[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have ten seconds to prove that the 1980's were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 24

File: Black+Kamen+Rider.jpg (389KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Black+Kamen+Rider.jpg
389KB, 1024x768px
You have ten seconds to prove that the 1980's were not the toku golden age.
>>
Ultraman Mebius came out in 2006, Kamen Rider OOO didn't come out until 2011, and I don't know enough about Sentai to name its best series
>>
>>15668517
I'm not a fan of repetitive shows with shallow characterization and plot development
>>
>>15668517
Nah. Ultraman and Kamen Rider were effectively dead throughout most of the 80s and projects not attached to Metal Heroes or Super Sentai were rare.
>>
>>15668565
>Fucking BLACK
>dead

Kamen Rider was doing better than ever during that times.
>>
>>15668568
>>Fucking BLACK
>>dead

I said MOST of the 80s, not all of it. Learn to fucking read.
>>
>>15668517

Ultraman and Godzilla were dead.
>>
>>15668531
How is that specific to 80's toku?
>>
>>15668570
Who the fuck cares about normie shit like Godzilla? That's not even toku.
>>
>>15668568
Super-1... Black.. Black RX... nah, Kamen Rider was shit in the 80s.
>>
>>15668575
>That's not even toku.
The meme lives on
>>
File: scene02.jpg (247KB, 604x800px) Image search: [Google]
scene02.jpg
247KB, 604x800px
Why are BR and underage tumblr twats alike completely incapable of comprehending that the undisputed 'golden age' of tokusatsu was the 1950's and 60's? This isn't even a matter of debate or my personal opinion, this is what is historically considered the most fucking significant era in the entire medium. Anyone who says some thing from the 2000's especially should fucking neck themselves for putting their 'I was born in 1997 so my generation is most important' narcissism above objectivity.
>>
>>15668575
>normie shit

Ugh, good lord. This place is a cesspool.
>>
>>15668586
Better than it was in the 70's. And better than it was in the 90's (ie NOTHING)

>>15668587
It's not. It's kaiji, which is not the same as toku. Come on, even here in Argentina we knows this.
>>
>>15668575

Imagine being so deluded that you think normies watch anything that is guys in suits.
>>
>>15668517
Sentai's 90s happened
>>
>>15668596
>It's not. It's kaiji, which is not the same as toku. Come on, even here in Argentina we knows this.

I really hope that other Argentinian fans aren't as fucking stupid as you.
>>
File: 309172570935967052_aa33b230_c2x.jpg (36KB, 300x422px) Image search: [Google]
309172570935967052_aa33b230_c2x.jpg
36KB, 300x422px
OP is probably right. The 1980s were amazing for toku. Maybe not Kamen Rider specifically, but Rider is not the only toku.
>>
>>15668650
I agree fellow Brazilian
>>
>>15668588
Most significant because it was the start and groundbreaking for the time, sure.
But nothing that's been done back then hasn't been done infinitely better since from an artistic and commercial standpoint.
>>
File: 05dvd1650.jpg (704KB, 2825x2079px) Image search: [Google]
05dvd1650.jpg
704KB, 2825x2079px
>>15668681
Hang yourself.
>>
File: 1465277432560.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1465277432560.webm
2MB, 800x450px
>>15668681
Would really love to learn your definition of 'artistic' and what era in particular you're under the impression surpasses this period.
>>
>>15668588
>>15668658
>>15668693
>>15668705
Look at this chucklefuck just plain sperging and calling everyone a BR. Don't explode, m8.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (13KB, 237x120px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
13KB, 237x120px
>>15668735
what did the millennial shitbag mean by this?
>>
nope 90-95/96 were
last few years of mostly practical effects
>>
>>15668588
This. When Eiji Tsuburaya was alive.
Not only was he basically the creator of the genre, but he was a pioneer that kept innovating in terms of composition and visual intricacies to create a real sense of scale. Creating imagery with miniatures and actual practical special effects that still haven't been topped in Japan.
>>
>not 90s sentai and early 2000s sentai and KR
>>
File: latest.jpg (250KB, 900x657px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
250KB, 900x657px
>>15668802
>Not only was he basically the creator of the genre
lel
>>
>>15668681
Godzilla 54 and Mothra vs Godzilla still stand head and shoulders above toku due to quality actors, suit actors, and directing.
>>
>>15668850

