[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Picked a show yet? Cool. You've been selected to direct

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 17

File: PICK.png (8KB, 366x354px) Image search: [Google]
PICK.png
8KB, 366x354px
Picked a show yet? Cool.
You've been selected to direct a "Game of Thrones"-style live action adaptation of that anime. How does it go? Who do you cast? What do you change?

By Game of Thrones I mean to suggest a large budget, a darker and more somber tone, and lots of gratuitous sex, nudity, and violence that may or may not have occurred in the original.
As it is an GoT-style adaptation, you're allowed to write your own interpretations of how events and characters; even cutting some things out entirely or changing appearances. Over-arching plots and their conclusions should remain somewhat the same though.

Take for example the scene from Gundam 00 where the Meisters meet Team Trinity:
>Instead of Nena simply forcing a kiss on Setsuna, she asks him to personally give her a tour of the Ptolemy; whereupon she attempts to rape him at gunpoint once they're far from the others.
>The ordeal causes Setsuna to flashback and react violently, nearly killing her.
The result is an incredibly edgy scene that panders to modern sensibilities, yet maintains the same end result of having Setsuna demonstrate his deep-rooted aversion to being touched, as well as his newfound disgust and distrust for Nena. (also that Nena does what she wants.)
>>
>>15736600
So I'll just butcher G-Reco, just like the showrunners/writers did for GoT in relation to the books? Got it.
>>
>>15736600
>Ganbare Goemon
This whole attempt is dead on arrival. I doubt it would even get past the conceptual stage, let alone attract enough investors to make anyone care
>>
>>15736623
exactly!
>>
>>15736600
Can I just make higher budget OVA redux? I have a major disdain for live action adaptations.
>>
>>15736691
Why's that, weeb?
>>
>Evangelion

So, the dark and gritty part is easy.

The mandatory HBO sex scenes... less easy. I guess Ritsuko and Misato are going to be rather more explicit with their love interests.

I refuse to age up the pilots. Shinji NEEDS to be a teenager for his arc to make sense.
>>
>>15736691
Nope. Has to be live-action and "super mature".
>>
>>15736699
>weeb
Nice try, I'm actually a scorned bookworm who happens to like animation (Japanese or no)
Well, live action shows depend a lot on the actors and projects can fall completely apart if a main star leaves amid filming or between shoots. This can upset a lot of viewers if they were in it for that particular actor or fans who believe the actor defined the character. Similarly, its incredibly difficult to film complex scenes and although you can always use CGI it might look like shit and is going to cost you out the ass. There's also the fact that some actors are not gonna wanna portray certain graphic scenes.

As a counter point, you could discuss Sayla being removed from all other works following 0079 because of VA's health.
>>
File: 1436947917186.jpg (99KB, 709x960px) Image search: [Google]
1436947917186.jpg
99KB, 709x960px
Wonder if I could get Amemiya to lend the Garo suit and some Horror costumes?
>>
File: Turn-A Windmill Gundam.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Turn-A Windmill Gundam.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
Edgier G-Fighter Gundam
>>
>>15736600
>G gundam
DG cells have plenty of implications, so this'll be cake.

Rain will die in the Rising Gundam and Allenby will finally win the Domonbowl
>>
>>15736600

>Giant Robo: The Animation

The adaptation is much more faithful to the source material. But it takes some liberties regarding the OVA. It takes place more than a decade after Tetsujin-28 (2004) in a new, technologically advanced japan. The first half of the series strictly follows the original manga. Daisaku Kusama has no particular destiny tied to Giant Robo, but develops a friendship with him throughout the series.

In regards to Giant Robo OVA tying in with Tetsujin-28, there are a couple of ideas. Doctor Big-Fire secretly had his own group of associates known as the Magnificent Ten that worked together with the Velanade Corporation. The BF Group took over the Velanade Corporation after the CEO's death at Kurobe Dam. After the results of the Kurobe Dam incident, Japan remained independent of the BF Group's influence. Bagume would reenter the world as a harmless and efficient energy source by Shotaro Kaneda. It would later be reproduced and distributed all over the world by Shikishima Industries. So now the Third Energy Revolution was an unintentional byproduct of the Tetsujin project. In response, the Tragedy of Bashtarle would have been an early failure of the Bagume experiments gone horribly wrong. With all these events unfolding, International Police Organization becomes an important roleplayer during the GR crisis. Kenji Murasame joins the IPO and accepts experimental treatment to make himself immortal(but with limitations). Agent Ginrei and Daisaku are much closer in age, leading to more obvious romantic cues.

