[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the TIE Silencer goes three times faster than a normal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 29

File: tie-silencer-main-a_9d127916.jpg (29KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
tie-silencer-main-a_9d127916.jpg
29KB, 768x432px
>the TIE Silencer goes three times faster than a normal First Order TIE
>>
It just looks like a slightly modified Interceptor.

I swear to fuck if this goddamn movie opens on an ice planet I'm swearing off Star Wars forever.
>>
New star wars thread

Will they kill off Luke in the last jedi? Am I wrong in thinking it would be a huge mistake? Ray is going to do some cool shit in order to turn this franchise into hers.
>>
>>15710639
A blend of the Tie Advanced and Tie Interceptor. Meaning it has its own hyperdrive.
>>
>>15710639
>opens on an ice planet
Thank god that it opens on an salt planet ;^)
>>
>>15710639
Well then, say goodbye to that shit.
>>
File: 1499890946787.jpg (70KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1499890946787.jpg
70KB, 700x525px
>>15711099
>>
File: 1499893408875.png (248KB, 695x524px) Image search: [Google]
1499893408875.png
248KB, 695x524px
>>15711100
And hey, remember Imperial Guards?
They're back, only Disneyfied!
>>
File: bravo, lego and disney.jpg (105KB, 566x723px) Image search: [Google]
bravo, lego and disney.jpg
105KB, 566x723px
>>15711103
Also, did you love the retarded cousin of the B-Wing from the last movie?
Now you can buy a slightly bigger version of 1/4th of it for over half the price!
>>
File: I'MGONNACUM.jpg (231KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
I'MGONNACUM.jpg
231KB, 1280x720px
>>15711103
>>15711100
>>15711099
>>15711105
Hey, look! Things I know!
>>
>>15711114
STAR DESTROYERS!
>>
File: Resurgent-class_Star_Destroyer.png (3MB, 4000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Resurgent-class_Star_Destroyer.png
3MB, 4000x1200px
>>15711122
>>
>>15711143
IT BROKE NEW GROUND
>>
>>15711147

OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHD
>>
>>15711114

AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST
>>
I've said it before but it bears repeating; I really hate how most of the Sequel Trilogy's designs are just rehashes of the OT stuff. Say what you will about the Prequels, but at least they had a bunch of new and cool designs for the droids, ships, etc. that weren't just slightly tweaked OT designs.
>>
>>15711100
Oh look, a Hipster-ST.
>>
>>15711169
Yeah. The prequels were shitty, but at least Lucas tried something new.
>>
File: darsfefgeg.jpg (10KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
darsfefgeg.jpg
10KB, 236x236px
>>15711174
Forgot the picture.
>>
>>15711154
UGLY B-WINGS!
>>
>>15711185
"resistance bomber" Isn't that supposed to be a replacement for the nebulon-b? In the trailer these things are the size of capital ships.
>>
>>15710621
A top speed other than c in space?
>>
I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW IT
>>
>>15711185
I like their design, not being sarcastic here. They look like something out of old 40s scifi.
>>
>>15711185
>UGLY B-WINGS!
But B-Wings are already ugly. I think some EU works even poked fun at their shit design.
>>
File: B-wing_infly.jpg (36KB, 888x613px) Image search: [Google]
B-wing_infly.jpg
36KB, 888x613px
>>15711286
>B-Wings are already ugly.

"Shut the fuck up." - Admiral Ackbar
>>
>>15711099
>Literally gonna be a copy paste of episode V

wtf I hate star wars now
>>
>>15711169
You realise a lot of PT designs were also just tweated OT designs right? Given that most of the designs were to serve as a basis for future in-universe designs. The progress from PT - OT - ST makes sense, even if the difference is not as obvious with OT - ST.
>>
>>15711371
A lot of them took the evolution of the machines in interesting directions though. The six legged walkers, the Jedi fighters looking like mini star destroyers that evolved into psuedo-tie fighters. Now everything is just 1/1 to an existing OT design.
Also the PT had the advantage of having the droids which gave us countless new designs with no real equivalent.
>>
>>15711099
>>15711100
>>15711103
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT HURTS
>>
>it's not red
Dropped.
>>
>>15711187
Heavy anticapital corvette?
>>
>>15711387
>Now everything is just 1/1 to an existing OT design.
If it ain't broke...
>>
>>15711362

Just like how TFA was basically a copy-paste of Episode IV.

Disney is being painfully and inexplicably safe. It's fucking Star Wars. Slap the logo on anything and people will snap it up regardless of the movie's quality. The PT are universally shit, but still made millions of dollars on merchandising alone.
>>
>>15711480
Especially considering the FO is a fringe remnant group with nowhere near the logistics support of the Empire at its peak, and the Resistance is running on Rebellion surplus, internally it makes sense: many of these designs are immediate successors to designs that have proven their worth during the Galactic Civil War.

