[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did mecha anime changed your life, influenced you in a good way?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 15

Did mecha anime changed your life, influenced you in a good way?
Kinda like teaching you values and that type of stuff.
>>
File: 1386372273617.png (471KB, 628x452px) Image search: [Google]
1386372273617.png
471KB, 628x452px
>>15704102
Gundam inspired me to get /fit/.
Logh changed the way I think about democracy and humanity as a whole.
>>
It made me more manly.
>>
>>15704102
It probably helped me from trying anhero when I was in a horrible depression.
>>
Nothing changed. I don't fight against the power, I believe that some things are indeed impossible, courage only gets you killed, and etc.

The only thing I got is that indeed, adding things like a lion face just because it looks cool does help to sell stuff and that humanity has the power to be god or the devil considering the atrocities and good things our species is capable of.
>>
>>15704102
It probably helped me not take things so seriously. When I first got into it I was a realism fag but then I saw some super robot shows like Getter Robo Armageddon and GaoGaiGar and learned to embrace silliness.
>>
Anaheim and Jupiter made me realize something.
>>
I learned of the gradual ups and downs of animation quality through time with mecha and that even certain 3d CG shows can look cool if made properly.
>>
File: 1368229547275.png (265KB, 541x577px) Image search: [Google]
1368229547275.png
265KB, 541x577px
Gundam taught me to get over myself and put up with the harsh realities of life. If not for shows like 0079 or Zeta, I probably would have quit my job months ago.
>>
>>15704102
When I read about Russians building AI with killing capacity I think about Dummy Plug Eva and get scurred
>>
I'm literally a 80's mecha MC.
>>
Newfaggy and probably doesn't really count, but FLCL. Overflowing feels every time I revisit it.

It's even a decent primer on 80s/90s alt-rock (The Pillows basically took everything great about Dinosaur Jr, The Pixies, Guided by Voices, Husker Du, The Minutemen and even a little shoegaze and mushed them all together into a pleasant digestible paste)
>>
Grunts are unsung heroes.
>>
It got me to try building Gunpla.
It's a nice hobby.
>>
>>15704773
I don't know, I find those murder robots from Gundam 00 far more frightening.
>>
>>15704102
it made me spend a whole buncha money on manchild toys

I'd say it's a net positive though
>>
Its the only reason why I didn't kill myself yet
>>
File: 0.jpg (207KB, 1000x1436px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
207KB, 1000x1436px
>>15706052
I might add, for me is the tightest shit ever.
I literally feel blessed thinking that I have enjoyed so many mecha anime,manga,games and artbooks.
If I knew how to fucking draw robots that will make so incredibly happy.
I arrived to a point that Anime Songs, Robots and qt 2d girls are my life fuel
>>
File: Shimon.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shimon.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
>>15704102
Not even joking. It was entertaining enough and I admired Simon and Kamina's drive to keep moving forward.

Even if you fall, fall forward-- I watched the show during a difficult period of my education and its paid off. Nice to have some encouragement to see things through to a successful end.
>>
>>15704192
Yup, same here. I always copypasta this answer more or less whenever the subject comes up, but I used to be a very angry, confrontational man when I was younger, and wasted a lot of time getting into fights over dumb crap. After watching different types of mecha anime, on the other hand, I ended up getting a much, much more positive outlook on life. Watching shows like Vifam impressed on me the importance of facing your problems instead of whining about them, and watching LoGH taught me that misdirected anger will never make you anything but but an outcast destined for ignominy, while using whatever talents you have for the benefit of those around you will earn you respect.

So that's what I've been trying to do for the past few years, ever since I really started getting involved with a lot of /m/ stuff. Online, I try to be constructive and positive, and avoid getting angry in debates, since as Yang would say, the essence of democracy is coming to compromise among many different views. I've also tried to be a positive and constructive contributor rather than an angry and negative one by helping out /m/subs with translations; even if I can't learn Japanese, I can use what meager talents I have to help out folks like Starseeker and BROhgami Ichirou (the guy who managed to translate the Shining Heresy). Not only have I got a lot more friends that way, but I also find myself much more at peace and a great deal happier. It's a small thing, but life's good when you associate with friends who share your interests rather than getting into arguments with people who don't. Whenever I'm having a bad day, seeing folks on /m/subs or talking about Knights and Magic on /m/ picks me up.

