[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw Macross II was better than everything Kawamorshit has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 61069.jpg (42KB, 225x321px) Image search: [Google]
61069.jpg
42KB, 225x321px
>tfw Macross II was better than everything Kawamorshit has pinched off since but we'll never get a proper follow-up because he strode in all "nah, this is my shit" and people dropped to their knees to service him because he was the "original creator"
>>
That's a pretty complicated feeling.
>>
>>15706973
The only noteworthy things from II were Sylvie and the Obari VF.
>>
>>15706973

Can't say as I share the sentiment. I found II superficially enjoyable but immediately forgettable and that it left no lasting impression beyond that I've mostly forgot it. I didn't hate or even dislike it, I just didn't anything it really. I do think it had a few neat ideas, like a journalist main character and the designs were nice, but mostly I just don't think it stuck with me.

7's first half was boring but the second half and OVAs are great, Zero is a slightly more enjoyable and memorable experience than II even if it was fairly mediocre overall and Frontier was an inferior retread of the original that was at least enjoyable and had some cool stuff even if it'll never surpass SDF Macross. Delta had a great first episode and that's about it. II is probably the weakest entry to me because while Delta was certainly worse, it was at least memorable and I can summon some kind of impression and emotion regarding it and articulate my feelings on it.
>>
>>15706973
Basically, yeah.
Plus and II are the only good Macross sequels. Zero was alright until the nice lady who sings the song that makes rocks float turned into a giant plantbird thing and they nuked her. Everything after that was complete shit with stupid ancient demons and song energy. If I wanted to see "the power of music" change the laws of physics I'd watch 80's music videos.
>>
>>15706992
>The only noteworthy things from II were Sylvie and the Obari VF.

Which is more than can be said about other Macross series/ovas.
>>
>best VF
>best girl
>best song
Macross II was the best Macross sequel
>>
>>15707291
Found the Robotecher
>>
Starts interesting but then copies DYRL so nope. I did find it funny how Delta is pretty much the plot of 2 but worse.
>>
time for that bitchin opening theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ppTY6EmTeE
>>
>>15706973
Plus was way, way better than II.
Everything else that came after II is either as bad or worst.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.