Don't fuck with what works, unless it involves putting some extra luxuries into a TIE like shielding and life support +/- hyper.
>>
>>15710621
ST just proves how much better the PT films were.
>>
>>15711570
and yet they built a fking planet sized solar powered superdeathstar
>>
>>15710639
but it's like poetry its sort of, they rhyme
>>
Wow all those amazing designs. It is confirmed. The Last Jedi will be the greatest movie ever. Luke will die and Rey will the strongest force repulse ever. Destroying the planet she is on. When she awakens she will be floating in aspace with the force covering her whole body. She will look into the camera and give her final line of the movie. "I AM A STAR WAR" and she flys off towards snoke by using the force.
>>
>>15711187
Nebulon-b ships are transport frigates, not bombers.
>>
>>15711362
What killed Disney Star Wars for me was when they showed the Republic capital being blown up along with its system, apparently showing the balls to destroy Coruscant. And then they just went "lolnope, this was the Hosnian system. Never heard of Hosnian? That's cause we just made it up." That was even worse than the whole OT recycling.

I'm also extremely pissed with the direction they've taken with video games. Some of the most fun games I've played were Star Wars games, but Disney just killed everything that was in development, shifted the focus toward browser and mobile games and gave motherfucking EA a ten-year exclusive deal for major platforms, making sure I won't see another good SW game in the foreseeable future.

At least Rogue One was decent. But it doesn't make up for the rest, including killing the EU.
>>
>>15711753
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

I don't know, I mean a lot of it looks really great
>>
>>15711999
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0248pUAteWk
>>
>>15711988
Probably explains why Disney is so deseparate at this point they are constantly now recycling material from the old EU/pre-Disney Star Wars universe into Disney.
>>
File: jay.jpg (78KB, 647x594px) Image search: [Google]
jay.jpg
78KB, 647x594px
>>15711185
Yuck.
#NotmyBwing
>>
>>15711570

>FO is a fringe remnant group with nowhere near the logistics support of the Empire at its peak,

That's the flimsy handwave to satisfy lore nerds. In the movies themselves they're a 1:1 copy of the OT Empire in terms of how they function in the plot. "Remnants of the Empire are up to no good" could've been an interesting plot by having the Empire as underdog terrorists and putting the Republic on the defensive, but instead they went for a safe copy of the OT trilogy to hook kiddies into becoming a new generation of fans.

Same with the Resistance and the Rebellion.
>>
>>15712292
Yeah that was dumb but then again it was written and directed by Jar Jar Abrams so its not surprising.

>Hey the FO/imperial remnants are totally the smaller underdog here but lets have them shove a planet sized death star that's even more ridiculous then the 900 km second one the Empire built 35 years earlier

To be honest even the Resurgent-class' design also disgusted me despite it aping one of my favorite EU SDs stylistically, which were the Pellaeon SDs from Legacy.
>>
>>15712303

I get the feeling that "ST must be a rehash of the OT" was mandated by Disney themselves, and J.J. had to work as best as he could within that strict framework.
>>
>>15712314
Nah, the changes were all mandated by Abrams himself who wanted to play it as safe and conservative as possible. The only thing that really grinds me nerves is the fact that almost every critical review of TFA/Episode VII praises this instead of decrying it. They rehashed, quite literally, the entire Original Trilogy, in The Force Awakens.
>>
>>15710621
>not red
>going 3 times faster
>>
>>15712327
It ultimately looks at the OT from a different context, and whether or not there's a long term plan in mind to work with that remains to be seen.

>>15712292
>Remnants of the Empire are up to no good" could've been an interesting plot by having the Empire as underdog terrorists and putting the Republic on the defensive

But by your own logic that's just flimsy justification for lore nerds, which so universally dismisses any possible idea one could suggest for the antagonist faction that one wonders what's the point of doing anything when it's just flimsy justification.
>>
>>15712362
It worked for Tallgeese.
>>
>>15712327

Eh, it's sorta 'the old trilogy but with different villains and different heroes.' The OT didn't exactly have a Finn or Kylo after all... and for a reintroduction? 'The old but with new,' makes sense to me.
>>
>>15712365
>It looks at the OT from a different context
No it doesn't.
>>
>>15712365

It's a flimsy justification because the FO itself is exactly like the Empire in the OT in terms of how it behaves and how it's portrayed in the movies. If the FO actually acted like a remnant group that didn't have the manpower and funding the Empire had, it'd make sense. Instead, the FO is the Empire with a different name, right down to having a doomsday weapon in the first part of the ST and having the resources to pursue the good guys like they own the place in the second movie of the trilogy.

Disney made what could've been an interesting take on the Empire (outgunned remnant fanatics cause trouble in the Republic) into a cheap excuse to explain why the Empire is back in all but name.
>>
File: MikePenceHeadShake.gif (3MB, 414x382px) Image search: [Google]
MikePenceHeadShake.gif
3MB, 414x382px
>>15711100

What the fuck is that even supposed to be?

lol
>>
>>15712427
>interesting take
>just trades places between the Rebs and Imps

Look, if it doesn't do anything about showing life from the POV of a stormie or similar grunt, I don't think you can make the Empire or its successors any way interesting without covering treaded ground.

