[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Meet enemy commander for probably not even an hour >Literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

>Meet enemy commander for probably not even an hour
>Literally talk about nothing but kebab sauce and killing each other as he holds Kira at gunpoint
>NOOOOOOO I DIDNT WANT TO KILL HIM

Am I watching a parody?
>>
File: 1110048506407.jpg (62KB, 720x536px) Image search: [Google]
1110048506407.jpg
62KB, 720x536px
>>15741710
Depends, did you watch the american edit?
>>
>>15741710
kebabs are serious business man
>>
Dude was maximum pleb anyway, everybody knows garlic sauce is the best.
>>
>>15741710 (OP)
>HIS NAME WAS ANDY!
>HE LOVED TO EAT KEBABS WITH YOGURT SAUCE!
>>
Everyone forgets what gave Ral such a large impact whenever they make clones of him.
>>
>>15741710
It's still nothing compared to Banana's 'I CAN'T DO IT!' in regards to taking out a mass murdering terrorist who was vaporising babies right in front of him when his only interaction with her previously was literally just saying 'Hello' to her.
>>
>>15741769

The empathy factor inherent in newtype to newtype interactions at least provides an excuse. It would be infinitely harder to shoot someone if you've just felt exactly what they were feeling. That's the power of UNDERSTANDING.
>>
>>15741719
Why did the put neon lights on the guns? Does CN really think it makes the less violent if they shoot lasers or something?
>>
drowning food in sauce is just a fine that food is flavorless garbage
>>
>>15741785
Bruh, kebab is delicious
>>
>>15741783
Deadpool's guns always switch to lasers everytime he gets into a kids show (Ultimate Spiderman[?], Marvel Disk Wars)
>>
>>15741754
What was that anon?
>>
>>15741976

deadpool was created by rob liefeld and exists in a crazy universe with sci fi shit left and right. He's used big 90s guns just as much in the comics as he has in tv
>>
REMOVE KEBAB
>>
>>15742332
Kek
>>
>>15741783
Cartoon network thought it was too violent for children so they heavily censored it. Done the same thing to pretty much every anime they are
>>
>>15742362
Wasn't Gundam Wing completely untouched?
>>
>>15741710
You gotta try this yogurt sauce.
>>
>>15741780

You know, this is something I never understood about Banagher. Banagher has - within a few days - seen his home colony set on fucking fire. His friends have been turned to ash all over again. Now he's watching it happen a second time, but this time he's in a God-Machine.

It's like if Batman saw a dude about to shoot someone's parents in an alley. The response should be a berserk fury, instead of a "Oh no, I feel so bad for the mass-murdering girl."
>>
>>15742370
If replacing every mention of death or killing with "destroy" is untouched then sure.
>>
>>15742370
Wing was much less graphic in violence, and at the time they weren't so anal about needing to edit shows.

For example, Lady Une getting shot by Tsubarov was completely bloodless and amounted to a scene of her getting pierced by a not very detailed yellow streak while she keeps a straight face the entire time.

https://youtu.be/EVf0hFO3Jrw?t=1195

She falls unconscious and is later rescued offscreen by her troops, who exfiltrate her from the hostile base she was in. At no point was there any visible bleeding or pain in the scene. There are actually god rays shining on her in the end scene and it's literally depicting her sleeping peacefully with a smile on her face.

https://youtu.be/EVf0hFO3Jrw?t=1321
>>
>>15741780
>feeling more empathy for the Zeek terrorist scum than the victims

If anything, you'd think being able to sense the pain and terror of those women and children getting vaporized would make someone MORE inclined to shooting the fucker doing the killing rather than the opposite.

I mean, look at Zeta when Reccoa and the Titans gassed that colony. Kamille felt the deaths of those people and immediately flew into a murderous rage, slaughtering Titans left and right and nearly killing Reccoa, and Reccoa was someone he knew and liked, not some random Zeek terrorist he said a few words to and probably only knew for all of five minutes.
>>
>>15742463
Dub Heero still said "I'll kill you" in dialogue.

