[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished reading Devilman for the first time and I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 14

File: Devilmen_holding_hands.jpg (61KB, 679x361px) Image search: [Google]
Devilmen_holding_hands.jpg
61KB, 679x361px
I just finished reading Devilman for the first time and I just don't know what to feel beyond a little bit stressed and unsatisfied.
>>
Before you jump to conclusions I didn't dislike it, but jesus christ the general vibe of the last few volumes hit me like a brick, and that final battle was so rushed to hell and back.
>>
I found when I read it that it was super enjoyable and grim. I couldn't wait to see what happened next, and found it super fun watching the rollercoaster ride of Earth's fall to the demons and Akira's suffering. I also really liked how the delinquents basically became his posse.
>>
File: Jinmen.png (720KB, 631x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Jinmen.png
720KB, 631x1001px
>>15749565
I had the same feeling. After Jinmen I found myself pretty much tearing through to see where it went next. Everything just escalates so fucking quickly.in those final volumes it's impossible to look away.
>>
>>15749553
>>15749545

I think that was kind of the idea. It really takes the romance out of battle and just leaves feeling empty and confused
>>
I also read the original manga a while back
should I bother reading any of the spinoffs/sequels/prequels?
>>
I read Devilman about 3 months ago and I had just about the same reaction. I downloaded Devilman Lady too, which I've heard is better, but Devilman left such a bad taste I have yet to read it.
So
Why did God blow up just Russia?
>>
In other versions the manga final battle is drawn, it depends of which version you read it.
>>
>>15749654
It was kind of a Sodom/Gomorrah situation. Demons had infiltrated the very highest echelons of the Russian government and were actively working to try and get humans to nuke themselves. Basically, the country was corrupted to the degree that God decided to intervene directly.
>>
>>15749654
I assumed that was Satan acting unconsciously, considering the earlier discussion about how nuclear warfare would ultimately render the Earth inhospitable for anyone, something he would want to avoid seeing how he saw it as a paradise to be saved.
>>
>>15749654
Because it was too far gone for anything else to be done, as far as I remember God doesn't have anything against humanity in Devilman just against the demons who just acted like savages as default who couldn't do anything but devour each other and if I'm not mistaken in the end God ends up sending his mass produced angels to fuck up Satan once Akira failed at killing him
>>
>>15749589
Shin Devilman is so retarded it ends up being genius.
>>
>>15749545
Devilman is a masterpiece, let it sit for a while. Nagai pulls no punches and his tonal curve is pretty much a 180 from what's normal so it can be a bit of a shock. No wish fulfillment or happy endings in Devilman, only gnosis and eternal suffering.

>>15749654
I personally loved the hell out of Devilman Lady but can understand how a lot of people aren't fans. It takes its time and plays around with some smaller ideas before getting into bigger stuff like Devilman, you might like that or you might hate it. It's far more creative than a continuation of Devilman had to be, if nothing else it can't be accused of being just more of the same.
>>
>>15750029
>Devilman Lady
Someone have the comic that explain the ending of Devilman Lady?
>>
>>15750062
I didn't even know that was a thing. I found it pretty straight-forward and consistent with everything that had happened before. I'd still be interested in seeing it though.
>>
>>15749553
I don't see why people keep wanting the final battle. It's better this way. Otherwise the manga would have dragged on forever for a needless narrative.
>>
the newest edition adds a few extra pages to the last battle. But I feel it doesn't need to be expanded upon any more than that, because if it did, it would have cheapened the last volumes in my opinion.