And unfortunately there's such an emphasis on dehumanizing the mooks making up those factions by the upper echelons of those factions themselves that we'll never get some sort of Trooper Jarhead story.
>>
>>15710639
I could've sworn Interceptors didn't show up in SW until RotJ
>>
>>15711999
Hmm, seeing this fills me with hope. You could say I have a Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hopeâ„¢ because of it.
>>
>>15711100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVV-ozgxxtY
>>
File: 1460802181098.png (592KB, 762x948px) Image search: [Google]
1460802181098.png
592KB, 762x948px
Man, I don't even know any more.
>>
>>15711088
Wow that's literally the same ship.

GG Lucas...
>>
File: 1487115115375.gif (994KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1487115115375.gif
994KB, 500x281px
>>15711100
theyve gone full strandbeast
>>
>>15712470
MUH GRUNTS MUH GRUNTS
god I hate people like you
>>
>>15711753
Spaceboots, is that you?
>>
>>15711999
>written a story that's unexpected BUT RIGHT
>that look of perpetual disgust on Hamill's face while he tries to say something nice

Man, if that doesn't tell you that it's going to shit all over the established lore, than nothing will.
>>
>>15717052
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw0IR6fJlV0
>>
>>15717081
We've all seen it already.

The stuff from that 'behind-the-scenes' teaser further confirms it because the entire fucking cast is basically saying that the story is shit without having to admit it's shit.

At least Carrie got to die without having to see the shitstorm this movie is going to produce.
>>
>>15717122
I blame Disney for driving Carrie back to coke.
>>
>>15717081
>if you think you're going to go in and recapture your childhood, you're setting yourself up for disappointment

But that's literally the only leg this fucking franchise has to stand on. It doesn't have an intricate, nuanced expansive setting, it doesn't have an epic storyline that could be viewed and explored from all sorts of angles, it doesn't have deepest lore.
It just has very specific visuals designed to make you go I REMEMBER THAT FROM BACK WHEN I DIDN'T HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITIES AND IT MAKES ME HAPPY and then you clap.
>>
>>15718816
Exactly. It was a veiled way of saying you'll be disappointed no matter what.
>>
>>15718816
i think if you want all that out of movies and videogames, your a fucking idiot
>>
>>15718836
Where did I ever imply that, you butthurt clown?
>>
>>15711114

>shits on rogue one for it.
>jacks off to force awakens
>>
>>15711988
>tfw almighty TIE Fighter has still not been bested
>>
>>15718816
>and then you clap

Oh ho, not over here you don't, Yankee-doodle.
>>
>>15718863
My problem with Rogue One is it literally had nothing new to add, except maybe the K2-S0 droids. It didn't fill in any real gaps and didn't do anything interesting with the premise, so I was expecting cool tech at least. And there was hardly any.
>>
>>15718872
>Setting right before the OT
>wants new tech
your whats wrong with star wars right now
>>
>>15718872
Rogue One gave a reason for the rebels to have no fleet at Yavin.
>>
>>15718886
What's wrong with star wars right now is the han solo prequel. The point is that these prequels are largely pointless and answer even less questions than the PT did. If all we can hope for is just CG eyecandy of technology from the original movies, what is the point of even seeing the films?
>>
>>15718886
Except this series is set in an entire fucking galaxy. Do you have any idea how big a galaxy is? An anecdote: Somebody decided to circumnavigate the full scale galaxy in elite dangerous, as in going all the around the rim. Traveling at an average of 60 lightyears per minute, it took two and a half months.
>>
>>15718872

My problem was the characters were so shitty and unlikable. Only character I cared for was Mads and the Imperial guy.

Also Disney can eat shit for making cool character like Kyle Katarn non-canon.
>>
>>15710639
>I swear to fuck if this goddamn movie opens on an ice planet I'm swearing off Star Wars forever.
Why didn't you do that when they blatantly remade the first Star Wars except with absolutely awful characters and dialogue?
>>
>>15718912
Something's off with those numbers. The Milky Way's ~300,000 light years around, which would be ~80 hours at 60 ly/minute.
>>
>>15718912
this is star wars faggot, it takes like a couple hours to travel from one end to the other
>>
>>15718872
>it literally had nothing new to add
>Gian V-44 (First appearance)
>MC75 cruiser (First appearance)
>Profundity (First appearance)
>Dauntless (First appearance)
>Intimidator (First appearance)
>Persecutor (First appearance)
>Eta-class supply barge (First appearance)
>Delta-class T-3c shuttle (First appearance)
>ST 149 (First appearance)
>SW-0608 (First appearance)
>LMTR-20 (First appearance)
>T-65C-A2 X-wing starfighter (First appearance)
>HCVw A9 turbo tank (First appearance)
>TX-225 GAVw "Occupier" combat assault tank (First appearance)
>Railspeeder (First appearance)

>It didn't fill in any real gaps
It just answered the question how the rebels got the plans to the fucking Death Star, an event on which the entirety of IV hinges, which has only been detailed in one EU novel and a gamebook so far.
>>
>>15719085
>It just answered the question how the rebels got the plans to the fucking Death Star
Did anyone really ever ask that? I can understand juicing character standalone movies more than whatever Rogue One was for.
>>
>>15719085
Nobody needed to know that the exhaust pipe doohickey was a deliberate sabotage conducted by a butthurt scientist and not just an oversight by a huge evil empire
>>
>>15719116
dont move the goalposts, people said it answered no questions, it does in fact answer questions, you cant handwave that away because they arent the questions you wanted answered ffs
>>
>>15719109
It's just thrown in there as the first two paragraphs of the IV opening crawl. Of course there are people who wanted to know what happened.

