[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Lalah sune was like a mother to me Seriously? That

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 5

File: blzXr6z.png (648KB, 1328x720px) Image search: [Google]
blzXr6z.png
648KB, 1328x720px
>Lalah sune was like a mother to me

Seriously? That was it? Mommy issues?
>>
File: char4.jpg (78KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
char4.jpg
78KB, 1280x800px
>>15741316
And daddy issues too
>"muh fathers ideals"
>>
>>15741316
Shit writing
>>
>>15741316
Char is a sociopath who self-justifies his actions.

This is evident since at least the very end of 0079.
>>
>>15741422
if he was he wouldn't have put his life on the line so many times
>>
>>15741316
>Not going full Tomino
Now go watch Brain Powerd
>>
>>15741422
I'm not buying it, in Zeta he's a genuine bro who doesn't do anything wrong except letting righteous anger overwhelm his rationality.
>>
>>15741316
>>15741334
His father was murdered when he was a child and his mother was taken away from him against their will shortly afterwards. I think anyone would have issues.
>>
>>15741588
>Evades responsibility all show
>Didn't do anything wrong
I'm not saying that dropping an asteroid on earth wasn't a bit of a leap, but he was far from
role model.
>>
>>15741316
All humans are children.

This is the message of Char's story.
>>
>>15741588
>he's a genuine bro
He's also a genuine bro to a purple haired faggot before he baited him to die.
>>
>>15741422
>sociopath
>>15741316
>mommy issues
>>15741334
>daddy issues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k0SmqbBIpQ
>>
Char is like Charlie Sheen and Amuro is the brother (Alan?) from Two and a Half Men.

>>15741427
He didn't say he was an intelligent sociopath.

>>15741558
>Not going full Tomino
This makes the most sense, actually lel.

>>15741588
You'll (hopefully) get over it; I initially was out of my mind pissed off that all his development in Zeta was seemingly shoved just to "wrap up" the story of 0079.
>>
>>15741966

What story is there to have wrapped up from 0079? Char's Counterattack only wrapped up things it itself introduced, not dangling plot or character threads that weren't resolved in 0079 itself.
>>
>>15741815
I always had the impression that he didn't dislike Garma, it's just that hurting the rest of the Zabis with his death mattered most, at the time.
>>
>>15741971
I meant that as in Char and Amuro's relationship/rivalry.
>>
>>15741316
>Surprised Gundam characters are shit
>>
>>15742063

Which was already wrapped up in 0079. And Zeta too. Char's Counterattack didn't wrap up anything loose about their relationship, only introduced the idea Char felt closure was necessary over Lalah again and then wrapped up the idea it itself introduced. Zeta left Char's whereabouts a mystery, but neither 0079 or Zeta left his relationship with Amuro open and needing something else.
>>
>>15742083
You're not telling me anything I don't already know. Tomino or Sunrise executives apparently felt it was necessary, however.
>>
>>15741316
Think of the context of the conversation. They were talking about how Quess was fucked up because she had no father figure and Char is saying that he was similar because Lalah was dead, plus he even says he wishes Lalah was there to guide him earlier in the movie
>>
>>15741316
Think Mother Teresa, he thought Lala was the greatest newtype ever and she would lead all humanity into the future. Then she died, and Char had spend the rest of his life trying to find a replacement.
>>
>>15741665
How exactly is Char going to the front lines to fight for his spacenoid freedom avoiding responsibility? Char doesn't like leading, he didn't want to lead the AEUG, so he didn't do so until he was forced.
>>
>>15742350

Char is the only person in AEUG who can legitimately claim to be a son of Zeon Zum Deikun. He's willing to fight for AEUG, willing to die for them, but not willing to lend them his name or be himself with them. It doesn't matter if he likes leading or not, because responsibility is almost defined by doing things you don't like for a greater good. Duty isn't about liking something, it's about doing it regardless of whether you like it because it's necessary to do.
>>
>>15742083
>only introduced the idea Char felt closure was necessary over Lalah again. Neither 0079 or Zeta left his relationship with Amuro open and needing something else.
See, you are not incapable of making correct observations. Now you just need to put some though in it. Hint: For a start you can get rid of that again.
>>
>>15741316
>Mommy issues
What does this even mean?
>>
>>15742436

