-art for their cover art. It's like every dense motherfucker thought he was the next Catl Macek.
>>
File: cutie1.jpg (4KB, 142x200px) Image search: [Google]
cutie1.jpg
4KB, 142x200px
>>15756171
>>15756186
In all fairness, Ironcat did use the Japanese covers for Cutie Honey, but their were only 2 volumes in japan and Ironcat split the volumes into 6 issues each. Also the jap covers weren't that great to begin with
>>
>>15756186
>>15756171
They had to, really, because this was back when they were still releasing single chapters of comics as monthly paperback comic books rather than tankobon compilations or weeklies from the big Sunday comics in Japan. They didn't have enough cover art to go around so they just grabbed something and made a cover out of it in Photoshop.

Viz was doing that for Ranma forever and making bank on it because you could sell manga at a premium in the 90s because it's ~+~IMPORTED~+~

To be fair though the Viz covers were always of much higher quality than other books, good job Trish Ledoux if you're still reading this instead of doing Pokemon stuff.
>>
>>15756171
>>15756186
This series made me horny as a kid
>>
>>15756171
I had volume one of that.

>>15756186
They probably didn't have access to the original textless art.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.