[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished reading UFO Robot Grendizer (version by Yuu Okazaki).

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 13

Just finished reading UFO Robot Grendizer (version by Yuu Okazaki).

Now I have read all 3 versions (I hope there is only these 3) this is the ranking of quality between them:

Grendizer (gosaku ota) > Grendizer (go nagai) >Grendizer (yuu okazaki).

I really dislike Nagai version and find Ota way better written, but his art isnt the best tho. Now Okazaki have a nice and pleasant art, but his stories are just for showing action with Grendizer, it just drags for 20 chapters, all the characters are just for making the action go on, kinda sad that it is like this, but being on Terebi Magazine, I can understand.

And damn, Okazaki was the first guy to ever make a Gundam manga, he also did some Dougram and Votoms manga and another terebi version of Cutie Honey.
>>
Didn't Ishikawa not also have his version? He might just have been involved with Nagai's version if not.

Most Nagai stuff is complete crap, but I'd recommend Shin Mazinger H-hen to anyone that hasn't read it, it's not translated to any language from what I know, but it's one of the rare incidents of a good Nagai thing, even the art is a bit better.
>>
>>15715395
>I really dislike Nagai version
>>15715446
>Most Nagai stuff is complete crap
FUCK OFF XPEARSE
You even changed IPs to make these two shitposts. How autistic are you?
>>
>>15715466
But that fish manga was fucking terrible, not even his loli bagel titties could have redeemed it
>>
>>15715466
>liking nagai version

it is fucking shit, rushed as fuck and boring too (not as bad as his great mazinger)
>>
>>15715446
>modern Nagai art
>better than anything.

But I agree with all the rest.
>>
>>15715446
I dont think so, but there is a version of Cutie Honey that was released by both Ishikawa and Okazaki.
>>
>>15715473
>that fish manga
?
>>
>>15715446
>>15715988
Nagai didn't draw Impact

>>15716976
It's theorized by many that several pages of Grendizer were drawn by Ishikawa since it matches his artstyle to a t and since he was Nagai's assistant.
>>
>>15715446
>>15716976
>>15717034
It's plainly known that a chapter in the UFO Grendizer manga was by Ken Ishikawa and was originally published as such. The question is, do YOU know what chapter that was? Come on, I'm waiting.
>>
>>15717038
Chapter 4: The Terror of Two Demons
>>
>>15715473
you're the reason why christians should be banned from nagai threads

nothing wrong with salacia

you're ust another triggered cuck
>>
File: superior fish pussy.jpg (314KB, 831x1206px) Image search: [Google]
superior fish pussy.jpg
314KB, 831x1206px
>>15717023
This one.
>>
>>15715505
What's wrong with his Great Mazinger?
>>
>>15718581
it is shit, boring, bland.

Tetsuya is nowhere near the level of the character that kouji is. All the cast with the exception of Boss are way weaker too.

But it is really bland, it is the worse of Nagai Trilogy of manga without a doubt. To even think that I even read it twice in different langues is really infuriating.
>>
>>15718715
I read it and it was ok, just like the rest of nagai's trilogy. Why exaggerate?
>>
>>15719128
Because I've read the Gosaku Ota version and fucking god, it is way better than that.
>>
>>15719128
He's not. It's really that bad.
>>
>>15719287
>The Gosaku Ota version
Murr Mazinger's only good if the main character gets maimed, killed, or enslaved
>>
>>15719305
>bad
No. It's just average. I've seen worse even from authors like Ishinomori and Yokoyama.
>>
>>15719462
It's terrible, stop being so insecure and just admit you like shit. It's ok. Nobody is judging you.
>>
>>15719499
it has decent reviews on french site, manga-news.

Their reviews are usually fair
>>
>>15718715
The majority of Great Mazinger which is Mazinger and the Mazinger army raiding Bardos and fighting Ankoku Daishogun is great, everything after that with Tetsuya is very boring with only a few notable moments. The problem is they try to just keep doing more of the same with a far more boring protagonist.
>>
Manga news ratings

Devilman 17.4/20
Cutie Honey 16.5/20
Harenchi Gakuen 16.33/20 (Not everything is out yet)
Divine Comedy 15.33/20
Kekkou Kamen 15.33/20
Shin Mao Dante 15.25/20
Amon 14.92/20
Great Mazinger 14.5/20
Grendizer (One-shot) 14.5/20
Grendizer Giga 14.25/20
Mazinger Z 14.17/20
Grendizer (Gosaku Ota) 11.75/20
>>
>>15719308
It is not about this, it is about characterization, plot progression, side characters and such. Stop being idiot, I know you didnt read shit, because you would know it is way better than nagai version.
>>
>>15719584
>>15719774
This version is only 1 volume, the Ota version have 4 volumes, Ota is credited there, but I dont think this is right.
>>
>>15719947
Ota shouldn't be credited. It's the Nagai version.

>>15719937
>you would know it is way better than nagai version.
Manga News disagrees.

http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/manga/critique/Goldorak/vol-4

"Unfortunately, all works cannot be on the same level as Devilman, and what Ota offers us here is very clumsy. The final chapter went by too fast, and didn't take the time to bring up the tension, and to develop its subject well."
>>
>>15720023
Just like any of the Nagai trilogy is up to Devilman, but they are better than Nagai version. And of course, the ending of Grendizer (Ota) is really different from all other series, it is up to preference, I really like that dark, sad, bad end that it is.
>>
>>15720044
>but they are better than Nagai version
Debatable. Ota's version has a lot of problems as pointed in the review.