Anon, your obtuse exercise in trying to make a discussion homework for the other party is pointless. If you have a point, just make it. Trying to make the other party follow a vague lead to arrive at your conclusion instead of actively participating is just tiresome.
>>
>>15742425
And half the AEUG are made up of EFSF soldiers. Mean while Neo Zeon is collecting it's forces in the background and Char screaming muh Zeon isn't going to help any.

Char understands that he is better working behind the scenes than as a figure head. If you watch CCA he utterly hates the Zeon hurrah bullshit and finds it exhausting. He's a natural spy not a natural leading. He's more effective on the Aghama taking out the Titan's best units than he is giving speeches he has no interest in. If anything him taking charge would justify the Titans even more by saying "The AEUG is a Zeon rebel group lead by Char. We're trying to stop them from dropping another colony on Earth.
>>
>>15742425
Responsibility is answering for the consequences of your actions. No one has the right to force you to do something you don't believe is right.
>>
>>15741316
>Seriously? That was it? Mommy issues?

Yep that was it. Char is the quintessential manchild, that explains all the shit he pulls out until the day he goes newtype ghost. And even that doesn't change his nature. Manchild he was in life, manchild he is after death.
>>
>>15741815
>a genuine bro
He pities him, looks down on him, and constantly uses him to further his own ends.

He was never a bro to Garma, how the fuck can you even say this shit.
>>
>>15742269
Too many people like to take out the dialogue out of context so that they can make shitposts on /m/ about how Char, Zeta, Gundam, Tomino, etc. is all shit or stupid or whatever. Either that or they were barely paying attention and spacing out until that piece of dialogue caught their attention
>>
>>15742442
What I am saying is that his feelings for Lalah were never resolved and you have no reason to think they were.
>>
>>15742445

Char screaming "muh Zeon" patently would help though, because for a start it might convince a large portion of the other Zeon to reconsider their allegiances and we already know it made the Federation forces reconsider their actions. Just because he likes being in the background more doesn't mean squat, because leading isn't, or at least shouldn't be about whether you like it or not. The show itself suggests he is more useful giving speeches than he is piloting a mobile suit, if for no other reason that no-one else could have had so much presence at Dakar. Pilots are a dime a dozen, AEUG has plenty of them. Leaders not so much, especially ones with Char's heritage and charisma.

>>15742447

He did believe it was right though. He wouldn't be fighting for AEUG if he didn't believe they were right. He wasn't not doing it because he didn't believe in their cause.
>>
>>15742467
`
Zeta. There, that's all the reason I need to think they were resolved. His feelings for Lalah weren't a dangling plot thread at the end of 0079 though. We know what his feelings were, we don't need to devote a story just to sorting them out, because not every micro-second of a characters life needs to be portrayed to wrap them up.
>>
>>15742470
>He did believe it was right though. He wouldn't be fighting for AEUG if he didn't believe they were right. He wasn't not doing it because he didn't believe in their cause.
They were fighting for equal human rights and they were trying to resolve the spacenoid problem in some way. As the series progressed it became more apparent that the way Char envisioned this should happen was different that their.
Char despises politics. For him politics are a bunch of old maids that do nothing but talk. If the AEUG believed that the current political situation could be resolved diplomatically to him it was nothing more but this sort of easygoing attitude. In this sense a leader is just a figurehead that is there to look cool and give pretty speeches. I think that was made pretty clear in the dialogue.
>>
>>15742470
Pilots of Fa's quality are a dime a dozen but you're not dealing with EFSF grunts here. The Titans were an ace corps, they were the best of the best and that means they will wreck average pilots.
>>
>>15742474
>His feelings for Lalah weren't a dangling plot thread at the end of 0079 though.
I disagree.
>Zeta
He makes peace with Amuro. It's not because his feeling are resolved but because he doesn't dislike Amuro and because he is trying to take his life in a different direction. But the end of Zeta it is pretty clear that this has failed though.
>>
>>15742502

All the more reason for him to take the head then, because being disgusted by the way others lead means nothing if you just stand there and let them do it. Not that I think there's much in the show to indicate he sees a difference in what AEUG wants or how they'll go about it compared to what he wants.