Stop-motion=/=suitmation
>>
>>15668975
Tokusatsu isn't just rubbersuits.
>>
>>15668978

What tsuburaya did, and what spawned everything else under the toku umbrella, was.
>>
>>15668983
Eh, not necessarily. There does exist a tokusatsu that uses stop motion animation called Demon Hunter Mitsurugi.

There are also marionette driven shows like X-Bomber/Star Fleet.
>>
>>15668983
But you're ignoring everything else about special effects. Tsuburaya's work was more than just rubber suits and he did indeed use a lot of miniatures. Tsuburaya was directly inspired by King Kong and O'Brien. He's nowhere near being the creator of the genre.
>>
No collectable gimmicks
>>
>>15668596
>It's not. It's kaiji, which is not the same as toku. Come on, even here in Argentina we knows this.
Except we don't. Here in Argentina people don't know shit about kaiju and even less about toku.
And kaiju is a branch of the bigger tokusatsu genre. "Tokusatsu" isn't just masked super heroes, you dumbfuck. It literally just means "special effects".
>>
>>15668517
Kamen Rider ZO came out in the 90s
Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki aired in the 00s
>>
>>15668681
>>15668735
Shouldnt you be shitting your diapers and screeching about how Showa toku literally ruined your life back on /krg/ kiddo?
>>
>Even general broad toku topic thread have shitposting now
I want out of this timeline
>>
I don't really care for what decade was the best
i just enjoy the movie and shows of that genre
>>
>>15669193
What do you expect from a medium with intense BR gatekeeping and aggressive Youtube / tumblr-generation trash trying to browbeat everyone into accepting everything made before the arbitrary dates they determine being garbage?
>>
>>15669118
>>15669202
What the actual fuck is your malfunction, son?
>>
>When you're so scared of going to the usual toku threads to start up era war b8 because everyone laughs you out so you need to make your own shit threads
Why not just put a trip on or something so we can filter you, lel. Also, everyone notices when you change sides and the original aggregator conveniently stops posting while you keep replying to everything.
>>
>>15669354
What is your problem? You're literally acting insane. You're a paranoid piece of shit. You're whining about shitposters, but here you are being the biggest single shitposter ITT.
>>
>He thinks no one here's seen the usual "lol get help ur crazy i'm not doing this over n' over again for (You)s" reaction whenever someone recognizes basic patterns
>He thinks I'm gonna give him any (You)s
>He thinks I'm even bumping this thread
lmao
>>
File: dr-goebels.jpg (79KB, 790x960px) Image search: [Google]
dr-goebels.jpg
79KB, 790x960px
>>15669379
Who are you calling paranoid? He's just posting random gibberish but you're freaking out over said gibberish as though it's targeted at you. Did he somehow strike a nerve? Did it come too close to home? Get some help, not everyone's targeting you.
>>
>>15669354
Is this some kind of meta shitposting because everyone in /krg/ knows it's you and only you who starts this shit and even when it isn't everyone reacts to you with more vitriol than any other shitposter.
>>
>>15668601
Still think the 80s were better overall but yeah Sentai was definitely at it's peak in the 90s
>Jetman, Dairanger, Kakuranger, Carranger, Gingaman, GoGo-V
Even people who hate the franchise is bound to love atleast one of those six shows.
>>
>>15669532
Timeranger can arguably blend into that lot as well, despite being made in 00.
>>
The oldest i watched was the original ultraman and i enjoyed it thoroughly
Recommend another toku of the same era or older
>>
>>15669626
Ultra Seven and Zone Fighter are both excellent and in my opinion are better than the original Ultraman.
>>
>>15669394
>>15669407
>>15669472
Dude, you're crazy af. If you don't think the 80s were the best time for toku, then discuss it. Just state your opinion and create good discussion. Don't go off the deep end and start making barely coherent rage posts about BRs or whatever. Literally just discuss the topic. That's the point of this board.
>>
>>15668575
Fuck off /v/.
>>
>>15669557
Waiting on Timeranger to get a full resub before giving it a go, but I have heard great things about it.
>>
>>15669626
Ultra Q and Ultraseven for TV show.

