[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is G-Reco worth watching if I'm okay with shows that have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: GnoReconguista1.jpg (36KB, 230x325px) Image search: [Google]
GnoReconguista1.jpg
36KB, 230x325px
Is G-Reco worth watching if I'm okay with shows that have nonsense go nowhere stories as long as they have appealing characters and designs/action?

For reference Decade is one of my favourite Riders because I like Tsukasa and the suit design and thought the show was a fun ride despite the bullshit nothing story
>>
>>15703333
wasted quads
>>
>>15703333
I would say those are the strongest parts of Greco. The story's not really nonsense either; it just assumes you're paying attention.
>>
>>15703333

Yes G-Reco is a buffet of robots and interesting ways to shoot lasers.
>>
g reco is a show with a lot of brilliant ideas and a lot of crippling problems, but that is gorgeous if nothing else. worth a watch.
>>
G-reco isn't bad, it just has a few parts where it feels like they skipped an episode because they talk about something, then skip to the after effect.
But yeah, it's fine, looks really great, and has pretty great attention to detail.
>>
>>15703343
I legit loved how in G-Reco characters would do shit when they were talking. They'd walk or fly around during a conversation, when they sit down in their MS they'll get a sip of water if they're thirsty, it just felt sorealistic in a really weird way. Like New Vegas
>>
>>15703333
Someone just post GundamToilet already
>>
File: CUGZDcuWUAE5yyk.jpg (99KB, 600x877px) Image search: [Google]
CUGZDcuWUAE5yyk.jpg
99KB, 600x877px
The whole it makes no sense vs pay attention stuff has gotten overblown at this point. If you couldn't follow the pretty simple story you have brain problems, the main points are stated clearly and repeated you really don't need to pay close attention. It just isn't the constant exposition babble like most shows, but because it became a meme that greco made no sense people went in looking to be confused and blame any issue on that.

What people really get hung up on is the random little things. Stuff like mixing up capital guard and capital army, one word and different uniforms is too much for some people. I think where a lot dropped the show is when people got confused why Bellri & co were trusted by the pirates, despite Bellri proving his loyalty by fighting with them and was the only competent pilot for the g-self. Then it was why aren't they trying to escape, despite conversations and a whole episode on just that but it goes wrong. Neither of those are weird at all, especially by Tomino standards. I think the issue is when people get a notion about a show they are unwilling to change it, if something breaks the mold it must be in a safe way that just appears crazy.

The only thing really holding it back is a few awkward translations, but with how low tier anime translations are in general it isn't real problem. That and a few extra episodes would have been good.
>>
G-reco is very similar in tone to King Gainer, Turn A Gundam, and F91. Its very """Tomino""". If you liked any of those, you'll probably like Greco, if you like greco, you should definetly watch those.
>>
I have a QUESTION, although I know I'm just going to get shit on and told to pay attention.

Considering the Capital Army was created in response to Amerian and Towasangan aggression, aren't they kind of totally vindicated in the end when they're attacked by both parties?
>>
>>15703333
good quads, shit show
>>
Pic related is a captcha I got while trying to shitpost. If that isn't a sign from heaven, I don't know what is.
I legit love G-Reco though. One of my favourite gundam series, if not just in general.
Sure, it has problems with pacing but if you take your time and think about what happened each episode, it shouldn't be a problem no matter how retarded you are.
Have fun with it if you do watch the show.
>>
>>15704564
Sure you might see it like that. Its been a while since I watched it, but I'm pretty sure that them founding Capital Army is the reason why the Amerian and Towasangan aggression developed into full scale warfare. That doesn't mean they were wrong to create an army though. shits complex, yo
>>
File: CWW0LEEUEAABExT.png (133KB, 405x600px) Image search: [Google]
CWW0LEEUEAABExT.png
133KB, 405x600px
>>15704564
Well yes and no.

The aggression was mainly a reaction to backwards law enforced on them as a religion. Simply looking at the moon with an okay telescope was taboo and a step too far. Despite a serious threat coming from there soon. The only real aggression was the covert pirate action, which would be a huge mess politically.

The proper trigger for forming the army was rescuing Bellri and his sandwich, which Cumpa actually set in motion himself. He also was the one leaking all the technology and basically being a smarmy Machiavellian dick. So basically he purposefully created the aggression to justify his own actions.

So there was justification, the circumstances of it are questionable though. Which is something that seems to run through Greco. The act of fighting isn't always evil, but don't do so on old and faulty premises that you get carried away in. Instead go experience the world and come to your own conclusions. Which is what Tomino wanted younger people to do with Abe trying to remilitarise and then get bum fucked by china.
>>
>>15704702
>>15704594
>>15704564
But I thought G Reco was senseless crap!
>>
>>15703333
If you like Moe Shit sure.

Gary Stu is a treasonous cunt who's just allowed to do what ever he wants. One of my least favourite protags
>>
File: indirect bell.jpg (205KB, 646x911px) Image search: [Google]
indirect bell.jpg
205KB, 646x911px
>>15704745
mask plz
>>
>>15704710
G-Reco is a moron-filter show. If you don't get it, then you may be disabled and need professional help.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.