[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would ZZ be better or worse if Tomino never got the CCA greenlight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_m5ua4hQQ8O1r73plvo1_500.gif (1021KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5ua4hQQ8O1r73plvo1_500.gif
1021KB, 500x358px
Would ZZ be better or worse if Tomino never got the CCA greenlight and Char appeared in it?
>>
>Would [X] be better if Char appeared in it?
Yes.
>>
>>15732402
>Char appears in Zeta
>at the same time as Quattro
???
>>
Probably not, given that we would've had Judau putting down Char's Zeon, or Amuro would've had to come in and be the Kira to Judau's Shinn. Neither of those sounds too appealing to me.

Instead, what would've made ZZ better is if it connected with Amuro's story a bit like Zeta did, had Glemy's rebellion planned from the start, and found a way to work Char into the end to set up CCA. To me, those are the real loose ends of the show.
>>
>>15732423
One of them is the original Char, and the other is Casval
>>
>>15732464
>Judau putting down Char's Zeon
That's a logical conclusion though

Judau is the representation of what Newtypes should be and Char is the representation of what they shouldn't be
>>
>>15732385
I would've preferred to have Char as a secondary character and have his whole motivations for the colony dropout better delineated. That way the movie wouldn't have felt as such bullshit. Leave the explaining to the TV show, and the action to the movie.
>>
Char did appear in ZZ
his name was June Kock instead of Quattro Vagina
>>
>>15732385
Better cause we'd get gay catboy Char.
>>
>>15732385
Would 0079 be better or worse if Amuro died halfway in as Tomino originally planned?
>>
>>15732385

I would have preferred it personally, because I think Zeta already served as the perfect capstone to Amuro and Char's relationship. They meet as unwilling but necessary allies and through that alliance learn to work together and be somewhat friendly, even if the past always stands between them. It's a much more melancholy and relatable arc to their relationship in my opinion, and I didn't find Char's Counterattack in any way necessary. I like what I've read of the original plans for ZZ and how Char tries to change things for the better in his own way but ends up coming in to conflict with Judau and the remains of the AEUG because he's being rather pragmatic and ruthless.

I also like that in the finale Judau leaves for Mars, the majority of people on Earth leave for Space and the setting moves on from the conflict of the past few shows in a way I don't feel UC ever really has. I'm aware Sunrise and/or Bandai would have mandated a new show that would involve new conflict, but I feel a show that had the conflict on Mars because the issue of settlement and governance in the Earthsphere is mostly settled would have been more interesting than F91 or Victory, much as I like Victory, which basically restarted the original's conflict. I like the idea that such a story would show that while the superficial issues causing conflict (regional governance) can be settled, the impulses driving those conflicts persist.
>>
>>15733197

Did he ever actually plan that for the animation? I'm aware he wrote something like that in to the novels a year or two later, but I don't recall seeing anything indicating he wanted to do that in the animation.
>>
>>15733197
He ended up severely regretting that choice so no
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.