The Daimajin trilogy for movies.
>>
On the topic of 60s toku though, I wish Akakage wasn't so damn hard to find online.
>>
>>15668517
Most of my favorite shows are not from the 80s. That said, I personally loved Black & Rx.
I would consider the 70s the golden age. It's when the genre really took off, started branching out, and put it's roots down.
The 80s toku is basically the same as 70s toku, just newer.
Hell even 90s toku stands out more in my mind than the 80s, just because of Zeiram and Mechanical Violator Hakaider being so based.
>>
>>15669991
This guy again, just wanted to say the post 2000 toku is the best, 70s coming in 2nd place. I wasn't very clear about that.
>>
>>15669991
IMO, tokusatsu taking its roots on television actually started in the late 60s and continued on into the 70s.
>>
It's sort of cheating to categorize it like this perhaps but 85 - 95 was the best decade of toku overall in my opinion
>vs Biollante and vs King Ghidorah
>Kamen Rider ZO & J
>Juspion, Metalder, Jiraiya, the Rescue Police trio, and Janperson
>Changeman, Megaranger, Kakuranger, and Dairanger

Just the right balance between a lot of the themes and ideas of earlier periods and the full-on toy commercial + rejected j-drama scripts that happened post-00s
>>
>>15670114
There's actually a multitude of diverse themes and shit in early 2000s toku, one in particular that really struck me was a sort of Proto-Garo done by a few of the same guys behind that (No Amemiya though from what I remember) but with a much more Showa-looking suit for the protagonist. Something about an ancient sword or whatever that transforms the protag, not very toyetic beyond having a transforming hero.

The issue is the lack of social media on par with today's scale killed the chance for them to cycle around and grow or at least sell DVDs of the full show. The show I can't remember the name of has almost fuck-all of it on the internet and the lack of info on it allowed me to forget the name. The few that really survived were shit like Cho Ninja Tai Inazuma which was terrible. Of course, there's the rare exception like K-tai 7 but even then, that's not much.
>>
>>15670114
>the Rescue Police trio
Speaking of them, I wonder how SO's doing on Exceedraft.

>>15669938
Nanto probably knows a source to get raws from, at the least.
>>
File: 1499018784176.png (159KB, 239x251px) Image search: [Google]
1499018784176.png
159KB, 239x251px
Help me put things into something approaching perspective.