If the writing and pacing is not up to par, then it doesn't matter how dark the series is. The amount of grimdarkness didn't save Zeta Gundam from being a complete mess from a writer's pov.

Nagai's stories flow much better than Ota's even when he's not trying.
>>
>>15720059
both versions are episodic, the flow is not really important between stories, but even then, Ota have a clear plot progression and development of his characters, you can see it clearly with Kouji and Sayaka Romance. Nagai is episodic in a form that it could be read without any order and it would made sense. The terebi magazine version of Nagai Mazinger Z shows this really well, and it continues to go on in Great and Grendizer.
>>
>>15720059
>>15720023
Why do you keep referencing that review again and again but nothing else? Have you actually read the series?
>>
>>15719801
>Mazinger that low
>Cutie Honey manga second
What?
>>
>>15720107
I did and I agree with the reviewer.
>>
>>15720108
"The manga artist can rely on his mise en scène, by borrowing often from the codes of cinema, as he has already shown before in Devilman. A lot of view angles and cuts benefit of a great clarity and exemplary dynamism. You also have to note the diversity of the enemies, but also Honey's ability to take 7 different forms, and acquire specific powers depending on the situation : become a tamer, a motorcycle pro... Well, Nagai shows us here that he masters the ambiences by varying the atmosphere a lot. So, he can show us without difficulty moments of comical or parodical erotica with intense scenes of action, while going through moments of deep and dark bloody drama."

http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/manga/critique/Cutey-Honey
>>
>>15720108
>>Mazinger that low
The reviewer cites the tv magazine chapters why Mazinger got a lower score for the later volumes, bringing down the overall score.
>>
Ota makes the bland fuck of Tetsuya be a hard ass motherfucker, this is really nice.
>>
>>15720199
And this is the first chapter (that establishes lots of things)
>>
>>15720199
>>15720203
Pschhht

Nothing personnel, bitch
>>
>>15720203
>>
>>15720254
Why did Tetsuya turn black for a panel?
>>
>>15720254
yes.
>>
>>15719801
That website is considered crap, though. The ANN of France.and the reviewers are all fanboys, nothing truly legit. Try again.
>>
>>15719937
No, I didn't read them because save for Grendizer they're NOT IN ENGLISH so I have no way TO read them.
>>
>>15718387
>children whom pilot
>whom
>>
>>15720596
So you can only shut the fuck up and wait. Or learn other language so you can read, its better than waiting for the benevolence of someone to translate.

Also, learning other languages is always cool and nice.
>>
always a gentleman
>>
File: 1500941431884.jpg (43KB, 456x343px)
1500941431884.jpg
43KB, 456x343px
Stop posting frog pages outside of demonstrating a few things. This is an English website. What's next? Spanish scanlations?

>>15719801
Why do you keep referring to that frog website like it means anything?

>>15720203
O the edge.

>>15720862
You've got to be an idiot to actually say and expect somebody to learn a language just to read stuff like this.
>>
File: 1497302449220.jpg (888KB, 800x1200px)
1497302449220.jpg
888KB, 800x1200px
>>15721010
looks like the english peasant only got triggered.
>>
>>15720977
Tetsuya doing his best MJ impersonation. Heh.
https://youtu.be/pTFE8cirkdQ
>>
>>15721010
>Stop posting frog pages outside of demonstrating a few things. This is an English website. What's next? Spanish scanlations?
Yeah.

Only frogs and spics give Go Nagai the proper examination of his works, and not just shit on them because they're not fucking American Christian puritans getting mad at everything that doesn't fit their world view.
>>
>>15720862
That's some pretentious shit right there, I'm sure you just happened to know french. If I grab some untranslated shit and translate it into fucking nushu, are you going to go learn that language to proficiency just to read my manga?

>>15721372
that's retarded. every one of the 300 million americans is a christian puritan that would reject go nagai? the only thing that matters here is that spanish and french are disgusting languages.
>>
>>15721478
>every one of the 300 million americans is a christian puritan that would reject go nagai?
Soccer moms did a good job in brainwashing their kids about the evils of Japanese comics.

>the only thing that matters here is that spanish and french are disgusting languages.
t. illiterate

French is one of the greatest languages you could learn for literature. It's just as cultured, if not more than English. Only plebs think otherwise.
>>
>>15721478
>are you going to go learn that language to proficiency just to read my manga?

yeah, that is why I started to learn french, to read manga and BDs. French is not even my second language, being an american illiterate is not an excuse to not learn shit and just shitposting in this site REEEEEEEEing at posters talking in other languages.

And for sure, spanish and french are way way way better languages than english itself. English is so fucking simple and poor that even to insult someone, the insults are limited.
>>
>>15721735
>>15721543
>>15721027
>muh superiority
You sound so insecure.

>>15721372
>Christian
Stop bringing this up every thread in an attempt to start something. We get it. You don't like Christianity.
>>
>>15722100
>We get it. You don't like Christianity.
No, I don't like you shitting every Nagai thread up, xpearse.
>>
File: memehorse.jpg (54KB, 359x225px) Image search: [Google]
memehorse.jpg
54KB, 359x225px
>>15722679
If having a different opinion than you is considered shitting, then yeah, I shit up these threads all the time.
>>
>>15723633
Holy shit, stop shitposting
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.