[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ANN talks about Tezuka and Ishinomori not being popular amon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

ANN talks about Tezuka and Ishinomori not being popular among english speaking anime fans.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2017-07-26/.119315

The article is fine, but those comments. Also Shotaro Ishinomori is /m/.
>>
I really like the melancholy of Shotaro Ishinomori manga, and for Tezuka, Alabaster is a masterpiece, even when he hated.
>>
I wonder how many people there actually read any Ishinomori.
>>
>>15724295
Fuck off withe ann shilling already. This shit should be bannable
>>
>>15724295
>second comment is DmonHiro being a dumb faggot as usual
>>
>>15724410
>WAAAAAH STOP TALKING ABOUT THINGS RELEVANT TO OUR CULTURE WAAAAAAH WAAAAAH
Neck yourself kiddo.
>>
> So the answer is they don't pander to teenagers egos in the same way "modern" anime do? Fair enough.

Well, shit. Lemonchest got this down.
>>
File: ishimori.jpg (109KB, 576x370px) Image search: [Google]
ishimori.jpg
109KB, 576x370px
tbqh the old anime/toku based on Tezuka and Ishinomori works were almost always fairly weak, owing to the high-turnover, low budget and executive oversight.
Their manga works were absolutely top tier though, and the main reason the TV versions are actually entertaining is they have great source material.
>>
>>15724493
who the fuck are you qouting?
>>
>>15724679
Your screams at the monitor when you saw this thread you poopypants bitch.
>>
>>15724410
>>15724679
As much as I don't like the obnoxious ANN shitposting threads either, this thread doesn't seem to be the case as many others before. Also, even if I personally deslike the majority of ANN critics and reviews, I do find the "Answerman" by Justin Sevakis generally pretty good and informative. And is not like there is more than 30-40 anons here that generally discuss about the old series of Tezuka and Ishinomori or in the old manga threads that we slip into the board sometimes. So, this thread can be a good opportunity for a discussion about the matter.
>>
File: 1472848558947.png (349KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
1472848558947.png
349KB, 600x848px
I found this way of self inserting more present in Gundam than other works, that is why there are much autistics being mad at Mikazuki for not being a perfect hero or something, they hate it because they cannot see themselves there.

But of course they cant, they are muricans kids pampered to death, how they could self insert? haha
>>
>>15724469
>I simply don't see old Tezuka anime having anything to offer to new anime fans who are not blinded by nostalgia. Most of them aren't even that good. They were revolutionary, yes. But so was that floppy disk and I don't see many people wanting to go back to the 1.44 MB days. Most of the time new is better.

He has a point though. Most of the time they'll have absolutely nothing new to offer to any seasoned anime viewer. Low budget and usually no subs. Themes in them aren't unique and have been done over and over again much better.
Like he said, just because Tezuka based anime or his original works were influential AT THE TIME don't mean they're actually good now, unless you have the fucking brain dead special snowflake weeaboo opinion of "Hurr old = good"
>>
On one hand, people shouldn't care if others like/don't like something or even if they've watched such things (as long as they don't go off spouting they are super knowledgeable about the medium, of course). People should just like what they like and go on with it.

On the other hand, however, not having many people that like something you like can feel awfully lonely sometimes, in the sense that you'll have next to no one to talk to about it. Being forced to go on 4chan to discuss mecha and tokusatsu is the bane of my existence.
>>
>>15724994
No subs doesn't affect the quality of the show itself, it just means that if you don't know japanese you wont understand what the characters are saying.

> Tezuka based anime or his original works were influential AT THE TIME don't mean they're actually good now
Influential doesn't equal good, so this is obvious and pointless to say.
And art doesn't age, if its good at the time it was made then its good now and always. The fact that you don't like it is another matter and irrelevant.
>>
Ishinomori >>>>>> Tezuka
>>
>>15724493
>What a bunch of retards on ANN think
>Relevant to anything
This thread is a borderline rule 4 violation.
>>
Is 0nsen a troll?
>>
The problem with a lot of this stuff is it's been refined into "better" things, or at least things more palatable to modern audiences.

This goes for pretty much all media. Unless you have a vested interest in a certain genre you probably won't care to go back and see the most influential works and be able to appreciate them for what they are.

A lot of historical works end up being doomed to this kind of thing, especially in this case when it's from another culture entirely and there's very little to no appreciation of it in your culture.
>>
File: file.png (133KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
133KB, 320x240px
how does Osamu Tezuka fair with the furry mafia tho?
>>
>>15726241
Except manga never really "evolved" from it. It got stuck with formulas of whatever's considered popular or not. This doesn't make for anything better than what those guys were doing, just perpetual mediocrity.
>>
>>15726307
You're talking about a guy whose daughter found a stash of erotic furry art that he drew
>>
>>15726434
> You will never be able to draw as much erotic art as you want and still be praised like a god.
>>
>>15726434
i wonder if someone scanned all the stuff he did in a folder
>>
>>15726678
maybe sadpanda has a collection from his pixiv
>>
File: OOO.jpg (4KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
OOO.jpg
4KB, 300x57px
>>15726681
well, i found something unrelated but close...
https://exhentai.org/g/576715/9a5647da9e/
>>
>>15724295
Wasn't Yokoyama half-known among English-speaking anime fans?
>>
>>15726722
I mean didn't fans know about him since Gigantor was also well-known in English-speaking countries
>>
>>15726728
Gigantor was well known, not Yokoyama. He's by far the most ignored of the Big 3.
>>
>>15725978
No it's not but you are now gtfo my board beeyotch.
>>
Is there a place where I can read cyborg 009 in full?
>>
>reads the comment section

Ugh, normies being ignorant
>>
>>15728073
>goes into sewer
eww it's poop
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.