>>15719116
>deliberate sabotage conducted by a butthurt scientist
I deliberately chose to forget that part.
>>
>>15710621
Looks too derivative. Need more bizarre looking TIEs like the defender, bomber, or the striker from Moulin Rouge One.
>>
>>15710639
>I'm swearing off Star Wars forever.

You and I both know that that's not going to happen regardless of the presence of an ice planet.
>>
>>15719154
I already have. After TFA I said fuck it, Star Wars has been dead for decades and it took Disney to make me realize it won't ever beat the original films.
>>
>>15718872
My problem with Rogue One are the characters, both rebels and imperials. The main characters are totally uninteresting and in some cases even pointless. For example, it would change anything at all if we removed the machine gun monk from the movie?
And if the main cast was there to show the diversity of people in the rebellion, why there is no alien in the main group?

Not just that, the imperial character, and the imperial forces in general in the film, are incredibly non-threatening. In almost no moment they seem to really be with the upper hand, at all, like in the old movies where they are this opressive force upon the galaxy, and the imperial characters are truly menacing. Orson Krennik is just a loser running around like a lame idiot. If you ask anyone what was the most memorable scene from Rogue One they will probably tell you that it was not any scene involving the original characters from the movie, but that it was that final scene with Darth Vader. That show you how poor the characters of this movie are.

And why even try to make up that the Death Star was Orson idea and pet project that Tarkin appropriated, if this simply contradicts what the Prequel Trilogy and the Tarkin novel, both considered canon, show us?
>>
>>15718872
It helped to put into context just how dire things were going into IV.

In fact I honestly like RO a lot for how it recontextualized ANH such that the Rebels were clearly flying by the seat of their pants after nearly getting butchered during their first victory as described in the ANH crawl rather than riding off of good momentum from said victory.
>>
>>15711103
>3 legs
>2 vaganias
Maybe more. Imagine.
>>
I really wish the Dark Trooper project was brought into canon on some level; probably as a dual robotic and cybernetic project as a means to explain where some of the First Order manages to retain the number of troops they have as well as add another element to them. One of willing to do whatever it takes, even if it means rebuilding their injured as cyborgs and supplementing them with robotic Stormtroopers that keep getting back up until their cores are permanently damaged.

Then throw in "Traitor" as a recurring rival to Finn, as he increasingly loses his humanity to machinery in single-minded vengeance.

Really, I just want Dark Troopers made canon, and made true terror soldiers of the technologically-advanced First Order.
>>
>>15719085
>It just answered the question how the rebels got the plans to the fucking Death Star

In the most retarded way possible.
>>
>>15720287
I feel like you'd call any explanation of it that didn't fit the vague outline of it you have in your head retarded.

Yes, we didn't NEED a movie showing how it happened, but we got it. We didn't NEED a trilogy showing the Clone Wars, the downfall of Anakin, the Jedi and the Republic, but we got it.

>>15719489
>And why even try to make up that the Death Star was Orson idea
That wasn't at all what they showed. They showed he was more or less in charge of managing its construction and he was pissed when Tarkin showed up and just took control over it away from him. Imagine you're working at a company. Your manager tells you to do a project for work to pitch to the boss or whatever, and you think you're going to get credit for it because, you know, you did most of the work. Then your manager comes in, takes your project and pitches it to your boss as if he did most of the work.
Would you be pissed, or would you be a prideless little cuck that lets people walk over him?

>>15717122
So fucking edgy.
>>
>>15720287
I'd go so far as to say it actually taints the original Star Wars movie. If the exhaust port were an intentional flaw, why did it have ray-shielding and made incredibly difficult to hit? If that was all the Rebels needed to know, why did they need the entire schematic? Why would Leia say a pitiful, bullshit lie to Vader's face when he apparently watched her get away with the plans?

It's one thing to be an unnecessary story, but it just had to be uninteresting nonsense, too.
>>
>>15720322

The entire plot of the movie makes no sense. All Orso needed to do was include 1% of the plans showing the port with his message. That's it.

Jyn didn't give a fuck about Rebellion then instantly changes her mind and suddenly needs to make a speech in front of the council fighting for 20 years.

Dude who worked as an assassin for the Rebellion since he was a little kid suddenly decides to ignore orders because they told him to kill MC's father.