/krg/ says old toku is inherently bad.
People outside /krg/ say old toku is classic and important to the genre.
Well how do actual Japanese feel about it? Is new vs old an issue over there like here?
If you own a computer you must answer my question.
>>
>>15670614
>/krg/ says old toku is inherently bad.
Aren't they just there for the cute boys and nothing else?
>>
>>15670645
Why are you replying to a shitposter who realized he can't get (You)s in this thread anymore and went to /krg/ to shit it up? Why waste your time?
>>
>>15670659
Why are you desperate to white knight a containment thread? What's your stake it all?
>>
>>15670614
In Japan, kids watch toku. Any adult that watches it is a hardcore fan and likes showa era stuff.
>>
>>15670663
Why are you so desperate to save face if I'm not right? If I were wrong, you wouldn't even need to try and cover your own ass after I called you out. On an anonymous imageboard of all things, either. Your own insecurity is what proves to most people you're a failed bootleg of the actual Showa Troll, you know that right?
>>
>>15670659
I dunno, I think what I said seemed a bit more provocative than the poster I was responding to.
>>
>>15670675
A post blatantly painting an entire general of on average 100+ unique posters per thread that can't even seem to agree on a translation of a single character name would somehow agree on the opinion of an entire era is somehow less provocative than pointing out how it's a blatant shitpost trying to derail this thread from talking calmly about toku?
>>
>>15670672
You literally add nothing to any discussion, your bizarre obsession with generalizing multiple different posters regardless of unique IP count of one particular person who you have some kind of fucked up vendetta against is very tiresome and your really pathetic stockholm syndrome towards a cesspool like /krg/ leaves me at a loss for words. You do nothing but derail threads like the rest of the retards from your containment threads and then blame everyone else of being the problem. Why not fuck off back there and leave this thread alone instead of playing board cop?
>>
>>15670682
>You do nothing but derail threads
No, thread derails would be shit like shitting up entire threads such as this about how you hate Brazilians and /krg/ even though neither such topics were ever relevant to the discussion and after getting called on it, going on an autistic rant about how whoever must disagree with you MUST be mentally ill because you hate the idea of people recognizing your repetitive, shitty patterns without any attempt to change them yourself. What's also funny is how you claim I'm being "board cop" by calling you out when you play board cop while autistically screeching about /krg/. This thread was even going just fine, if super slow, until you decided you hated the idea of pleasant discussion yet again and started bringing up /krg/ yet again because you have a bizarre hate/obsession with the general. Also, you've got a lot of gall to say shit like "your bizarre obsession with generalizing multiple different posters regardless of unique IP count" when that is how you treat /krg/ all the fucking time. And everyone knows it's you, to the point you get fucking mocked by it. You've even got that autistic little fuck who greentexts every time you shitpost, if that's not just you trying to further stir up controversy towards your shitty, low quality posts because you're so fucking insecure about your shitposting you need to butter yourself up in hopes you're doing a good job at it. If you at least tried to double down on it instead of actively trying to save face like you do every time, I could respect you as a shitposter, but you're too pathetic to even do that. It's fucking sad. I'd say kill yourself, but it'd be a waste of a bullet, rope, or a tank of carbon dioxide or gasoline if you did it. Just put on a tripcode so we can filter you already, you sapient cancer.
>>
>>15670703
Mind your blood pressure sweetie. I'm sorry the mean man said something unkind about your internet friends.
>>
>>15670709
Really? That's all you fucking got? You're that much of a bitchmade little shit you can't come up with anything more than generic-ass sweetieposting that'd get you mocked even on /b/? Jesus fucking Christ, you're so shitty you can't even /pol/post right, it's fucking pathetic. Come on, not even a "Too long, didn't read?" You're that fucking shitty? You are absolutely fucking pathetic. I'm not even surprised your posting started shooting up after Summer started.
>>
File: akakage1-630x420.jpg (77KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
akakage1-630x420.jpg
77KB, 630x420px
>>15670188
Akakage show does seem like something Nanto would do a couple of episodes of and then forget about.

There used to be raws going about on the internet a couple of years ago IIRC, but they've since disappeared. Still, at least there are DVDs and even a Blu-ray release of the show that exist.
>>
>>15670703
>being THIS fucking mad

Id say mission accomplished on his part
>>
>>15670718
No I mean it, you're liable to bust a blood vessel at this rate. I understand white knighting /krg/ is a thankless task you pursue without compensation so your stress level is already quite high but please don't overdo it.
>>
>>15670703
Why are you replying to a shitposter who realized he can't get (You)s in this thread anymore and went to /krg/ to shit it up? Why waste your time?
>>
>come to thread to talk about toku decades
>some sperg is insisting that everyone is a BR from /krg/ who hates showa
>completely derails a good thread

