[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird- news/growing-sophisticat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 17

File: 01f.png (251KB, 680x378px) Image search: [Google]
01f.png
251KB, 680x378px
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/growing-sophistication-sex-robots-leading-10779308

Is this even a real issue? Because last time I check, we don't like in 21XX where reploids or robot masters exist. This article is great if it were a sci-fi sort of thing, but actually contemplating this in real life? Where AI is about as smart as an amoeba?
>>
>>15685902
>http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/growing-sophistication-sex-robots-leading-10779308

It's sensational nonsense.

If they weren't exaggerating about the sentience of robots, the article would be legal or politics section instead of weird of technology news.

Also, women are notoriously insecure, so it's safe to discard any female writer's opinions on this matter.
>>
>>15685902
It's not. A per usual, we've got idiots more interested in the hypothetical rather than what these robots are actually capable of currently.

>>15685913
I'm sure women will be on board if they started working on male models.
>>
>>15685902
My onahole doesn't consent when I use it either.
>>
>>15685938
>I'm sure women will be on board if they started working on male models.
not unless those male sex robots can hold a job and give them money and a house to live in
>>
I wonder if they realise that articles like this only serve to perpetuate the stereotype that feminists hate sexbots and want it regulated?
>>
File: sex robot.gif (799KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
sex robot.gif
799KB, 320x240px
>>15686315
Why would they care if people think they hate sexbots or not?
>>
File: a44719adcd2584330925db58b0a96617.jpg (539KB, 1356x1856px) Image search: [Google]
a44719adcd2584330925db58b0a96617.jpg
539KB, 1356x1856px
>>15685938
No price is too high for my own Vincent Price.
>>
>>15685902
The more important question is, when can I finally get the robo waifu I've been waiting for, if ever?
>>
>>15686350

In our dreams sadly.

Because despite what this article says, none of the present sex robots are fappable. They're more of the stuff of nightmares.

EVE is more appealing and she's a white potato.
>>
File: SJW_hates_robowaifu.png (266KB, 477x414px) Image search: [Google]
SJW_hates_robowaifu.png
266KB, 477x414px
>>15685902
It's becoming Armitage 3 day by day.
Heck even my local daily with leftist leaning had an editotial about it.
>>
>>15686439

Remember when feminists used to make fun of MRAs for taking that "feminists will ban sexbots" article because it was actually a thesis by some grad student?

Why did some of them actually decided that it would be a good idea to actually do that?
>>
File: robopasties.jpg (112KB, 649x800px) Image search: [Google]
robopasties.jpg
112KB, 649x800px
>>15686401
I wish they would just make sex robots that look like Drossel or the female Medabots then. Cute, even sexy but robot enough to not approach uncanny valley shit.
But I guess that would only benefit a small niche of potential buyers.
>>
>>15686449
I think even that one grad student just repeated that what Optimus Prime claimed as the right of all sentinent beings would naturally have to apply to sex bots as well.

Are you a Deceptionist?
>>
>>15686541

This coming from the Autobot scum who endorses Functionism. Decepticons for Freedom!
>>
>>15685902
It's nowhere near a real issue and this seems to be written by some nobody academic rather than anyone in government. If robots ever do become sentient, though, we may have to worry about their rights lest we end up with something like The Second Renaissance.
>>
>>15685913
>women are notoriously insecure
That sounds like its an insult to women nowadays
>>
>>15686612

Articles like this don't help dispel that notion.

Hey, if they can pull shit like #yesallMen then they deserve this.
>>
>>15686855
Well, to be fair, one of the authors of that article is apparently a guy (Chris Murphy). But I agree with you, it's very sensationalistic. It seems to me these kinds of articles often drum up whatever they're talking about, both for the "look at this weird, zany new technology!" humor factor, along with just getting more clicks.
>>
Right now, sex bots are just a glorified blow up doll. If they become sentient, there might be a valid controversy, but there's no guarantee that they ever will
>>
>>15686875
>>15686855
It's an article from a brit tabloid, brahs.

