[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Japanese so obsessed with tall blond and clean cut leaders?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Char Aznable.jpg (30KB, 332x480px) Image search: [Google]
Char Aznable.jpg
30KB, 332x480px
Why are Japanese so obsessed with tall blond and clean cut leaders?

I see this trope very often in anime but I can't think of any examples in real life.
>>
>>15737505
Yet only a few of them are the main characters, while the rest becomes a punchbag for highschool teenagers
>>
also, nipponfags have an obsession with western imperialism. desu im kind of tired of seeing "samurai code" or imperialistic military clothing.
>>
>>15737505
they're the villains. underdog black-hair japanese defeats the tall blond and clean cut GAIJIN STEREOTYPE that's always trying to put the little japanese man down
>>
>>15737505
People are generally xenophobic and can't relate to someone who doesn't look like them. Why do you think evil spirits are always depicted as ethnic people in old art?

Everybody is a racist piece of shit, more news at 11.
>>
File: great again.jpg (7KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
great again.jpg
7KB, 261x193px
>>15737505

The Japanese people fetishize Nazi Germany and the Third Riech and the Ubermensch/Untermensch theory was one of their propaganda tools which anime writers picked up on.
>>
>>15737505
Post some more if there's so many of them
>>
>>15737527
Except western imperialism was mostly white skin, dark-featured caucasians like anglos. I can't think of any actually successful platinum blonde western imperialists. Even Hitler was white with black hair and dark eyes. The blonde hair is some sort of nazi aryan fetish from their WWII days
>>
>why is the visually contrasting guy the adversary in the visual media
>>
>>15737505
They want the Aryan D.
Just look at any interracial yaoi. Japanese black hair guy is always the bottom bitch.
>>
>>15737505
It's appealing to look at and sells merchandise.
>>
>>15737505
In mecha, or even anime in general a lot of it is due to Gundam.
The influence of Gundam is seriously under-noticed.
Char is more than a character now, he's an archetype.
>>
File: we wuz newtypes n shiet.jpg (26KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
we wuz newtypes n shiet.jpg
26KB, 250x250px
>>15737528
>underdog black-hair japanese
>>
>>15737970
Char is hardly remembered for the Aryan Nazi leader thing.
Also I am not sure this this just a Japanese stereotype.
>>
File: ichigo-aji-04.jpg (101KB, 610x676px) Image search: [Google]
ichigo-aji-04.jpg
101KB, 610x676px
>blonde
>clear cut
>handsome
>wears the mask

Is Souther a Char?
>>
>>15739122
that hair looks more like a TRUNKS_
>>
>>15739103
There's definitely some truth to that, but I'd have to slightly disagree on that.
There have been countless times where antagonist characters in anime have very obviously channeled a likeness of Char, especially in sunrise shows.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.