>>15742504

Char didn't get wrecked as much as Fa, but he wasn't exactly a top tier ace within the show either. Nor did he do much more than divert the few actual aces within the Titans either. They might advertise themselves as the best of the best, but that certainly wasn't their portrayal. Which is besides the point anyway: if he was an effective leader then his presence on the battlefield wouldn't be missed since he could prevent battles happening with his leadership. Or he could just do what he did in show, which is both lead and pilot.
>>
>>15742521

> I disagree.

His feelings for Lalah or how he's resolved them is no more clear by the end of Char's Counterattack than by the end of 0079.

> He makes peace with Amuro

He makes peace with Lalah's death too. He decides to stay in the Earthsphere where he can feel her presence because he doesn't like not feeling her, but he shows no bitterness or angst when he talks about her. He might never get over her death (and who does over any loved one frankly), but Zeta portrays someone who has accepted it.
>>
>>15742523
You do understand that distracting Titans best pilots in their prototypes is not something any one can do right? Char's newtype powers let him survive Amuro which no one else does.

>>15742539
He stays on Earth because Lalah's ghost is in space. That's why she is taunting Amuro in CCA and we see her ghost in Unicorn in space.
>>
>>15742523
He sees becoming a leader as being losing his freedom and being a clown. Don't forget you are watching a series about relationships and not about politics.
If you say
>that is all the more reason for him to take the head
that is what he does eventually, but understand social dynamics, please. Char was a part of AEUG as group and he felt pressured to obey them in order to feel accepted by them. People are not robots. They have the need to belong to their community. He felt that if he disagreed with the AEUG he would be rejected.Remember that he didn't have any close relationships at the time or at all. He was always something of a social outcast. Consider the effect that could have on one's confidence.
>>
>>15742562

Distracting Titans best pilots could honestly be Fa's job title. Or Emma. Char kept up with Amuro for a while later in life, but he comes across as both a stronger newtype in Char's Counterattack and a better pilot with a lot more practice.

Amuro is the one who stays on Earth because he's afraid of Lalah's ghost, not Char. Char came back to the Earthsphere to feel her presence and seems comfortable with just that much.

>>15742574

It doesn't matter if he sees becoming a leader as a bad thing, because again, doing it despite disliking it is practically the definition of responsibility and duty. Just because the show isn't about politics doesn't mean it can't portray politicians. If that was the case Char's Counterattack wouldn't exist.

> understand social dynamics please

I understand why he didn't thanks; that doesn't change what my judgement of the character and themes of the show are because he wouldn't. You seem to be taking this whole thing as personal judgement of him as a person, rather than my judgement of what his actions mean for him within the show and what they make his character.
>>
>>15742599
>doing it despite disliking it is practically the definition of responsibility and duty.
I disagree. As I said nobody has a "duty" to do something they believe is wrong. That is the opposite of responsibility. HE DID NOT BELEIVE THEY WERE RIGHT. What part of this is hard to understand? He did not agree with them. It's not about likes or dislikes. He thought they were wrong. He only considered going along with them because of peer-pressure. If he agreed to stay as their leader that would be the exact opposite of responsibility.
>>
>>15742599
>Making bad decisions because other people want you to is being responsible.

This is incorrect. Char decided he was better suited to being a pilot than leading a political movement. He had seen what his father's politics have brought and how corrupted they were.

It's the reason why so many companies are fucked up. It's assumed that because you're good at working in your department that you will be good managing that department. As such people get promoted until the point where they're no longer successful and then just stagnate there.