That's the closest equivalent to Best Korea News you can get in the Free World.
>>
>>15686350
Never. They'll be outlawed before it's even possible.
>>
File: IMG_3151.png (32KB, 802x618px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3151.png
32KB, 802x618px
Stay safe, anons.
>>
>>15686469
This. Fuck the five foot Barbie's, I want a proper robo cutie
>>
>>15686875
I fully expect my country to ban sexbots.
>>
>>15686342
Vincent is not for lewd!
>>
File: m's love life.png (180KB, 1154x1366px) Image search: [Google]
m's love life.png
180KB, 1154x1366px
>>
>>15685938
The income desparity between female and male prostitutes is not only astronomical, but also shows why male models wouldn't sell nearly as well as female ones.

>>15686401
Don't ever compare EVE to these things! EVE is a good girl! Why people would even want to plop one of these abomination on their bed and then put their penis into one is beyond me. And they don't even do it for free, but have to pay thousands of dollars!
>>
>>15686612
Well, the arguments makes themselves and any "effort"to disprove this impression are literally printing evidence for it, so...

Are observation insults now? What am I saying, of course they are. Objectivity and rational thought are tools of the oppressive patriarchy after all.
>>
File: 52660169_p0.jpg (396KB, 900x800px) Image search: [Google]
52660169_p0.jpg
396KB, 900x800px
>>15686469
>>15687422
This. The biggest market for robot companions are the ones who want cute loveable robot pal, not flesh dolls designed to replace a real human being. It's understandable if western companies don't get this, but what baffles me is why there aren't any Japanese companies that has tried to make more robotic looking sex dolls.
>>
File: Annex - Price, Vincent (House of.jpg (419KB, 1490x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Annex - Price, Vincent (House of.jpg
419KB, 1490x1199px
>>15688035
It's only lewd if you take a picture.
>>
>>15688197

Expensive I'll bet.
>>
In hindsight, having the link be related to sexbots and having the OP pic be Astro boy may not have been the wisest idea
>>
File: 10631513.jpg (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
10631513.jpg
1MB, 1280x1024px
This is a mundane discussion until AI can actually have modesty.
>>
File: 1494128692899.gif (397KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1494128692899.gif
397KB, 500x250px
>>15686325
>>
>>15685902
I can't wait until sex robots are real so I can get my own android maid like Mahoro. I want to die the way the guy in Believe Machine. That's my dream.
>>
File: BEARNURSE MOTHERFUCKER.jpg (253KB, 970x1169px) Image search: [Google]
BEARNURSE MOTHERFUCKER.jpg
253KB, 970x1169px
>>15685902
would you get your own robot butler/meido for retirement days, /m.?
>>
>>15689479
I too would rather be princess carried by a robobear than by any human nurse in the world.
>>
>>15686325
COMING TO YOUR TOWN
>>
>>15689479
>>15689485

Pedobear's futuristic cousin?
>>
>>15689479
what could go wrong
>>
>>15689479
What the fuck does Japan's immigration laws have to do with this? Fucking backhanded western nonsense,
>>
>>15689821
In a lot of other countries immigrants do jobs like elder care, so it's not that strange for an article to mention immigration law as one reason robots are picking up labor market slack. Though, of course, the presence of an advanced robotics industry already is another reason.
>>
>>15685902
>.mirror.co.uk
>>
>>15686350
The technology is already here, it's just in separate industries that don't work with each other.

tl;dr

>when can I finally get the robo waifu I've been waiting for

As soon as you throw together a few million and pay people to make it for you,
>>
File: unno.jpg (11KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
unno.jpg
11KB, 180x200px
>>15685902
I'm not even going to read that article since its probably click bait shit but I do agree that if we end up giving sentience to robots and making them into sexbots is pretty fucked up since you're essentially enslaving a sentient being and not in the usual "robots will kill us for mistreating them" sense, but more about having human decency
>>
>>15690575

True. But that's why this article's hilarious. Because we are FAAAAAAR from that happening in our lifetime. AI's dumb as bricks and actual sexbots atm look so fucking creepy that makes our dicks shrink to even consider it.
>>
>>15690946
>AI's dumb as bricks

Reminder that they killed /pol/s perfect AI waifu.
>>
>>15690946
>AI's dumb as bricks
If anything that's crediting them with too much intelligence. A contemporary AI is a glorified punch-card machine and has about the same capacity for thought (i.e. nil) .
>>
>>15692187
That's understating it; you don't beat world champions Go by just calculating every possible outcome of a game and picking the optimal one (seeing as it would take several times the age of the universe to actually do so). While it's still a far cry from human thought, we are already at a point that if a problem space is unambiguous enough, a piece of software can be made to learn* how to solve a problem within that space, become very effective at solving that problem and yet no one, not even the creators of the software, will have any understanding of how it actually comes to the decisions it makes in order to solve that problem.