Devilman hits readers hard and then leaves them wanting for more. I think Nagai made the right choice.
>>
>>15750029
I agree. I enjoyed it on first read, but didn't love it. It took me days to realise what I just read was extraordinary.
>>
Who was best girl though?
>>
>>15750100
Asuka
>>
>>15749545
It's very underwhelming, I agree. I was expecting a lot more from it too.
>>
>>15749654
>I downloaded Devilman Lady too, which I've heard is better,
Someone lied to you.
>>
>>15750148
Devilman Lady is a masterpiece. It's Go Nagai's magnus opus. You're just a triggered cuck.
>>
Why do so many people pretend to like Go Nagai? Do they think they're being really funny, edgy, or ironic by saying they like poorly-drawn poorly-written lowbrow shit?
>>
>>15750181

here's your (YOU)
>>
>>15750181
You posted that like 3 times on /a/ and nobody gave a shit. Stop trying Steve.

White genocide is upon you motherfucker.
>>
>>15750181
Shotaro Ishinomori is worse.
>>
>>15750181
I usually don't care for Go Nagai, but Devilman is pretty cool. Fuck off.
>>
If Nagai would have put in the final battle between devilmen and demons, it would have ruined the story. They fought for decades iirc and really this isn't a battle shonen, the battle serves no purpose to the narrative, it's about everything leading up to the war of extinction and the aftermath. There was no real character or narrative significance to drawing those battles.
>>
What emotion was Ryo trying to give when he said his father was dead? I couldn't tell with the way Nagai was drawing his face.
>>
>>15751848
If we go by the 87 film, pokerfaced seriousness.
>>
>>15751848
First he was deadpan, then he was sardonic.
>>
>>15749545
>>15749553
honestly this is why I don't read Go Nagai's manga for the most part, he has great ideas, but the execution rarely ever goes above mediocre(part of the problem is that he has terrible pacing issues, but so do most manga made before the 80's that I've seen)
>>
>>15751910
>part of the problem is that he has terrible pacing issues, but so do most manga made before the 80's that I've seen
lel this guy
>>
>>15751910
it's not a pacing issue, it's the fact that people want 50 volumes manga out of every fucking thing.

Pacing is actually fine.
>>
File: 1501976498450.png (293KB, 500x515px) Image search: [Google]
1501976498450.png
293KB, 500x515px
>>15750065
>>
>>15749545

Devilman can't keep the nature of demons straight. Are they ancient animals frozen in ice, or are they actual magical creatures from hell?
>>
>>15752760
Yes
>>
>>15752760
Wynaut both?
>>
So how well does it work as a criticism of war and fearmongering? Since according to Go that's what the what the subtext all is.
>>
>>15752781
>So how well does it work as a criticism of war and fearmongering?

Did you miss the whole section that the humans go paranoid and psychotic and murder innocent people in lynch mobs?
>>
>>15752789
I didn't read it, that's why I asked
>>
>>15750068
I don't want a long drawn out fight, just a few pages expanding on it at least. One second Akira's holding Miki's severed head and the next he's lying dead on the ground. The whole finale goes by so quickly it came across to me more like a bizarre last minute wrap-up than anything meaningful.
>>
>>15752795
Which version of Devilman did you read? The latest edition adds extra pages.
>>
>>15752811
The old Dynamic Pro Scanlations release. Looks like these were the files from 2008 or so.
>>
>>15752816
That version was the first.

The one I bought has a few extra pages, and that one chapter of Shin Devilman is fitted right before the finale. It makes for a much better reading experience in my opinion.

This should alleviate some problems with the quick pacing of the original edition.
>>
>>15752823
Hopefully that's the version Seven Seas are releasing next year, because even with my feelings over the ending I enjoyed it enough that I fully plan on buying it.
>>
>>15752823
http://devilman.wikia.com/wiki/Editions_of_Devilman

Divides the story into chapters, each with a new frontispiece.
Adds Great War of the Gods, a 32 page prelude to volume one.
Adds 7 new pages to the first chapter of volume 2, Sirene, the Winged Siren.

The Eader sub-plot has been removed. The talk that preceded it is in volume 2.

The Susumu and Jinmen stories has been moved to before the Zann/Rasber story (see below), in that order. They are also in volume 2.

Incorporates Shin Devilman as the start of volume 3. It has been rearrange to place the Joan of Arc story first and spoilers have been removed from the dialogue.

