[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Harebrained Schemes - Sued for Copyright Infringement by Har

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: 785678.jpg (35KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
785678.jpg
35KB, 624x480px
Harebrained Schemes - Sued for Copyright Infringement by Harmony Gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLtlynQrG6c
>>
>>15719736
buy a banner
>>
its over
>>
who? why should I care?
>>
>>15719736
I can't wait for HG's precious Mexicommie real estate to quake off into the Pacific.
>>
>>15719736
Harmony Gold is fucked. They're copyright trolling at this point. They won't exist or possess any assets after this. They'll be wiped out and have everything handed over to the other side.

Idiots.
>>
>>15720140
yeah a robot drawing slap fight is totally going to sink an international real estate firm with ties to organized crime
>>
>>15720147
Oh? Is that what Harmony Gold is? I had never heard of them.

Regardless, copyright trolls. Should be dealt with as such. Drummed out of court and made unable to ever seriously bring anything before a judge in the US again.
>>
>>15720164
Really, it's a stupid games/stupid prizes situation. If they have that much to lose, they shouldn't have ever considered doing this. Because the courts have established they'll behead entities that try it.
>>
>>15720164
if you're going to write fiction that will never happen you might as well throw in the Transformers or something
>>
>>15719736
Fucking Whoremoney Jewgold.
>>15720140
They have precedent from a shitty Nip-hating judge back in the day for part of their stuff.
>>
>>15720147
>>15720164
International real estate with ties to organized crime?

Say what now?
>>
>>15720553
Agrama was very closely tied to Berlusconi's media companies.
>>
>>15719736
I'm not seeing any even superficial similarities in the designs, I think HG's lawyers have finally lost it.
>>
>>15720604
The sad part is I'm pretty certain HG will win in court. They somehow earned permanent fucking rights to all Macross material in the US despite not creating any of it.
>>
>>15720604
I don't know what the fuck they were thinking when they said the Atlas is a ripoff of the armored VF-1, when the Pheonix Hawk has been in MWO for over a year.
>>
>>15720656
Don't be so sure. Four years ago they tried to sue Hasbro over a new Jetfire toy but the case was thrown out.
>>
>>15720671
Holy shit are they that fucking retarded? They lost the rights to all Macross related merchandise back when Robotech was airing to Bandai. Do those kikes have short term memory?
>>
>>15720677
Apperently a few months ago Sony decided they want to pick up a live action Robotech movie again, which is why HG is getting all lawsuit happy.
>>
>>15719736
Does this actually have anything to do with FLCL or are you just using bestgirl as a reaction puppet?
>>
>>15720688
>Apperently a few months ago Sony decided they want to pick up a live action Robotech movie again
These are the same people that thought making nuGhostbusters was a great idea.

Who knows, the retards might actually try and make a Robotech movie. Anythings possible from the studio that produced an honest to god Emoji movie.
>>
>>15720677
They went after Hasbro because the toy was a GI Joe jetplane colored like Jetfire, and there was material inside had a picture of the original Jetfire toy (who we all know was Macross).

Behold the 2 inches of cardboard that set Harmony Gold off.
>>
>>15719736
Never forget that (Dis)Harmony Gold is an arrogant company when it comes to claiming stuffs like this and 3 anime series that featured in Robotech.
>>
We'll bitch and cry about how unfair it is, but at the end of the day HG will win because Catalyst is incompetent as fuck. In fact, Catalyst already gave up. HG has already won, the only thing left is for Harebrained Schemes to try and keep them from taking the Atlas away from them.
>>
Wait, does this mean Harebrained might be forced to can the Battletech game?
>>
>>15720677
>Do those kikes have short term memory?
They can't even remember what Battletech designs are based off the Macross designs they jewed their way into owning. The connection between the Atlas and the Armoured Valkyrie ends at "Bulky humanoid" and I can't see anything at all connecting the last two.
>>
>>15723108
Very much a possibility.
They are a tiny company and the game is built on a shoestring budget as is.
Now that budget is going to have to pay for a lawyer working on a case from March this year until some early 2018 which is the time HG set for the court to happen.

If they yield, they'll have to pay a nice fat sum in damages that's a multiple of the kickstarter money they got from BTech (which HG claims as their damages).
Basically, this lawsuit is a life and death matter for HBS studio as a whole should they be unable to feed the jurisdiction long enough to actually release the game and build up some capital.
>>
>>15719736
DOES THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH FLCL?
>>
>>15721457
How did they not get sued by whatever Japanese company owns Macross? This is not a "sorta" thing like the Classics or Generations figure. This is straight-up the original art used on a modern product of a design they do not have the rights to.

Or Japanese lawyers just want to sit back and let Harmony Gold go full retard for the laughs?
>>
>>15723271
I'm pretty sure it's just a cheeky reference to an outdated /v/ meme
>>
File: Muh Shekels.jpg (5KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Muh Shekels.jpg
5KB, 480x360px
>>15719736

Harmony (((Gold)))
>>
>>15723281
Japan doesn't like going to court, especially international court.
After getting jewed by HG decades ago, and having as many cooks in the kitchen with Macross as it is; Big West is NOT going to waste money trying.
>>
>>15723281
From what I've been told here by people with absolutely no source is that Macross is also a legal clusterfuck in Japan making the whole situation even more complicated.
>>
>>15723271
Yes HG determined Canti looks way too similar to some of the designs featured in Robotech and are now taking Adult Swim to court to prevent them from airing it and its sequel in the future.
>>
>>15720656
Japanese courts ruled that they never owned the rights to begin with too.
>>
>>15723467
Who cares what the courts in a country we bombed twice has to say? If they got a problem with it we can just bomb them a third time lmao bunch of pansies.
>>
>>15723446
>>15723281
Robot and character designs are owned by Studio Nue. HG has the money to prolong a case until they literally have no money left to litigate because Americans are retarded and have a retarded legal system.
>>
>>15723461
You've gotta be fucking kidding me.
>>
>>15723502
He's joshing you.
>>
>>15719736
Someone tell HB to start a gofundme for lawyer funds and such.
I'm sure the Macross and BT fanbase would be quite willing to get the chance at fucking Harmony Gold in court.
>>
>>15723514
Doesn't matter, someone from CGL will end up squandering the cash.
>>
>>15723516
With that kind of defeatist attitude I have to ask why are you on /m/ instead of /r9k/
>>
>>15723514
>fucking Harmony Gold in court.
awww that's cute
I'm sure whatever slip-and-fall third stringer they can scrounge money for will topple the international company with shady ties to Silvio Berlusconi
>>
>>15723529
Because I have been following FASA/CGL for years now and they have never done anything but act stupidly whenever there are legal issues.
>>
>>15723562
You're so cute.
>>
>>15723655
I actually don't know much about Catalyst game labs. What have the flubbed on?
>>
>>15723723
Hooooo boy. Everything from repeatedly not checking that they have the rights to what they put out, to getting slapped down by HG in cases they should have won repeatedly, to their CEO running away with almost all of the money, it just keeps going on and on.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.