As far as sexbots are concerned, one thing I think would already be possible, at least software-wise, is that given sufficiently sensitive (and safe) actuators and enough sensors, a sexbot (or really fancy onahole) could be made that could learn to optimize pleasure for a given user (just the right amount of pressure at just the right time etc.). Arguments could be made that something like this could increase the number of masturbation addicts, maybe?

*) Note how I wrote "made to learn" not "taught". It doesn't get instructed how to solve the problem, it makes a random attempt at solving the problem, receives feedback on how well it accomplishes this and uses that feedback to improve its next attempt. Continue ad infinitum. In other words, it doesn't simply do what its told, it has to come up with its own solution.
>>
File: chessturk.jpg (115KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
chessturk.jpg
115KB, 500x375px
Someone COULD make a sexbot in the same way they made that Chess automaton. In this current climate, it'd be hilarious to watch the shitstorm.
>>
>>15689479
https://www.toyota-europe.com/world-of-toyota/articles-news-events/introducing-kirobo-mini
How about a robot buddy for your car, /m/?
>>
>>15692381
It would also be horrifying to watch it work
>>
>>15686449
>Why did some of them actually decided that it would be a good idea to actually do that?
Women enjoy making fun of and shaming men. It's their favorite past time. Like when the very first feminists got together and shamed even little kids for not going to war, which played a role in kids lying about their age to go out and fucking die in a miserable trench.

The idea that feminists were ever justified is utter nonsense and from the start they were evil and rotten, and somewhat entrenched with the military complex that wanted bodies to throw into the pit.
>>
>>15692395
It kinda looks like Plamo Sanshiro
>>
>>15692395
oh shit nigga we chobits now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G__ruOOlv-Q
>>
>>15690946
You don't need a realistic AI. All you need is a decision tree or automated planner with a sufficient supply of behaviors to simulate a realistic waifu. Men don't really want to put up with a realistic woman, they just want a cute girl who will love them and have sex with them. Why take the next to impossible route when you could ideally create a waifu just by prefabricating an exhaustive model of all the behaviors you want in a woman.
>>
>>15692395
ASURADA?
>>
>>15692365
That's quite distinct from actually intuiting solution though, it's just trying solutions at random and using the data output from that to narrow parameters. It's a step more sophisticated than just brute forcing it, but it's a far cry from cognition.
>>
>>15692422

That's part of the appeal.
>>
>>15692449
Well, even that might be difficult to do with the current state of technology. I mean, how many behaviors would you want? It's easy enough to get a doll that just lies there and occasionally repeats lines in response to verbal stimuli, but actual behavior, like movement and stuff, is a ways away. I don't think any of these bots are even capable of standing on their own so far.
>>
>>15692789
We're still a while away from making robots walk around and move like humans but we're a world away from actually simulating a human mind. So if we can improvement the robotics side (motion systems, computer vision, etc.) then I think we won't be far off from having waifus.

I'm just saying, we're closer than people are suggesting. You don't need to overcome the monumental task of recreating consciousness in order to have waifus. Last time I checked we can't even simulate an insect brain in real time, that is the biologically correct brain functioning as it should.
>>
>>15692789
Also, as far as behavior goes. The animations in a game's AI system is abstracted so the AI system doesn't have to "know" everything. It just needs to call the animation system and give parameters. Of course, it should be designed sufficiently to call everything you want, but if you poured manhours into it right now you could probably create a believable virtual waifu. But the reality is that most games have very rudimentary AI that doesn't even focus on personality, but stuff like combat.
>>
>>15686600
To this day I still say that Futurama has the most realistic portrayal of robots in society.
>>
>>15692814
Yeah, I don't disagree that we might have passable waifus soon. Heck, we arguably already do. Folks on here might joke about their waifus in Muv-Luv or whatever, but it's not like most self-insert anime VNs don't intend for you to feel like you're actually in the relationship the MC is. But translating that to the 3d realm might be very difficult. It seems like the tasks we think are the very simplest, like hand-eye coordination or maintaining balance, are actually very difficult indeed, which makes IRL waifubots kind of difficult to get the hang of.
>>
>>15692852
klutzy is moe
>>
>>15692422