Char gives his speech and then returns back to the front lines to deal with Haman (his responsibility). The AEUG continues to be lead by the same powers that always lead it, but now Char is known as part of it.
>>
>>15742622
I disagree on peer pressure. It's more that they just got fucked and were risking the collapse of the AEUG now it's figure heads had gone. There were few options to push to the front and even fewer they could immediately use. Char is there at the right time so they use him
>>
>>15742628
They bullied him into giving a speech. They almost made him cry.
>>
>>15742622

> What part of this is hard to understand

The whole thing. He fought for them and fully seemed to believe their cause was righteous. I don't recall anything in Zeta indicating he thought their cause was wrong.

>>15742624

> Char becoming a leader because his heritage lends him a unique charisma is the same as the Peter principle

Not really. The Peter principle is promoting people beyond their qualification and then not demoting them or otherwise occupying them when they prove unsuitable because either no-one in a position to do something realizes there's a problem or they don't want to take something away from a person that has been given to them. Char was refusing to see whether the position was a fit because of his personal demons and fears. Once he did take command he was, at worst, decent and tempered by the help of other AEUG personnel. Also, Char never deals with Haman. He literally runs away and lets a bunch of kids deal with her.
>>
>>15742643
He didn't believe their cause was wrong. He believed that the way they are doing it is not going to work.
>>
>>15742643
So that's why Char is trying to kill Haman in the final episode before the AEUG is destroyed down to the literal last ship.

Yea man, Char cut and run there. When the entire army was wiped out and he now had possession of Minerva and WAS BEING RESPONSIBLE by hiding her away. It's almost as if Char took the Zeon figure her, took her away from Haman and if she didn't have a fake one would have completely removed any legitimacy Neo Zeon had.
>>
>>15742650

Again, I don't recall anything suggesting that either.

>>15742651

When he tried and it didn't work he ran, leaving a bunch of kids to sort it out in his place. He never had possession of Mineva. And no, a video game cut scene is not proof he did.
>>
>>15742655
Animated cut scene in an official game says he did.
>>
>>15742660

Animated cut scenes in game aren't canon, regardless of who makes the game.
>>
>>15742666
Neither is ZZ
>>
>>15742655
>Again, I don't recall anything suggesting that either.
Again, he directly states that being the a politicians means "losing one's freedom" and "being a clown". You seem to refuse to think about what this means and just say he "disliked it".
"Losing one's freedom" means not being able to do what you want you want to do. It shows that he did not believe he would be allowed to do what he personally considered to be right.
"Being a clown" means pretending to do something without actually doing it. It shows that he did not believe that he would have actual power.
Both are a part of larger themes that are discussed throughout the show.
>>
>>15742669

Char isn't in ZZ, so it hardly matters for the purposes of this discussion whether it is or not. Zeta ends with him abandoning his suit after a defeat, Char's Counterattack picks up years later with no mention of Mineva or anything to do with Haman beyond Char condemning her use of the Zeon name. As far as that story is concerned he had nothing to do with Mineva. If you want to believe otherwise that's fine, but neither of those entries was written with the intention that he did so.

>>15742671

Being a leader is a really good way to change a groups methods. Even if you are made a figurehead that doesn't mean you have no power or that you can't take the power you should have as leader despite what others want. It's hard work, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible. Char felt being a leader was a bad thing, but that has nothing to do with his opinion of AEUG's goals or their way of achieving them; only about the idea of himself leading. Losing one's freedom doesn't inherently have anything to do with whether you lose the ability to do what you feel is right by the way, only a lose of the ability to do what you want. Which is separate from what you feel is right.
>>
Char is a faggot and a sociopath, what else is new
>>
>>15742687
>Even if you are made a figurehead that doesn't mean you have no power or that you can't take the power you should have as leader despite what others want.
Here we go, round and round. I already explained to you why Char didn't consider that a viable option.
>Char felt being a leader was a bad thing, but that has nothing to do with his opinion of AEUG's goals or their way of achieving them
As I said those are a part of the broader themes of the show. I was not making their definitions up but pointing out what they mean within context. Why are you trying to deny he looked down on EF's government for the above mentioned reasons? How this government is a result of basic flaws in human psychology is discussed at length. This idea is very clearly what motivates his aggression against the EF in CCA. Why do you refuse to acknowledge this? Why in the world would I believe that he could have though in his wildest dreams that encouraging this sort of government was right in any way?
> Losing one's freedom doesn't inherently have anything to do with whether you lose the ability to do what you feel is right by the way, only a lose of the ability to do what you want. Which is separate from what you feel is right.
Some people are not fond of the distinction. Char is one of them.
>>
>>15742719