Replaces the last two pages of the story in which Zann takes on spider form to attack Akira Fudo's school, with a new 17 page conclusion, that reveals the demon to be Rasber rather than Zann.
Adds One Summer Day, a 18 page side story, to the beginning of volume 4.

Adds 8 new pages to the first chapter of volume 5, Fallen Angel.
A few frames in volume 5 have been redrawn or touched up on.
The untitled story published in Shin Devilman has been incorporated into volume 5. A new page transitioning Satan's dialogue with Zennon into it has been added.

Adds two new pages after the ones showing the sphere of light lifting from the earth, revealing it to be full of angels.

Adds 10 new pages to the final battle.
>>
>>15752845
You can see the extra pages here

https://www.tumblr.com/search/devilman+ultimate
>>
>>15752823
Shin Devilman is terrible. Fuck off with empty hurf durf pacing issues bitching.
>>
>>15752954
>Shin Devilman is terrible.
I don't consider Shin terrible. Many of the stories are pretty good.
>>
>>15752753
Those faces are spot on
>>
File: OohMisterDarcy.png (827KB, 600x618px) Image search: [Google]
OohMisterDarcy.png
827KB, 600x618px
>>15752973
It's based on this. The faces have nothing to do with Devilman Lady/Go Nagai.
>>
>>15752996
what a weird coincidence
>>
>>15749553
I liked it exactly because of how
>the general vibe of the last few volumes hit me like a brick

and that's exactly the point of the manga.
made sense to me. the "rushing it" was necessary to keep it focused, then punch you in the guts and walk away
>>
>>15749553
>>15753082

First off, the deluxe edition adds extra pages to the final battle. Those pages aren't scanned unfortunately, but you can see them here >>15752860

Second, the final battle was further detailed in this chapter of Neo Devilman by Nagai.

http://mangapark.me/manga/neo-devilman/s1/v1/c5

So there's literally no reason to complain now.
>>
>>15752996
The dude from Pride and Prejudice?
>>
>>15752795
But there was literally no other way it could end, no matter how strong Akira may have become he was still a simple human demon hybrid fighting against Satan, the very first creation
>>
>>15753249
Yes anon, I realize that. That's not really what I was talking about at all.
>>
>>15753262
I meant that any actual fight between Satan and Devilman can't actually happen with severe asspulls, the best you can even hope for is the Neo Devilman story that showed a bit, also the demons themselves were laying low only possessing a few people here and there to plant fear into people, when Akira declared war on Satan they stoped fucking around and destroyed humanity, they could try to show that but it would still be pretty short and onesided
>>
>>15752776
Because it's dumb. But then, it's Nagai, so why anyone should expect anything else?
>>
>>15752795
It going by quickly is kind of the point m8.
>>
is there a BD version of The Demon Bird that actually have seeds
>>
>>15749553
>that final battle was so rushed to hell and back.
>Hes never seen No Country For Old Men
Its supposed to be like that, lad
>>
>>15749574
This. Unlike Gundam it shows violence/war for what it really is: a waste
See also my previous comment
>>15753404
>>
File: i'm devilman.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
i'm devilman.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>15753379
Knowing the power of public trackers, probably not.
>>
>>15749545

What fascinates me is the mythology that grew up around this series. Devilman, as a matter of fact, isn't really good at his job - I think he basically fails at everything, and he nearly dies more often than not.

At the same time, you have to consider the name. Not 'Super' man or 'Flag' man, it's fucking DEVIL MAN. Whatever the case, the fact that this story has been explored again and again, and repeatedly fleshed out - it's quite something. There are multiple re-tellings of the story, and a whole manga about a boyband finding itself fighting on opposite sides of the final battle. Shit's weird.
>>
>>15749553

It's because the final battle was completely hopeless. It's not even a case of "Oh, they might pull it off". The moment it came to fisticuffs, Devilman lost.

