[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to read books like an esteemed gentleman scholar. About

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

I want to read books like an esteemed gentleman scholar. About giant fucking robots.
Are there some good books starring mecha available in English? I saw that the LoGH books are being translated, how is the translation and how does it stack up to the anime?
Is the Thrawn trilogy as good as they say?
>>
File: gsv.jpg (281KB, 1500x704px) Image search: [Google]
gsv.jpg
281KB, 1500x704px
the culture series.

More about smaller robots/drones and spaceships, but good stuff either way.
>>
>>15720859
Are there any giant robots or exosuits or power armor or anything remotely cool?
>>
>>15720860
there's a few cases of dudes in power armour, but the tech level is so insanely high most engagements are over in a matter of seconds.

Still, good scifi reading.
>>
>>15720860
It has virtually nothing to do with what you're looking for, but it's a good read.
>>
>>15720854
Yukikaze
Asimov's Robot series
Armor
Bolo series
Lensmen Series
Starship Trooper (for antiquity sake)
>>
>>15721446
Also,
All you need is kill (the light novel)
>>
The Forever War by Haldeman

>Star Wars/Star Trek books
Might as well read Brian Herbert's Dune books if you're gonna do that. Avoid.
>>
File: 1495789991735.jpg (660KB, 914x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1495789991735.jpg
660KB, 914x1280px
Are there any Mobile Suit Gundam novels worth reading?
>>
>>15720854
Hammer's Slammers
>>
>>15720854
>I want to read books like an esteemed gentleman scholar.
Shouldn't you, like, look for something more practical and useful to life to read? Instead of nerdy chinks robot shit?
>>
>>15721533
They're interesting, if only for the novelty of seeing some of Tomino's other ideas and the way some things are handled differently from the show.

>>15720854
There's honestly not a lot. Battletech. Robotech novels. Warhammer 40k stuff. Novelizations of stuff like Pacific Rim. That's going to be the bulk of it. Giant fighting robots really only exist to look awesome, and that doesn't translate well into a non-visual medium.

>>15721461
It's been a while since I've read The Forever War, but don't theu wear regular spacesuits in that? Plus there's luke two actual battles in the whole book and the main character never makes it off of his landing craft for one of them.

It's still crazy to me that that dude wrote Robot Jox, though. Did he do the novelization for Robot Jox? Has anybody read that?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.