[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Votoms thread. Saw the TV series a year or two ago and just got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

Votoms thread. Saw the TV series a year or two ago and just got done with Melllowlink. Are the other OVAs good?
>>
File: 000a.jpg (472KB, 1600x1311px) Image search: [Google]
000a.jpg
472KB, 1600x1311px
>>15691201
i don't really like how the OVA overgloss Chirico untouchable god status. other than that, they're fine.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (90KB, 685x954px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
90KB, 685x954px
>>15691201
They're of varying quality
First three are okay, but kinda forgettable. The problem with them is that they make Chirico's plot armor an actual thing in universe
Shining Heresy is a mixed bag, it has some nice action, but it focuses on some irrelevant characters and the ending will probably sour you on it for what it does to the continuity. I get the feeling Takahashi wanted the series to die, but Bandai wouldn't let him kill it.
Pailsen Files and Phantom Arc were pretty damn bad, both being poorly done retreads of Roots of Ambition and the TV series respectively with shitty CG
Alone Again, I personally like, but a lot of people don't for the same reason as the end of Shining Heresy, but I don't think it has the same impact because of the characters involved. Other than that, it's mostly a nice little story if you can stomach bad CG
VOTOMS Finder is alright. Just a simple story about a kid with a dream, doesn't really do anything to stand out
Case;Irvine is the best thing in the series since Mellowlink and is absolutely worth watching. It's a great glimpse into how VOTOMS would have looked had they decided not to use CG for the modern entries and the story is fairly decent as well
>>
>>15691201
I love how authentic 80s anime that pose is even though not Chirico-like at all.
>>
File: Coco.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Coco.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
>>15691257
Phantom Arc and alone again get a pass from me because they gave me old Coccona.
>>
>>15691257
Shining Heresy is a unnecessary and probably unwanted continuation for the main series, but I do find it to be a incredible and well made OVA. That scene where Chirico slowly turn to face Teitania and we get a close view of his eyes is something that even now still amaze me.
>>
>>15691271
I guess she forgot about that gang that cornered her back then, huh.
>>
>>15691257
>I get the feeling Takahashi wanted the series to die, but Bandai wouldn't let him kill it.

That doesn't make sense. Bandai never had exclusive rights to VOTOMS Takara made the toys for it Originally
>>
>>15691335
To be fair they woulda went all the way if she didn't sell her colleagues out.

>>15691257
Meanwhile, his light novels that don't focus on Chirico never get translated, not even by fans.

Seriously though, who the hell wouldn't want to know about the one set 3 centuries later?
>>
OP Here I watched a couple of the three side story OVA and Shining Heresy. Didn't like any of them that much, because I feel like Chirico's story was wrapped up very well by the TV and all the extra stuff ends up diminishing it more than expaning on it in any meaningful way.

I'd say Mellowlink is easily the best aside from the original show, because It tells its own seperate story that works as a stan alone thing.

>>15692258
Those LNs sound pretty intresting, but I guess Votoms isn't that popular, so I imagine tha demand of side stuff like that isn't really there.
>>
>>15692317
VOTOMS Finder and Case;Irvine are also separate stories. If you didn't even care for the first three OVAs, you certainly won't like the Chirico centric ones that came out after the turn of the century.

I really do think Mellowlink is the best thing in the franchise though; I like it even more than the TV show. Chirico's journey of self-discovery was cool and all, but it doesn't beat Home Alone with giant robots.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.