Fuck you, retard.
>>
>>15670733
You're so fucking sad, really. You're so broken that you went from attempting to filibustering me to having to drop back to light patronizing posts because you couldn't handle the idea of someone dosing you with your own medicine. You're literally unable to tolerate the same bullshit you use when you feel like you're "dominating" an argument on the internet and now you have to use patronizing, backhanded remarks to try and get some sort of last word. And hell, you even replied twice and used my exact same post on me in hopes somehow I couldn't handle a dose of my own shit. Really goes to show how much of a lazy, repetitive copycat you are. I'm gonna start calling you Baby Showa Troll, because you're obviously nothing like the original, since he actually knew how to contribute while being an annoying fuck, you're just a benign tumor whose only use is shitting up threads you don't like. Do you enjoy that name, Baby Showa Troll? Because I don't give a fuck if you do.

>>15670732
Oh trust me, I'm plenty mad. But I'm not even mad at the content of his posts for what it is, I'm mad at the content of his posts for the lack of fucking effort he puts in. The original Showa Troll at the very least would post webms or screenshots or documentary info to supplement his backhanded remarks about /krg/ because he knew how to actually be confident about his shitty bait. He wasn't scared of being forgotten as a useless waste like this anon, who needed to create a lil' shitty greentext follower to act like he's some ominous and enigmatic big deal and not just a pathetic child who's only here because he's out of school for the Summer. If I'm going to get rused, baited, and flamed, I want it to be from people who actually know how to do it competently instead of being a pathetic waste of air like this shitter.
>>
>>15670741
Literally nobody is stopping you. But you probably had nothing of value to say anyway.
>>
File: 1229907264030.gif (26KB, 320x311px) Image search: [Google]
1229907264030.gif
26KB, 320x311px
>>15670741
>ohhh noo I can't screech about how everything made before I was born is garbage because mean old people are bullying me :(((

No please share with us your deep thoughts on "toku decades"
>>
>>15670733
>>15670748
What the fuck is wrong with you two? Stop it.
>>
>>15670754
I like the old stuff, you shitter. Fuck you.
>>
>>15670754
http://desuarchive.org/_/search/boards/a.aco.an.c.co.d.fit.gif.his.int.k.m.mlp.q.qa.r9k.tg.trash.vr.wsg/image/2aK69WJ7qrfbWvEUyir0oQ/
>/a/ poster
Go back
>>
>>15670748
>I'm plenty mad

Then he's won and he's not gonna stop doing what he does because you keep giving him this autistic overblown reaction. Fuck it's like Batman and Joker in here
>>
>>15670754
>redditspacing
>and an /a/utist according to >>15670763
Go back to MAL
>>
>>15670679
>can't even seem to agree on a translation of a single character name
They all agree that Wizard and Ghost are bad, no reason they can't make the same consensus on shows from 1971-1987.
>>
>>15670775
>They all agree that Wizard and Ghost are bad
They can't even do that, given that always stirs up people saying "Nuh uh it was okay it just needed X" on both of those fronts.
>>
File: kyodain.jpg (25KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
kyodain.jpg
25KB, 480x640px
>>
File: Kamen Rider Cyclone.jpg (195KB, 1280x811px) Image search: [Google]
Kamen Rider Cyclone.jpg
195KB, 1280x811px
>>
File: DDFw9D4UwAAgXWs.jpg (272KB, 1200x871px) Image search: [Google]
DDFw9D4UwAAgXWs.jpg
272KB, 1200x871px
>>
>>
>>15670787
I dunno much about Kyodain, were the suit designs based off of unused Rider concept art like Bibyun? The eyes on Skyzel make it look like that's the case.
>>
File: kyodain-1tbdx.jpg (319KB, 604x383px) Image search: [Google]
kyodain-1tbdx.jpg
319KB, 604x383px
>>15670795
It does sound plausible, but I honestly don't know anything about Kyodain's production.
>>
>>15669637
>>15669833
Luckily i already watched ultraseven and have all of the return of ulltraman downloaded
As for zone fighter, ultra q and the daimajin movies
I'll go for good subs of them
>>
>>15670817
>Good subs
I watched it in Jap when I was stationed in moonland, I have no idea if there's any subs for it beyond Team Zone's five or so random episodes they did. There may be bootlegs out there however.
>>
>>15670831
There aren't any IIRC. I think because nobody ever really cared about the story of Ryusei Ningen Zone itself, just the episodes where Toho monsters made guest appearances.
>>
File: kaiki daisakusen.jpg (259KB, 700x1006px) Image search: [Google]
kaiki daisakusen.jpg
259KB, 700x1006px
>>
>>15668517
'Golden Age' does not mean 'the age I like the best' you homo. It's about influence and popularity. Most of TV toku's golden age was INARGUABLY the 70's and 1971 is when that stuff exploded in popularity. Stuff that shows benefit from Japan's bubble economy is from the toku Silver Age.
>>
>>15668517
I'd say the 80s were a part of the silver age, and the golden age was the 60s or at least the 60s were a part of it.
>>
How do these golden and silver ages work? Is there a bronze age?
>>
>>15671255
Nobody knows. It's not like American comics where the golden, silver, and bronze ages have been outlined pretty clearly by historians.
>>
>>15668527
>Kamen Rider OOO
Despite the fact that it's generally seen as good, I just haven't seen that many people say it's the best Kamen Rider series. Although it's definitely up there in my favorites, I could just gush all day about Kamen Rider OOO.