> I already explained to you why Char didn't consider that a viable option

And I already explained that I'm not even faulting him as a character for not doing so, but extrapolating what that means for how the character is viewed.

> Why are you trying to deny he looked down on the EF's government

I'm not. I'm trying to deny that he looked down on AEUG since I think the show and cast make a distinction between them and they're not viewed as one and the same.
>>
>>15742727
The AEUG are essentially a part of the EF. What they were trying to do is win back their favor. They were also pretty optimistic about being able to resolve the conflict as peacefully as possible in this way.
>And I already explained that I'm not even faulting him as a character for not doing so, but extrapolating what that means for how the character is viewed.
If your argument boils down to "It was his duty to magically fix everything" this is not a responsibility he was trying to escape but simply something he was incapable of doing. This is not a failure he ever tried to deny.
>>
>>15742776

> What they were trying to do is win back their favor

No, it isn't. Primarily because they never lost their favor in the first place. They are trying to stop the Titans and prevent the kind of actions that led to them in the first place.

> If your argument boils down to "It was his duty to magically fix everything"

It doesn't, nor did I ever suggest he could magically fix everything; only that him leading could improve AEUGs chances of achieving their objective.
>>
>>15742811
>Primarily because they never lost their favor in the first place.
The AEUG are primarily members of the EF.
>They are trying to stop the Titans
Thus effectively restoring the EF to the state it was before the Titans.
>and prevent the kind of actions that led to them in the first place.
In what way?

>It doesn't
You are suggesting that he should have assumed leadership of the AEUG and done entirely on his own something that he believed they wouldn't have wanted to do.
>>
>>15742856

> The AEUG are primarily members of the EF.

Yes, and they didn't split because they lost the favor of the EF.

> Thus effectively restoring the EF to the state it was before the Titans.

It could be. It could also be a different state than before the Titans.

>In what way?

Dakar.

> You are suggesting that he should have assumed leadership of the AEUG and done entirely on his own something that he believed they wouldn't have wanted to do.

None of which is code for "magically fix everything", though frankly I still don't think he wanted something incompatible with the AEUG goals or methods an am only including that as a note that even if he felt that way he could still effect change from the top if he took that position.
>>
>>15742890
>Dakar.
i.e. giving pretty speeches and being optimistic.
>I still don't think he wanted something incompatible with the AEUG methods
The predominating mood at the time was that you can fix everything by just being positive.
>even if he felt that way he could still effect change from the top if he took that position
Even if he felt that he couldn't have effected a change in their way of thinking he should have tried to effect a change in their way of thinking?
>>
>>15742470
>Pilots are a dime a dozen, AEUG has plenty of them
They're frequently short on pilots, imo. Why else do you think they let Kamille, Fa and Katz get away with all that shit?
>>
>>15742933

> i.e. giving pretty speeches and being optimistic.

i.e. wanting to change the EF as well as defeat the Titans.

> The predominating mood at the time was that you can fix everything by just being positive

Not really. Amuro, Hayato and others are over joyed that Char's speech appeared to be having the desired effect but none of them act like it's a magical fix on it's own or everything will work out just because of one speech.