Everything about the movie was great except for the fucking main plot that was complete garbage.
>>
>>15720324
A target the size of a womp rat is useless intel without knowing where it is, not to mention formulating a good plan of approach makes and breaks the entire Battle of Yavin. The plans didn't just cover the port, they also showed how the equatorial trench leads straight to it, and how that trench is a blind spot for a lot of turbolaser battery to the point that flipping shields to forward would make the run a straight shot breeze in a vacuum.

As for making it such an obnoxious target, the port eluded oversight because of how inconsequential it looked. No one would have figured out the exhaust port was such a crippling weakness without a total teardown of the final weapon, which would've undermined all the work and investment made into building the Death Star at all. And if the Imp brass realized what the Rebs would, that the trench run is a legit doable thing, they might have scrambled the TIEs, if not also request further TIE squadrons. Keep in mind the TIEs nearly swung the battle in the Empire's favor, if they came more and/or earlier the whole thing would be a clean sweep for them.

As for Leia, she and Vader knew it was bullshit, but she was playing the diplomat card no matter what. Suspending the Senate doesn't mean you can't invoke diplomatic immunity and push the narrative that the Empire is just doing whatever the hell it wants without any basic respect for the sovereignty of worlds, which subtly encourages support for the Alliance to Restore the Republic.
>>
>>15720324

> If the exhaust port were an intentional flaw, why did it have ray-shielding

The ray shielding is unlikely to have just been covering the exhaust port, and instead covering large sections of the exterior, including the exhaus port. Additionally, some engineer other than Jyn's father may have noticed it and made some effort to reinforce it during construction.
> and made incredibly difficult to hit?

It basically had to be ina weird, out of the way place; anything in plain sight or that was easy to hit would have a higher chance of being found during design.

> If that was all the Rebels needed to know, why did they need the entire schematic?

The Death Star is a huge sphere, you need a large chunk of the schematic just to show where it is in relation to externally identifiable objects as well as to show how it affects the interior. If they were only provided a slice of the greater whole they'd have to first pin point what section of the station they have never seen that it details. Which isn't ideal, even if the station isn't largely uniform across the exterior.

> Why would Leia say a pitiful, bullshit lie to Vader's face when he apparently watched her get away with the plans?

As a diplomat she should have diplomatic immunity. An obvious lie would normally be enough to cover her and he ship regardless of her actions and whether everyone involved knew different in reality. Even if she knew it'd do no good and as far as she knew the Senate was still a thing for instance, so she has no real reason to suspect Vader would ignore that immunity, then an obvious lie and naked defiance is still better than defiance on it's own since the lie increases the chances her men would get off the hook and Vader would concentrate on her if nothing else.
>>
>>15720287
Would you rather want something completely idiotic like some imperial stormtrooper turned rebel who solos an entire base to get the plans?
>>
>>15720388

Really you seem to just be nitpicking reasons to dislike the movie. It's not A New Hope or the original trilogy were faultless; Vader acts much more subservient in A New Hope than the other two, Leia never brings up Alderaan's destruction again once they leave the Death Star, instead comforting Luke be a one guy he'd just met died and so on. Hell, if you include the prequels, you've got an entire society acting like the Force is an old wives tale despite the Republic existing with thousands of Jedi only only 20 odd years ago.
>>
>>15720389

Guys, I'm being paid by Disney and despite corporate employment in no way guaranteeing loyalty or love I'm apparently blind to my employers faults and will just mindlessly parrot the company line: which is to say that no one who isn't paid could like or defend a thing. Clearly the only plausible explanation for someone saying something you don't like or agree with is money.
>>
File: Star_Wars_Rebels_Season_Three_18.jpg (272KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_Rebels_Season_Three_18.jpg
272KB, 1920x1080px
>>15720086
Too bad, they've been reduced to loss prevention bots now.
>>
>>15720322
>That wasn't at all what they showed. They showed he was more or less in charge of managing its construction and he was pissed when Tarkin showed up and just took control over it away from him.
Thats not what I remember. If memory serves right, what they showed was a sceptical Tarkin arriving to see the Death Star being tested while mocking the whole project and Orson itself. When he see that shits really works he gets impressed and steal the credit from Orson. Thats what I remember seeing. But I only saw the movie a single time in the cinema.
>>
>>15720436
Lame as fuck.
>>
If Vader knew for sure that the plans were on the Tantive IV, why didn't he just blow it up? Surely the Empire would have at least one copy of the plans on the Death Star itself.
>>
>>15720506

