[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? Also, when is someone going to sub the ONA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: QUARTZ, SON.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
QUARTZ, SON.png
1MB, 1366x768px
What went wrong?

Also, when is someone going to sub the ONA finale? There's already a translation online, just download the video, upload it on YouTube, and add subtitles based on the script.
>>
I don't get it. There's no image in your post.
>>
>>15721464
Guess not. At least you're not one of those weirdos telling me how much Truth sucks.

I mean, I thought that, being Ao's Archetype, he was a pretty fun reference to Layzner. It's not like he was a villain, because if he was he'd be an infuriatingly bad character with zero motivation other than just because
>>
>>15721456
>What went wrong
>The entire franchise is a mistake
>>
>>15721456
Not enough monsters of the week, otherwise it blew the first series out of the water
>>
>>15721456
>Monster of the week all the first half
>Truth only got interesting in the last episodes
>Dewey was right all along
>Shitting on the happy ending of the original series
>The erasing cannon
>Underdeveloping of an interesting cast
>Only Eureka and Renton were part of the returning cast
>Retarded plot in general
The only good thing were the characters, Ao, Fleur and the others deserved a better story.
>>
>>15721640
>>Monster of the week all the first half
That wasn't bad though, it could've been better had the foreshadowing and stuff gone somewhere.

The original series had a similar format but it was more like "character development/worldbuilding of the week"
>>
>>15721640
why do you hate monsters of the week, mouth lord?
>>
>>15721456
>There's already a translation online
Link?
>>
>>15721591
>>
>>15721456
>What went wrong?
Fleur didn't win
>>
>>15721921
It's not like she lost either. I blame neo-Elena for getting in the way during the ONA ending scene.

>>15721640
I really do like Ao himself. Damn shame the cards the writers dealt him.
>>
>>15721591
>>15721918
So.... Does this person just go on every Eureka Seven thread and call it shit?
>>15721917
http://tsukiyadori.tumblr.com/post/159989105225/translation-script-of-eureka-seven-ao-final
This is pretty much the entire thing. Haven't watched the episode yet, but the translation looks good so I guess all that needs to be done is subbing it.
>>15721640
I don't mind MOTW, but I don't think it really works with Eureka Seven. Still, if it was a bit more focused and had things gone somewhere I think it would have been better.
>>15721937
Save for Truth, I really DO like all the characters myself. But yeah, damn, erasing yourself from history is a pretty sad way to end the show...

Hopefully things get better in the ONA.
>>
>>15721987
>So.... Does this person just go on every Eureka Seven thread and call it shit?

Yes, he's done it for years across both /m/ and /a/. It's almost as impressive as it is pathetic.
>>
>>15721456
>What went wrong?
They built the plot around an anti-plot cannon.
>>
first of all

e7 was shit to begin with

renton a little shit.

the only redeeming factor is anemone and the blue chick get some good hentai

you can't just have god tier character and mech designs around a categorically shit plot, and automatically let it be passable
>>
>>15722003
>The blue chick
>The character the show is named after
Nice bait, Anon
>>
File: He Can Fly.png (743KB, 1440x900px)
He Can Fly.png
743KB, 1440x900px
OP again.

Just watched the ONA, and while the show still sucks and it wipes its ass on the just about perfect ending of the original show at least this provides a more satisfying ending to the series.

>TFW you've gone through so much shit in the span of 15 years you're just happy to EXIST
>>
>>15722041

I just feel stupid calling a bitch eureka

look up its origin and you might understand as well
>>
Personally what made the original E7 enjoyable was it being a typical feel good boy-meets-girl-goes-on-adventure-coming-of-age story wrapped with interesting side servings of - environmentalism, ref/surfer culture, mechs, a pretty damn good OST and just a sprinkle of philosophical ramblings/acperience acid trips. The main dish for me was Renton's growth and relationship with Eureka and the Gekko State crew, which was the medium that explored all the other side elements that made E7 more unique. The happy ending was stereotypical and arguably an asspull with Nirvash Spec-3, but it sure made the viewer feel damn good and satisfied.

AO on the other hand does not have a solid main dish - what initially started as a boy-seeks-past-and-mother turns into timeline shenanigans and kind of loses tension near the end game. The side servings this time changed to a geopolitical focus, fan service via throwback to the original E7 with little plot relevance, a time-travel plot that was ruined by the inclusion of a literal retcon gun and some vaguely established villain that's no where as attractive as Dewey was. When your series fail at presenting the main dish, there are only so many side servings that you can throw until the viewer realises that this isn't going anywhere worthy.
>>
>>15722220
cont.

I personally dislike Truth because of two things (off the top of my head) -

1) As a villain, the character had no solid motivation for the things he does - he starts off trying to "right the world" by starting shit everywhere and seemed to have a clear plan, but later turns out he's also on a journey of self-discovery on what he is. There's no particular growth to him after his revelation, and no threatening master plan that destroys the status quo. This is disappointing when compared to Dewey's plan from the original E7, which had an eventual threatening end game for the Gekko State to face.

2) As a rival, he's constantly besting the protagonist team and is shown to be ridiculously strong to the point where it feels out of tune with the other enemies in series (the other Secrets). Whilst this should theoretically make his eventual defeat(s) at the hands of the protags feel good, there is no satisfaction as he is brought back through ridiculous and confusing ways like fusing with the Kanon and coming back as the archetype. This is in contrast with Anemone from E7, who gets defeated, comes back stronger, has plights, grows as a character and finally has a cathartic conclusion with Dominique. Unlike Anemone, you don't feel satisfied when the protags beat Truth, nor sympathise with him when he has his own problems and struggles, or when his character arc concludes.
>>
>>15722091
It defeninatly improved on the god awful original ending, and we know Ao ain't completely fucked over, sure they don't really remember him but they all still care about him enough to have Gen blue's b3 dedicated to saving him.
>>
>>15722220
>an asspull with Nirvash Spec-3
That was foreshadowed constantly.
From the start the type zero is said to be incomplete and early on we learn that LFOs are organic mecha.
So once the nirvash starts moving on its own and Eureka says it wants a new body it made sense that it would evolve into some final form.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.