I do recall the dub having Duo say he was the "great destroyer" instead of god of death, though.
>>
>>15742526
>Dub Heero still said "I'll kill you" in dialogue.
Midnight Run yeah
daytime version was "I'll destroy you"
>>
>>15742362
What age group is gundam aimed at? I'm not really sure how Japan does age ratings, but they seem to be fairly lax about violence and nudity in media in general.
>>
>>15742617
Back in the 80s and 90s Gundam was aimed at children. Nowadays Gundam is aimed at teens and manchildren who grew up with the original 80s shows who are in their 40s. It's a really weird demographic because new kids don't care about Gundam these days.
>>
>>15742526

Dub Heero is Dub Terry Bogard
>>
>>15742646
Well I was thinking about what spefic age of children (I guess slightly older ones ie. 10-15ish) but I think the manchild audience was a thing by the time the first OVAs came out.
>>
>>15742646
Is that why Felcher Gundam was so popular that it reinvigorated Gundam's appeal in the West?
>>
In all seriousness, even the smallest interaction with the enemy diminishes your desire to kill them. Look up the Christmas Truce.
>>
>>15742805
I don't think that's really comparable. The Christma Truce involved a completely locked stalemate over No Man's Land with both sides on the brink of suicidal madness because of the most horrendous conditions you could possibly imagine. The men surrounded by rotting comrades, shit, piss and dwindling food supplies. The truce that followed had those men on both sides share food, their life stories, played football, talked about how they want to go home and see their families again. It's a lot more emotionally impactful than "kebab is better with yogurt sauce."
>>
>>15741980
That he died like a bitch? That he was super fucking salty about losing despite his cool speech about meeting again on the battlefield? That he and his wife both wanted to take turns turning Amuro into their personal cum sock? That his death was a turning point for Amuro but it didn't define his entire life and he didn't see it as some great tragedy that a guy he met for five minutes in a cafe was trying to kill him; it was just another in a long line of PTSD incidents? That his Monopoly games were the stuff of legend?
>>
>>15741783

They wanted a Y7 rating so little kids would watch and want to buy the figures.

Minor's handling realistic firearms or being pointed at them is an isntant PG rating in the US
>>
>>15743062
It's the way of the de-zart after all
>>
>>15743180
Ah yes the de-zart, reminds me of earth's other phenomenons, like lit-ning.
>>
>>15743062
>That his Monopoly games were the stuff of legend?
Tell me more
>>
>>15742437
Unfortunately UNDERSTANDING goes both ways. Since he's reaching out to Loni, he's being influenced to be passive by her psycommu.
>>
>>15741780
It's still a pretty lame excuse when you don't even fucking try to do it
Banana is what happens when you try to fill in the blanks of a protagonist with "He pilots a Gundam!", "He's a Newtype!" and "War is bad!"
>>15742437
That'ss because Banana's personality/motives are based on what's around him rather than having a character.

The only reason he got involved in the whole thing is because he desperately needed to follow Minerva around, even when she told him to go away.

Jesus Christ.
>>15742654
In the third movie, Matt Hill (Kira Yamato) plays the antagonist.
>>
>>15741783
>Does CN really think it makes the less violent if they shoot lasers or something?
Yes, they do. Lots of kids cartoons just have zap-guns instead of regular guns because that's less violent somehow. You get stuff like street cops using laser pistols in both the 90s Spider-Man cartoon as well as Spectacular Spider-Man.
>>
>>15745436
> Can't show real guns
> But rayguns that kill just as well are fine
I don't understand censoring.
>>
>>15741710
Kira and Andrew were newtypes, you dingus.
>>
>>15745450
It doesn't make any sense but it makes soccer moms shut up, so they do it anyway.
>>
Don't shit on Andrew, he's a cool guy.
>>
>>15745460
Andrew is clearly a Ramba Ral clone, except unlike Ral he's a garbage character we don't care for.
>>
>>15742370
Toonami cut was edited but they aired an "uncut" version on Adult Swim.
>>
>>15742877
It's just the most famous example. Did you know in the beginning of the Civil War, almost no one died? It was intentional, they didn't really want to kill each other, one side would just run away if too overwhelmed.

Then everything changed. The First Battle of Bull Run was the bloodiest day in American history up to that point, with massive traumatic casualties on both sides. Blood begets blood, and from then on in the war, what the average soldier was fighting for was to avenge their fallen brothers.
>>
>>15742526
Dub Duo still calls himself the god of death.
>>
>>15742728
Wasn't IBO a ratings black hole for Toonami?
>>
>>15741710
Andrew did spare his life. It really just shoved the idea that he had killed someone in his face.

Show would have made more sense if he was a newtype, instead he was an empathetic teenager
>>
>>15742508

Seed was weirdly gory all things told
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.