You can't beat Lucifer. I mean, he's goddamn Lucifer! All the devilmen are humans playing with forces they can barely understand. They're as outmatched as Lucifer was when he fought God. Everything else was completely incidental. Lucifer can lose his entire army and still win, because he's invincible. The whole conflict would only ever have one conclusion i.e. Devilman's doomed.

That's why it jumped right to the aftermath. It was never really in doubt who would win the struggle.
>>
>>15753591
My god, that animation is beautiful. I forgot they did this. They never finished the story though did they?
>>
The ending wasn't what I expected. I expected DM to just keep fighting different monsters of the week, not for it to become some mystical final battle.
>>
>>15753848
>just keep fighting different monsters of the week
Old manga rarely fell into the modern pattern of endless MotW. That was mostly an anime thing back then, since they were trying to fill up 50+ episodes. Nowadays, manga editors are constantly trying to push every time to run as long as possible even if it completely degrades the quality of the work. In the 70s, that was rare.
>>
I can't believe I jerked off to devilman lady
>>
I think Jinmen was the high point, Cyborg 009 vs DM really did it justice
>>
>>15753818
>My god, that animation is beautiful.

I believe it was theatrically released, so it damn well better have good animation.
>>
>>15753591
With the beautiful animation, I also loved Sho Hayami's performance as Akira/Devilman along with the OST.
>>
File: -429567169.jpg (146KB, 728x1203px) Image search: [Google]
-429567169.jpg
146KB, 728x1203px
OP I also just finished it for the first time
Holy fucking shit
>>
>>15757342
did you rike it?
>>
>>15757342
Miki a shit
Glad she died like a dog
>>
>>15757382
no the dog thing is in Violence Jack, the is the one where she dies like a pez dispenser
>>
File: stupid french.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
stupid french.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>15754637
>jerking off to nagai
>>
>>15753591
I've watched the goofy dub way too much almost every line during this scene was playing in my head.

>You can call me, DEVILMAAAAAAN.
>>
>>15757342
I love Devilman, it's like Parasyte only all of the faggy wish fulfillment is taken in the complete opposite direction.
>>
>>15757710
That's because Parasyte blatantly apes from Devilman. Parasyte is the poor man's Devilman, and Tokyo Ghoul is the poor man's Parasyte.
>>
>>15757722
It's sad that storytelling in popular manga has gone backwards in so many ways. The length and fanservice are out of control.
>>
>>15757755
Parasyte was from an age where things went slightly too long but they did try to inject some of the authors ideas and personality into retreads, making for a still unique experience that was worth reading. Tokyo Ghoul is from an age where things never end and rather have ideas/executions that turn out to be marketable you are supposed to inject what's marketable into it.
>>
>>15753379
BakaBT is back, just make an account and get uTorrent 3.3.1
>>
>>15757489
don't disrespect bernard minet you cunt
>>
>That scene with the scientists admitting to Akira that they only killed humans while bargaining for their lives
And they say it so smugly because they think they were talking to a demon and not a devilman
>>
>>15749553
>You had fun
Stopped reading there
>>
Should I read Violence Jack?
>>
>>15757755
>The length
This so fucking much. Manga became like old anime with incessant episodes.

This is why Devilman's length is so refreshing. 5 volumes and I'm done. Take it or leave it.
>>
>>15757367
Yeah, I think I did
I was sorta expecting it to be a monster of the week deal
But then it went full on with the apocalypse
I adore Nagais art
>>
File: woah.png (579KB, 487x1145px) Image search: [Google]
woah.png
579KB, 487x1145px
What does /m think of Devil Man G

Specifically Devilman Miki
>>
>>15758662
I'd fuck that slut soooo hard
>>
>>15758662
Seems pretty cool. Looking forward to the official release in October.
>>
>>15758740
I didn't even know this was coming out over here. Shit son that's fantastico.
>>
>>15758384
Maybe
>>
>>15760138
fuck off xpearse
>>
>>15758662
I think Amon is better by leaps and bounds
>>
>>15758384
if it ever gets fully translated
hokuto no gun has been stuck at vol 3 since 2014 mainly because their main translator isn't working on it
>>
File: mashira011.png (88KB, 695x251px) Image search: [Google]
mashira011.png
88KB, 695x251px
>>15760623
It was because of infighting (to make things worse, they also know each other in real life) and the like as I've heard. The TL wanted to come back years ago, but he wanted the other guys to check over it to have a second look and they were like no due to everything that had been going on, so nothing came of it.

