[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've heard Gundam has some really deep physics lore that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: more swords is better.jpg (115KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
more swords is better.jpg
115KB, 500x360px
So I've heard Gundam has some really deep physics lore that had a lot of thought and effort and consistency put into it

I'd like to get into that, but not sure where to start
>>
It's best explained in part of G Gundam.
I'm spoiling it a bit, but it all boils down to devil gundam cells.
>>
Start by becoming a scientist and ripping off Gundam in real life.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-06-29/researchers-discover-safer-earth-re-entry-thanks-to-gundam/.118082
>>
Read up on Minovsky physics.
>>
>>15666927
Except that's a load of shit, since ballutes have been in use since the 1950s. They were on the Gemini spacecraft, for fuck's sake. All these people going "look, it's just like in Zeta Gundam, they must have been inspired by it" are ignoring the fact that Gundam itself took a lot of inspiration from real world aerospace technology.
>>
>>15666924
It's actually pretty interesting. The "Minovsky particle" is a fictional particle more or less identical to the muon but without the cripplingly short half-life. As such, all the cool things you can do with muons under laboratory conditions are actually practical in the world of Mobile Suit Gundam. The most basic one is Minovsky-catalyzed fusion, Minovsky particles take the place of electrons in a dense plasma and, being more massive than electrons, allow the atoms to get closer together and fuse more easily. That's what powers mobile suits. Another application that's fundamental to mobile suit combat is M-particle lattices, which screen out electromagnetic radiation of certain wavelengths and make long-distance communication and detection very difficult. That's why mobile suits aren't shot down by guided missiles like you'd expect from such huge targets. It's all actually pretty detailed, the Gundam wiki has a pretty nice article on it.
>>
>>15666924
>So I've heard Gundam has some really deep physics lore
someone lied to you.
I like Gundam but its physics aren't that deep.
The most complex stuff are the particles that each series introduces to create a need for MS, some series go more in depth than others, but the U is fairly developed since its the longest running.
Just don't expect anything on the level of actually realistic physics with equations and stuff.
>>
Why do people care about this kind of things in these works anyway?
>>
>>15669461
muh immersion
>>
>>15669461
It's fun.
>>
>>15669461
Same reason I assume people like full fledged science fiction, i assume.
>>
File: EhcZ13fq[1].png (84KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
EhcZ13fq[1].png
84KB, 256x256px
>>15666927
>Start by becoming a scientist and ripping off Gundam in real life.
>>
>>15666927
>Once deployed, EGG slowed down and landed on Earth approximately three months after starting its initial descent.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.