[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /m/en Been lurking for the last few months, shitposting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: unknown[1].png (3MB, 1915x1079px) Image search: [Google]
unknown[1].png
3MB, 1915x1079px
Sup /m/en

Been lurking for the last few months, shitposting for the last decade on and off. Finally got off my backside and started to make something. Working on some game. Total shit in alpha right now and I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing but I'm having a ton of fun.

Anyway, Wanted to know if you had that SFX pack rip from that one SRW game that got leaked?
It had a shit ton of sfx from various mecha anime in a big zip file a while back.

Well, now I'm gonna do the capcha and pretend I'm not a robot so I can post this.
What are you guys working on? Post your art and stuff. I want to praise you. Its been a while.

Stay gold.
>>
File: unknown[1].png (2MB, 1917x1080px) Image search: [Google]
unknown[1].png
2MB, 1917x1080px
PS: Transforming is fine too
>>
File: KyrgysPrize.png (20KB, 200x77px) Image search: [Google]
KyrgysPrize.png
20KB, 200x77px
>>15705214
It's not strictly /m/, but I'm doing RPG stuff.
>>
>>15705214
I see heavy Armored Core 4 vibes with the interface. Not bad.
>>
>>15705274
Similar gameplay. Same quickboosting/mobility select system, though if in a microgravity environment or the autobalancer is disabled,the "neutral left stick" axis is forward, rather than up.

And yeah, I have a massive hardon for AC4.
>>
>>15705216
>>15705214
What that"MAXAB MAXAB MAXAB" thing in the corner?
>>
>>15705214

Been working on this for a while
>>
File: qb.png (2MB, 1916x1080px) Image search: [Google]
qb.png
2MB, 1916x1080px
>>15705400
>>15705400
Its just dumping the engine state depending on what combination of the analogue triggers I hold at maximum and in what order.

Its going to be used to dump what the machine is doing ingame later (locking targets, data dumps, etc) and it'll be part of the testing system that goes with the customization so players have a sense of the tangible results of their changes (how long a lockon actually takes, etc), bootup stuff, system checks, in-game "error" states (not with the game, but within the game, for example the system flinching or staggering), hidden messages, etc...

I'm actually going to have to write a plugin for Unreal later to add a simple unix-like terminal system ingame that can accept commands or inputs, though thats going into the between-mission parts as part of the storytelling.

For now, its a way for me to learn about character manipulation, arrays etc through trial and error to get a feel for programming.

The code I have thus far is buggy as hell (my "drift" code literally involves pooling for a past directional vector to express magnitude/velocity and its too sharp/aggressive right now) and awful but I'm having a ton of fun. I also haven't written vertical boost yet since I scrapped the robot code and started again a few days ago. I consider this pretty good for less than a month's work and zero programming experience. I'm kind of dreading having to animate the character models but I've already got the transformation figured out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0p4fIzBrKI

>>15705413
Very nice
>>
>>15705214
Is this the pack your looking for?
https://mega.nz/#!qwk2WIrC!_morhuDcpB32BATCZFL9bTTyBaRIm-yUcbYa_ntDNXQ
>>
>>15705413
Hey Moody, when's the movie dude? lmfao
>>
>>15705432
>https://mega.nz/#!qwk2WIrC!_morhuDcpB32BATCZFL9bTTyBaRIm-yUcbYa_ntDNXQ

HECK YES MY DUDE, THANKS
>>
>>15705438
No problem, just keep us updated. I need more mech games in my life.
>>
>>15705413
the pulse rifle looks way too fucking big compared to what its actual size should be.
>>
>>15705445
Just keep in mind I'm a self-taught amateur. I'm figuring this shit out as I go, so you could be waiting a looooong ass time.
>>
>>15705214

What *is* your day job? That lets you have time to work on this?
>>
>>15705652
I'm not considered fit for the workplace.
>>
>>15705736
I hate to pry, but what do you mean?
>>
File: unknown[1].png (243KB, 555x355px) Image search: [Google]
unknown[1].png
243KB, 555x355px
>>15705745
Schizophrenia, severe trust issues, agoraphobia (working on this, getting places slowly), social phobia (don't really socialize at all offline).

I spend most of my time just modelling, learning, reading, painting or sleeping.
>>
>>15705819
>I spend most of my time just modelling, learning, reading, painting or sleeping.
Sounds pretty comfy, desu.

Could you post some pictures of the mech, it looks pretty cool, I'd like to have a better look. Do you have any concept art, or drawings in general?
>>
>>15705424
Really liking what I'm seeing for the movement in this. Makes me think if someone put together the really good transformers games with armored core. Keep up the good work, id love to see if this goes anywhere.
>>
>>15705819
How are you gonna make the transforming plane bot balanced in gameplay, but still a viable choice?
>>
>>15706619
All player units will have a transformation. The transformation may differ depending on the underlying frame beneath (eg: biped to quad for something tank-like).

I already have models that do these things, I just need to get off my butt and animate it all.

I want to improve the viability of slower units by making them better with weapons demanding stability and having a lower radiance for detection so they're harder to detect on radar if their motion is conservative, verses fighters which will show up very easily if their maneuvers are too violent.
>>
>>15706039

k

http://imgur.com/a/icqZ6
>>
>>15706921
ooooh so beneath the AC4 armor and weapons is a... Orbital Frame. A female one. didn't see that coming.
>>
I wish you the best of luck on your project.
>>
>>15707244
Yeeeee. I found a way to get the female form to do a fairly simple transformation that involves the big back main arms actually being attached to a kind of tail that runs up the back and docks as a backpack. It gets folded over the buttocks and a few other parts move about to make a front nose out of the arms and fore-arm parts, and the whole thing becomes back heavy like it should with as few parts being moved around as possible.
>>
>>15706921
pretty cool stuff, I really dig the chocolate butt chicken wings one, would fit in a doujinshi
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.