And I think I will.
>>
>>15668517
90s had better effects and Ultraman came back from the dead. Also the actual defined Golden Age of toku was like twenty years before the 80s.
>>
>>15670168

>one in particular that really struck me was a sort of Proto-Garo done by a few of the same guys behind that (No Amemiya though from what I remember) but with a much more Showa-looking suit for the protagonist. Something about an ancient sword or whatever that transforms the protag, not very toyetic beyond having a transforming hero.

Lionmaru G?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz2nTuDl1x4
>>
>>15670614
>/krg/ says old toku is inherently bad.
No they do not. That's just Showatroll shitposting.
>>
>>15671407
Nah, Lionmaru G was a comedy and was made in like 2004. The show I'm talking about I think was maybe either 2001 or 2003 and much more focused on horror, hence the Garo comparisons.
>>
>>15668531
>judging episodic shows with plot based shows standards
>>
>>15668596
> It's kaiji, which is not the same as toku.
If anything you mean kaiju and Godzilla still applies despite having a kaiju, teh same way sentai is tokusatsu despite having a giant robot. And not sure what our country has to do with anything, the two fans we have aren't that retarded.

>>15668603
Well, the toku fanbase in general is pretty retarded, the argie one is normal in that regard. Worth noting is that the only time I've ever seen a person saying sentai sucks and PR is better was on a local facebook group.
>>
>>15670753
Literally nobody is stopping you from getting a fucking lobotomy up your ass from my deagle beeyotch.
>>
>>15670767
There's literally nothing wrong with reddit you stupid /v/ermin.
>>
>>15670894
Which is fair, because the show got its plug pulled out so fast that the socket was ripped out of the wall, wires and everything. It never even got a conclusion.
>>
>>15672059

I understand your sentiment but dafuq are you doing on 4chan?
>>
>>15672169
Shitting up the board like all reddit cancer.
>>
>>15672158
It was a pretty tough market in 1973 so I can't say it's surprising that the Japanese would rather have not watched an obvious Ultraman rip off.
>>
>>15672059
The whole site is literally based around silencing the minority.
>>
>>15668575
Godzilla is not a henshin hero.
KR, SS, MH is not kaiju eiga.
Ultraman is a kyodai hero (and henshin hero in a sense).
ALL are toku.
Godzilla is THE FIRST toku.
Ignorant pleb.
>>
>>15668575