Then, he went with another group and released a volume with them.

However, they're working on the next volume (which has been translated, and only needs to be typesetted) and the following volumes now, but they're probably gonna wait until they have a few volumes done before releasing them in a weekly schedule. Or, something like that.

>>15760156
Trying to say G isn't bad fanfiction?
>>
>>15760794
>However, they're working on the next volume (which has been translated, and only needs to be typesetted) and the following volumes now, but they're probably gonna wait until they have a few volumes done before releasing them in a weekly schedule. Or, something like that.
It's Hokuto no Gun, they put stuff out on whims and logic doesn't apply. They are truly the monkey's paw of translators, they will translate all this cool shit you would dream of but they release it at whatever schedule and pace that they want. They have had Raoh Gaiden fully translated, cleaned, and typeset and are just waiting for the final editting step and that has been the status for somewhere between 3-6 years.
>>
>>15758341
Oh, thanks
>>
>>15758341
>uTorrent 3.3.1
Why specifically that? And why would anyone use uTorrent these days when qBittorrent is much better?
>>
File: Hed.png (504KB, 584x762px) Image search: [Google]
Hed.png
504KB, 584x762px
It's like some multi-universe thing.
>>
>>15760986
Certain versions don't work, bakabt is picky with their clients
>>
>>15749676
"Kill yourselves but don't fuck up the planet"
>>
>>15760794
>Trying to say G isn't bad fanfiction
Having Siren falling for a nerd is kind of cute.
>>
>>15758384
if you can read Japanese or Italian, yeah, absolutely
>>
>gave devilman lady a try
BoobsboobstitstitstitstisWhat the fuck did I just read?Boobsboobsboobstitstitstits
>>
>>15761098
Is it available somewhere in Italian or do I have to buy the volumes? I learned it in high school and I guess it's finally time to make use of all that time I wasted a decade ago actually doing my homework and shit.
>>
>>15761309
You'll have to buy volumes.
Last one will be out next month, IIRC.

It took THREE editions(and publishers) but at last we got it all.

Website of the publisher, for reference:
http://www.j-pop.it/cerca?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=violence+jack&submit_search=

They might seem expensive at 9,90€, but they are 512pages long.

Also, if you speak Italian, Italy is the heaven of /m/ outside Japan. We are even going to get the new Mazinger Z movie before Japan.
>>
>>15761338
You can find it in spanish at batoto.
>>
>humans that lose their sense of reason become demons
I'm an autist that has a very hard time seeing things beyond the literal and even I thought that was beating me over the head as a war allegory
>>
>>15762191
Devilman Lady? If it's the original series, it's all about demons forcing merge with humans.
>>
>>15762201
No I mean the original.
>>
Well I watched the 2 ova movies. Goddamn I wish they made more because both are fantastically animated and directed. Shame the director died because he said he wanted to make more.

