[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm playing Vanguard Bandits. I decided to try the Empire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: title.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
title.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
I'm playing Vanguard Bandits. I decided to try the Empire route over with first since the requirements to enter it were more strict.

I know that there are two endings based on which waifu you pick. Which one is the better girl, /m/? Or has the cooler mech, that's a bit more important.
>>
>>15741444
This might help you a bit.
http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/psx/vanguard/
>>
Cecilia is best girl in Empire route by a thousand miles. Sadria is a tsundere bitch. Even the old lady is better than her.
>>
>>15741444
>SOOO FOLLOW THE VOICE WITHIN YOUR SOUL
>LEADING YOU TO THAT LOFTY GOAL
>>
>>15741444
meido
>>
File: BEST GIRL.jpg (68KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
BEST GIRL.jpg
68KB, 640x480px
It's cheesy as all hell, but I love this scene so much. I don't want to do the Sadira route at all. I'll probably skip it.
>>
How's this game? Never really heard much about it.
>>
>>15749337
It's pretty easy as far as strategy game goes. There is little to customization and last boss can be cheesed by ganging up on him.
>>
>>15749337
It's a competent SRPG. Nothing too special, but it has medieval style mechs. It's not overly difficult, but it gives enough of a challenge, and beyond trying to get into the Empire route (where the main character needs to be level 8 by the end of the 3rd mission) and trying to keep everyone's levels relatively equal, there's no elaborate grinding necessary. The main challenge of battles is trying to minimize your FP points while maxing out the enemy's FP so you can hit them for extra damage. Each battle is an hour at most, maybe 45 minutes on average.

There are 3 major routes. 2 of the routes (Kingdom and Empire) have multiple endings, and the last route is only playable after beating the game once. From what I hear, they are all pretty different, but I've only played the Empire route so far.

The plot of the Empire route is pretty okay: trying to clean out corruption in the Empire, showing that the traditional good guys are a bunch of assholes in their army too, and the playable characters stay a small, tight-knit group throughout the whole game. Most of the those characters are flat, but they all have their moments that make them likable enough. Even Sadira got likable eventually. Two exceptions are Bastion, who has a bit of a character arc, and Cecilia who is a top grade ninja maid waifu.

Note that since it's been localized by Working Designs, some of the dialogue was liberally translated. You get the ancient equivalent of modern day memes in the translation, such as Star Wars references and silly dialects.
>>
>>15749622
I remember Sandra saying blanks in her ending. That's definitely not intentional.
>>
>>15749622
Pretty good review, anon.
I loved Working Designs back in the day because they were different and fun and you could tell they really cared about their work, but a lot of their games don't hold up as well due to the localization and how dated they are now.

Dragon Force is still my jam, though.
>>
>>15749622
Puck is also goddamn hilarious in the Ruin route's ending.
>oh hey, this ATAC might be useful
>proceeds to tear the Empire's upper management a new one
>>
>>15741444
What's the best emulator to play this on?
>>
>>15741444
You reminded me this was on the backlog, I started yesterday and its been pretty fun so far.
The 90s anime influence is strong as he'll though.

>>15754875
I'm playing it on my phone through epsxe but for best results I'd use pcsxr.
You'll have to download and confogure plugins yourself though.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.