IRL, I've also tried to be more positive and constructive by voting, getting involved with civic life, and generally being a good citizen. Again, Yang's speeches made me think I'd be better off trying to support my democracy in any small way I could than getting mad at stuff.
>>
>>15704102
Gay sex
>>
File: GP03 Missiles.webm (3MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
GP03 Missiles.webm
3MB, 720x540px
>>15704102
It's ironically the only genre of anime which is actually realistic.

I used to be an anti-war kind of cunt, but Gundam really emphasises how shitty human nature is and how war is always going to be a part of us unless we somehow evolve past it. You can either be a pacifist that accomplishes nothing, or fight for what you believe in and hope that your beliefs can survive after you're gone, because there will always be conflict.
>>
File: 75gy3kx.png (959KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
75gy3kx.png
959KB, 1280x960px
I got into Gunpla, and it helped me cope with my dad being in jail for a few years for a crime he didn't commit. Also somewhat helped me get a girlfriend since she says "its cute when you talk about it" so definitely a net gain. However, I regret some of the bigger purchases I made like special coating perfect grades, not worth it in the slightest.
>>
File: anavel_gato_11903_400x400.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
anavel_gato_11903_400x400.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
"You'll always be just a foot solider unless you can see the whole battlefield"
>>
File: IMG_1230.jpg (66KB, 616x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1230.jpg
66KB, 616x478px
>>15706067
>>
File: 1466170793106.jpg (45KB, 600x578px) Image search: [Google]
1466170793106.jpg
45KB, 600x578px
>>15704102
I used to like robot and action as kid, but as time went by I got lost and started doing stuff just to look like some highbrow person instead of enjoying it.

Of course thing fell apart and I was without any interest for few years.

Until I decided to watch some mecha anime.
Then I saw more. Then I started browsing /m/.
Then I saw even more

Now I am actually an open minded person, enjoying stuff I couldn't imagine I would few years ago. Now I have developed genuine interest in science fiction and interest for mech designs. At some point I even ended up attending some minor robotics workshop in my college.

Currently I am in my job hunt phase so I am not watching much these days apart from some seasonal stuff, but I do intend to learn drawing and draw some mech in free in future.

>>15706225
Kind of like this.
>>
File: sssuuuuuuurrrrreeee.png (584KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sssuuuuuuurrrrreeee.png
584KB, 1280x720px
It taught me that it's okay to be my autistic self. No bully pls.
>>
>>15706266

But isn't gato pretty much just an attack dog, a mere soldier following orders or being driven by batshit insane belief in the zabis? He kind of entirely missed the bigger picture
>>
>>15706358
I feel you m8.
>>
File: 1473515101978.jpg (45KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473515101978.jpg
45KB, 960x720px
>>15704102
Like other anons have said, it helped me think a bit more critically about war, governments, and humanity in general. How people aren't always rational, how bad shit happens, but how that's just how shit is. Blasting rhetoric at people who don't agree with you doesn't get anything done.
>>
Mecha anime gave me something to bond with others for. It gave me brotherhood, and I was able to understand its importance, how it could sow strife in a community, or keep it together.

And now... I have the resolve to keep going, even if the going gets rough.

UOOOOOHHH!
>>
My sister and I now share the same fun Gunpla hobby thanks to the shows. I've always been a fan of building these off and on growing up, and she always loved to see the process of it all. Started off with having her snap the fully assembled parts together, but about a year ago she found the interest to build some her own.
Now we like to out a few hours away to ourselves to work on a kit together and I've loved every minute of it. Started off with a Beargguy III and we recently finished our first custom Petitgguy about a month ago. She's getting into the shows as well after watching GBF together. Still stuck on Zeta after a slight detour for IBO and a bit of Unicorn.
>>
>>15704102
It taught me sheeple deserve punishment for being stupid, ANN does not have any decent critic outside of Mike Toole, and that when action is not on screen it can get boring.
>>
There will never be an anime worse than Infinite Ryvius. Nanoha, Active Raid, VVV, IBO, Mai Hime, Ultimate Girls, Hataraki Man, Eiken, Doomed Megapolis, Fruits Basket, Cool Couple, and Samurai Champloo can try, but IR is genuinely the worst of all time.
>>
Mecha anime and Initial D inspired me to get a drivers license. Something about the bond between a man and his machine makes my heart warm.
>>
Ten years ago, Gunbuster inspired me to get in shape. Lost about 70 lbs around then and have kept a constant weight of 125-130 lbs ever since.
Also I love Noriko.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.