[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not clear on Saotome's intentions during Armageddon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Saotome_Armageddon.png (156KB, 508x476px) Image search: [Google]
Saotome_Armageddon.png
156KB, 508x476px
I'm not clear on Saotome's intentions during Armageddon. When he actually dies in the Shin Getter vs G fight, he says "This is the end of the railroad I've made for you" and then says goodbye or something along those lines.

He also knew Michiru was infected by invaders, so did he orchestrate the events fo Armageddon because he thought it was the only way to rid the world of the invader threat? Or did he truly want humanity to suffer?
>>
>>15703995
Armageddon is doesn't make any sense. It's trash.
>>
>>15704008
>it's trash
Just like your post and your entire existence.

>>15703995
There was a director switch that made things confusing, but this guy on amazon laid it down perfectly.

HE PLOT: My two-cents to help viewers with troubles understanding the story. The real Dr. Saotome is not a bad guy. Noticing the re-emergence of the Invaders after the death of his daughter Michiru, the doctor vowed to avenge by creating the Shin Dragon, a giant battle machine formed by integration of hundreds of Getter machines. Saotome's plan was to use the high concentration of Getter energy from Shin Dragon to attract all the Invaders to the earth and kill them. But the doctor was infected by Invaders himself while preparing the Shin Dragon. What viewers should also understand is that Saotome after episode 3 is 100% "invaderized", before that he was only semi-infected. So he alternated between the good doctor who tried carrying out his Shin Dragon plan when he could control his mind and the crazy scientist whose righteous heart was completely tainted by his hatred of Ryoma and Hayato for the Michiru incident (even though he understands that the Invaders were the ones who caused his daughter's death). Shin Dragon, originally created to combat the Invaders, thus became the huge threat to the human race, until the Getter team wrested control over it from the three invaderized scientists towards the end of the series.
>>
The sequence of events are as follows:
1. Michuru was invaderized during a flying practice and committed suicide.
2. Doctor Saotome found out Cohen and Stinger (the 2 scientists he worked with on the Getter Robo developement) are the real enemies and vowed to avenge.
3. Saotome was killed by Hayato. (Either Hayato killed his clone OR the real Saotome was killed by an invaderized Hayato but revived by Dr. Shikishima.) Saotome escaped from the scrutiny of Cohen and Stinger.
4. The real Saotome started creating Shin Dragon secretly. He also built Shin Getter to protect Shin Dragon until it is ready.
5. Saotome entrusted the real Hayato and Dr. Shikishima to create the 3 pilots for Shin Getter by using the DNA's of Ryoma, Hayato and Saotome. These 3 includes Go who was also created with the ESP power to activate Shin Dragon.
6. Saotome pretended to be a bad guy, took the DNA tubes and unveiled Shin Getter. He did not explain to Ryoma because Shin Dragon was still not ready to fight the Invaders.
6. The half-invaderized Saotome (and Musashi) was killed in Getter 3 by the 2 failed clones.
7. The invaderized Cohen and Stinger directed the UN's nuclear bomb to destroy Shin Dragon. Shin Dragon's Getter Ray polluted the earth.
8. Shin Dragon reappeared after 13 years. The Saotome also reappeared to finish his plan to activate Shin Dragon (and also absorb all the Getter Rays accidentally emitted from the nuclear explosion 13 years ago)
9. The original Getter team used Shin Getter to defeat the invaders and helped Getter Dragon complete its evolution.
10. Shin Getter and Shin Dragon then fought the invaders, Cohen and Stinger near Jupiter. After the battle, the Space was opened up by an explosion.
11. The Getter team was invited into the new dimension by the Getter Emperor (the giant battleship towards the end of the episode) to fight the villains with the many many Getter heroes they have not met before. The new dimension was closed after the villains have been locked up.
>>
>>15703995
Getter Go manga is god-tier and the show is just a shitty remix of it
>>
>>15704016
The OST in Armageddon is god-tier.

And just because Armageddon has problems telling its story, doesn't mean the story is bad itself. Armageddon is not just a Getter Go remix. It's an alternate lore series which acts as an alternate sequel to the original, completely ignoring G's events, given that Musashi and Benkei are still alive.

The Moon Wars is entirely alternate lore, which didn't happen in any of the manga.
>>
>>15704023
I know that my dude i watched/read everything Getter which is available to an english speaking person,i kinda just wanted to say to OP that he shouldn't give a fuck about Armageddon's shitty story and to enjoy it for it's visuals and OST.If he wants a good story he should read the Go manga
>>
>>15704027
>shitty story
The story is not shitty. It's just told badly. Not same.
>>
The intro to Getter Robo Armageddon's first episode has a very horrifying set of events portrayed.

