[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Give one of your flagship units the model number 666 >Give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (567KB, 696x521px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
567KB, 696x521px
>Give one of your flagship units the model number 666
>Give the other one a tears of blood face motif
Do you think ZAFT ever stopped to wonder if they were the bad guys in all of this
>>
Rey, are we the baddies?
>>
>>15686285
I'm surprised there hasn't been a parody recut of destiny.
I've had the idea to do a 25 episode one for at least 3 years, but never tried it.
>>
>>15686271
I can't find it anywhere, but I could've sworn that there was some website or mechanical design book that went explicitly into the ZAFT model number making scheme.
Like the ZGMF designated that it's a zaft ms but the following numbers indicates its combat role and generation or something like that.
>>
Didn't they make Kshatriya 666 in Unicorn too?
Not saying that makes it okay, saying that makes Unicorn laughable too.
>>
Their high council was retarded for depending on the leadership of a pop idol, okay? Being left rudderless put them at the mercy of a Char clone. Of course they went evil.
>>
>>15686311
From gundam wiki:

The Type numbers' significance for X_S-series Second Stage units is as follows:

1: None; only first generations were given this number, but their model numbers are in sequence
2: Transforming Air/space-use units
3: Underwater-use units
4: General all-purpose-use units
5: Silhouette system units
6: DRAGOON system units
7: Unknown
8: Ground-use units
>>
>>15686322
>Their high council was retarded for depending on the leadership of a pop idol, okay?
Well I mean that's not really unreasonable these days...
>>
>>15686311
Shamelessly stolen from a post on mechatalk:

MBF = Main Battle Figure (Astray)
MBF-P = Main Battle Figure - Prototype
MVF = Main Variable(?) Figure (Murasame, Ootsukigata)

GAT = Gressorial Armament Tactical
GAT-X = Gressorial Armament Tactical - Experimental
GAT-FJ = Gressorial Armament Tactical - FuJiyama
CAT = Composition Armament Tactical; Used only by the Eurasian Federation's Hyperion Gundams and derivative Hyperion G units.

GAT-series numbers vary depending on unit type:
100-series denote relatively basic general-purpose types
200-series denote units with some kind of special equipment, be it Mirage Colloid-based technology or Geschmeidig Panzer
300-series denote variable types
700-series denote aquatic mobile suits(with the sole exception of the Forbidden Blue)

GFAS-X = Gressorial Fortress Armament Strategic - eXperimental
TS-MA: Theater Suppression - Mobile Armor
TS-MB: mostly the same as above - no idea what the "B" stands for though
TSX-MA = Theater Suppression eXperimental - Mobile Armor
YMAF: prototYpe Mobile Armor Flight
YMAG: prototYpe Mobile Armor Ground
RGX: Unknown - used exclusively by Blue Cosmos-operated units stolen from ZAFT

ZGM = Zero-Gravity Maneuver
ZGMF = Zero-Gravity Maneuver Fighter
ZGMF-X = Zero-Gravity Maneuver Fighter-Experimental
ZGMT = Zero-Gravity Maneuver Trainer
AMF = Aerial Maneuver Fighter
AMA = Aerial Maneuver Attacker
TFA = Terrestrial Fighter Artillery
TMF/A = Terrestrial Maneuver Fighter/Attacker
UWMF/S = UnderWater Maneuver Fighter/Striker(?)
UMF = Underwater Maneuver Fighter
YMF = Prototype Maneuver Fighter
XMF = Experiment Maneuver Fighter
YFX = not really sure

VS Astray's Librarian Works are all variants of previous units, and use the original unit's model # plus a two-letter prefix or suffix - the letter "L", for Librarian, and the first letter of the unit's name:
LG = Librarian Gale
LH = Librarian Hail
LN = Librarian Nix/Librarian Nebula
LR = Librarian Regen
LV = Librarian Vent
LM = Librarian Mirage
>>
>>15686318
Yes, but there was a previous sequence, so it wasn't completely silly.

NZ-000 Quin Mantha
NZ-222 Psyco Doga
NZ-333 Alpha Azieru
NZ-444 Beta Azieru
NZ-666 Kshatriya

They weren't intending on going with an evil motif for the Kshatriya, anyway. The word Kshatriya comes from Sanskrit and refers to the military and governing class of society.
>>
>>15686331
>GAT = Gressorial Armament Tactical
This one always gets me. "Gressorial", no one is going to use that word unless they're reaching for an acronym or an ornithologist. Somehow it bothers me more than the YMAF and YMAG designations using a letter from the middle of a word just so they can start with a Y. I can at least see why you wouldn't think PMAF and PMAG sound cool. But Gressorial? You couldn't think of a better word for your mecha?
>>
>>15686518

This is Fukuda. The man needed an acronym for fucking Dragon
>>
>>15686518
>Somehow it bothers me more than the YMAF and YMAG designations using a letter from the middle of a word just so they can start with a Y
The guy thinking the Y comes from 'prototYpe' is probably just thinking too hard. In real life the US air force also uses Y to denote prototype aircraft, and not every letter code is meant to be the initial for the role or word that it is used for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1962_United_States_Tri-Service_aircraft_designation_system
>>
>tfw want a kshatriya shirt
>can't because of NZ-666
>>
>>15686522
If I ever make mecha anything I'm hiring Fukuda for acronym design.
>>
File: sh43_mb0001.jpg (340KB, 885x1322px) Image search: [Google]
sh43_mb0001.jpg
340KB, 885x1322px
>>15686271
It's not like their enemy is any better, with SLAUGHTER DAGGER and all.
>>
>>15686567

Id give him a desk and a chair in the office just to see what crazy crap he'd come up with
>>
The Kshatriya would be the best Mobile Suit of all time if it didn't have the edgy serial number to be honest
>>
>>15686285

Sometimes, I get this suspicion that the people I work for are evil. I mean, that Legend mobile suit had "666" in it's official name, and that one mobile suit we just rolled out looks like it's crying blood for God's sake. The 666 I could excuse as someone high up trying to be intimidating, but the whole "tears of blood" thing is really making me think something is not right. It's like ZAFT is run by a group of cartoon villains or something.

...You know, I should probably start finding a job somewhere else before my current employers roll out another doomsday laser or something else really evil.
>>
>>15686572
Best looking EA grunt ever.
>>
>>15686271
It's all coincidence m8.
>>
>>15686572
>Forbidden
>Calamity
>Raider
vs
>Justice
>Freedom
Geez I wonder who the "good" guys are...
>>
>>15686271
Brah, they made the fucking T-Rex transforming gundam and I remember its name being the most wonderfully edgy thing.
>>
>>15686271
>Do you think ZAFT ever stopped to wonder if they were the bad guys in all of this
this is a faction that thought a giant microwave cannon was a good idea, what do you think that says about them
>>
>>15686572
Naw man, you're reading it wrong; it's the 105S Laughter Dagger.
>>
>>15686337
What's NZ-555 then?
>>
>>15692707
You're talking about a universe where the other side of the war installed giant microwaves underneath their own base just to use as a lethal trap when enough enemies were around.

And they did that at least twice. So yes, a microwave weapon that directs the energy away from yourself is at least better than the other guy installing and detonating a microwave bomb underneath himself more than once.
>>
>>15693015
There is none, just like how the NZ-111 designation was skipped over and unused.
>>
>>15693284
it's kinda amazing that SEED manages to be more dark than several Gundam series that are literally post-apocalyptic in nature
>>
>>15693284
>the earth alliance is so racist they would rather destroy themselves and earth rather than cooperate with coordinators.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.