Or create memes and stories about how the automaton's controlled by some paraplegic midget.
>>
>>15692631
Its attempted solutions are only random at first, because the widths of its "neural pathways" (or weights between its nodes, if you prefer) are initially random, but that changes as it receives feedback. So it's not akin to throwing some random shit at the wall, taking note of what sticks, throwing some more random shit at the wall, taking note of what sticks etc. until it finally has a big list of what shit sticks that can be used to find correlations between the successful attempts; Go's problem space is too big for that approach to be effective. It's closer to throwing random shit at the wall, taking note of what sticks, then throwing shit that appears to resemble the shit that stuck previously, see if it increases the amount of shit that sticks and then selecting shit to throw based on those result for the next attempt etc. until finally arriving at something resembling a mental model that with a certain degree of confidence can tell whether shit will stick based on its properties. Of course, in reality it's more complicated than that because a naive implementation of this will get it stuck in a local minimum rather easily

But yeah, while roughly analogous to human learning, it's still a far cry from human-level (or even insect-level) cognition. That said, I'm not sure I agree with it being all that different from intuiting a solution. After all, what is intuition if not the ability to recognize patterns deeper than is apparent from a surface view of the problem? But that's exactly what it's doing.
>>
>>15686325
SEX ROBOT
>>
>>15686325
>>15689459
>>15693479
>>15689568
What did we learn here?
>>
>>15692845
Are you including the robots built specifically to be hobos, the robot built specifically to be a hedonist,the robot built specifically to be an orphan and the robots built specifically to be a mafia?
>>
>>15693497
In the future, when robots have taken all our jobs, everyone will receive basic income from the government so there will no longer be any human hobos. As such, we'll need robots to take their place.
>>
File: Xo7sxhy.jpg (294KB, 878x838px) Image search: [Google]
Xo7sxhy.jpg
294KB, 878x838px
>>15685902
This is why we must market sexbots to women.

Women decide the Overton window, once they become acceptable for women they become acceptable for everyone
>>
>>15693558
That's bullshit because onaholes are still socially unacceptable where as dildos and hitachi magic wands aren't nearly as associated with being a loser for women. All that would do would make women say men can't have sexbots because they're losers while simultaneously getting ravaged by mecha Antonio Banderas every night.
>>
>>15693571
I hear this a lot, but I don't really see how. Yes, owning an onahole or fleshlight isn't something you'd bring up in conversation, but as far as I know nobody's banned them any more than they've tried to ban dildos and other sex toys for women.
>>
>>15692883
Never thought about it this way. This is a pretty valid point.
>>
>>15693500
>everyone will receive basic income from the government

The rich will. I mean they already do. The not-rich-enough will be kindly asked to die by means of advanced social engineering developed by Google and Facebook. Amazon will help by having their drones (using Google Map data to navigate) spray everyone below a certain economic treshold with pox every time they make a delivery.
>>
>>15693587
He said socially unacceptable, nothing about banning.
>>
>>15693860
Even in terms of just social acceptability, I've not really noticed it. Everyone I've met who thought fleshlights were immoral in some way felt the same about dildos, and the only people I've met who thought dildos were cool either approved of or didn't care about fleshlights.
>>
>>15693885
I don't think he was talking about people considering it 'immoral', rather that it would be regarded as pathetic or pitiful. Y'know, like having a body pillow or something like that.
>>
>>15693958
I mean, maybe, but even then that's hard to discern. The original guy said "dildos aren't nearly as associated as being a loser for women," but I dunno...most of the times I've seen dildos on TV or something, it was poking fun at a woman who couldn't get a man. Maybe things have changed, but in that case you could easily argue that dildos have just had a better marketing campaign, and a slick one for fleshlights would undo whatever stigma they had. That would make sense, considering that fleshlights are a relatively recent invention (appearing in the ...90s? Probably no earlier than the 70s), while dildos have been around for literally ages--the ancient greeks had 'em.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.