That question is just as applicable to A New Hope devoid of any other films or context as it is to A New Hope in the light of Rogue One. And the answer is the same in both cases too; Leia and the Tantive IV are substantial links to the rebellion and Vader wants to use them to find the greater whole, not just one ship. He and Tarkin knew Leia was lying in the original film too. That's not something Rogue One adds.
>>
>>15720506
Vader had to make sure she hadn't sent them off somewhere before he caught her. For all he knew they could have transmitted the plans to someone before he caught up with them.
>>
>>15718872
>Ignoring the sexiness that is the U-Wing, ship that looks great, looks like it was always just offscreen during the OT, and fulfills a much needed role of the rebels finally getting their own transport/gunship to match the Lambda/Sentinel/LAAT.
>>
>>15720086
>>15720436
Echo is still a proto-Phase Zero Dark Trooper
>>
File: Echo Dark Trooper.jpg (428KB, 1300x900px) Image search: [Google]
Echo Dark Trooper.jpg
428KB, 1300x900px
>>15720562
forgot pic
>>
Well, I guess if they're going to rip off the original trilogy, at least we're at the best of the three now.
>>
File: Phase 2 Still Canon.png (78KB, 377x254px) Image search: [Google]
Phase 2 Still Canon.png
78KB, 377x254px
but only Phase II Dark Troopers are still canon because they appear in SW:Commander
>>
>>15720568
The Last Jedi has big shoes to fill and I'm not confident that it can deliver on expectations, high though they may be. It's hard to feel jazzed about a movie paralleling the Empire Strikes Back when you pretty much know for certain that it can never reach that level of quality.

It's like chasing a first high. At what point do you just give-up on it or give in to addiction?
>>
>>15720568
>ESB
>best

I've made my case in past threads, but considering the plot of the Star Wars saga is more often than not sorta just meh at best, the best metric by which to evaluate a Star Wars is by its special effects, in which case Return of the Jedi utterly shits all over ESB thanks to the grand spectacle of scale model choreography that is the Battle of Endor's space front.

I'll admit I'm employing hyperbole here, but consider the technology available to ILM at the time, stuff like the dive into the DS-II is on a technical level absolutely impressive, and it holds up incredibly well to this day with little if any Special Edition muddling.

All Empire has that could compete is the asteroid field and that was comparatively tame next to the Endor furball, which was, what, the first proper fleet on fleet battle in the saga right?
>>
>>15720567
>>15720571
Here's hoping both are included; the former in the form of cyborg Stormtroopers and the latter in the form of robotic Stormtroopers.

Then Phase III+ in the form of Traitor in his obsessive stalking of Finn.
>>
>>15720681
Hoth was pretty cool
>>
File: 1492559499543.jpg (31KB, 548x536px) Image search: [Google]
1492559499543.jpg
31KB, 548x536px
>>15720681
>Jedi had better 'splosions than Empire.
>>
>>15720681
Nice try, George.
>>
File: drift.png (433KB, 360x408px) Image search: [Google]
drift.png
433KB, 360x408px
>>15720681
>I've made my case in past threads, but considering the plot of the Star Wars saga is more often than not sorta just meh at best, the best metric by which to evaluate a Star Wars is by its special effects, in which case Return of the Jedi utterly shits all over ESB thanks to the grand spectacle of scale model choreography that is the Battle of Endor's space front.
>Things go boom better, therefore it's better
>>
>>15721028
>>15721065
>>15721079
Fuck off clone trooper.
>>
>>15710648
She's going to be the super special princess "gray" jedi who's both sith and jedi without their weaknesses because her uterus allows her to really master emotions unlike men.

I wish I was joking but you know as well as I do now that Leia is gone , they're going to do this and use it as excuse to make a new trilogy.
>>
>>15720594
Disney doesnt care, you are going to see it to confirm your disappointment, but you are still seeing it, which is all Disney cares about.

I actually hate Star Wars fans more than anything in the movies now, because they bitch non-stop online about what they don't like about new SW, and yet they watch every single fucking SW thing that comes out.
>>
>>15716932
holy shit you're on the wrong board motherfucker
>>
>>15711999
Jeez at least phasma is gonna appear again. Here's to hoping she gets more than 3 lines.
let's hope it has at least 1 (ONE) interesting thing in it.
Also, the new short asian fatty looks pretty horrible she isn't cute in the slightest, and I have yellow fever!
>>
>>15720681
>but considering the plot of the Star Wars saga is more often than not sorta just meh at best, the best metric by which to evaluate a Star Wars is by its special effects
Holy shit, anon. I'm gonna copy this """""argument""""" to bait people in other stuff. Thanks!
>>
>>15718863
TFA actually tries to make you give a shit about the characters unlike Rogue One
>>
>>15721784
>>
>>15721784

I don't understand why they chose the UGLIEST possible people to headline the new movies. I mean, I would be a lot more amendable to Finn if he looked like Denzel Washington or Will Smith. Rey would also be a lot more tolerable if she was hot.

Now the new Asian girl is an ugly Asian girl. Look, I don't have high standards - that chick from Pacific Rim is about good enough for me. But they ALL look like shit. Kylo Ren, who should look like a young SS officer, looks like a gawky jewish teenager.

I mean, exactly who am I supposed to sympathize with in this movie? The female Mary Sue? The nigger? About the only guy I liked was Kylo Ren, and even that it was a 'I guess there isn't anyone else' way.
>>
>>15722557

> only the beautiful are sympathetic, interesting or entertaining
>>
>>15711753
>"I AM A STAR WAR"
I'd kek
>>
>>15722557
I'll agree that Kylo is the only one with something relatively deep going on with his character.

