[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thought on the Mazinkaiser OVA? I thought it was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

What are your thought on the Mazinkaiser OVA? I thought it was a fun romp that could have done a lot more, but was serviceable nonetheless. Really cool art style too,

Is the berserk mode brought up in the 2nd OVA? I feel like more cool shit could have been done with that in the 1st.
>>
>>15681212
It was okay, which says a lot since I think it's the worst animated Mazinger work that's fully subbed

It felt like it was trying to be two different things, like one writer that was wanting to make this sweeping epic who wrote like the first two episodes and the last one, and then another writer that just wanted to make a faithful manga adaptation. I think that's why I felt kinda let down by the OVA, those first two episodes got me hyped up for something that the OVA as a whole really wasn't in terms of plot progression and tone
>>
>>15681212
> I thought it was a fun romp that could have done a lot more, but was serviceable nonetheless. Really cool art style too

Pretty much this. Fun robot smashing with great animation. I revisit it every few years because it's short and entertaining.
>>
Don't tell /m/, but I had more fun with SKL.
>>
>>15681227
>I think it's the worst animated Mazinger work that's fully subbed
I personally hate Shin and Toei. I'd rate them Kaiser>Shin>>>>>>>Toei
Why do you think Kaiser is worse than Toei's cartoon?
>>
>>15681575
I personally hate Mazinkaiser and prefer both SKL , Shin and Toei over it.

Toei is way better than Kaiser, with better episodes and less bland plot, which is surprising considering it's MOTW.
>>
I loved it, it's the best Mazinger show of the lot.

Ignore >>15681227 >>15681578, pure shit taste here.
>>
>>15681212
It's alright but I wish it was something actually new instead of just Z yet again with a different robot.
>>
>>15681578
>with better episodes and less bland plot, which is surprising considering it's MOTW.
Shut the fuck up I don't remember there being an episode in Toeizinger where Baron Ashura crashed Yumi's party, that shit was kino. The characters were actually entertaining, too, whereas in the original (anime) I find them annoying and irritating. Also the art and animation are objectively superior.
Also Kouji's voice actually sounds right like it does in SRW, where he's an infinitely better character.
>>
It's really stylish and has the most immediately likable and sympathetic Tetsuya, which is cool. The last fight with Ashura in the show and the Orbital Kaiser Drop in the movie are also pretty cool.
>>
Had its ups and downs, but wasn't very good overall.
>>
>>15681212
It was my intro to Mazin and I liked it
>>
>>15681636
>that shit was kino.
what?
>>
>>15682035
Mine too. I liked it enough that I explored the rest of it. Finally saw Toeizinger for the first time this year and enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
>>
It needed more Great Mazinger.
>>
>>15681212
I love how regular, weakass Great took out two Generals in the movie. Tetsuya got his ass kicked around a lot in regular Great in the OVA proper by things he shouldn't have struggled against, so that was fun. And then the fact that apparently they thought Mazinkaiser in the show just wasn't strong enough and further upgraded it was awesome too.
>>
>>15681212
>What are your thought on the Mazinkaiser OVA?
Absolutely fantastic. It successfully managed to combined the best elements of both Toei Mazinger and manga Mazinger into one fun, well animated package. The art is as good as it gets, taking Nagai's distinctive 70s era Mazinger designs and updating them into modern animation. The characters and stories are fun, dramatic and action packed, backed by a memorable soundtrack with stand-out insert songs. Everything about this OVA is top notch. Probably the best way to get into the Mazinger franchise in 2017.
>>
>>15685903
There's really little to no elements of Toei Mazinger in Mazinkaiser at all other than the Toei Great Mazinger showing up at the end. Sayaka isn't bipolar, Mazinkaiser is ridiculously invincible and takes no damage, not even Count Brocken shows up, etc
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.