> Even if he felt that he couldn't have effected a change

No, even if he felt that all they wanted was a pawn.
>>
>>15742655
>Again, I don't recall anything suggesting that either.
Char is shown frequently disagreeing with the AEUG's strategies throughout the show. In one of Wong Lee's earliest appearance, Char is arguing with him over invading Jaburo vs. staying in space and going after Gryps, and in later dialogue with Amuro after the Dakar speech tries to say that they should be trying to figure out how to move humanity back out into space
>When he tried and it didn't work he ran
Well what else did you expect him to do. The AEUG was already making all the wrong moves back in Zeta due to Anaheim's influence, and by ZZ its pretty much decimated as an organization, a shell of its former self. Char instead decided to spend his time starting his own movement behind the scenes
>>
>>15742687
>Char felt being a leader was a bad thing
He felt being a leader was a farce when most of the decision-making was out of his hands
>>
>>15742996
>i.e. wanting to change the EF as well as defeat the Titans.
through giving pretty speeches and being optimistic.
> but none of them act like it's a magical fix on it's own or everything will work out just because of one speech
Of course not, and neither is Char, though some people obviously try to make him out to be. The problem is different. They believed that people can appeal to people through reason. Tomino has pretty much dedicated his career to exploring the cognitive gaps in human intellect but that is not something people understand very well intuitively. This is also one of the cognitive gaps our intellect. We perceive ourselves as rational.

>even if he felt that all they wanted was a pawn
He didn't feel they wanted a pawn. They wanted someone who genuinely believed what they believed but he wasn't that person. He couldn't bring himself to believe what they believed so it would be unfair of him to insist that they should believe what he believes.
>>
>>15742539
>He might never get over her death but Zeta portrays someone who has accepted it.
As I said he was just trying for something different in Zeta but it didn't pan out the way he hoped.
>>
>>15743022

> through giving pretty speeches and being optimistic

You asked for an example of ways they wanted to change the EF, I posted one. AEUG didn't just want things to go back to a status quo, they wanted to stop the Titans and push for people to move in to space. Just because you think Char disagreed with their beliefs or methods doesn't mean they weren't looking to change things beyond getting rid of the Titans.

> They believed that people can appeal to people through reason

Well war wasn't really working out for them in breaking the ties between the Titans and the Earth Federation, so something else was probably worth a try. The fact it worked was probably worth some celebration too.

> He couldn't bring himself to believe what they believed so it would be unfair of him to insist that they should believe what he believes

Why would they need to? It's not like he told his underlings in Zeon what he really believed? He didn't tell his underlings in Neo Zeon at least some of his actions and probably his beliefs too.
>>
>>15743071
>doesn't mean they weren't looking to change things beyond getting rid of the Titans.
Of course. I don't think I said that. Is I said what they did was try to resolve the issue without compromising anyone's situation. No one argues that violence isn't bad.
>The fact it worked was probably worth some celebration too.
That is probably a subject of a different discussion.
>Why would they need to?
And thus we are approaching a really shady moral place. Of course we can't really understand Char's characterization without exploring the depths of moral ambiguity but to answer your question as concisely as I can - it would be bad if they didn't.
>>
>>15742470
I legitimately think you did not watch Zeta.

>Half of the AEUG are ex-EF soldiers, officers, and pilots
>Char announces his true identity
>Half the group realizes they're fighting with a man that is personally responsible for the death of hundreds of their comrades and probably rebel or defect
>Titans get legitimacy in their actions against the AEUG, stating it's just another faction of Zeon

Why did you think Amuro purposely did not out Char during the series?
>>
>>15743110
>Why did you think Amuro purposely did not out Char
Out of respect. And your whole scenario is worthless when Char did reveal his identity during his Dakar speech and the only thing that changed for the AEUG after that was that the Titans lost official support from the Federation since they showed no disregard for the city and almost hit the chamber full of Federation delegates and officials.
>>
>>15743110
>Titans get legitimacy in their actions against the AEUG, stating it's just another faction of Zeon

Wait wat. Federation disavowed Titans right after the Dakar speech and gave its full support to the AUEG not only for stopping Titans but the Neo Zeon uprising as well.
>>
>>15741422