Finn doesn't even makes sense to me. Why would a person raised in a militarized cult-like environment be so informal and quippy? They could have done so much more with him trying to learn how to be an ordinary person for the first time.
>>
>>15711100
>Literally a Strandbeest
>>
>>15722601
>Why would a person raised in a militarized cult-like environment be so informal and quippy

So, by my reckoning there's two metrics in play for that.

One, the troopers, although not fully fleshed out as people to establish properly without some reasonable assumption, are still regular people living things out in the militant hell culture that is the FO. My basis for that largely comes from the body language of those two troopers who NOPE the fuck away from Kylo while he's having one of his episodes, the way they do it doesn't fit the stereotype of indoctrinated stormie, but rather comes off as two guys just trying not to die. Keep in mind Finn's initial reason for defecting was to not die, with Poe a means to an end. It took the bulk of the film for him to have a better motivation than survival. As far as we can infer, the FO's problem with insubordinates looking to survive rather than unquestioningly serve is probably significant, the indoctrination not taking hold as optimally.

Second, the quipspeak is a consequence of cultural shifts in our world and how they trickle into the production. The sequel trilogy is naturally going to be a product of its time, where witty post-modern dialog that teases awareness of the artifice of fiction is the norm. I'd say the PT and OT also are products of their time, but then again the PT also has a lot of Lucasian dialog that sorta obfuscates the production age of those films.

Mostly though, the latter dominates, but IMO the bigger issue here isn't how Finn doesn't fit the idea of the Trooper enough, but rather that Troopers are frequently too enigmatic for their own good, unless they're the Clone Troopers in which case you miraculously get tons of characterization out of a bunch of Samoan samefaces.
>>
>>15720086
It is. Its included in some of the new Disney mobile Star Wars games.
>>
File: 1450726770520.jpg (339KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1450726770520.jpg
339KB, 2560x1440px
>>15722557
>I don't understand why they chose the UGLIEST possible people to headline the new movies

Why do people like you slam the hyperbole button as hard as possible when you post?

Rey/Daisy Ridley the ugliest possible person they could cast? Really? lol

The thing that bugged me about Anakin in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith is that he looked like a Abercrombie Fitch model. It was distracting, and takes me out of the movie when a persons looks becomes more of a priority than his/her acting talent.
>>
>>15710648
Ray needs to fall on her face this movie and save the shit for the next one
>>
>>15711371
Naboo and separatist had new designs
>>
>>15710648
>Will they kill off Luke in the last jedi?

No, I think Luke will die in episode 9. Luke and Rey have to take down Snoke and Snoke kills Luke and Rey kills Snoke.
>>
>>15723673
>Implying that "the Last Jedi" isn't Rey.
>Implying Mark Hamill wants to be in another Star Wars film.
>>
>>15722778
So you hate attractive actors and hyperbole.
>>
>>15721784
>Jeez at least phasma is gonna appear again. Here's to hoping she gets more than 3 lines.
And she will remain someone no one cares about because she's a shitty attempt to make a cool bad guy.
>>
>>15723774
Not even. Captain Phasma is a toy. Everything about her, including being a woman, was an afterthought.
>>
>>15723774
It's kind of funny how much they failed with Phasma. Before the movie they were hyping her up as the next Boba Fett when in the movie she crumples like a wet paper bag in the face of a snarling Wookie.

Funny thing is that TFA did have a 'Boba Fett' (in terms of a cool background character who the fans liked) and that was TR8TR.
>>
>>15711099
>>15711100
Isn't this the white sand planet in the trailer?
>>
>>15723860
She was the next Boba Fett. Both did nothing and were disposed of down a hole.
>>
>>15723860
TR-8R was the Stark Jegan of TFA.
>>
>>15723911
Boba Fett at least fired a blaster and didn't dissapear as soon as he showed up. Phasma was pretty much him taken to an extreme, which I wish i could believe was some sort of satire, but all that marketing with Phasma makes me think not, just poor communication between marketers and writers.
>>
>>15724348
There's also the fact that Boba Fett was disposed of in an actual action sequence, while Phasma was disposed of as a comical gag, which was considerably less dignifying.
>>
>>15719085
None of that matters though.
>>
>>15711988

The EU never died for me. I will never recgonize any product of the Disney LCD shit machine as Star Wars. It's just a nasty doppleganger of the real thing. Disney can cram it's horseshit up their fluffy mouse ass.
>>
>>15719085

All of that is trash, just like the rest of Rogue One. The movie is objectively shit. Your asspained defense of your waifu movie doesn't change that 100% fact.
>>
>>15724408
I pretty much cherry-pick my canon for a lot of stuff, nowadays. It's pretty much setting yourself up for failure to expect people not to fuck their franchises to death.
>>
>>15724356
>>15724348

Clearly she'll be back, but that doesn't really justify what happened.
>>
>>15721992
"Tries" being the key word.
>>
>>15720571
Wrong, there were phase threes in star wars rebels.
>>
>>15720681
I also think that Empire is the weakest of the OT, but you're not doing us a service with that argumentation.

