[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /m/. First time posting here. I recently got into Gundam.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: shopping.jpg (75KB, 638x800px) Image search: [Google]
shopping.jpg
75KB, 638x800px
Hi /m/. First time posting here.
I recently got into Gundam. I blew through all of MSG and loved it. Started Zeta and it's...okay. It feels less like Kubrick and more like Spielberg. Which isn't bad, it just isn't as good as the Kubrick feel of the original series.
Does it get better? I just got up to Four's death.
Also, thinking about buying pic related. It'd be my first gunpla. Is this a good kit for a first timer?
>>
>>15685713
If you enjoy a bit more nitty gritty then yes I have 6 MG gunpalas and the articulation is great but it'll take the better part of like 3 hours if you haven't put one together before
(Lots of small parts) but they are good models and are worth it if you like em and the directions are pretty simple look for. The #pice on the lettered mold set cutem out and put them together word of advice only take a pice out if you know where to put it
>>
>>15685713
Avoid Iron Blooded Orphans which is nicknamed Felcher Gundam because of ass suckage or Iron Menstruation due to forced female gaze.
>>
>>15685915
who the fuck is this asshole

>>15685713
Honestly I think 0079 is much better than Zeta and ZZ. So while Zeta does get better, I wouldn't be inclined to say it gets to the level of the OG series.

Can't say about the subsequen UC series like Victory and Turn A as I'm still going through them. Victory is pretty promising so far though.

as for a starting kit, I'd say the best one would be the HGUC Revive RX-78-2.
Incredibly cheap, incredibly posable, and good-lookin as all hell.
>>
>>15685713
Zeta is shit. It does not get better. The ending is especially retarded and there is a major asspull in the final episode.
I legitimately can't understand how anyone can prefer Zeta to the masterpiece 0079. It must be underages who like it because it is edgier and has a more realistic artstyle.
>>
File: out+of+salt.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
out+of+salt.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>15685713

Whats wrong OP ?

not enough salt in your Zeta ?
>>
Zeta sucked imo. Highlights for me are 0079 (movies), 0083, 08th ms team, 0080, unicorn, 00, build fighters, wing, x, thunderbolt.
>>
>>15685713
I like how Kamille gets his shit together a lot quicker than Amuro in zeta, but once he gets back in to space the plot just spins its wheels with no progression. Titans are attacking, fight 'em off, interpersonal drama happens where everyone gets upset about statements that real people would just brush off, the end, repeat for like 15 episodes.
>>
>>15685713
super old master grades like that tend to be kinda unimpressive in their articulation and construction, have bad nub placement, and given that char's rick dom is made up of colors of plastic that discolor very badly, I wouldn't suggest it for a beginner. I don't have experience with it so maybe I'm wrong, but I assume the nubs will be hell to clean up and I doubt you're planning on painting the thing.
>>
>>15686601
The Dom and Rick Dom kits are actually pretty good and have surprisingly few bad nubs. I've heard some people ask for a Dom 2.0 but it's really unnecessary.
>>
>>15687161
What's the actual difference between the Dom and Rick Dom kits?
>>
>>15688222
A few of the thrusters are different, with the Rick Dom being the space type version it's got more. I think the Rick Dom MG also comes with a massive bazooka too, and it's damn near the same price as the regular Dom MG. Better bang for your buck.
>>
>>15688222
They're the same, but the Dom comes with a Black Tri-star figure while the Rick Dom has more thrusters and a beam bazooka. It all comes down to accessories really since iirc, though the Dom doesn't have a beam bazooka it has other weapons that the Rick Dom does not.
>>
check out dalong.net , it's this korean guy that has a huge number of gunpla

http://dalong.net/review/mg/m23/m23_p.htm
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.