Aesthetically, the show would look much like it did in the manga/pilot.

https://youtu.be/gALLSv7xD2w

Architecture and style would resemble the late 60's or early 70's. The robots would definitely look like they came out of a tokusatsu, being more anatomically correct and larger than those in Tetsujin-28. Yasuhiro Imagawa would direct the series, as Toshiyuki Kubooka could be art director.
>>
File: mother of dragons.jpg (217KB, 1596x2305px) Image search: [Google]
mother of dragons.jpg
217KB, 1596x2305px
YASSSSSSS QUEEEEN SLAAY

>tfw it's HER TURN
>>
File: The Mannis.jpg (34KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
The Mannis.jpg
34KB, 720x480px
>>15737940
Dany a shit, Stannis is the man to follow.
>>
>>15736600
0079 would just be the novel where Amuro dies to a random mook
>>
>>15736600
Getter Robo.
Live action. Japanese stars shouting in Japanese. Find the good actors, maybe some new ones. Spend the whole budget on choreography and 3D animation.
Season 1 is a retelling of Ishikawa's original Getter Robo, Season 2 is a retelling of G, and so on, until Arc when the series starts floundering because HBO's pressure forces me to flounder around in attempt to prevent me from finishing the series.
>>
>>15737944
You, I like you.

>tfw TWOW never ever
>>
>>15738169
And if he somehow release it before dying we still have to wait for ADoS
>>
File: MMMMMUUUUUSSSSSEEEEERRRRRUUUUU.jpg (59KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
MMMMMUUUUUSSSSSEEEEERRRRRUUUUU.jpg
59KB, 720x480px
>>15737944
Stannis is a dumb cuck who's being manipulated by a lying psychowitch.
>>
>>15737944
I'd follow him if it weren't for the witch. Nope, no thank you.
>>
>>15736600
>Eureka Seven
Wasn't the movie basically that already?

In all seriousness, though, I DO think it'd inevitably end up something like the movie, albeit closer to the source material and with more brutal fights, a lot more scenes where Holland physically abuses Renton, maaaaaybe a scene or two where he nearly rapes Eureka and generally being far more pessimistic than the source material.

Also pretty much anyone on the Gekko who's not named Renton or Eureka is probably gonna die.
>>
>>15736600
>Gundam Build Fighters

I don't even have a clue how that could work. Maybe you die together with your gunpla and gunplas can have sex now?
>>
>>15738478
>Gunpla Sex Robots
>>
>Ghost in the shell
It essentially becomes a William Gibson novel.
>>
File: guilty-crown-wallpaper-700x438.jpg (85KB, 700x438px) Image search: [Google]
guilty-crown-wallpaper-700x438.jpg
85KB, 700x438px
but this is already edgy
>>
>>15736600
>thunderbolt S2

So, live action Front Mission Dog Style Dog Life?
>>
File: Symphogear.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Symphogear.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>15736600
>Last one you watched
Fuck.
>>
>Mazinkaiser SKL
I would blow my load on the budget to hire great choreographers for the fight scenes and pull a Del Toro where all practical when I can and high budget CGI when I can't. I'll either license tons of great heavy/power metal or hire an in-house Jmetal band to do the soundtrack.

I'll get cancelled after one season because I didn't take the series seriously enough and I went seriously over budget.

>>15736627
The fuck? Someone besides me has watched Ganbare Goemon?
>>
>Last one you watched

That'd be Knights and Magic, and I just can't picture how that would work.
>>
>>15736600
Dougram just got a whole lot sexier
>>
>>15736600
>>15738451
>Votoms
This seems a little redundant somehow. On the other hand, you'd probably see Coconna getting beat up by thugs, and later do the deed with Vanilla.
>>
>>15736600
So HBO's forced "add a sex scene" deal? Fuck fine.