Or you are just covering for the shit writing behind Tomino's insane woman loathing mentality?
>>
>>15745030
>not siding with the New Desides and following around a strange man in sunglasses from Side 3 named Saotome
>>
>>15745030
>gave its full support to the AUEG
This never happened
>>
>>15745389
Not real military and economic support. It was more like "our thoughts and prayers are with you".
>>
>>15745393
Well that's not exactly "full" support then is it
>>
>>15745030
If by full support you mean, "I guess we'll stop trying to kill you."
>>
>>15745558
It is for the feddies
>>
>>15741316
Pepple always quote CCA like it's bad dialogue but if you'd seen the movie you'd know Amuro was having the same reactions through the whole thing.
>>
>>15745597
>>15745714
I know for a fact that the Federation stopped holding joint operations with the Titans, like when Lila's unit assisted Jerid's unit. For the final battle of Zeta, the Titans had to threaten Side 3 into providing support ships for them to resupply with, there are screenshots of former Principality of Zeon cruisers next to Titans ships near the end of the series somewhere, because the EFF sure as hell weren't resupplying the Titans.
>>
>>15745846
Dropping support for the Titans =/= full support of AEUG. I am not disputing the former, but the latter. The Federation's attitude throughout Zeta and most of ZZ towards the AEUG or its goals was never one of support. The way the Federation's leaders acted during the Dublin arc should've showed you as much. At best you could say they were reintegrated into the regular federation forces and some members of the AEUG were tapped into Londo Bell, which served the same function as what the Titans were supposed to be doing of policing the space colonies, but with a nicer public image
>>
>>15745766
>Lalah Sune?! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>15745991
More like
>Lalah could have become a mother to me! You killed her! Don't you feel the pain even now?
>Lalah? Isn't that a girl's name?
>>
>>15745766
was he. Sounded more like he suddenly understood everything.
>>
>>15741588
In Zeta he's literally putting on an act. Which is why he refuses to reveal his identity and stepup as a leader even though everyone important knows who he really is. The entire scene where he's on the stage with a spotlight on him is pretty telling. Zeta is about Char struggling between his true identity and the role he's been playing for the sake of Kamille (and mostly Kamille, since people like Blex and Bright blatantly know who he is from the start).

CCA is really simple. In MSG after meeting Lalah he becomes enamored with newtypes and believes they'll just be used as weapons of war. Which is why when Sayla meets him later in Texas she accuses him of wanting to literally wipe out all oldtypes. Despite talking about oldtypes as if they were devils Char says he's not that nuts and he just wants newtypes to be able to live without being controlled.

CCA is pointing out that he really is that nuts.
>>
>>15745930
The feddies still gave Karaba and the AEUG GM IIIs. Despite the Federation officially being the manufacturers only Karaba and AEUG fielded them in ZZ IIRC.
>>
>>15751614
Exactly this. Glad someone aligns with my points I post over and over again in these damn Char threads.
>>
>>15751716
What points?
Other than barely providing any sort of explanation how does >>15751614 contradict >>15741588.
>>
>>15751614
>CCA is pointing out that he really is that nuts.
How? By making the Earth uninhabitable he can force earthnoids to flee. And so their next generation would evolve into newtypes sooner or later.
>>
>>15751788
In his last moments wasn't he a babbling baby crying about how he just lived to kill amuro and amuro was making it hard for him?
>>
>>15751796
No?
>>
>>15751788
>And so their next generation would evolve into newtypes sooner or later.

