[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've run out of real robot shows to watch brehs. Give me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 0

I've run out of real robot shows to watch brehs. Give me some anime recommendations.

I love the starship troopers derivatives, blue gender,muv luv etc
Already watched most sunrise shows
>>
>>15745625
>I love the starship troopers derivatives, blue gender,muv luv etc
>Already watched most sunrise shows
>Any of those real robot
Real robot is a buzzword, friend.

That aside, what do you like in a show? Can't recommend you things unless you have some indication of what you like because mecha genre is a pastiche of several genres, themes, and moods.
>>
>>15745632

From my understanding of this board by lurking muv-luv threads, I can't respond to what I like in a show unless i start reading up tv tropes or some shit

I like Evangelion, Stardust Memory, Zeta, Thunderbolt (s1), Gundam Seed until Kira gets the Freedom...shit I even enjoyed Cross Ange and Valvrape

I hate Gundam Wing.

basically, I'll watch anything not terrible as long as it isn't completely boring, like Heroic Age, Macross F or Sidonia
>>
>>15745656
>From my understanding of this board by lurking muv-luv threads, I can't respond to what I like in a show unless i start reading up tv tropes or some shit
The muvluv threads are nothing like the rest of this board, that's why they exist as a containment general.

It sounds like overall you have pretty general tastes and don't have too high of standards, not a knock but if you can stand seed or Valvrave you just have pretty high tolerance for garbage. May I recommend Getter Robo Armageddon if you are in the mood for something with a pretty quick pace and high action, or Daiguard if you want something a little slower.
>>
>>15745669

Honestly, I can't watch super robot series. I've tried mazinger and getter robo before.

While I'm ashamed of enjoying valvrave, damn this >seed is awful meme. It's the best non-UC timeline by far, gundam seed is a great retake on the originals. I try to forget destiny existed, if not for the gunpla
>>
How do you feel about shows that fall in between the "real" "super" descriptors.
Like Fafner, or Zegapain.
>>
>>15745699

I've watched neither.
Are they any good, or a recommendation to pass the time?
>>
>>15745689
>Honestly, I can't watch super robot series. I've tried mazinger and getter robo before.
Literally everything you listed is pretty much Super Robot, especially Gundam. The separation of real and super is an arbitrary one given in Super Robot Wars.

>While I'm ashamed of enjoying valvrave, damn this >seed is awful meme. It's the best non-UC timeline by far, gundam seed is a great retake on the originals.
It's really not. The characters, story, animation, it's all terrible. There is better Non-UC out there, ones that don't have an invincible protagonist with the depth of a puddle. All Seed has going for it is the MS designs are pretty great.

You need to explain what type of show you want, even if you don't enjoy Getter I still recommend Daiguard as its not only a unique series but it's extremely well executed to the point I've yet to see someone who dislikes it. It's the most grounded Super Robot show.

Alternatively since you seem to really like military themed series and prefer lower tech mecha, VOTOMS seems right up your alley. Also Ideon is always a good choice if you enjoy Eva and Zeta.
>>
>>15745707

Already watched votoms, ideon was...a bit too much.

ATHRUN IS THE REAL PROTAGONIST DAMN IT
>>
>>15745709
Then all I can honestly recommend with this very limited criteria is Daiguard, Patlabor, and Dougram. What is it about Super Robots that offends you and isn't in Gundam/Eva?
>>
>tfw I watch incredibly dry borderline intellectual shit and have no shame in embracing my love of Valvrave

Get on my level peasants, you'll never have tastes as incomprehensible as mine at this rate.

And OP, try Yukikaze. The OVA is admittedly a bit of a trip without reading the source literature for context but by the third viewing it'll make sense, and if not it'll be quite the unique brainfuck straddling the line between real and imaginary.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.