The whole Wampa scene was a bunch of bullshit, the space slug in the asteroid field was stupid, the split of the action between the Falcon and the too long Dagobah scenes was awkward. So is the timing of everything that happens on Bespin. Oh yes, and it's a waste not to have an air battle in Cloud City.

Most of what happens between the first and last 20 minutes is comparatively weak in comparison, a large part of the climax was ruined by popular culture for those who didn't watch it in cinema the first week and the movie ends with a fucking cliffhanger. I like all of the OT, but I don't see how Empire is near unequivocally considered the best of it.
>>
>>15723703

> implying he doesn't

Hamill has never been nearly as critical or reluctant about Star Wars as Ford. He's probably one of the least reluctant primary characters in any of the films. Fisher, Guinness, McGregor, Llyod, Christianson and probably at least a few others have all been openly critical of the films or else expressed reluctance to come back multiple times in the past. Hamill has no reason to stay quiet if he disliked them or didn't want to do more, and to my knowledge has never done so. Not even for the sequel films.

>>15724560

> the movie ends with a fucking cliffhanger

What cliffhanger? I'm assuming you mean Jan's fate, but that's not a cliffhanger, since his immediate fate is shown within the film's finale and the characters make clear he can survive what's happening for a prolonged period, so the cast have a while to rescue him. It'd be a cliffhanger if it ended with him suspended over the freezing pit and the audience was left to guess how he'd escape, not when he is frozen and taken away as the rest of the cast limp away to heal and plan their next move.
>>
File: soutokuosoncrenic.jpg (9KB, 159x174px) Image search: [Google]
soutokuosoncrenic.jpg
9KB, 159x174px
It hurts that such a potentially cool character got wasted on a weak plot. I would pay all my money for him to kick me down a runway with those shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather.
>>
>>15721610
How do you feel about the Star Wars fans who won't take any criticism aimed at the movies?
>>
File: incredible shit.png (465KB, 1060x721px) Image search: [Google]
incredible shit.png
465KB, 1060x721px
>>15720681
>>15724560
It hurts to live.
>>
>>15724585
My understanding is that he had some kind of accident that scarred him and makes him uncomfortable doing live-action roles, hence why most of his career was voice-acting.
>>
File: 1764490-tiefighterthrawn.png (44KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1764490-tiefighterthrawn.png
44KB, 640x400px
>>15718864

You, sir, know what the fuck is up.

I think it was Polygon who did piece on all the canceled Star Wars games. There were the pretty predictable cases of "Yeah, this was never feasible" or "Okay, we just realized we needed another game that did the exact same thing, and went through on that instead" but then they revealed things like an 'Imperial Commando' sequel to Republic Commando, COD: MW with Stormtroopers, and an 'Imperial Squadron' game based off Rogue Squadron III. The explanation was, "We had this idea, but then we remembered they were the bad guys and someone with the power to cancel every one of them got worried."

It hurts. They'll never beat TF if they don't even try.
>>
>>15725513

He had a motorcycle accident, yes. That was back around about 1980 though, before filming for both Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Both of which he seemingly happily did. I don't even think he was ever uncomfortable doing live action because of it, he just got less roles because the accident made him look older and less boyish. So he moved in to voice acting.
>>
>>15724560
Empire had the best one liners, no Ewoks and the big plot twist.
>>
>>15725513
About a year after the original was released, yeah. It's part of the reason he starts ESB getting attacked by a Rancor. You can see it a lot more in the shitty bootleg Holiday Special tapes.
I don't think that's why he does more voice acting, though. I think he just likes it more. He loved voicing the Joker, you could tell, and that's never a role he would have gotten in a movie.
>>
>>15725719

He's talked in interview before about how when he auditioned for the role of Joker he flat out assumed they wouldn't give it to Luke Skywalker because of type casting so he went in thinking "well even if you're not going to give it to me I'm going to give you the greatest Joker you'll never hire as a kind of fuck you" (paraphrasing, obviously). He practiced on it and then just left and presumed he'd never hear back from them again. It's a pity both that the voice strains him so much and that he never got to play an evil Sith Luke in live action, because god damn he kills it as both Joker and The Trickster on the flash, which is basically bootleg Joker.
>>
>>15711122
I'm actually excited they finally made a lego kit for The Finalizer.
>>
File: clapistan.jpg (46KB, 464x569px) Image search: [Google]
clapistan.jpg
46KB, 464x569px
>>15718816
>and then you clap.
>mfw it's not a meme, Americans actually admit to clapping at movies
>>
>>15727090
I've only ever seen it at like events, never at an average showing but yeah, it does infact happen
>>
File: The_Wynkahthu_Job_18.jpg (205KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The_Wynkahthu_Job_18.jpg
205KB, 1920x1080px
>>15724477
Do some research before you sperg out shit you have no idea on
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_sentry_droid
Rebels Recon aka the behind the scenes show that Star Wars puts out states they are based on Dark Troopers but are not the program:
https://youtu.be/UqxnQZDRF4g?t=3m21s
Just like how the new canon Hammer-heads kinda look like the ones from KOTOR.
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.