[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The biggest mistake you can make on this board is to think that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: retards.jpg (173KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
retards.jpg
173KB, 1920x1080px
The biggest mistake you can make on this board is to think that people here take robot anime, or anime in general, seriously.

It may seem that way because of some of the knee-jerk reactions people have to certain topics, like Gurren Lagann or Evangelion, but for the most part you're surrounded by a lot of anime casuals who just wanna get involved in a mix of new and old shitflinging contests.

The truth of the matter is that the majority of the people on /m/ are going to be aware that Evangelion is heavily inspired by Ideon, but most of them won't be able to tell you why because they haven't seen Ideon.

You've got people that actively shit on Gurren Lagann, calling it a Getter Robo rip off, but they haven't checked out either one. They're just jumping in on it because it's the cool or funny thing to do.

You're on a board where the majority of the people think Zambot 3 is a 50 episode series with at least 3 versus movie tie-ins.

That's not to say that the people who take this shit far too seriously don't exist on this board.

After all, I'm here and I clearly spend way too much time indulging in this genre.

But at the end of the day, I can't take any of you seriously.

I look at a lot of posts and I realize that most of you have seen maybe, 10, 20, or 30 shows at best and I just giggle to myself.

If I had to describe you all I think the word I'd use is

amateurs.
>>
Rec me some stuff where the robot battles are similar to Evangelion. I'll check out that Ideon you mentioned.
>>
>>15747489
>You're on a board where the majority of the people think Zambot 3 is a 50 episode series with at least 3 versus movie tie-ins.
What the fuck, I don't even understand this sentence. When has anyone ever thought Zambot 3 was that big
>>
File: COPYRIGHT SAHIB.jpg (181KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
COPYRIGHT SAHIB.jpg
181KB, 1280x720px
>>15747489
Don't just copy paste my posts and use them for (you) grabbing, you shit head.

I swear, everybody wants to be VF-kun but don't nobody want to put in any effort.
>>
>>15747489
Shitposting is not shitposting anymore.
>>
>>15747512
I don't want to be VF-kun, I want to be your partner in life instead.
>>
>>15747512
Who want to have the life of a trig fagger honestly must be sad to be that pathetic
>>
>>15747508
You are the worst kind of cancer.
>>
>>15747512
Your fault for making such a well written post.
>>
All hail VF
>>
>>15747489
>The truth of the matter is that the majority of the people on /m/ are going to be aware that Evangelion is heavily inspired by Ideon, but most of them won't be able to tell you why because they haven't seen Ideon.
The similarities aren't really obvious. I couldn't tell you any of them even though I've seen both.
>>
>>15747512
I don't want to be you I want to be in you.
>>
>>15748108
>The similarities aren't really obvious
Shrieking mecha with a mind of its own that may be influenced by a desire to protect children. A desperate atmosphere that builds overwhelming tension upon the cast as they are forced to deal with each other as they get more and more isolated from the rest of the world until finally their society turns against them and a final battle for survival explodes into the apocalypse and the creation of a new world. I mean obviously not all of that stuff is really all that original, but that's just the general plot similarities.
>>
>>15748186
Thanks, I'm not really that intelligent.
>>
>>15748186
Ideon doesn't really shriek
Ideon doesn't really feel all that desperate due to how overpowered Ideon itself is. Some of the most tense moments of the show are when the buff clan manage to hijack or capture parts of it.
Being isolated from the rest of the world isn't really an element of Eva; you can hardly call SEELE society. They're a cabal.
>>
>>15748278
>Ideon doesn't really shriek
It does a few times, like episode 14
>>
>>15747489
t.Reddit
>>
>>15747489
Yeah, you've probably barely watched anything. Maybe seen a few 80s and 70s shows and thing you're cock of the walk.
>>
>>15748332
He is /m/ elite. Stand down anon. VF is on another level.
>>
>>15748354
OP is a pretender though.
>>
>>15747508
Asuka vs MP Evas is the pinnacle of the style. Nothing comes close for weighty ground-based combat
>>
>>15747661
I'm cancer for liking a certain type of mech fighting? I know people like you hate Eva for a lot of reasons but we're on a board about shows about fighting robots so hating Eva for how it does fighting robots of all things is retarded.
>>
>>15748332
>>15748328

t. fucking casuals that are jealous of VF and his knowledge and were hurt by his words
>>
>>15748614
VF-kun is a rich arab fuck up who pretended to be in his 50s for years. I'd seen Gakusaver before he even mentioned it on this board. He ain't special.
>>
>>15748571
You're cancer if the only thing you can take away from Eva is "mech fighting" and then thinking Ideon is even comparable in that regard when its fights are nothing like Eva.

You're a fucking moron who only cares about robots punching each other and nothing more.

You are cancer.
>>
>>15748635
>bwaaah, please stop liking things!!!!!
Stop posting any time.
>>
>>15748639
>bwaaah, please stop calling me stupid!!!!!
End yourself any time.
>>
>>15748635
>muh DEEP eva
Please, anon, you're much too old for this bullshit. Anyone with a brain knows that one of the best things you CAN take away from Eva is mech fighting, along with the visual design, animation, and score. It's a nice show but if you seriously think that the metaphysical philosophical pseudospiritual burningtrashheap overtones were anything but filler and stylistic dressing, you're a sperg.

This is a board for giant robots. We're not psychology professors here, most of us are actually closer to kung-fu fans who understand that the pursuit of a good fight is enjoyable and respectable in itself, without having to be paired off with thought-provoking "deep" "statements". Likewise, pursuing excellent robot action is not somehow wrong or "stupid", it's fun. Things don't have to be life-changing momentous works of symbolism and craft in order to be enjoyable. Or else maybe you'll be fine if I shut off your TV the next time sports, drama, or comedy comes on, and force you to read Wittgenstein instead.
>>
>>15748659
>compares Ideon to Eva on the basis of robot action

There's nothing "deep" about this, anyone who even makes this sort of comparison is stupid beyond salvation.
>>
>>15748635
>>15748659
I never said the only thing I like about Eva is the robot fighting. I like pretty much everything about it but a lot of people on here hate the show for the stuff outside of the robot fighting. Holy shit I was trying to avoid the shitflinging about the show by asking about the thing the board is about but inadvertently started it because the person that responded to me is someone who actually likes the show.

Also I've never seen Ideon so it wasn't me thinking it was comparable but just taking OP's word on it that the show has some similarities.
>>
>>15748653
I'm not that guy.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.