[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is Patlabor the only thing that has improvised mecha being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: LaborTyrant.jpg (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
LaborTyrant.jpg
54KB, 400x400px
So is Patlabor the only thing that has improvised mecha being used for battle? Is there another series that does this?

I know Stargazer does, and I want more.
>>
>ball
>oggo
>sandhoge
>dra-C
>>
>>15673657
Yeah, I know some exist in Gundam, but I was wondering if there was a series where it's more focused on.

I mean, I guess Gurren Lagann half counts, but y'know what I mean. I like the idea of an improvised mecha.
>>
>>15673654
Giant Gorg uses a lot of improvised weaponry even if the robot itself is always the same

VOTOMS is big on this shit, IIRC Chirico goes through over 40 ATs over the course of the series
>>
>>15673687
>VOTOMS
Huh. I'm relatively new to mecha, is VOTOMS worth a shot?
>>
>>15673694
No.
>>
>>15673694
Yes.
>>
>>15673654
>I know Stargazer does
Are you talking about CE 73 or something different? Because I don't remember that part.
>>
>>15673701
The Stargazer itself wasn't really made for combat, so they had to use it's features creatively.
>>
>>15673707
Oh I see what you mean, I just figured it didn't exactly count since it was a mecha to begin with just not a mecha for fighting. Though I suppose the same thing could be said about those junker machines in ZZ.
>>
>>15673714
That's what I want to see more of, mecha that aren't combat oriented but are used anyway. I find that idea way cooler than the typical "super badass secret mecha prototype"
>>
>>15673694
It's a very unusual show. I'm not new to mecha and I still haven't seen anything quite like it. It gets by on having a very strong and uniquely personal plot for a mecha show as well as great animation
>>
>>15673694
Yes, but I don't know why people are saying it has improvised mechs. They're quite definitely purpose built combat vehicles.
>>
Is it wrong I feel Xabungle kinda counts? They're very worker-y for all the mounted guns the common Walker Machines have.
>>
>>15673742
>They're very worker-y for all the mounted guns the common Walker Machines have.

Walker Machines ARE retrofitted workbots.

The only ones built for combat are the aptly named Combat Mecha, of which there are not many (Three, I think, plus the Iron Gear types?)
>>
>>15673654
In the first episode of G-Reco, the MC goes against the Gundam with a worker suit
Then there's Venus Wars where they defeat a tank with a crane.
>>
File: Zgocky-lineart.jpg (203KB, 579x771px) Image search: [Google]
Zgocky-lineart.jpg
203KB, 579x771px
>>15674156
Many G-Reco suits were combat adapted from a previous role. Zgocky and Dahack was used for mining, the Neodu that Raraiya pilots before getting G-Lucifer was made for space trash cleaning.
>>
>>15673654
>So is Patlabor the only thing that has improvised mecha being used for battle?
Tomica Hyper Rescue Drive Head's first episode has a construction machine used by fleeing criminals
>>
>>15673654
Shin Godzilla improvises some stuff into more of a Thunderbirds' IR vein.
>>
>>15673727
VOTOMS has "improvised mecha" in the sense that characters will often steal, hijack, and custom mod mecha as well as fix up abandoned junkyard mecha throughout the course of it. Built for combat or not, it still differs from the usual way in which characters hang onto 1-2 robots throughout the show
>>
>>15673654

Outlaw Star.

A lot of the ships used by pirates and outlaws have robot arms that get used for combat applications, because pirates discovered that cargo-loader arms were good at locking down and disabling other ships so you could steal their shit.

That, and the space cops cracked down on ships with integrated weaponry in an effort to curb piracy, but a ship with robot arms that just carries a gun in its robot hand doesn't have an integrated weapon. The arms are civilian utility, and the gun can be dropped at any time, leaving the ship unarmed.
>>
The main cast of Transformers Animated were technically a spacebridge repair crew.
>>
>>15675868
really pushing it there bud
>>
>>15674099
What about Buruns? Those completely automatic types with no arms- they're more purpose built but always died fast.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.