Still, there is that netflix series Masaaki Yuasa is directing coming up.
>>
>>15762325
Pretty sure this is what happens for the original series.
>demon manages to use a human as a host
>if the demon overpowers its host, it overwrites the human's personality
>if the human wins, the result is a devilman
>in any cases it's a draw, both the demon and the host perish
Unless you mean those lynch mobs at the end of the series.
>>
>>15762365
He's talking about the fact that you have to give in to chaos and lose your rationality for the merge to happen. It's why Ryo takes Akira to the Black Sabbath.
>>
>>15762375
I thought it was just to set the fusions (by lowering the human's willpower) instead of relying on random occurrences, which usually leads failures.
>>
>>15762388

No I meant what >>15762375 said.
Ryo specifically says that humans become demons (fusion) when humans lose their rationality, because the thing that separates humans and demons mentally is that demon lack a sense of reason. This is obviously meant to be an allegory for soldiers in war and how otherwise normal men can become killers. This is reinforced by the fact that you know, Nagai said this is the symbolism of the manga.
>>
>>15762424
While it's a metaphor for war, it also manages to simultaneously be a literal interpretation of demonic possession in christian lore by having the demons physically merge with other creatures.
>>
So I'm up to chapter 3 for Devilman Lady. Should I proceed with promises of good things later on or it's just boobs and tits waiting me?
>>
>>15761120
>>15762607
>what the fuck did I just read
If you stick with it to the end the entire thing makes perfect sense. It's actually quite clever and satisfying. As for the structure, it kind of simmers for a while after the first few chapters set things up and takes its time exploring some neat ideas, but it doesn't feel like it wastes time. Before too long Devilman Lady's plot gets going and when it gets going it really fucking gets going. Read it all for memeing purposes if nothing else.

>>15761338
Interesting, my Italian isn't completely broken, this might almost seem worth doing. Do they export to shitpost-land?
>>
>in grimoire, Aleda mourns over Illuge's death
I don't get why they are trying with this? Were they devils or were actually devilmen with them still retaining their former self?
>>
>>15762607
No. It's shit.
>>
>>15763321
Devilman Lady is a masterpiece. Fuck off Pablo.
>>
Only dumb femnazis, libtards, beta nu male cucks, muslim and christian apologists, and soccer moms hate on an absolute masterpiece like Lady.

America is fucking shite and needs to be purged
>>
>>15763115
>but it doesn't feel like it wastes time
That's exactly what it does. Characters don't know when to shut the fuck up in Devilman Lady, they talk incessantly but don't really say anything. When the plot kicks in the problem is the plot is incredibly stupid and more than a little nonsensical, particularly tying it back into Devilman. The biggest problem isn't that Devilman Lady doesn't make sense, it's that the series is incredibly stupid. It had some good ideas and could have been an interesting modern spin on the classic story, but the execution is awful and it lacks a strong sense of direction. Ultimately it ends up feeling like Nagai had a start and an end but zero idea how to get from one to the other so he just pulled shit out of his ass.
>>
File: 009.jpg (492KB, 1675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
009.jpg
492KB, 1675x1200px
>>15763335
I'm a Christian apologist and I think that Devilman Lady is one of the greatest comic-books ever made; checkmate atheists.

>>15763415
I think that if you were to remove the 'monster of the week' like chapters (which I actually really liked) and were to shorten it down to roughly the same length as the original Devilman it would feel quite sensible. It can seem a bit strange having all of this insane stuff develop behind the scenes while the story cruises in first gear for a few volumes but I think that if you take all of the major plot-points of Devilman Lady and lay them end to end you have a pretty sound follow-up to Devilman.
>>
>>15763415
>they talk incessantly but don't really say anything.
kinda like your post desu senpai baka
>>
>>15763193
they were just best friends, no different to when Sirene felt like shit over Kaim or Atai in the original and AMon
>>
>>15763557
>I think that if you were to remove the 'monster of the week' like chapters (which I actually really liked) and were to shorten it down to roughly the same length as the original Devilman it would feel quite sensible. It can seem a bit strange having all of this insane stuff develop behind the scenes while the story cruises in first gear for a few volumes but I think that if you take all of the major plot-points of Devilman Lady and lay them end to end you have a pretty sound follow-up to Devilman.
I agree with your sentiment. There are good ideas in this manga and had it been slimmed down i might have liked it more. My issue is that slimming it down would involve 60-70% of the whole thing, and when you are saying that a series would be good if you cut that stuff out you can't really say it's overall good.

