[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Regardless of the actual quality of his works, can Kawamori be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: kawamori_delta_cover-1200x675.jpg (43KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
kawamori_delta_cover-1200x675.jpg
43KB, 960x540px
Regardless of the actual quality of his works, can Kawamori be considered an auteur director?
>>
File: BRAVO KAWAMORI.jpg (308KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BRAVO KAWAMORI.jpg
308KB, 1920x1080px
>>15708034
Yes.
>>
>>15708034
Yes, though arguably that status has had a negative effect on the Macross franchise.
>>
>>15708076
I don't get it.
>>
>>15708034
au·teur
ōˈtər/
noun
noun: auteur; plural noun: auteurs

a filmmaker whose personal influence and artistic control over a movie are so great that the filmmaker is regarded as the author of the movie.

Origin
1960s: French, literally ‘author.’
Translate auteur to
Use over time for: auteur
----------------------------------------
I don't think so, unless he paid for everything.
>>
>>15708160
>a filmmaker whose personal influence and artistic control over a movie are so great that the filmmaker is regarded as the author of the movie.
How does this not describe Kawamori to a T?
Isn't he the last one of the original Macross crew still heavily involved in Macross? His name is basically synonymous with the show, and he's designed all of the VF's barring Macross II.
>>
>>15708186
I just don't know, sure why not. Compare to other mecha designers, he is more like Zun the guy that created Touhou.
>>
>>15708218
Zun also fits the definition of an auteur, since he's the the sole original creator of Touhou, and he's only known for being the guy that made Touhou.
>>
>>15708126
The triangle you idiot
>>
>>15708034
Nowadays, yes. Unfortunately, because lately he is the one who disregards the actual quality of his works. He wants to be successful, he doesn't mind doing crap if he thinks it will sell.
>>
>>15708034
A director? Hell no. He usually leaves that to secondaries like in Escaflowne and Mac 7. Whenever he does interfere it's from the perspective of a producer.

That's what he is- a producer. Most of his work is just based on franchises like Macross or Aquarion. He's like Spielberg but without the talent.

Should have just stuck to be a mecha and ship designer.
>>
>>15711001
>Spielberg
>talent
Wanna know how I know you're talking out of your ass with the sole intention to provoke?
>>
I want him to go back to mech design. Say what you will about his directing but his designs are normally fairly solid. Miyatake's designs are better however, at least in SDF Macross.
>>
Not really. Auteurs are much more of control freaks.
>>
>>15711380
>Wanna know how I know you're talking out of your ass with the sole intention to provoke?

You don't, but I expect nothing more from a wannabe /tv/ fedora.
>>
>>15711558
Miyatake didn't design the VF-1 so no.
I do like his spaceships though,
>>
>>15711593
This. Nagano is an auteur.
>>
>>15711380
Not him, but all opinions of Spielberg's quality aside, the man is definitely an auteur because when he makes a movie, you can tell it's one of his (especially Hook).
>>
File: 1479889040925.jpg (136KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
1479889040925.jpg
136KB, 392x495px
>>15711380
>hurr he's popular so he must be bad!
>>
File: 1496734995749.png (150KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496734995749.png
150KB, 500x500px
>>15711380
Nigger are you saying Spielberg is a bad director? I will fucking fight you. I swear I will. Spielberg is one of the greats.

Does your mush brain even allow you to comprehend the impact he has had on film?

Go fuck yourself you contrinarian prick.
>>
>>15708034
He's a phenomenal mech designer but frankly he's not a very good director or writer.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.