[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a Big O thread? I just finished and I need to talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Big_O_-_Armor.jpg (128KB, 635x478px) Image search: [Google]
Big_O_-_Armor.jpg
128KB, 635x478px
Can we have a Big O thread? I just finished and I need to talk about it. that and I didn't get the ending
>>
File: big o season 2.jpg (1000KB, 1284x2896px) Image search: [Google]
big o season 2.jpg
1000KB, 1284x2896px
>>15665455

the director was fucking with you
>>
>>15665458
That honestly explains a lot. I got the sense thay had less budget and it did shift style a lot.
>>
>>15665463
They shifted from hand drawn to digital in the second season

I've watched the series more than once, but honestly I never noticed, although it was before I learned to look at anime as critically as I do now.
>>
>>15665455
Big O is a pinnacle of visual storytelling.
You can understand A LOT just from paying attention to the details.

Short version: there are number of narrative levels in the story and by the end characters became aware of most of them. Angel is essentially a writer/creator of this world or his/her avatar and decided to erase her/his own work, but Roger negotiated with her and convinced author to start the story over instead.

And there is a Daitarn 3 reference at the very end.
>>
>>15667809
>Big O is a pinnacle of visual storytelling.
Ha
>>
Because they were trying to get a third season out of Adult Swim.
>>
>>15667809
I've never bought that interpretation because Angel did a number of things that it wouldn't make sense for a person totally in control of reality to do. More reasonably, her becoming aware of the fake nature of Paradigm City gives her power over it
>>
>>15667927
Angel was also a character in-story. She wasn't self-aware about it for the most part of the show. Angel isn't a Game Master and didn't intend to interfere with story. I guess she isn't really an author herself, but more likely his avatar or projection.
>>
>>15665486
>I've watched the series more than once, but honestly I never noticed

How did you not fucking notice? It went from looking fucking amazing to looking like shit
>>
>>15665486
It's obvious on first glance that everything became early-2000s digipaint. How did past you not even notice that?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.