Teenage life would've been so much easier had Godzilla actually been normie shit.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170707-175745.jpg (902KB, 1107x1514px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170707-175745.jpg
902KB, 1107x1514px
>suggesting the 80s was the golden toku age
Boy, fuckin, howdy.
The 80s gave us good Sentai, except for Goggle V.
Metal Heroes were good too.
Rider fucking tanked, Black saved nothing.
The true golden age was the 70s when there so much damn toku you couldn't keep track. It's also the birth decade of Rider and Sentai. There's also all the amazing non Kamen Sentai series, and non Toei series.
>>
>>15672615
>except for Goggle V
>>
>>15672621
Goggle V was boring. It's the most generic Sentai.
It has a good theme song though.
>>
File: 1279589974934.jpg (33KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1279589974934.jpg
33KB, 240x320px
>>15672615
The 70's is my personal favorite too buuut I'm afraid that's me being biased and putting quantity over quality.
>>
File: black shadow cat.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
black shadow cat.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>15672672
>Goggle V was boring. It's the most generic Sentai.

It never really evolves past being a less crazy (and therefore less good) Sun Vulcan, but I still thought it was a fun watch. Certainly better than I was expecting and far from the most boring sentai I've watched.

That said though, if I were to rank the 80s shows I've seen it probably would be the "worst." But I think it says a lot about the quality of Super Sentai during the 80s if the worst one is still pretty decent.
>>
>>15672700
I appreciate that there were more jidaigeki/henshin hero hybrids in the 70s.
>>
>>15670114
Jiraiya sounds really fucking different to the rest of the MH franchise, hope it gets subbed someday.
>>
>>15674151
The idea of international ninjas is pretty neat at any rate.
>>
>>15676867
Hilarious, too.
>NONE SHALL PASS ninja
>Klansman ninja
>Vietnamese ninja, of all countries
>>
>>15676876
Damn, I'm still reeling over the Knight Templar Ninja.
>>
>>15672815
Well period chanbara shows had been a big thing since the 60s, wasn't much of a stretch from that to reuse all your old sets and costumes but give the hero an animsl head and have the bad guys he sliced open explode.

Sort of like if you made a Rawhide spin-off where Clint Eastwood could transform into a giant gorilla for five minutes per episode.
>>
>>15677180
>Sort of like if you made a Rawhide spin-off where Clint Eastwood could transform into a giant gorilla for five minutes per episode.
I'd watch the fuck out of that
>>
>>15677180
>Sort of like if you made a Rawhide spin-off where Clint Eastwood could transform into a giant gorilla for five minutes per episode.

That would have been dope as fuck.
>>
>>15670787

Looks like tokutubbies
>>
File: kyodainbibyun.jpg (176KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
kyodainbibyun.jpg
176KB, 500x480px
>>15677685
You come into my house and say THAT shit to me. How fucking DARE you?
>>
>>15668517
It's the silver age. Golden age was the 1970s.
>>
>>15668681
"Golden Age" doesn't necessarily mean best. Look at how superhero comics are classified as "golden" or "silver" age.
>>
File: wow you are plastic man.png (785KB, 643x576px) Image search: [Google]
wow you are plastic man.png
785KB, 643x576px
>>15678526
Well, it does mean "best" in the sense that it was the best time for the medium in terms of sales and popularity.
>>
>>15678623
Not exactly, golden age refers to a peak or pinnacle for the medium, not to say a specific series but i guess it could be applied there. Comics or cartoons had a golden age when the basic principles were revolutionized, and great artists/writers/directors began taking the medium in new direction that now define where it is today. Like mickey mouse and shit
>>
>>15680259
>>15678623
Sorry i meant to add its not just about the sales
>>
>>15680259
>>15680263
That's fair enough and I do agree.
>>
>>15678623
The only reason Plastic Man's not as popular anymore is that DC hasn't bothered doing anything with him for years and years.
>>
>>15680361
That's honestly true of pretty much every character that DC originally acquired from a different company.

Plastic Man just hurts especially bad, since he's one of my favorite superheroes. Although I like him mostly due to the golden age Plas comics being genuinely good rather than anything DC has done.
>>
>>15668517
Pre-Kiva 2000s was pretty rad.

Kabuto a best.
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.