It starts off with a Getter machine, destroyed, and wandering through space.

It eventually makes it some form of Lunar settlement, much to the joy of some guy who looks like he could be a young Saotome.

But then what bursts out from it's chest is a sea of invaders.

I think the big implication of it all is that, in this setting, Getter is found and not built by Saotome.

More importantly, that Getter creates Invaders, and is not a weapon that can actually defeat them. There's sufficient evidence in this when Shin Getter uses its Beam and it ends up devolving everything in its path.

I don't really bother with the rest of the OVA after the director change. My big problem with the rest of GRA is that it chooses to alter the questions being asked, rather than supplying reasonable answers for the questions being posed in the first three episodes.

Then again, I'm very biased in that I really like Imagawa, and really dislike Kawagoe.

So there's that.
>>
>>15704049
>Then again, I'm very biased in that I really like Imagawa, and really dislike Kawagoe.
Then you have no room to talk.

Kawagoe couldn't have done anything about it.

>rather than supplying reasonable answers
Except Kawagoe provided a lot of reasonable answers to the questions that Imagawa raised. At least he picked up the mantle and finished the show with high marks.

Which other director would have accepted to pick up on Imagawa's mess?
>>
>>15703995
Saotome is a bad guy, then he's not a bad guy because he actually had some master plan for all of this, then shit happens. That's Getter Armageddon in a nutshell.
>>
>>15704049
A lot of Kawagoe stuff is shallow (which works fine for some series) but honestly I think he did as well as anyone could have salvaging Armageddon. Imagawa didn't even leave his notes for them to go by.

So while the pacing and story gets a little screwy in the middle I think the fact that it works as well as it does is kind of a feat.
>>
>>15704078
>A lot of Kawagoe stuff is shallow
How so?
>>
>>15703995
He wanted to stop the invaders, but since he became one himself and was also bitter about his daughter dying he went kinda crazy. He genuinely harbored resentment for Ryoma and Hayato but he also set in motion a plan to kill the invaders. As time went on he lost his mind which is why Hayato killed him, or at least thought he did but invaders are tough to kill. The plan was disrupted and Saotome went crazy so things almost went sour but what held his mind somewhat together was he also blamed the invaders for Michiru's death.

After the time skip it seems Saotome is both crazy with revenge and manipulated by invaders but also in the back of his mind he seems to have been testing the Getter team. The only point in the Kawagoe run that he has any mental clarity is after losing the fight against Shin Getter where the invader infection is wiped out and he has a few human moments before he died.

So basically like always Saotome has good intentions but they are behind several layers of being a misanthrope, his own interests, and just a touch of insanity.
>>
>>15704027
There's little to no story in Go, though
Just the humans and dinosaurs fighting straightforward battles until Shin Getter appears and kills everything

Which makes it kinda similar to that Mazinkaiser movie, come to think of it
>>
>>15704195
>Just the humans and dinosaurs fighting
Dinosaurs don't show up until about the last third of the story. Nice try though, sooner or later people won't be able to tell you are shitposting without having read the source material.
>>
>>15704195
>Just the humans and dinosaurs fighting straightforward battles until Shin Getter appears and kills everything
That's a story in itself.

It's a military story and it's great.

>Which makes it kinda similar to that Mazinkaiser movie, come to think of it
The Mazinkaiser movie was about avenging everyone. Not the same thing. Getter Go is a military conflict.

>>15704078
>A lot of Kawagoe stuff is shallow (which works fine for some series)
The two other Getter ovas are shallow, but I don't see how that's the case for Armageddon, Jeeg, Cyborg 009 and the crossover. With those series, you know where it will end.

Maybe not complex, but shallow? I only reserve that term for exploitative ovas.
>>
>>15704250
>Maybe not complex, but shallow? I only reserve that term for exploitative ovas.

That's fair and closer to what I actually meant. I wasn't intending to sound negative.
>>
File: jun_kawagoe.png (476KB, 800x498px) Image search: [Google]
jun_kawagoe.png
476KB, 800x498px
>>15704272
But I wouldn't use simple to describe his shows either.

He did stuff outside Mazinkaiser SKL and New Getter Robo. He also did storyboarding and key animation. He's not just a director.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=4570
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.