Nope. Even by G-Reco timeline Newtype is regarded as a mythical figure and only one Newtype were shown in G-reco

And it surfaced when she had to deal with a death of her lover
>>
>>15751929
Because all the colonies are lost with some minor exeptions like Moon and humanity ended up several steps back.
>>
>>15751980

People had been living in space with centuries by G-Reco though (and Turn-A too) and none of them were newtypes despite living in space for all that time.
>>
>>15741966
>Char is like Charlie Sheen and Amuro is the brother (Alan?) from Two and a Half Men.
The only similarities between any of these 4 characters is that a pair of them share first letters.

kys
>>
>>15752398
Shut the fuck up, Nanai.
>>
>>15752550
>tfw you will NEVER be Nanai
May as well kms
>>
File: 1470636995774.png (287KB, 1400x1371px) Image search: [Google]
1470636995774.png
287KB, 1400x1371px
>>15741316
>>
>>15752554
I don't think I've ever wanted to be a girl..
>>
>>15741316
Even Amuro calls it out as bullshit. Why does anyone think the line is anything more than Char being a fucking manbaby?
>>
>>15753072
No? Amuro's response is discussed here >>15745991
>>
>>15752686
Me neither, but she is an anime.
>>
>>15753167
Well, I have wished I that I was anime before. I just didn't think I'd become anime like this.
>>
>>15741588
Everyone has answered how he is regarding to Zeta, but I'll just redirect us to the end of 0079 a bit.

In that series Char seems to be very pro-newtype especially concerning his relationship to Lalah. After Lalah dies and Char is facing Amuro in the last episode, Char totally flips his opinion and says that newtypes are "mutations", essentially abominations born from war in space, and that this somehow justifies him killing Amuro instead of petty spite.

Char is really just a sociopath except in rare circumstances, such with Sayla and Kamille (and I think half of his relationship with Kamille was more of a power-dynamic of "I'm going to meld you into what I believe in" sort of thing). Essentially Char's character is an irresponsible person who can't face reality and instead rationalizes grandiose excuses to justify his selfishness. I think deep down Char even believes what he's saying, which is what makes him such a tragic character.
>>
>>15753072
>Why does anyone think the line is anything more than Char being a fucking manbaby?
Because I am not a retard?
>>
>>15745930

They had more than a nicer public image. Putting it that way undersells the difference. The Titans were helmed by people who wanted to assume power and weren't afraid to threaten, brutalize or ally with anyone to achieve that while Londo Bell were committed to the idea of protecting Earth and were willing to die to achieve it. They were nicer in every way, not just public image.
>>
>>15751594
I'm pretty sure the line was
>Lalah? That's what this is about?
>>
>>15751929
>And it surfaced when she had to deal with a death of her lover
Sorry, but Bellri was the only character that displayed excessive newtype traits
>way better at piloting an MS than any star cadet should be
>constantly confused by his own ability
>feels bad about killing people but not bad enough to stop
>does that thing where he talks at his screen and accidentally has a conversation of vague intent as opposed to telepathy
>theremin noise don't quote me on that one
>>
It's clear that due to being a more powerful/advanced NT than him, that Char considered Lalah a mentor.
>>
>>15755658

He started getting hot and panicked after he killed one guy (might have been the Gaitrash guy) and I think even mentions that he feels weird. I assumed that was supposed to indicate he was feeling someone die as a newtype.
>>
>>15755685
Most of the time he doesn't sweat it if he kills someone. And wasn't he yelling at that guy alone in his cockpit? That's probably just robot cartoons though.
>>
>>15753881
The original function was the same: Taskforce that patrols and polices the colonies on the lookout for suspected Zeon terrorists and sympathizers. The Titans went beyond their bounds with the brutality with which they did this and extending Zeon sympathizers to anyone suspected of being sympathetic to spacenoid politics (though tbf AEUG was half full of former Zeeks) and that's what ended up ruining their public image, but the original function remains the same.
>>
>>15756295

They both had a similar intended function but trying to say that the public image is all that differentiates them or that they were only ruined because of bad public image is fairly silly.
>>
>>15751614
>playing for the sake of Kamille
I doubt he was being Quattro just for the sake of Kamille. He took up the identity before he even met Kamille, and Kamille had largely figured out he was Char pretty early on
>>
>>15756318
>is all that differentiates them or that they were only ruined because of bad public image is fairly silly.
Well, that's not what intended to convey. I said Londo Bell were doing the original function the Titans were supposed to be doing, emphasis on the words original and supposed.
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.