>>15763560
I'm sorry I don't enjoy reading walls of text that go nowhere. Not everyone is entertained by long spews of dialogue where they talk about DNA ad nauseum or running their characterizations in circles. A big gripe I had is the characterizations of the two main characters felt like watered down stand ins for the original two from Devilman, and that's because ultimately they were just exactly that.
>>
>>15763415
>>15763612
>they talk incessantly but don't really say anything.
>I'm sorry I don't enjoy reading walls of text that go nowhere.
The irony is unbearable
>>
>>15763640
Are you saying my criticism is unfounded?
>>
>>15763612
>>15763644
There are a lot of awesome shit that goes down in Devilman Lady. You're just going to ignore all of that because the characters talk about stuff you're not interested in?

I enjoyed pseudo-science aspect of the series. It's like humanity got bumped a notch and were better prepared to face the demons.
>>
>>15763612
I didn't say it would be good if you cut that stuff out, or better, I'm saying that those parts, which I consider to be of less consequence to the overall narrative but still enjoyable, are probably souring your view of the whole thing. I don't mind that Lady mills around a bit before hitting the end game, Nagai clearly had some ideas he wanted to screw around with first and I had fun watching him.

>>15763644
I don't remember the dialogue feeling tiresome at any point, and I found the new cast to be interesting. Rookie is probably the funniest character I've ever seen in a manga. And as for Jun and what's her name, I thought they were sufficiently different to Akira and Ryo. A and R's relationship was a friendship leading up to a grand betrayal while J and ?'s was more like a partnership with a mystery behind it. If course Ryo's identity turned out to be a big mystery, but that was a twist, not an ongoing plot.

>>15763663
Humanity fighting the demons pre-apocalypse was awesome. Like Parasyte but not Parasyte, so good.
>>
>>15763115
>Interesting, my Italian isn't completely broken, this might almost seem worth doing. Do they export to shitpost-land?
Not sure, bu Amazon.it should
>>
>>15763115
Look also at ebay.it
>>
>>15749545
If mankind and the devilmen teamed up instead of dividing, do you think they could have won?
>>
>>15763997
>>15765597
thanks

>>15765600
The late parts of Lady seem to suggest that when the devils really go all out humans are pretty much a non-factor in combat and there will never be as many Devilmen as Devils.
>>
>>15765600
No. How can you win against GOD?
>>
>>15753097
What a retarded comment. You know why you haven't gotten any replies, not even a simple affirmative? Becausd no one on /m/ even fucking knows what pride n prejudice is. Hell, I myself struggled to read shakespeare in the ninth grade.

We're the aspergers sports fans of science fiction. We know a lot about robots and monsters mutilating eachother but of you ask us what great book we just finished, you'll get "d-does getter robo count?".

Half of us knuckleheads think Gundam shows are a symposium on advanced physics and our debates usually consist of "square cube law! nuh uh! <text copied verbatim from project rho>! *cites a mecha fanpage*"

Our knowledge of military strategy amounts to whatever asspulls we think we can string together woth words like "tactical" "operations" "logistics" and "practicality".

we're beyond retarded, and so are you for expecting anything more of us.
>>
>>15763666
>don't remember the dialogue feeling tiresome at any point
I do.
>>
>>15769525
Anon all I did was google "Mister Darcy"
>>
>>15769525

I mostly just treat it as escapism compared to all the other things I partake in.

Same with most shit I watch.
>>
File: 2smrt.png (117KB, 680x788px) Image search: [Google]
2smrt.png
117KB, 680x788px
>>15769525
>We
>We're
>Us
>Our
Speak for yourself, brainlet.
I'm way to smart for baby tier /lit/ like Shakespeare.
On another note. Shakespeare sounds like a totally rad name for a mecha
>>
>>15769525
xPearse, just kill yourself my man.
>>
>>15769525
Is this pasta?
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.