>Gorg.

Make it true to its source material. I guess if I have to throw in a sex scene it will be with Lady Lynx and Rod near the end of the series. Still keep the sailing scene though. Seeing how most of the main cast are american I can work with that pretty well. No one will actually complain about whitewashing shit if I pick a american actor for Rod or Tom. I would need people who fit the islanders but that again should not be an issue. Oh get a japanese kid for Yuu and quite a bit of makeup for Manon.

Actually that is a easy adaptation.

>>15742481
Metal as fuck and I would love it.

>>15739683
Burn that shit to the ground, holy fuck was that awful.
>>
>>15743034
> I guess if I have to throw in a sex scene it will be with Lady Lynx and Rod near the end of the series.
There is that bit where Captain roughs up Lady Lynx to force Rod into talking, which is grounds for expanding upon, I guess.
>>
>>15736600
>patlabor
Press F to pay respects to the police robots
>>
File: 4.jpg (2MB, 1448x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
2MB, 1448x1000px
>>15736600
>GaoGaiGar

So basically just put it, FINAL, and Betterman into a blender? Sure.
>>
>>15743049
Oh yeah nudity for sure and maybe close to rape like the original scene should keep HBO happy.

>Anon I see your show Giant Gorg is doing pretty well
>Thank you HBO fo-
>Except one problem, there is no sex scenes
>Wait wh-
>It needs more sex, just pad that shit out.
>Who would have sex though? the children you sick fuck?
>...Well gay sex is all the rage now.
>I am taking this to Netflix
>>
File: 1401145840638.png (1MB, 1200x850px) Image search: [Google]
1401145840638.png
1MB, 1200x850px
>>15736600
This is super easy, I picked LOGH.

Could you imagine, It would be pretty good. It has enough political drama to make interesting, most of the action the big set pieces can be done in a similar fashion in GOT. If any anime had to be converted to a GoT styled show it would be LOGH.
>>
>>15738513
I would say GitS would end up as a better crime series with cyberpunk elements than a GoT like series
>>
File: sex robot.gif (799KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
sex robot.gif
799KB, 320x240px
>>15738486
Yes?
>>
GoT is so fucking shit. I just a showfag but holy fuck its been trash since season 2 at this point. Dunno why people keep watching
>>
Brigadoon
>>
>>15737897
How do you account for Velanade coming back from the dead as a low-ranking member of BF? Or Dr. Big Fire having the same name as a two-thousand year old half-alien ESPer?
>>
File: 1480636005389.jpg (184KB, 1440x930px) Image search: [Google]
1480636005389.jpg
184KB, 1440x930px
>Patlabor
Goodbye silliness
Goodbye innocence
Goodbye expressive characters
Goodbye occasional supernatural occurrences
Hello Dick Wolf and Speed Weed, yes I would like you to work on my show about mecha cops SoL
>>
File: law-order-svu-robots.jpg (23KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
law-order-svu-robots.jpg
23KB, 600x338px
>>15743511
>investigating sexually abused robots and robot pedos
>>
File: sad bird.jpg (34KB, 200x196px) Image search: [Google]
sad bird.jpg
34KB, 200x196px
>>15736600
I'm sorry OP but I hovered over the spoiler before thinking of a show. Please don't be angry.
>>
>>15743511
I mean if it wasn't about Patlabor then I would be down for a Law & Order si-fi mecha show.

You could have fun with it, like if an AI grows a human conscience then they will be treated as such by laws. New cool ass forensic tools. So under a good writer you could make a really good show.
>>
If we ever needed proof that /m/ has been overtaken by /tv/ and /a/ this entire thread should be the proof.
>>
>>15743717
Wait are those the actual subs?
>>
>>15743350
I'd actually watch that.
>>
>>15743863
Remember when /m/ was the board that every other board chilled with and had a really particularly great relationship with /a/?
Yeah, fuck off.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.