[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is your opinion of "mecha musume" /m/? normally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: v13-stance.gif (137KB, 323x403px) Image search: [Google]
v13-stance.gif
137KB, 323x403px
what is your opinion of "mecha musume" /m/?
normally i don't like it but i have some weaknes for the Murakumo Units of blazblue
>>
>>15721124
>>
>>15721124
Generally accepted, more or less. We do have an occasional mecha musume thread or two, and the only series that /m/ takes issue with really is Strike Witches, and the weird crowd Bahamut, IS, and Hundred brought in.
>>
In case anyone here knows; care to explain how this particular style came to be called mecha musume?
>>
>>15721124
Cute girls and robots, there's no better combination.
>>
>>15721173
Not certain, but I do know that the ones that first started appearing in Newtype in 1982 based on Gundam MS/MA were called MS shojo.

I'd folk-etymology that the term Mecha Musume as it being Mecha's Daughter. In most cases the mecha design would the the father of the mecha daughter's design.
>>
>>15721124
>normally i don't like it but i have some weaknes for the Murakumo Units of blazblue
A man of taste
>>
>>15721173
Mecha musume, as in literally named mecha musume, was a Fumikane Shimada thing somewhere around prior to whenever he sprung the idea for Strike Witches. I don't have an exact time frame but Shimada has dibs on that particular turn of phrase for mecha shoujo.

Mecha musume as in mecha bits on cute girls? Well /m/ can regale you on the history of Mika Akitaka like they do every time this thread gets made, and they're not wrong on that front; Akitaka has a sizeable portfolio on the stuff.

The issue is while Shimada's stuff often fits into the latter category, and while mecha musume is semantically redundant to mecha shoujo in common parlance, it's like calling all plamo gunpla and expecting not to peeve off someone who gets bent over pedantics.
>>
>>15721124
I usually like them, but not when it's just "girl in a themed swimsuit with some vague mecha part somewhere."
>>
>>15721324
>>15721381

Thanks a bunch!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.